- Text Size +

 

Just a Walk in the Park

86/74

"Brian wake up it's time to go."

"You go Justin, I'm too tired."

"No Brian I won't go without you."

"Baby it's time, you have to go without me."

"NO, please Brian I can't do it without you, I can't live without you; no, you get up out of that bed, get dressed and take me to the park!"

"Bossy Bottom."

"Brian I love you, I've loved you my entire life, you can't leave me, please Brian, please get up."

"Can't get it up anymore Baby, just too tired. I need to sleep now."

"I'll let you go to sleep if you promise me you'll get up and take me to the park later. Promise me."

"I can't promise that Justin, I've never lied to you and I won't start now."

"Brian please promise me, please."

"Alright Sunshine, after my nap we'll go."

"Thank you Brian, thank you. I love you, I'll never stop loving you. Thank you for being my stud for all this time."

"I love you too Baby. Thank you for teaching me how to love, thank you for always being there for me. Justin, can you send Gus in here a minute."

"For just a minute, the quicker you nap, the faster we're out of here and in the park. You promised and you never lie."

"I know; love you Sunshine."

"Love you Brian, forever."

~~~~    ~~~~ ~~~~    ~~~~ ~~~~ ~~~~    ~~~~ ~~~~

"Gus your Dad wants to speak with you, but for only a minute cause after his nap he's taking me to the park."

"Sure Pop, whatever you say."

~~~~    ~~~~ ~~~~    ~~~~ ~~~~ ~~~~    ~~~~ ~~~~

"Dad?"

"Come closer Gus. You know don't you?"

"Yes Dad, I know."

"I love you Gus, you and Justin have been my whole life, I hope you know that."

"Dad, you're the best father anyone could ever ask for, I love you."

"Love you too Sonny Boy. Now I need you to do something for me, something very important."

"I know and I will, I promise Dad, I promise and you know I never lie."

"That's my Sonny Boy. Go now, I need a nap, I promised to take him to the park after my nap, you know how much he looks forward to going to the park."

"Okay Dad, you sleep now, I'll take care of everything, I promise."

"Thank you Sonny Boy; sleeping now."

~~~~    ~~~~ ~~~~    ~~~~ ~~~~ ~~~~    ~~~~ ~~~~

"No Pop, don't."

"Gus let me in there; BRIAN! Brian wake up you promised to take me to the park, it's time to go, please Bri, wake up."

"He's gone Pop."

"No he can't be Gus, he promised me and he never, never...Oh God Brian no don't leave me please don't leave me alone."

"Pop, come on, let him be, he's gone."

"Gus I can't, I can't let him go. Who'll remind him to wear his hearing aid? Who's going to make him eat, he never eats without me pushing him. He's so vain, so skinny, so... He's my life Gus, I can't leave him, he needs me."

"I know Pop. Pop? Why don't you let me take you to the park?"

"Would you, it's such a beautiful day, the sun looks so nice, so warm."

~~~~    ~~~~ ~~~~    ~~~~ ~~~~ ~~~~    ~~~~ ~~~~

"Brian, I'm a little chilly, did you bring the blanket."

"It's Gus, Pop and here's the blanket."

"Oh Gus, you look so much like your father; thanks."

"Better now?"

"Much better, thank you Brian."

"Pop it's...You're welcome Sunshine."

"Brian can you push me over to the pond, there's a nice sunny patch over there."

"Sure"

"Brian, you remember that bench, feeding the ducks, I'm sorry I left you for the fiddler, thank you for taking me back, thank you for taking care of me."

"You took care of me Justin, you always took care of us and Gus; you're the best ‘other Dad' a boy could want."

"Oh Brian, you know how much I love Gus and his sister, I always did as though they were my own."

"We knew that, we always felt it, feel your love."

"Brian I'm tired, can I sleep here for a while in the sun."

"Sure Baby, I'll be here when you wake up."

"Promise?"

"I promise and you know I don't lie."

"I know Brian, I love you."

"Love you too Sunshine."

~~~~    ~~~~ ~~~~    ~~~~ ~~~~ ~~~~    ~~~~ ~~~~

My sister and I would like to thank you all for joining us at this time. Most people would think this a sad occasion and I guess they would be right. But I'd prefer to call it a celebration of a partnership, a special partnership that lasted over 50 years. A partnership of love, friendship, the loudest arguments, the fiercest make ups and a hell of a lot of fucking. So please, raise a glass, raise a dick, to my Dads, Brian and Justin, they lived together, they loved together, they fucked together and now their souls are together.

To Brian and Justin!

The End.
Sabina is the author of 50 other stories.
This story is a favorite of 1 members. Members who liked Just a Walk in the Park also liked 552 other stories.