- Text Size +

 

Just a Walk in the Park

53/41

"Brian, have you been listening to the oldies station again?"

"How can you tell?"

"Uh, you're sitting in the dark, the smoke is so thick in here you can cut it with a knife and there's a half empty bottle of JB on the counter."

"Predictable, huh."

"No, adorable."

"I don't do adorable."

"If you say so. So what brought on this sudden attack of nostalgia?"

"Not sure."

"Feeling old again?"

"Maybe."

"Brian, how many times do I have to tell you, you're still beautiful, still the stud."

"That's not it."

"What then?"

"You still love me?"

"Of course I do."

"Then why are you leaving?"

"It's only for a week."

"Too long."

"You're a big boy, you can manage."

"What if I don't want to manage."

"Then come with me."

"You're asking out of pity."

"No, I'm asking cause I'll miss you."

"Then why do you have to go?"

"We've been through this."

"One more time."

"It's a PR thing, my agent wants to put me out in the light for a while. My mystery man mystic is wearing thin."

"You've never sought the limelight before."

"True, but times have changed, I'm not the young twink anymore. I don't look twelve. Benny thinks the world can handle the real Justin Taylor, not their perception of him."

"I love the real Justin Taylor."

"I know you do and I love the real Brian Kinney."

"You think you know the real Brian Kinney."

"Pretty much, although lately your persona has gone through some major alterations, for the better mind you."

"How so?"

"You're softer."

"My dick is as hard as ever."

"That's not what I mean and you know it. You're more patient, tolerant, you don't snap or get angry like you used to, just an all round pleasant guy to be around."

"I was always pleasant."

"Sure you were, for an asshole, pleasant as a basket of angry cobras. Brian, come with me, we can have fun."

"What kind of fun?"

"They'll be receptions at all of the galleries."

"Peachy. You get to look sweet, young, sexy, beautiful, while I get to stand there looking the supportive partner, skinny, old with a bad hair cut."

"Brian, I like your hair cut."

"Oh that's reassuring, coming from my fashion senseless twink. I'm doomed."

"Poor baby; come with me Bri."

"Don't I always."

"Can the sarcasm, asshole, and stop feeling sorry for yourself and be my supportive partner. I'll make it worth it."

"You going to pick up the tab?"

"Maybe or maybe I'll blow you in every gallery and when you wake up in the morning and before you go to sleep and everywhere in between."

"You do that anyway, Sunshine."

"So you'll go with me?"

"I'll go."

"No more oldies station?"

"For now."

"Good."

"Can I have a preview on those blowjobs?"

"Any time you want Bri."

"So predictable."

"Still so adorable."