- Text Size +

Justin looked confused when Corey told him Collier Hartline’s name. He had no clue who the guy was when they said the name, until they told him the guy was a friend of Ethan Gold. Even then he couldn’t form a picture of the guy in his head. 

 

“I don’t really even remember him.” Justin told them.

 

“From what Eric told us, you didn’t have much to do with Collier Hartline.” Ted told him.

 

“Ethan was always bringing people around. I didn’t like the way he acted, like he needed to show me off like one of my paintings, so it was easier to ignore them.” Justin told them.

 

“The only problem we have right now is that Collier hasn’t done anything other than talking to Gus. I’m having people try and locate him, and we’ll keep an eye on him to make sure he doesn’t come near Justin.” Corey told them.

 

“I don’t want him anywhere near Justin.” Brian told them.

 

“We’ll tighten the security around Justin and Gus. Which means neither of you go anywhere without telling me first.” Cody told him.

 

“We really didn’t plan to do anything other than staying here, so Brian could have some downtime.” Justin told him.

 

“Anyone other than you and Emmett will need to go through Ted to come here.” Brian told Corey.

 

“What about Gus?” Justin asked.

 

“Corey can bring him, even if it pisses Lindsay off.” Brian answered.

 

“Even if it does, she’ll deal with it.” Ted told him.

 

“You think she might be a problem again?” Corey asked them.

 

“Only because she doesn’t think before she does something, like driving here by herself with Gus. You warned us before, once something of interest gets out we need to be on guard.” Brian told him.

 

“The only thing keeping people from this house right now is how Justin purchased it.” Ted told them, looking impressed.

 

“My father and I were talking about it when I planned to buy the house, he’s the one who told me that eventually this would happen and because of that using my name wouldn’t be a good idea. Having it under my family’s corporation wouldn’t work either, so I called my best friend, who agreed to have it in her name under her family corporation.” Justin told him.

 

“That’s a lot of trust to put into one person.” Ted told him.

 

“When you pick up Blake you’ll get it.” Brian told him.

 

“Get what?” Ted asked.

 

“Why Justin has so much faith in Daphne, and so do I. It’s the same as I have for you and Emmett.” Brian told him.

 

“Although, can you ask Blake to put up with Daphne fangirling on him, she’s a big fan of Xtreme Misfits.” Justin laughed as Brian rolled his eyes.

 

“She’s not a fan of Dark Angel?” Ted asked, trying not to laugh.

 

“She is, it’s just she likes Blake better.” Justin teased.

 

“What are you doing to locate this guy?” Brian asked Corey, ignoring Justin.

 

“I have someone looking to see if he left any electronic footprints for us to follow. If he’s using cash, that makes finding him harder. The last location we can place him is Eric’s apartment, which means he’s managing to get places without using public transportation, since Carl was able to check if his name was listed for flight and buses out of Pittsburgh. I let you know as soon as I know anything else.” Corey told them.

 

“It’s really hard to imagine anyone stalking me, I expected it was because of Brian’s career.” Justin told him.

 

“It might not have anything to do with your career Justin, it could just be that something about you triggered him. It’s nothing to do with anything about you but where the wiring went wrong with Collier.” Corey told him.

 

“Are you sure he’d really do more than he already has?” Justin asked, wanting to know what Corey thought.

 

“Justin, if all he did was approach you and walked away like anyone would after finding out you weren’t interested, than I wouldn’t worry about him, but after hearing how he acted with Eric, that makes me worry. He resorted to violence when Eric couldn’t answer him, that means he’s very unstable.” Corey answered.

 

“Okay.” Justin said, trusting what Corey told him.

 

“Find him. Because if I do, he won’t survive.” Brian told him.

 

*******************************************

 

Blake was thrilled when Ben agreed to come with him. They were both ready to just relax after being on the road for months. Ben didn’t want to be a third wheel but Blake didn’t see it that way. They were brothers through the bond they formed as a band. Ben never gave up on him, instead he helped Ted to get Blake on the road to recovery. Ben was there as much as Ted was, keeping the shitty people Blake had been around away from him. It was just that Blake wanted Ben to find a life outside the groupies. It was empty and meaningless when they both could have more if they wanted it. Ben was the kind of guy who wanted all the bells and whistles, but settled when he couldn’t find someone to see past the rockstar to find the Ben that Blake knew. It’s why Blake wanted Ben to come with him, to get away from LA and the bullshit. Blake appreciated Ben wanting to give him and Ted time to figure out their relationship, but Blake didn’t need to figure it out. He’d crushed on Ted when they first met, and as Blake got to know him those feelings changed into love. Blake didn’t need to figure it out, he just needed to plan on how to make it work between him and Ted, because for him there was no turning back, just forward to the life they would have.

 

Blake and Ben also needed to talk about the future with Xtreme Misfits, since Ted called and told him what was going on. There was no way they were going to resign after the shit Vance tried to pull on Ted. Ted told him about starting a label with Brian and Emmett investing, and while Blake would be more than happy to go with them it was still something him and Ben had to talk about.

 

When they got called for the car, Blake was trying not to run, in his eagerness to get to Ted. Travis got out of the car and Blake laughed at Ben, who stared at the stunning man who was waiting for them.

 

“Damn it, you had to be straight.” Ben teased, as Travis got in and drove them.

 

“My girl says damn it, thank God you're straight.” Travis joked. 

 

“Well I’m going to say thank you for helping us.” Blake told him.

 

“It’s not a problem at all. Justin asked and I’d do anything for him since he introduced me to my goddess.” Travis told him.

 

“We really don’t know Justin that well.” Blake told him.

 

“When you do, you’ll know he’s someone who looks after his friends and family.” Travis told him.

 

“Brian’s like that too, so it makes sense that he’d marry Justin.” Ben told them.

 

“Brian fits in well with all of them.” Travis told him.

 

“With who?” Blake asked.

 

“Justin’s family and friends. He even managed to get Craig Taylor’s approval, which isn’t easy.” Travis told them.

 

“Why?” Ben asked.

 

“Craig had a hard time with Justin’s sexuality but loved his son. He tends to want Justin be with someone from the same background, if know what I mean. Only, most of those relationships didn’t work out for Justin, and he didn’t see the point in introducing anyone to his family if he wasn’t serious about the person. For him it was different with Brian, so when Brian asked to meet more than Molly, Justin agreed. He knew his father would have to accept it because Brian wasn’t going to be like the others in Justin’s past. Brian actually made the next move, by signing up for a golfing tournament, with me.” Travis told them, laughing.

 

“How did it change anything?” Blake asked, wanting to hear what had Travis amused.

 

“I’ll tell you on the flight.” Travis told them, pulling into a hanger.

 

“You own the whole company?” Blake asked looking around at the sleek jet.

 

“My family does, but I’m pretty much in charge.” Travis told him, not really acting like it was a big deal.

 

“We should talk to you about arranging our travel.” Ben said, liking what he was seeing.

 

“Ted already did.” Travis told them, showing them onto the jet.

 

“Are you flying us?” Blake asked.

 

“Not for this flight. My younger brother asked to since it was you guys. He’s as big a fan as my girl is of your band.” Travis told him.

 

“I hate you.” Sean said, blushing as he came out to meet them.

 

“Wait, wasn’t it ‘I love you please please let me come and meet them’?” Travis teased.

 

“Whatever. Let’s go before you tell them anything else to embarass me.” Sean told him.

 

“Ben would love hearing that you have posters of him everywhere.” Travis said as Sean seemed to be praying his brother would shut up.

 

“I’m here in person, in case you miss your posters.” Ben teased.

 

“Um... yeah... well I need to get this bird in the air.” Sean tells him, turning and hitting one of the seats trying to get to the cockpit.

 

“Sean, head in the game.” Travis told him seriously as Sean closed the door.

 

“I think coming with you just got better.” Ben told him as they sat down.

 

“One warning, he’s my brother, don’t play with him if you aren’t serious.” Travis told him.

 

“Understood.” Ben told him, not sure what it was about Sean.

 

“So tell us the story.” Blake said.

 

“I’m telling this from what Daphne told me, as to why I had to sign up with Brian to play at our club. It wasn’t that Craig had a problem with Justin be gay by this point, it was just that what he knew about Brian Kinney meant Justin could get hurt. So he wasn’t joining the fan club and welcoming him at first. Brian knew it bothered Justin that his father was standoffish with him, and wanted to make it easier on Justin.” Travis told him.

 

“Justin’s family and friends knew about them?” Ben asked.

 

“From what it sounded like, no one did.” Blake answered.

 

“It was more that Brian didn’t want the crap in his life leaking all over Justin. Brian, on the other hand, wanted to know the people who loved Justin the way he did.” Travis told them.

 

“I get that. I mean Ted is going to have to put up with fans acting like him being in my life is somehow a slight to them.” Blake told him.

 

“Hopefully they won’t be as bad as some of Brian’s fans are being.” Ben said.

 

“Is it bad?” Travis asked.

 

“Just the usual, trying to make Justin into the evil asshole who stole their man. So what happened?” Blake asked, wanting to know.

 

“Craig thought he’d pair up with one of the sons of another prominent family, Landon. Someone he thought would be better for Justin, while making sure Justin and the family were there with him. Brian was on tour at the time and Craig took advantage of his absence in hopes of getting Justin interested in someone he thought was better suited for him. I know it sounds like Criag didn’t like Brian, but it was more that he thought he was looking out for Justin. Daphne found out and called Brian and then me to let me know she was signing the two of us up. Craig's partner for the tournament had just joined his father’s financing firm, and in the past had dated Justin. Brian showed up surprising Justin, but was also ready for whatever Craig threw at him. Brian also didn’t announce who he was, and toned down his rocker image enough that no one realized who he was. Craig kept talking business to us, like he expected it to be over Brian’s head. Instead he got to hear all about Brian’s investments and how the one Landon was talking about wasn’t one anyone who researched would make unless they wanted to lose their shirts. It didn’t help that another player who owned a financing firm told Craig that Brian was right. The other guy started talking to Brian about other investments, while telling Landon he needed to decide on a different future if he planned to bankrupt his family. The whole time Brian and I were kicking their ass at the tournament, and won. Craig was forced to get to know Brian and see that he wasn’t some loser rockstar, but a man who had plans for the future. Landon, on the other hand, embarrassed Craig when he suggested Justin could meet him at the clubhouse alone and he could make him forget all about Brian. While Brian arranged to have dinner with the family before he had to hop a plane and get back to his tour. Craig finally understood that Brian wasn’t messing around with Justin, and gave him a chance.” Travis told them.

 

“I’m surprised no one leaked anything.” Ben told him.

 

“I’m sure someone would have if they knew who he was, but Daphne signed him up as Brian Chambers. Brian dressed the part and Craig only told Landon that Justin would be there. Craig’s motives might have been shitty but he also didn’t want to hurt Brian and Justin by outing Brian. Plus he knew my girl and his wife and daughter would have kicked his ass.” Travis laughed.

 

“So they’re good with each other, now?” Blake asked.

 

“He admitted he was wrong and told Brian the next time they would play as partners. I need to go check on your number one fan. Feel free to get snacks or drinks.” Travis told them, going to the cockpit.

 

“Speaking of leaks, guess who the leak was? It was Kip. Vance’s nephew.” Blake told Ben.

 

“Did they figure out why the idiot would do it?” Ben asked.

 

“Because Brian didn’t want his ugly ass.” Blake told him.

 

“That shouldn’t be new for him, since he’s pissed off quite a few people with his unwanted attention.” Ben said shrugging.

 

“You too?” Blake asked.

 

“He showed up in my hotel room. He was waiting naked when I came back, I had security kick him out and told Vance to deal with him.” Ben told him.

 

“Vance offered Brian and Emmett a better contract as long as they got rid of Ted, but didn’t get rid of Kip, just demoted him for what he did.” Blake told him.

 

“He hates that Ted has him by the balls when it comes to all of us, but he should know that where Ted goes, we go.” Ben told him.

 

“Ted wants to start a label of his own. What do you think?”  Blake asked him.

 

“Are you really asking me, when it’s obvious what we’re going to do.” Ben answered.

 

“It’s something we have to decide as a band, not because one day I plan to marry Ted.” Blake told him.

 

“Moving fast aren’t you?” Ben asked.

 

“I know he’s it for me, what’s the point in slowing down?” Blake asked.

 

“Other than the fact that you wrote some great songs while pining for Ted, what happens when you don’t have to pine anymore?” Ben teased.

 

“My songs will no longer being about what I can’t have but what I do have.” Blake told him.

 

“Just promise we aren’t going have to do sappy love ballads.” Ben begged.

 

“Wait, why don’t we go with your life?” Blake teases.

 

“Those songs would be short and sweet. Let’s get naked and screw has already been done anyway.” Ben laughed.

 

“That used to be the anthem of both bands at one time.” Blake told him, laughing.

 

“Except you guys are finding your hearts and souls.” Ben told him, happy for him.