- Text Size +
Author's Chapter Notes:

I finished chapter four and since I didn't want to keep a fangirl waiting here's chapter three. Thanks for all the comments so far and also for always keeping my muse alive for reading the things I come up with.

 

Star

 

 

Blake watched as Ted paced, talking on the phone. He wanted to kill whoever exploded Brian's life and made it so he and Ted couldn't spend time together. Granted, Ted thought he was only coming because they needed him to deal with their band, and had figured out everything was running smoothly without him. Ted seemed confused at why Blake insisted he come, instead of taking the time off he had planned before Blake called. Blake had hoped Ted would figure out why he wanted him here, because he was tired of acting like he only wanted to be friends with Ted.

 

"Are you sure he was a reporter?" Ted asked Deb when she explained why she'd called ten times in a row.

 

Ted tried to ignore the phone calls when Blake insisted he needed to talk with him. But Ted finally answered, hoping he wasn't going to have to put out more fires. Then wishing he could put a pillow over Michael's head and smother him, after he killed Emmett for not telling him his little secret. He hated that he was going to have put off whatever Blake seemed to want to talk about, but right now he needed to deal with what was going to explode, not just in Brian's life but in Emmett's.

 

Ted felt horrible since Blake's band was just as important to him, but everything here was under control. "I have to go back and help them, can this wait?" Ted asked, stressed out.

 

"I guess... No, it can't." Blake decided.

 

"Cynthia can do anything you need, and I'll try to get back soon so you can tell me whatever it is," Ted told him, trying not make Blake feel like he wasn't important to Ted too.

 

"She can't handle this or give me what I need, only you can," Blake told him, not sure why he was so nervous. It was Ted, the one who did everything to help Blake.

 

"Once I deal with this we can sit and I'll make it all better," Ted said, sitting down next to Blake, starting to worry about him.

 

Blake knew Ted didn't need even more stress on top of everything else he had overheard as Ted paced, listening to Deb. Blake knew he should just let Ted go, and wait until everything was dealt with. Only, Blake was tired of waiting for it to be the right time to tell Ted that he wanted more than to be one of Ted's clients.

 

"Okay, but just one thing before you go," Blake told him, leaning over and kissing the lips he wrote songs about.

 

Ted pulled back, not wanting to, but not sure where that came from. It wasn't that he wasn't attracted to Blake. He just didn't think Blake saw him as anyone but reliable Ted.

 

"I want you to think about that, and know if you need me I'll drop everything to help you," Blake told him, as Ted struggled to let go of the idea Blake wanted him, instead of just being concerned for him.

 

"Thank you for trying to help," Ted told him, getting up before he did something to make a bigger ass out of himself, for thinking Blake was doing anything but trying to comfort Ted while he was dealing with all the other shit.

 

"I was trying to show you that I love you. If it's not what you want, I'll back off." Blake tells him.

 

"Why... when?" Ted asked, shocked.

 

"Pretty much from the day we signed, but you never acted like you were interested," Blake said looking down at his hands.

 

Ted raised Blake's face to look at him. "I want to stay and show you that you were wrong," Ted told him.

 

"But?" Blake asked.

 

"No buts. I want to, it's just that Brian and Emmett's lives are going to be a nightmare. I don't want them to deal with it when I can do it for them. When your tour finishes next week, come to me, because I'll need you too." Ted told him, kissing him as Ben came in, smiling that Blake finally told Ted.

 

"I can leave if you need me to," Ben told them.

 

"Is there anything we can do?" Blake asked Ted.

 

"No. Hopefully no one believed Michael about Emmett, but you guys know what reporters are like," Ted told them.

 

"Does anyone know who did this to Brian?" Ben asked, worried since they shared the same staff.

 

"I have Cynthia looking into it when you two don't need her. Hell, I didn't even know about it until after it came out." Ted told them.

 

"Did you?" Blake asked Ben.

 

"No. I mean I've seen them at a few things together, but didn't realize they even knew each other. I thought Justin got married, but only because I saw he was wearing a ring, then he took it off as if he had forgotten to, during a party I was at. Brian, other than not wanting to go out partying lately, disappeared without explanation, which he didn't owe any of us." Ben told them.

 

"I didn't notice since I cleaned up my act and stayed away from everything. It wasn't like I was close to either of them." Blake told them.

 

"They both understood and are glad you did it," Ted told him.

 

"We could cancel the next three concerts if Brian and Emmett need us." Blake offered.

 

"I'm hoping we can keep a lid on Emmett for now. Brian's marriage might have them looking for information, but Emmett's boyfriend will turn this into a bigger circus." Ted told them.

 

"Emmett's actually in a relationship?" Ben said, barely believing it.

 

"It's who Emmett's in a relationship with that's the problem." Blake told Ben.

 

"Well, unless it's a married politician, or someone else famous... Oh." Ben said, getting it when Ted nodded.

 

"In a sport where no one wants to believe a gay man is one of the best quarterbacks in the NFL." Ted told them, knowing neither of them would say a word.

 

"If Emmett wants, I'll help him by dispelling the rumors. We didn't work out, but it would be believable." Ben offered.

 

"I'll let him know your willing to help. I have to get to the airport." Ted told them.

 

"Call me, even if you just need to vent." Blake told him, pulling him into one last kiss.

 

"I'll call just because, and you finish your tour." Ted told them, walking out.

 

"God this sucks," Blake told Ben.

 

"We could see if we could at least help figure out who leaked all this." Ben told him.

 

"Michael leaked the Emmett thing, for spite." Blake told him.

 

"He blames Emmett for being kicked out of the band," Ben commented.

 

"And you know this how?" Blake asked, praying Ben hadn't fallen for the little asshole.

 

"We fucked, nothing more. But he seemed to think it meant telling me all his sad ‘woe is me' stories about how horribly everyone treated him. That was all it took for me to decide not to make that mistake again." Ben assured him.

 

"Did Brian know about it?" Blake asked.

 

"I didn't see any reason to bring it up since I wasn't poaching. Brian wasn't interested in Michael." Ben told him.

 

"Michael seems to want to believe he was," Blake told him.

 

"Michael would drop Brian if he found someone else that would get him the attention Emmett and Brian have. It's why I didn't want more from him." Ben told him.

 

Michael showed up at Lindsay and Mel's gated community, hoping that Brian was there. He wanted Brian to explain to him how he planned to get rid of the fucking husband he never told Michael about. It didn't matter how much Ted tried to make it sound like Brian was happy, Michael wouldn't believe it. He got to the gatehouse that blocked the entrance to the houses behind it, only to be stopped by the security guy, Kyle.

 

"I'm sorry Mr Novotny, you've been taken off the list of visitors allowed in." Kyle told him.

 

"Call them again. It's a mistake, I'm always welcome." Michael told him.

 

Kyle didn't argue but placed the call, and handed Michael the phone when Lindsay asked him to.

 

"Ms Peterson would like to talk to you." He told Michael, who smirked at Kyle as if he'd won.

 

"I told him he was wrong, so how about I just come in and we can talk?" Michael asked Lindsay.

 

"Actually he was right Michael. I don't want you in my house or around my son. I'm only talking to you to relay a message from Mel and Ted that they need to see you at Mel's office tomorrow morning at ten." Lindsay told him, holding back everything else she wanted to say.

 

"They can wait until you tell me where to find Brian," Michael demands.

 

"That I can tell you. Hopefully staying as far the fuck away from you as he can get, that's where." Lindsay said, hanging up.

 

"Have a nice day," Kyle told him, taking the phone and shutting the door.

 

Michael left, pissed that she thought she could talk to him that way. He was also angry he was now going to have to spend money on a hotel until his mother cooled off. Then he remembered he did have a place he could go, and where he could wait for Brian to show up. Michael ended up having to park a block away with all the people wandering around and smiled as he tried to use his key to get into the building, losing his balance when someone opened the door after he couldn't get his key to work. Only to end up on his ass, being trampled as people shoved him out of the way to try to get to Brian's loft. Only to end up at the police station with all the others he'd been fighting with, trying to get into the loft. He'd called Deb to come and bail him out, but she told him Ted planned to show up instead. Michael let the cop know that the manager of Brian's band would be here to prove he wasn't trespassing like the other assholes. A couple of hours later Michael was still sitting with everyone else while Ted was given the go-ahead by Brian and Emmett to do what he was going to do either way.