- Text Size +

 

Just a Walk in the Park

50/38

aka Socks

~~~~    ~~~~ ~~~~    ~~~~ ~~~~ ~~~~    ~~~~ ~~~~

J-"Please Brian, please you gotta eat something; you've been lying here for three days; please Baby, for me, eat."

B-"Not. Hungry. Sleep."

J-"Ok, Bri, I'll check on you later."

~~~~    ~~~~ ~~~~    ~~~~ ~~~~ ~~~~    ~~~~ ~~~~

E-"Helloo."

J-"Emmett."

E-"Hiya Sweetums."

J-"Emmett I need your help, where are you?"

E-"At Woody's; want me to come to the loft?"

J-"No, I'll come to you and do you see the Silver Fox?"

E-"Oh yeah and lookin' real fine too."

J-"Ok, grab him, I think I need him too."

E-"Ooo, sounds kinky."

J-"Bye, Em."

~~~~    ~~~~ ~~~~    ~~~~ ~~~~ ~~~~    ~~~~ ~~~~

E-"You who, Justin, over here. Hey Honey, how's it hangin'?"

J-"A little low and to the left."

SF-"Excuse me Justin, would you care to explain why this ‘gentleman' practically hog tied me to this stool."

E-"Well I did learn a thing or two back in Hazelhurst."

J-"I'm sorry Doctor, uh, uh, I don't know your name."

SF-"It's Alex..."

J-"Doesn't matter, I need your help, you too Em."

E-"With what , Honey."

J-"Brian."

E-"Brian?"

SF-"Justin, are you talking about ‘the' Brian; stud extraordinairre?"

J-"Yes, that Brian."

SF-"I once told him that he's the most well adjusted bastard I know, what happened?"

J-"He's wearing socks!"

E-"What?"

SF-"What?!"

J-"Read my lips, he is wearing socks."

E-"OH MY GOD!"

SF-"Justin, Emmett, I may be a psychiatrist but I'm new to your brand of lunacy; I need a little more information."

J-"Look, he's wearing sock, big thick white wooly socks, in the loft and in bed plus sweat pants and a sweat shirt. He's not eating or drinking, sleeping for three days, took time off from work, maybe he needs to be in the hospital."

E-"Oh Sweetie, that sounds real bad. When did this start?"

J-"Around his birthday."

E-"This is awful, I thought he was handling it."

J-"I did too but apparently not."

E-"Did you talk to Michael?"

J-"I haven't had the..."

SF-"TIME OUT! Justin go and get me a martini, make it a double extra dry. Emmett, since you seem to understand what this twink is babbling about, would you please explain it to me, slowly. I'm having difficulty equating socks..."

J-"Not just any socks."

SF-"Right, big thick white wooly socks, with committing one's partner to a hospital."

J-"But you don't..."

SF-"No, I don't, now go and have a martini."

J-"Shit."

SF-"And take your time, calm down, you're not speaking in coherent sentences."

J-"Fuck me."

SF-"Maybe later. Now Emmett, slowly and from the top."

E-"That's the problem."

SF-"Huh?"

E-"There's something wrong with his top."

SF-"Emmett!"

E-"Okay, ok; Foxy, let me ask you something, how old are you?"

SF-"Early fifties, why?"

E-"And me?"

SF-"I don't know, I guess about fifty although you don't look a day over forty."

E-"Why thank you Sugar, must be all the peaches and cream. You're looking pretty good yourself doc. I love the silver, so distinguished, so handsome."

SF-"Thank you; your point."

E-"The stud, Justin's top, how old do you think he is?"

SF-"Could never tell with him; he always looks good, young, fit, his age seems irrelevant but if I ventured a guess, I'd say, oh shit!"

E-"Is that a professional ‘oh shit'?"

SF-"So the stud turned fifty, lot's of us have and thanks to modern technology and raised health awareness, many of us don't look our age, he certainly doesn't. Must be good genes."

E-"And living with a beautiful young twink who'll do anything for him."

SF-"So what makes you think he's not handling the big 50."

E-"Socks."

SF-"Again with the socks; what's with the socks?"

J-"Here's your drink, so you can help him, right, we should go to the loft now, I have to get him to eat, he doesn't get out of bed except to piss, come on, we gotta do something."

SF-"Is he always like this?"

E-"Only when he's excited, nervous or it's about Brian; just about 95% of the time."

SF-"Man, he's exhausting; how does Brian put up with it?"

E-"Don't have a clue, but he has for 20 years."

SF-"Damn, he's good."

J-"STANDING RIGHT HERE, GUYS!"

E-"Justin, Princess, go get your Aunty Em a Cosmo and one for yourself and take your time."

J-"Cosmo, right."

SF-"Do you think that's wise? He just had a martini and now he's going to have a Cosmo."

E-"He can handle it, if not, his Aunty Em will take care of him."

SF-"I bet you will. Ok, explain the socks."

E-"Brian is rather a creature of habit, he likes things a certain way. His loft, for instance, clean, uncluttered, richly furnished without being gaudy. His suits, clean cut lines, classy, they'll never go out of fashion. Brian maybe an asshole sometimes but he's an orderly asshole. When it comes time to turn off Brian Kinney, stud, ad exec, he becomes Brian, quiet, uncomplicated. He steps through the loft door at the end of the day and sheds his suit, briefcase, boots and socks, sheds Brian Kinney for Brian, a wife beater and his oldest worn jeans with the top button undone. As cold as it may get in the loft, he gracefully saunters about in it with bare feet. He's done this for damn near 25 years."

SF-"Wow."

E-"Yeah, wow."

SF-"And the sweats in bed?"


E-"He hardly ever wears anything to bed unless he's sick or angry and even then it's a t-shirt and briefs. Never sweats and never ever..."

SF-"Socks."

E-"By George, I think he's got it."

SF-"So this is serious?"

E-"Yup."

J-"Em, here."

E-"Thank you Princess."

J-"So you got it all figured out now?"

SF-"Justin, I get the sock significance."

J-"Good, let's go."

SF-"Not yet."

J-"Shit, he could be dying?"

SF-"Justin, do you honestly think he'd harm himself in any way?"

J-"No."

SF-"Tell me when all of this started."

J-"It was a few days ago, he decided to take a vacation, he really doesn't have to be there, the agency runs itself and he's trained a lot of good execs, I've been trying to talk him into early retirement, he came home, took off all his clothes , put on the sweats and the ..."

SF-"Socks."

J-"Yup and he's been like that ever since. He was eating, at first, then he went to bed."

SF-"And he hasn't been out since."

J-"No, just to pee."

SF-"Alright gentlemen, I guess I'm making a house call."

J-"Oh thank god; and you'll send me a bill after."

SF-"Count on it but I want a special payment."

J-"Uh, I don't..."

SF-"Not that; and it's common knowledge that you two are mono..."

J-"Shhh, we prefer the term exclusive."

SF-"Whatever, I would like one of your sketches or perhaps a grouping."

J-"Oh, sure, what subject?"

SF-"We'll discuss that later, after we fix your partner. So let's go, I've never seen the infamous loft."

E-"Well, boys, I think I'll be moseying along."

SF-"Not so fast, we may need you."

E-"Uh, what do I know about the strange psyche that is Brian Kinney?"

SF-"Apparently a lot more than you let on but leave the doctoring to me, I may need you for the brawn."

E-"Uh, doc, do you need glasses? Look at me."

SF-"Emmett, I suspect you're a lot stronger than you let on too. Brian is as tall as you , Justin and I will need help and you're it. You're also very non-threatening, he will react better with your ..."

E-"Interference?"

SF-"I was going to say, help."

E-"He's not going to like this."

SF-"I'm counting on it, but it can't be helped. So Justin, where ya parked?"

~~~~    ~~~~ ~~~~    ~~~~ ~~~~ ~~~~    ~~~~ ~~~~

SF-"So this is the loft."

J-"Excuse me, I have to check on him."

E-"Yup, in all it's minimalist glory."

SF-"Impressive; spacious yet intimate; uncluttered yet homey. Is that a toy train on the book shelf?"

E-"Yes, one of Gus' favorite toys, even after he grew up. He's away at college now, but Brian left it there."

SF-"Says a lot about the stud."

E-"He loves his son."

SF-"These floors are beautifully polished."

E-"Yes, he is a bit obsessed with them."

SF-"So the man likes his hard wood."

E-"You got that right."

SF-"Do I get to see the legendary bedroom?"

E-"So you never?"

SF-"The baths; you?"

E-"Nope, he doesn't do friends."

SF-"Ah, good rule."

E-"You, uh, more than once?"

SF-"Uh, uh, no repeats, remember."

E-"Yeah, the other rule."

J-"Uh guys, up here. Now he's smelling a bit ripe."

E-*sigh*

SF-"Another Kinneyism?"

E-"Yes, the man has cleanliness down to a fine art."

J-"We usually shower together in the morning and before bed and sometimes when we come home from work."

SF-"The couple that showers together..."

E-"Fucks a lot in the shower."

SF-"Ah. Justin, what have you done so far to get him out of bed?"

J-"Begged, pleaded, offered blow jobs, cried, yelled, pushed and threatened."

SF-"Nothing worked."

J-"No."

SF-"Okay, get me a bucket with lots of ice."

E-"Doc, you're not going to do what I think you're going to do?"

SF-"Maybe, depends on Brian. Justin, how does he like his shower?"

J-"With me in it."

SF-"Oh hell."

J-"If we're together, warm; just him, hot."

SF-"Em, please turn on the water, cold."

E-"Oh this is not going to be pretty, is it?"

SF-"No, it won't; then come back here, I may need your help to get him on his feet."

E-"Consider it done."

SF-*Here goes.* "Brian Kinney, you know you're a selfish, self-centered bastard, who has no right to be stuck in bed cause you think you're getting old. You're fucking gorgeous and you know it. I'd suck your cock myself if it weren't for all of your goddamn rules and the fact that now you're my patient. So don't you think it's time to cut the drama queen shit and get your smelly ass into the shower before your stink permeates the mattress!"

J-"How can you say those things to him, can't you see that he's hurting!"

SF-"Hurting? Hurting, my ass. Justin, all I see is a big fucking drama queen vying for sympathy. ‘Oh, I'm 50, pity me; I'm not a stud anymore.' Bullshit! He's the hottest thing on Liberty, everyone knows it and so does he. He's doing this on purpose and you're enabling him."

J-"I'm what? Enabling him? What the fuck is that?"

SF-"Justin, you're just as bad as he is and responsible for this. All this whining and crying, ‘oh my poor, poor stud, help him, help him.' Open your eyes, don't you see what he's doing? No, of course you don't, because you're just a sorry, whining, nelly-ass, dumb, blond, bottom, little shit!"

B-"GET THE FUCK AWAY FROM HIM AND GET THE HELL OUT OF MY LOFT!"

SF-"Welcome back Brian."

E-"Huh?"

J-"Huh?"

SF-"Quick, help me strip him and get him into the shower."

J-"I'm not going to help you."

SF-"Justin, for fuck's sake, get over yourself and help me while he's still out of bed. Move it! And pull off those damn socks."

E-"Uh, Foxy, I think we may all have to get into the shower."

SF-"I was planning on that. STRIP!"

E-"This is embarrassing."

SF-"Emmett, you have a beautiful body."

E-"Thank you doc."

B-"What the fuck are you doing to me? FUCK, that's cold! Shit, Em, fuck, you're naked, I'm naked, and who the fuck are you?"

SF-"Brian, right now I'm your doctor. Emmett, raise the water temperature."

B-"Justin? Baby?"

J-"I'm right here Bri."

B-"What's happening?"

J-"You kinda freaked and I couldn't get you out of bed and I got scared."

B-"I'm sorry I scared you, Angel."

E-"Baby?"

SF-"Angel? Emmett, we can get out of the shower now. I think they'll be alright."

J-"Oh Bri, I missed you."

B-"Sorry, Baby."

J-"Love you, Brian."

B-"Love you, Baby."

E-"Uh, doc, this is way more than I can take."

SF-"Yeah, I know what you mean, who'd a thought the stud could be so, so unstudly."

E-"No, not that, they do that all the time. You, me naked, watching them."

SF-"Oh, let's give them some privacy and get dressed. So, Emmett, are you seeing anyone?"

E-"Not at the moment, whatcha have in mind?"

~~~~    ~~~~ ~~~~    ~~~~ ~~~~ ~~~~    ~~~~ ~~~~

E-"Hi Brian, you all better now?"

B-"Yes, thank you and I appreciate your help the other night."

E-"Don't mention it Honey, glad to be of service."

J-"Emmett, you're always there for us."

E-"What good is a fairy godmother if we're not reliable?"

SF-"You certainly are reliable."

E-"Hi there Foxy."

SF-"Em, gentlemen; crisis over?"

B-"Yes it is, sorry I gave you a hard time."

SF-"No you didn't and no apology necessary. Besides I've seen worse. You'd be surprised just how many fags of a certain age are on Zoloft. So you two are talking to me, I was a little rough on the both of you."

B-"Yeah, we're talking to you."

SF-"Good, now Justin, about my fee."

B-"I'll pay doc."

SF-"NO, my agreement is with Justin, besides you don't have the necessary qualifications to provide my fee."

B-"What the fuck are you talking about and Justin, what did you agree to?"

SF-"Down big boy, no need to get all guard doggie. I asked Justin for a grouping of sketches. Originally I wanted them for my office but after the other night, I'd prefer them for my private collection."

E-"You collect art? I didn't know."

SF-"Well, we're still learning about each other, aren't we?"

B-"You two, uh..."

E-"In the getting to know you stage."

J-"I'm happy for you Em."

E-"Thank you Princess."

B-"Enough chit chat, now what about these sketches."

SF-"I have several pieces of Justin's work."

J-"You do?"

SF-"Justin, you're a talented artist, I've followed your career for years."

J-"You have?"

SF-"God, he's still so exhausting."

B-"Tell me about it."

SF-"Justin, with Brian's permission I'd like a set of nudes, of Brian, I mean; you're adorable but I'm not in to twinks. Of course Brian, you can fit it into your schedule, I'm in no rush."

J-"Oh, if it's sketches of Brian you want, that's no problem, he doesn't have to sit for me. I can do him blindfolded, I think I have done him blindfolded, uh, besides I have thousands of sketches you can pick from."

SF-"You do?"

J-"Yes I do. Brian's my favorite subject, a day doesn't go by that I don't sketch him. Usually I keep them for myself but you can have any three that you'd like. After all I have the real thing."

B-"That you do, Sunshine."

SF-"Sunshine?"

E-"I'll explain later."

SF-"In that case maybe I will ask you for something for my office, a landscape?"

J-"Sure, I can do that."

SF-"Good, that's settled, can I buy you all a drink?"

B,J,E-"Beam/Beer/Cosmo."

SF-"Be right back."

B-"So, how goes it with the Fox, as I recall he's rather endowed."

E-"Very well Brian and he is rather Foxy."


J-"Did you ever find out his real name?"

E-"You know something, that never came up."

SF-"Here ya go boys. Brian, if you don't mind me asking, I'm curious, why the socks?"

J-"Not just any..."

SF-"I know, big thick white wooly socks; what gives?"

B-"Not sure, I never wear them when I'm home, walk around naked most of the time."

J-"Can't tell you how many times my Mom and little sister got flashed."

E-"Debbie and Lindsey are used to it but not Melanie."

J-"He does that to her on purpose."

*giggles*

B-"Anyway, suddenly I felt old and cold. My skin has always been warm to the touch, guess that's why I like it cool in the loft and being naked. Justin's always cold."

J-"I just curl up to him."

E-"Awww."

B-"I couldn't get warm, hence the..."

E,J,SF-"SOCKS!"

SF-"Well this certainly is one for the text books, a new manifestation of mid-life crisis. Socks, big thick white wooly socks."

E-"Well kids, me and the Fox would love to continue this scintillating conversation but it's oldies night at Babylon and he promised me several dances, so tootles!"

SF-"Goodnight gentlemen and Brian if you ever want to take it out in trade..."

B-"I don't do repeats."

SF-"Just checking. Bye guys."

J-"Bye doc."

B-"Yeah, yeah. So Sunshine, you want to go to oldies night?"

J-"Nah, we're too young for oldies night. I'd rather go home and have you inspire a few more sketches."

B-"I think I can do that."

J-"I know you can, stud."

B-"Thank you Justin."

J-"For what?"

B-"For this, my life, our life, for..."

J-"Finding a way to get rid of those fucking socks?"

B-"Yeah."

J-"You're so very welcome."