- Text Size +

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

Justin stood backstage during a weekend concert with his three-year-old daughters Kelsey and Ariel as Brian was singing one of his top hits of the year. Drew was holding his beast of a son, Logan, while Ted was having his hair pulled by Megan, his and Blake's one-year-old. They all looked forward to later this year when Ben, Sean, Mel, and Lindsay were going to be adding to the chaos. Ben and Sean both liked their freedom. Not wanting to be full-time fathers, they saw sharing a child with the girls as the way they wanted to go. Justin smiled as Lindsay fawned all over a pregnant Mel. They came to help wrangle the children to one of the rooms set aside for the kids after the concert. Which is where all the grandparents were waiting, joking that they were too old to shake their groove thing with the rest of the guys.

 

Nell sat on stage next to Emmett as he played. Emmett told everyone Nell was the band's lucky charm since every song she liked ended up hitting the top of the charts. She became their muse, according to reporters and fans. The rest of them were just glad she was there to keep the kids from running amok and their headphones in place, since the final song was always the one the kids were allowed to go be with their dads.  Nell was one of the people all of the children listened to no matter how excited they got.

 

Even though three years had passed, Brian still had moments where unless he could see Justin, it brought back memories of the day he disappeared. It didn't matter that Collier was serving a thirty-year sentence for the combined stalking and kidnapping of Justin. The event still haunted Brian to the point where Justin finally gave in and attended every show, always standing in Brian's line of sight. Michael got twenty years, his sentence also included absolutely no contact with his former band or anyone associated with the band, with the exception of Deb. Brian wasn't willing to make Deb feel like she had to choose between her son and him. Deb visited Michael in prison but only because he was her son even though she didn't like the things he'd done. Deb told Brian that Michael made his choice when he betrayed the family, and her visits were only to make sure he didn't cross any lines laid out in his sentencing.

 

When the final song was about to start, everyone laughed as Logan ran as fast as his two-year-old legs could go, attaching himself to his father's leg as Emmett then walked carefully to stand with Brian. Brian and Blake waited for the chairs to be brought out so they could sit with their children on their laps. The fans went wild when the girls ran to Brian, as Ted carried Megan to her father. They loved watching as the band serenaded the kids. The fans also respected the bands' request not to film the kids, and always put their phones away without comment. The band was allowing their fans into their personal lives and it made the fans feel like they were more a part of the band because this was one part of the shows that was never filmed for the general public.

 

Brian and Justin made a deal with reporters in Pittsburgh; if the reporters respected Brian's off time with the kids and Justin than Brian would give them interviews when the band had news. Only two reporters were discluded from anything to do with any bands that Ted promoted and the NFL for his attacks on Emmett and Drew. Howard's career was in the toilet but it didn't stop him from trying. Brandon was on the no interview list just because Brian didn't like him. 

 

Kip ended up only getting fifteen years, but with no chance at parole when Vance testified against him. Vance was still in the music business but his label only managed to get the bands no other label would sign. Ted was the guy they all wanted since he didn't rape his clients when signing them. Ted also wouldn't sign someone on unless he saw the potential for long term careers in the industry. He left the one-hit wonders and the ones who couldn't carry a tune to people like Vance. 

 

Brian was contemplating taking a step back from the stage. He still loved to sing but enjoyed days on the island with his kids even more. Emmett agreed they would scale back since he and Drew wanted to have more children and wanted to give them as normal an upbringing as they could when all the fathers were famous.

 

Justin wiped the tears from his eyes as Brian and Blake started singing the song they wrote together about their children, ‘For the love of you'. It was their way of telling the world how each child showed them love grew with each one the group welcomed into the family. Justin always loved the part where Gus would go to Nell, playing the guitar then rounding up the kids as they all walked off stage together. Justin waited until the kids were taken to their grandparents before giving the fans one last thing they waited for, screaming as Brian bent Justin over, kissing the hell out of him and thereby declaring to the world that Justin was Brian's heart and soul.

 

 

 



The End.
starlight is the author of 43 other stories.
This story is a favorite of 29 members. Members who liked My Heart and Soul also liked 914 other stories.