- Text Size +

 

Brian sat at his desk, not sure what to do with his day since everything was going smoothly. Without Michael constantly calling, barging in, or demanding attention, it left Brian with time to get things done. Instead of having to stay later because of dealing with Michael, he was able to get everything done and be home at a normal hour. At first Brian didn’t notice the change since he’d been off and the work waiting at the office left him running to catch up. Then when everything was done, Brian was scouting out new accounts. So he didn’t notice that Michael had been MIA for a couple of weeks after the dinner at Deb’s. It took Cynthia asking what finally got through to Michael that Kinnetik wasn’t a place for social hour.

 

“What?” Brian asked, realizing he hadn’t seen or heard from Michael.

 

“It’s just, in the last two weeks I haven’t had to explain to your ‘best friend’ you couldn’t do whatever he wanted you to. So what did you finally say that got him to stop phoning ten times a day?” Cynthia asked.

 

“That you were on the verge of kicking his ass.” Brian told her, before leaving for the night.

 

With nothing pressing, Brian packed up and decided to see if Justin wanted to go to lunch. Justin had joked that Brian was too much of distraction when he showed up at Jaybird. Apparently Brian caused excitement among the IT boys the way Daphne did. Brian smirked as he walked towards Justin’s office and heads poked out as he walked by. He found Justin sitting at his desk looking at his computer, not even noticing Brian standing at his office door. Brian finally walked over to see what had Justin completely oblivious to everything around him. 

 

“What do you think?” Justin asked, as he smelled Brian’s cologne.

 

“Tell me what it is first?” Brian asked, as he saw what looked like rooms.

 

“My mother sent me a file with all the houses she found, so far I like this one best.” Justin told him.

 

“I forgot she was looking for you.” Brian said, trying to sound as if he was happy about it.

 

Justin wasn’t sure why Brian sounded upset. It wasn’t like they hadn’t talked about the house.

 

“I told her to worry about Molly first, so it took her longer to send me listing that fit what we discussed with her. I wanted to look around where Mel and Lindsay lived first since it would be closer to Gus. She found a few, so we can look, but I really like this one and was planning on calling to see if you wanted to do a walk through.” Justin told him, then wondering if he was making assumptions about what Brian wanted. “Unless you didn’t plan on us still living together, which is fine if you don’t want to...”

 

“Let’s go see the house.” Brian told him, letting go of the idea that Justin wasn’t thinking about both of them.

 

 “If you don’t like it, Mom has a bunch of other listings we can look at.” Justin told him, grabbing his messenger bag and putting his laptop in it.

 

“What made that house you like the one you like?” Brian asked.

 

“The previous owners bought up all the land surrounding it, and only added a tennis court. They left the rest alone which would make it easy to add what we wanted to the grounds, like a playground for Gus, or a pool.” Justin told him.

 

“How far is it away from here?” Brian asked.

 

“Just twenty minutes. If we don’t like it, there’s a few in Mel and Lindsay’s area we can look at too.” Justin said, not sounding as excited about the others.

 

Brian drove to the house Justin really wanted, liking the distance from the other houses. Looking at the house he could see he and Justin growing old here surrounded by their family. Brian wasn’t even sure where that thought came from, but it didn’t make him want to run. Instead he followed Justin into the house, liking everything from the huge kitchen to the enclosed sunroom in the back. The six bedrooms were all upstairs with the master taking up the back of the house with a balcony. Justin was looking around in the master bathroom, while Brian wandered outside to see the back of the property. It was everything Brian used to dream about before he let it go. It wasn’t like Brian didn’t once dream of sharing his life, but until he met Justin he didn’t see the point in something that seemed unlikely to happen to him.

 

It’s why he kept the loft, because he never saw a reason he’d need more when he didn’t think he could fall in love. Brian might have said he didn’t believe in love but it was more that he didn’t believe he would ever find someone who was worth loving or who saw him as someone worth loving. He’d lived his life the way he had because it made it so he wouldn’t have to think about the things that were really missing from it. It didn’t matter what anyone thought, because for him it was better not to care after dealing with the life he lived with his family. He didn’t do regrets or excuses because all his life that’s all he heard from his parents. In a way he let them rule his life. Meeting Justin gave him a reason to break free of the lessons he let rule him. 

 

It was like Michael. For years Brian believed he needed Michael in his life, but the last two weeks told a different story. He hadn’t even noticed Michael was missing, or even thought to pick up the phone and listen to whatever he thought was important. He’d been busy living his life with Justin. He didn’t need Michael to fill in the empty parts anymore because Justin was filling them. Justin, who accepted everyone in Brian’s world and carved out a place without needing Brian to do anything but be there with him. 

 

“What do you think?” Justin asked, putting his arms around Brian.

 

“I think we don’t need to look anywhere else, we’ve found our home.” Brian told him, walking them back into the empty bedroom. 

 

He looked around, imagining what it would look like once they were finished. Then looking at Justin who smiled up at him. It was perfect and Brian wanted to make it more than perfect.

 

“I love you.” Brian said, looking into the blue eyes that captivated him.

 

“I know, and I love you, too.” Justin told him.

 

Brian walked over to Justin, needing to feel him. Justin didn’t waste any time helping them both to undress. Making love to Justin never got boring or tedious as Brian once thought would happen if he was with only one person. Instead, each time was like the first time for them. Brian loved that Justin was willing to try anything. And each time, Brian thought it couldn’t get any better. It wasn’t a race to finish or a competition when they were together. Instead, it was the connection they shared together. Brian knew Justin was different because he wanted to see the blond next to him each morning. He’d always thought people were crazy when they said they just knew the other person was the one they wanted to spend their lives with. Only Brian knew for him Justin was it, and he’d do everything in his power to make sure they worked.

 

Justin reached into his messenger bag and grabbed the lube and condoms, making Brian laugh that Justin came prepared. Brian took the lube spreading it out on his fingers, then spreading Justin’s ass while using his fingers to open him up. Justin closed his eyes as Brian breached him, wanting Brian’s dick, not his fingers. Only, Justin knew Brian wouldn’t do anything until he knew he was ready for him. It didn’t matter how much Justin begged, Brian wanted pleasure in Justin’s eyes, not pain. 

 

Even with all the preparation, Justin was prepared for the burn of Brian’s entry. Justin didn’t mind because he knew the burn would turn into what they both wanted. Brian’s breath caught as he bottomed out in Justin. Justin rocked up to meet Brian as he pulled out and pushed back in. The pleasure of being filled made Justin moan as Brian covered his mouth with a kiss. Brian stroked Justin when he knew he couldn’t last any longer, and as Justin came between them Brian moved faster, as he felt the tingle up and down his spine, knowing it wasn’t going to be denied any longer. Brian reared up on his knees taking Justin with him; he grabbed Justin’s waist and held on as he surged in and out of the blond then he slammed in to the root before pulling out and slamming in again. 

 

“I’ve been waiting for you my whole life.” Brian said as he stared, shuddering his release.

 

They laid on the floor, entangled in each other, in no hurry to move. Justin held on to Brian as neither man seemed to want to let go of the other. Justin didn’t see the need to question how fast they fell in love. He would just be happy he’d found the man he wanted to be with the rest of his life. Brian’s phone rang as they both started breathing normally again. Brian answered, since he planned to call Emmett anyway.

 

********************************************************************************************

 

Ted shrugged at Blake when he honestly didn’t know what to think of Emmett not talking. It was really unheard of, so he sat next to Emmett, waiting for his best friend to tell him what had him mute. Brandon walked over to sit with them at the booth as Deb looked worried at Emmett’s very silent form.

 

“He was fine until he got off the phone.” Deb told them.

 

“You think I should call Brian?” Brandon asked.

 

“Emmett, come on, whatever it is can’t be that bad.” Ted said, hoping to get Emmett to say something.

 

“He wants to marry me. No getting to know each other. Just get married and live in the big house he bought for us. So I called the voice of reason, only he didn’t do what he should have.” Emmett babbled.

 

“If you don’t want what Drew wants, then tell him no.” Blake told him.

 

“Do you want to say no?” Brandon asked when Emmett looked at Blake like he was crazy.

 

“I want to say yes, but only crazy people would do something like that. I mean, look at you and Blake, you aren’t jumping into this, and everyone can see how crazy you two are about each other. I mean you both seem to think living apart and getting to know each other will lead to a better relationship. None of us are like Brian, jumping in with both feet. Then again, Brian was never really normal compared to the rest of us. Granted, Brian and Justin just fit, so maybe we’re the idiots for wanting to take it slow.” Emmett answered.

 

“I hope when I fall for someone, I’ll follow in Brian’s footsteps. He goes for what he wants because he doesn’t let what could be get in the way.” Brandon told him.

 

“Yet you let Michael get in the way, instead of asking Ben out.” Ted pointed out.

 

“Who said I was interested in Ben?” Brandon questioned.

 

“No one. But you couldn’t take your eyes off him. Which, trust me, I get, he’s definitely worth looking at.” Blake told him, snickering when Ted glared at him.

 

“Okay, can everyone pay attention to me. I’m about to agree to Drew’s crazy idea.” Emmett told them.

 

“Then why were you sitting here mute?” Ted asked.

 

“Because Brian told me he’d throw the wedding if I helped decorate his and Justin’s soon-to-be new house. Then told me that if I love Drew then what was the point in taking it slow if it’s right. So excuse me if I’m in a little shock here, after hearing Mr ‘I don’t do commitment’ tell me to commit.” Emmett told them.