- Text Size +

Ted stood backstage with Justin and Drew, as the guys were taking the stage. Drew's family stayed with Justin's parents to help with the after show charity auction. They wanted to raise funds for the shelter that would help kids whose parents left them homeless, all because of who they loved. All the guys donated items to help raise money and took it one step further by getting their famous friends to donate items also. Justin's agent even got involved, and not just because Justin was her client. She'd forgiven Justin for keeping his secret and agreed with him about not wanting to use his marriage to lift his career. Justin wasn't an idiot, he knew being married to Brian was getting him more attention, but he wasn't going to use it the way others would. Call it arrogance, but Justin knew that even if someone searched out his work because of his connection to Brian, their continued interest would be because they found something they liked about his work. In the end, being an artist was second in Justin's world to being Brian's husband.

 

Justin stood there behind the stage in awe of what it took to get this show done. It was the first time Justin had seen what it took to get these shows off the ground. Brian didn't just appear on stage and sing his heart out, instead, he spent hours doing sound checks and going over songs he'd sung hundreds of times, still trying to perfect something that was already perfect. It reminded Justin of working on his paintings, where he'd finish and then find something was still not right.  It seemed strange, but in a way, he was still learning new things about the man he loved. This was a part of Brian's life that Justin hadn't shared. It wasn't because Justin wasn't interested, but to protect the privacy they wanted for their relationship. Ted was trying to keep people from bothering Justin, including the reporters standing around wanting to report what they kept referring to as a historical moment. 

 

Instead of the two bands doing separate sets, they decided to get out there and do the whole concert together. Emmett and Ben were warming up together, playing different rifts to entertain the masses. Justin had heard Blake and Brian working on combining their songs, and while Blake's voice was softer, it blended with Brian's harder vocals. In the end, Justin knew the crowd out there was going to go wild at being here with two of their favorite bands. 

 

"I need to go deal with some last minute things," Ted said, getting Justin's attention.

 

"We'll be fine," Justin told him, watching Brian.

 

"Just stay here, and if any of the reporters get intrusive just let Cynthia know and she'll make them back off," Ted said as his name was called.

 

"We can handle it." Drew told him, as Ted stood there, not sure what to do but nodding as he ran off to make sure everything was perfect tonight.

 

Justin saw Corey walking up and tensed. He wanted this to be over, and for him and Brian's life to be normal, or as normal as it could be. It was just hard on him to know they were allowing assholes into their sanctuary. Justin also knew Corey hated that he was standing guard when he wanted to be the one fixing everything for him and Brian. Corey stopped to answer his phone then looked unhappy about what he was hearing but hung up and headed toward Justin and Drew.

 

Justin didn't even let Corey say anything before jumping in to ask his question. "Is it over?"

 

Corey was silent for a second, hating that the news wasn't going to be exactly what Justin wanted to hear. "Michael and Howard Bellwether were caught breaking into the house. They're being detained at the house until the police arrive." 

 

"Bellwether?" Justin asked, confused at the asshole being involved.

 

"He's trying to say he was just doing his job and that Michael told him he had permission to be there. Which we both know is bullshit, but he's still trying to sell it. It might have worked except we have him on video picking the lock on the door and yelling at Michael for not making Lindsay get them a key." Corey told him.

 

"What now?" Justin asked.

 

"I'm waiting for someone to get here to watch over you, then I'm going to go make sure Bellwether shares a cell next to Michael's. I need to know why Collier wasn't there and where he is, which is bothering me more." Corey told him.

 

"Then go, Drew can sack anyone who tries to get near me," Justin told him.

 

"I'd just feel better if one of my guys were here. Something is off about all this," Corey told him, hating that everything wasn't wrapped up the way they thought it would be.

 

"I can go stay in Brian's dressing room until your guy gets here if that would help," Justin told him.

 

"I'll go with him," Drew told Corey, wishing he could be alone in a room with Bellwether instead.

 

Corey had a moment of indecision before walking over to where Brian was standing talking to Blake. Brian listened before looking over to Justin and Drew and nodding at Corey. Then Brian walked over to Justin.

 

"I'll walk you to the dressing room," Brian told Justin.

 

"We'll be fine, and you don't have the time." Justin pointed out as Blake walked out onto the stage.

 

"Nothing matters to me but you," Brian told him, kissing him.

 

"I know that. We'll be fine. We're only going to your dressing room and I won't come out until Corey's guy shows up. The last thing we need is a riot because they're waiting for you to rock the house." Justin told him, walking away with Drew.

 

Brian closed his eyes, listening to the screaming fans waiting and opened them to the one man who meant more to him than anything in the world. It made him want to say fuck it and go be with Justin. Justin also knew that when Brian turned to the stage it didn't mean that he was less important to the man. Brian smiled at the people screaming, wanting what they came for. Brian walked up to the mike, then asked for silence.

 

"We plan to give you the concert you're screaming for, but I wanted to thank each one of you for helping to support the charity this concert is for and let everyone know we appreciate the unwavering support of all of our real fans. Without you, we wouldn't be able to do what we love." Brian said, looking around and seeing a sign that made his night. "Thank you for loving the man who is my whole world," Brian said to the woman holding up a sign that said she hearted Justin and Brian, while around them he heard people cheering. Brian focused on his love for Justin and began belting out the songs the crowd wanted.

 

Justin was wandering around the dressing room as Drew took a call outside the room. When the door opened, he saw Drew look at him as the guy was standing there nervously, waiting to be let in with the tray of stuff to restock the room. Justin nodded since the guy looked like he'd rather be anywhere but there, dealing with them.

 

"Sorry, I didn't know anyone would be here." The guy said as he started putting away drinks and cleaning around the room.

 

The guy kept looking at Justin like he was trying to figure out who he was. "Sorry, but you look familiar for some reason." He said waiting for what Justin didn't know. "Oh wait, you're Justin Taylor the artist, right?" The guy asked, coming closer to him. "I'm a big fan."

 

Justin took a step back, not liking the way the guy was acting, which he stopped when Drew came in looking rather menacingly at the guy. 

 

"Is there a problem?" Drew growled.

 

"No. As I said, I'm sorry. I must seem like a total asshole, it's just it was a surprise to see Justin Taylor here." The guy said, walking out of the room.

 

"That was weird," Justin said, not sure of what to make of the guy.

 

"Fans are." Drew told him, grabbing a bottle of water from the stuff the guy left.

 

"I don't have fans like that," Justin told him, relaxing and grabbing some water too.

 

"It's the same in football as it is for Emmett and Brian." Drew told him.

 

"It's hard to get used to, most people don't recognize me outside of shows. It's why I was fine with keeping our marriage and relationship out of it. It was nice to be able to do things without flashes going off or people asking questions about things they had no business knowing. Brian liked that part about us."

 

"I wish for the same thing, but our careers were in the spotlight more than yours. It would have been easier to find someone else, but they wouldn't be Emmett." Drew told him, yawning.

 

"You could have stayed in the closet and continued the way you were, but you didn't." Justin

commented.

 

"No, I couldn't. Emmett's the best thing about me." Drew said simply. 

 

"Loving Brian is worth everything to me too," Justin told him, feeling weird. 

 

He looked over at Drew, who suddenly slumped over, and then before Justin could do anything, the room started spinning. Then there was nothing but blackness.

 

Two hours later, Brian finished the final song, then looked over at Ted who ran out to the stage and grabbed Brian, dragging him off the stage to boos and the crowd screaming for more.

 

"Ted?" Blake said, running after them.

 

Ted stopped once they were off the stage and away from other people. "We can't find Justin." 

 

"WHAT DO YOU MEAN? HE'S SUPPOSED TO BE WAITING IN MY DRESSING ROOM WITH FUCKING GUARDS!" Brian yelled.

 

"Collin showed up to guard him, only to find Justin gone. Corey got his team here right away, but so far all they know is someone drugged Drew and that Justin wasn't there when they found Drew, who is still out." Ted said, only to find out Emmett was standing behind him.

 

"Where is Drew now?" Emmett asked, trying to be calm.

 

"They took him to the hospital, just as a precaution. All his vitals were fine. Corey made sure they collected the water that was opened to test it and all of the other items that were in the room. Right now we're worried about Justin." Ted told him, wanting to reassure them both.

 

"Does Corey know anything?" Blake asked.

 

"Yes, does Corey know anything, other than he shouldn't have left Justin alone?" Brian said sarcastically, feeling guilty that he had done the same thing to go sing, while Justin was who the fuck knew where.

 

Corey walked over, willing to take anything from Brian, knowing he was right. He'd wanted to help by dealing with Michael, but he left his charge alone. Nothing could excuse that.

 

"I talked to the manager of the arena, and we've searched every inch of this place. We did find out that someone showed up to the room to restock it, but that the manager had no idea who it was. They don't allow anyone into the dressing rooms during the concerts, for various reasons." Corey told them.

 

"We hire our own people normally, it's so we know who we're dealing with," Ted commented.

 

"Which Justin or Drew wouldn't know." Corey pointed out. "Apparently the guy went into the room, stocked it, then left. A stagehand said he saw the guy leaving but everything seemed okay and he went back to work." 

 

"Did he recognize the guy?" Brian asked as calmly as he could.

 

"He said the guy looked familiar but he couldn't place him. He gave us a description, but it's not Collier, because I showed him the picture." Corey told him.

 

"What did you find out from Michael?" Ted asked.

 

"He refuses to talk to anyone but a lawyer and is trying to blame it on Lindsay. Bellwether is still insisting that he didn't know that Michael didn't have permission to be there." Corey told them.

 

"I don't give a fuck about Michael," Brian growled.

 

"We'll find him, Brian," Ted said, hoping to reassure him.

 

"We shouldn't have to... if you'd... fuck." Brian said, hitting the wall next to him.

 

"Um, hey I finally remembered the guy." Russ, one of there stagehands said nervously as all eyes turned to him. "I don't know his name but he was always around the guy from the record label."

 

"Vance?" Ted asked.

 

"Yeah him. I think he was like the guy's son or something. I found out from one of the other guys that he paid one of the arena attendants to let him in." Russ said, looking as if he was at fault.

 

"Did you do something?" Corey asked him.

 

"No. But I should have stopped him since he shouldn't have been in that area." Russ told them.

 

Ted was looking down at his phone before he walked over to the guy and showed him a picture.

 

"Was this him?" Showing him a picture of Kip Thomas from Vance's company website.

 

"Yeah," Russ told them, nodding.

 

*****************************************

 

Justin heard voices, but he was still groggy and wondering where he was. He looked around and it looked like an unused office. He looked up at two guys standing there with their backs to him, recognizing Gardner Vance, but not the other guy. He tried to get up, only to realize he was tied to a chair, and they were too busy arguing to notice he was awake.

 

"Are you fucking kidding me, Kip? You kidnapped someone, you idiot." Gardner said, sounding extremely pissed.

 

"I thought if we could get Brian here, we could get him to resign with Vanguard. I wanted to fix everything you said was my fault. Plus, Collier agreed to make sure Justin vanished, so no one would know we were involved." Kip whined.

 

"Instead you got us into a bigger mess, one that I won't be a part of," Gardner said, turning to see that Justin was awake. "Look, I didn't have a clue about this." He said to Justin nervously, going over to untie him. "I'm going to get you out of here and go with you to make sure Brian knows I didn't have anything to do with the bullshit my idiot nephew did."

 

"You can't. I'll get in trouble." Kip said, looking panicked.

 

"For once I don't give a shit, I'm done coddling you," Gardner said, trying to undo the knots.

 

Justin would have warned Vance but with the gag, he could only mumble as Gardner kept assuring him they'd get out of there. Kip stood there just watching as Collier hit Vance in the head with a bat. Vance slumped over and fell to the floor. Collier smiled at Justin, then turned and hit Kip who was still just staring at his uncle on the floor.

 

"Now we need to go, we have places to be," Collier said, sounding as if nothing was wrong. "I'm sorry it took me so long to find a way for us to finally be together." He said, kissing the gag before pulling Justin out of the chair and putting the blond over his shoulder. He walked out of the room, which was when Justin realized he was in some unused part of a building. "Feel free to scream, no one's here." Collier laughed, as he walked out of the building and put Justin into the backseat of a car sitting right outside the door in the back of the building.