- Text Size +

Daphne showed up to pick up Ted when Travis called to let her know they’d be landing. She tried not to act like a total dork, since she managed to deal with Brian years ago without Justin having to kill her. Ted watched as she tackled Justin and kissed Brian on the cheek, while asking if they needed anything since going anywhere would be a pain in the ass. Ted couldn’t help but smile at the whirlwind that was Daphne.

 

“I went by your loft. I think the press finally figured out it was a waste of time to look there. Hopefully it will take them a while to find you guys. I also needed to ask you a favor.” Daphne told Justin.

 

“Anything. You don’t have to ask, you know that.” Justin told her.

 

“Travis asked me to marry him, so I need a man of honor.” Daphne told him, excited.

 

“When?” Justin asked, hugging her, happy for his best friend.

 

“In two weeks. Our families thinks it’s an engagement slash vacation thing. Instead we’re just going to get married and avoid having to invite people we don’t know.” Daphne told him.

 

“Your parents are going to kick your ass, not to mention Travis’s mother.” Justin told her.

 

“Yeah well, my man doesn’t give a shit what they want. He only cares about what I want.” Daphne smirked.

 

“Where will the wedding be, since I’m going to have to arranged the security?” Corey asked.

 

“It’s the property I planned to show Brian and Justin, since Brian wanted to find a vacation home for them. It’s on one of the smaller islands in the Bahamas. The developer is looking to sell fast, and agreed to let us use it. And it will give Brian and Justin time to consider it. It’s not exactly what you were looking for, since it was started with the idea that it would be a private resort, with houses built along the edges of the island, and the resort in the middle. The original buyer backed out after losing interest in running it, but it was already pretty much completed. If we agree to purchase it the developer wants to sell it all, not just pieces.” Daphne told them.

 

“We?” Justin asked.

 

“Travis fell in love with the idea of having our own private beach, so he’s willing to invest with you. Overall there are seven houses, not counting the resort.” Daphne told them.

 

“I can see if Emmett wants in too, since none of us want to spend the winter here. What do you think Ted, maybe a place away from everything?” Brian asked him.

 

“We could at least see it before deciding, if you don’t mind Blake, Ben, and I crashing your wedding.” Ted told her.

 

“I don’t mind at all, so let’s go pick up your man.” Daphne said gleefully, dragging Ted behind her.

 

******************************************

 

Michael woke up, wanting to tell the guy yelling to shut the fuck up. His mouth felt like someone stuffed cotton into it, and his head… Jesus, it was pounding, and the fucking yelling in the other room needed to stop. Michael stumbled out of a bed he didn’t recognize, only then realizing that he was naked. Then he remembered the guy flirting with him. Michael went to the door, about to tell them to shut up, then wondering if he should keep his mouth shut when he saw that one guy was raging over the other one, who looked like someone had kicked his ass. 

 

“Look Collier, I don’t know where he is, and I don’t have any way to find him for you. Kicking my ass isn’t going to get you anywhere.” Ethan said, backing away.

 

“You fucked up everything! All you had to do was keep him happy!” Collier yelled at him.

 

“It wouldn’t have mattered what I did, he wouldn’t have wanted you. He hated everyone I brought around him. Hell, Eric’s the one who was told to keep you away from Justin, so why not go take out your anger on him. He’s the one who told the bodyguard all about you.” Ethan told him.

 

“I don’t care if he never wanted me, as long as he never loved anyone else. Why do you think I supported you when you were with Justin? It was because there was no chance he’d ever love you. As long as he didn’t love anyone else I could live with it!” Collier yelled at him.

 

Michael listened to what Collier was saying and he understood exactly what he meant. Ethan on the other hand was lost, because it didn’t make any sense to him. Collier wanted Justin, but seemed to get that Justin wouldn’t want him? 

 

“If you knew he didn’t want you, why do you care if he’s with someone else?” Ethan asked.

 

“I wouldn’t care if he was with someone he couldn’t give two shits about, just as long as he never loved anyone.” Collier told Ethan, as if that was supposed to make sense to him.

 

“That way you always know one day there’s hope for you.” Michael said to Collier, who nodded in agreement.

 

“One day my Angel will see me.” Collier tells Michael, as Ethan got up to leave the psycho twins together.

 

“I’ve waited my whole life for my Angel to figure out I’m the one he really wants too.” Michael told him.

 

“You both are nuts.” Ethan whispered, grabbing the money Collier left sitting on the table before leaving the two idiots to their fantasy worlds.

 

For half a second Ethan thought about saying something to Eric, but he had left Ethan sitting at the bar with puke boy. The bartender had started making noise about the cops again when Collier wandered in, paying the tab and telling Ethan they needed to talk. Which consisted of Collier one minute acting like Ethan’s only purpose in life was making sure Justin never fell in love with Brian Kinney and the next beating him up for being Justin’s boyfriend. 

 

Ethan managed to get out the door of the room Collier rented without either of them noticing he was leaving, likely because they had each found their long lost crazy as hell twin. As far as Ethan was concerned Justin and Brian would have to fend for themselves, because he sure as hell wasn’t helping the guy who took from Ethan the one man he actually loved.

 

“No one understands, but Brian was doing what he needed to do before settling down with me. I knew he made a mistake with the blond shithead.” Michael announced.

 

“Justin made a mistake. He deserves someone who can navigate the society he came from, not some low life rockstar.” Collier told Michael.

 

“Brian could do better than some uppity spoiled artist.” Michael said, not listening to Collier anymore.

 

“Why did Justin marry him?” Collier asked, completely confused as to what Justin would even have to talk with Brian about. 

 

“Brian will come to his senses soon and will see I am the one he should be with and that he made a mistake.” Michael said, convinced that that’s all it was.

 

“It was a mistake. Even if Justin doesn’t come to me, he shouldn’t be with anyone else. Can’t you talk to Brian and get him to see he belongs with you?” Collier asked.

 

“He’s ignoring me. Probably because he’s listening to fucking Emmett and Ted right now. Can you believe they threw me out of the band? The band that I helped start. I couldn’t believe it when everyone acted like I deserved to be treated the way they are all treating me. But they’ll all wish they hadn’t when Brian comes to his senses.” Michael ranted.

 

“All I want is for Justin to see he could have done better. I made the mistake of letting my Angel around the grubby idiot who didn’t get that he should have worshipped Justin.” Collier told him.

 

“If I could make Brian jealous, he’d figure out that I deserved the life he made for himself, while I got stuck holding the towels and water.” Michael grumbled.

 

“Maybe it’s because I never made Justin see that he could lose me.” Collier decided.

 

“I thought you didn’t want Justin?” Michael questioned after hearing Collier talk like it didn’t matter to him.

 

“Of course I want him, but I want him to love me. Otherwise I want him to be happy with someone I could at least deal with.” Collier tells him.

 

Michael sat there confused, because unlike Collier, he didn’t want Brian to be with anyone but him. Of course, if there was someone else as famous who wanted Michael, than he would gladly let Brian do what he wanted. Only, the people who were just as famous acted like Michael didn’t exist or seemed annoyed when Michael would force Brian and Emmett to include him. Nobody seemed to realize that without Michael, Dark Angel wouldn’t have existed. Instead they were too busy acting like Michael was unimportant. Michael wanted to be the one everyone wanted, and there was a part of him that hated Brian for getting everything the former towel boy felt he deserved. Just once he wanted Brian to see what it was like to be invisible. 

 

“Brian takes me for granted.” Michael told Collier.

 

“Justin really shouldn’t have ignored me.” Collier told Michael.

 

“If only I could show him that losing me is what will happen if he doesn’t do something about this marriage.” Michael stated.

 

“Like what?” Collier asked, thinking about how to get his family to help him by loosening their hold on his money.

 

“Ted made it so I can’t even get near the band, and it’s not like I can get invited to any of the elite bullshit, you know.” Michael told him.

 

“Unless you know someone in their circles, you can’t.” Collier said, knowing no one would invite someone like Michael to events. 

 

“I doubt it would matter anyway, Brian wouldn’t go to that kind of shit.” Michael told him.

 

“He’s been to events with Justin’s family.” Collier pointed out.

 

“When?” Michael asked, not liking that it sounded more and more like Brian actually wanted Justin.

 

“Pretty much for the last year. But I thought he was with Molly, since he seemed to be really friendly with her. I didn’t know who he was at the time since he seemed to try to blend in with the family.” Collier told him, ignoring the fact that Justin was always with them.

 

“If only I could be there to remind Brian that he owes it to me to give me everything.” Michael hinted, forming an idea with Collier helping him.

 

*******************************************

 

Blake only saw Ted when he stepped off the jet. It had only been a week since he’d seen him, yet he could see how tired Ted was and wanted to do anything he could to help. Ted at first seemed to not know what to do when Blake ran to him, but opened his arms breathing Blake in when he slammed into him. Ben stood back, thrilled to watch Blake unwilling to hide his feelings for Ted. Ben walked over with Travis, who kissed Daphne like they’d been apart for years, and he started to think one night stands weren’t as fun as they used to be. Ben wanted to love one person, but for years he settled for just being wanted. Sean got of the jet, smiling at his brother and Daphne, but there was a bit of sadness behind the smile. He wanted the same thing, but so far hadn’t found it. Sean started towards the exit, only to be stopped by Ben.

 

“Would you have dinner with me sometime?” Ben asked.

 

“I’d love to say yes, but I’m not in the market for a booty call.” Sean told him, since Ben didn’t seem to do relationships.

 

“I guess I should have expected that, since it’s the only thing anyone wants from me.” Ben said, looking disappointed.

 

“Shit… I didn’t mean to judge you… it’s just... I want something like they have. For once I want to have someone see me as the center of the universe.” Sean told him.

 

“I can’t promise you that, and my life won’t be easy on anyone. It’s why relationships never happened for me. Because the other person would have to deal with the shit Justin and Brian are dealing with.” Ben told him.

 

“I can make dinner at my place. Only dinner.” Sean offered, suddenly hopeful.

 

Ted managed to get Blake to at least say hello to Daphne, since she helped get Blake here. Daphne managed not to act like an idiot, but only because she didn’t want to make Blake uncomfortable. 

 

“Daphne and Travis are getting married.” Ted told Blake.

 

“Congratulations, both of you.” Blake told them.

 

“Hopefully our families won’t have a coronary when they figure out the vacation is really the wedding.” Travis laughed.

 

“Okay, so I’m going to ask, because well, fangirl here. Could you sing at my wedding?” Daphne asked.

 

“We’ve been invited to see the island and attend the wedding.” Ted told Blake.

 

“We have? As in you and I together?” Blake asked.

 

“Ben can come too, but yes, I thought we could go officially as a couple.” Ted told him.

 

“What song do you want?” Blake asked, excited that Ted hadn’t changed his mind about them.

 

“Melting In Your Eyes.” Daphne told him.

 

“As long as you understand the song is about Ted, since I wrote it about him.” Blake told her, wanting Ted to realize how long Blake had wanted him.

 

“There’s barely one that wasn’t about Ted. I’m a little worried now that Blake might have to get new material, since he isn’t going to have unrequited love to write about.” Ben teased as he walked over.

 

“Now I’ll just get sappy.” Blake teased back.

 

*********************************************

 

Lindsay got in her car and drove around after Corey explained what Brian wanted. She was annoyed that everyone was still punishing her for telling her sister that Brian was Gus’s father. They didn’t get what it was like to constantly be treated like all your choices were an embarrassment to your family. It didn’t matter that she and Mel were actually doing very well, and that Lindsay’s relationship had lasted longer than all of Lynette’s marriages. No. All that mattered was Lynette wasn’t married to a Jewish lesbian and hadn’t had a child with someone the family felt was beneath them.

 

Lindsay wasn’t in the mood for her family, but didn’t want to deal with Mel, who agreed with Corey. They acted like Lindsay would lead the media straight to Brian’s house. Once again making it sound like Lindsay couldn’t be trusted anymore, even though nothing happened when she showed up at the house she almost hated because Brian was building a life without her. She knew she was wrong to feel that way, but Brian used to tell her everything. Now she was left out of the most important parts of his life, and felt like Justin replaced her, not only with Brian but with Gus too. Now Mel was saying they had to put their plans on hold again, like it didn’t matter what Lindsay wanted, just that right now Mel didn’t have the time to have a baby with her.

 

“Are you planning on coming in? I don’t have all day and need to make sure you help make my day special.” Lynette complained as Lindsay stood the doorway.

 

“At least this time she can help, instead of treating your wedding as if it was about her.” Brandy, Lynette’s best friend, sniped.

 

“Lindsay come in. I need to speak to you about… your new connections.” Nancy told her, dragging her in the door.

 

“At least this time we can actually say you know someone worth knowing.” Lynette told Lindsay.

 

“Too bad it’ll just remind everyone of Lindsay’s connections to the wrong people.” Brandy snickered.

 

“Which none of you will do, since apparently the Rodgers-Taylor family approves of the match. We don’t want to have them saying our family has a problem with it.” Nancy said, looking unhappy with Brandy.

 

“Of course Mother, but do we really have to include Lindsay’s… family?” Lynette asked, never really liking Mel, who didn’t have a problem putting Lynette in her place.

 

“What?” Lindsay asked, confused.

 

“For the first time your connections are actually something the family can be proud of Lindsay.” Nancy told her.

 

“What connections?” Lindsay asked, lost.

 

“Justin Taylor and his family, Lindsay. Lynette’s wedding would be the most talked about wedding of the year if his family attended. And it will be your job to make sure it happens.” Nancy told her.

 

“While we have to pretend we approve of your lifestyle.” Lynette said, not sounding happy about it.

 

“You will show your sister some respect, since she will be opening doors we couldn’t have gotten into. Which means we’ll need to have a few dinners to show we support Lindsay and Mel and the child.” Nancy told them, for once looking proud of Lindsay.

 

“I don’t know if they’ll agree to attend, with all the news about Brian lately.” Lindsay told her.

 

“Then you need to make sure they don’t have a choice. Since you have the man’s child, you can use him to make Brian and Justin help your sister and this family.” Nancy told her, as if Lindsay was an idiot for not thinking of it herself.

 

“Brian has rights to Gus, and Mel isn’t going to agree to what your asking.” Lindsay said weakly, when her mother glared at her.

 

“Mel will be happy when she finds out she’ll be offered a chance with a bigger firm, and you’ll be welcome to all the events because now she’ll be acceptable in our circles. It doesn’t mean we want you two to flaunt yourselves, but for once you’ll be part of the life we planned for you. Understand that that means acceptance for your son too, since we’ll be making sure to include the child you share with Justin Taylor.” Nancy told her.

 

“Mother, Brian doesn’t want Gus exposed in that way.” Lindsay told her.

 

“I could care less what Gus’s father wants! He isn’t important. What’s important is that you make sure to help get us included in the circles that come with Justin Taylor. I can’t believe you kept it from us that you knew him.” Nancy told her.

 

“Too bad Justin wasn’t the father instead.” Lynette told Nancy.

 

“Well at least Lindsay can now make up to us for the bad choice she made.” Nancy stated.

 

“Actually I doubt I could convince them to help you, Lynette, or anyone else you want to impress since you alienated Brian the day you treated Gus as if he wasn’t good enough for you!” Lindsay told her, getting up to leave after almost letting them convince her to help.

 

“He’ll understand once the interview we gave yesterday comes out.” Nancy told her.

 

“You didn’t! They didn’t want anyone talking to the press.” Lindsay told her.

 

“It was done to make sure Brian can’t deny we’re connected through your child. I made sure it sounded like we were only protecting Gus, and that we felt bad for your lack of discretion.” Nancy told her.

 

“I didn’t tell anyone but the family, if you remember. Lynette was the one who blew it up.” Lindsay told her.

 

“Actually, as far as the press is concerned, you were the one who was careless, while Lynette was only excited to be an aunt.” Nancy told her.

 

“Which reminds me... I’ll need you to have Gus over for the pictures the reporter wanted.” Lynette told her.

 

Lindsay started walking away as her mother and sister made plans as if nothing mattered but what they wanted. It didn’t matter that Gus’s birth became something else Lindsay had done wrong; nothing mattered as long as they could get something from claiming a connection through Gus. Lindsay might not have always made the best decisions when it came to Gus, but she wasn’t going to let him deal with the family that hadn’t bothered with him, except to deny him. Lindsay was almost to the front door when her mother caught up to her.

 

“You will help or Mel will find out about your little fling. Yes. I know all about why Sam Auerbach agreed to show at Bloom.” Nancy said, smirking when Lindsay turned white because she realized that her mother knew about her mistake.