- Text Size +

Brandon decided it was time to brave the wrath of Molly and Daphne, since Jen left a message at the precinct that he needed to call her. He decided to call and talk to Brian first, since he planned to smooth the way for him with Justin’s mother. 

 

“I think I’m going to have to buy the lesbians a few diamonds.” Brian answered.

 

“Which means Lindsay is going to have more reasons to crow when you get back.” Brandon told him.

 

“I'm sure she'll just be thrilled not to plan Mikey’s wedding to himself.” Brian joked.

 

“I’m about to brave Justin’s women. Tell me I’m not going to regret helping you with his mom.” Brandon told him, not sounding like he wanted to deal with Justin’s mother.

 

“Are you scared of Justin’s mommy?” Brian asked, wondering how scary the woman could be.

 

“The woman makes Deb look like a kitten. She doesn’t yell but somehow makes you feel like a naughty two year old.” Brandon told him.

 

“My mother isn’t that bad.” Justin said in the background.

 

“Only if she loves you. Right now I’m not so sure Brian and I are in her good book.” Brandon said, instead of asking why Justin and Brian were together this early in the morning.

 

“I stayed with Justin three whole days and I’m still the good one. Even when Justin tries to make it impossible.” Brian answered, as if knowing what Brandon was thinking.

 

“By breathing, according to you. Brandon, I’m starting to wonder if your brother’s just one big tease.” Justin added, getting up to leave Brian and Brandon to talk.  

 

“Are you telling me you two spent the whole night together and nothing happened?” Brandon asked, planning to mark this down on a calendar.

 

“Not exactly, but right now I need you to do something for me.” Brian said, changing the subject.

 

“In a minute. I’m still trying to figure out how it’s possible my brother is abstaining.” Brandon joked.

 

“Are you done, because right now I’m not joking?” Brian asked him.

 

“Tell me what you want done, and I’ll take care of it.” Brandon told him.

 

“Ted needs to know who I’m bringing back with me, because he needs time to decide if he wants to see Blake.” Brian told him.

 

“You found Blake?” Brandon asked, not sure how Brian did it when Brandon couldn’t find a clue about what happened to him.

 

“In a way, and he's planning on coming back with us. Which means I want Ted prepared and given time to think about how he wants to deal with it.” Brian answered. 

 

“I could get Emmett to help.” Brandon told him. 

 

“That probably won't be a good idea. Mostly because Emmett might still have a problem with Blake. Ted needs to deal with this without everyone getting involved.” Brian told him. 

 

“Isn’t that what we're doing?” Brandon asked. 

 

“No, because I won’t offer an opinion or tell him what he should do.” He told Brandon.

 

“Has Blake cleaned himself up? Ted needs to know that in order to know how he wants to deal with it.” Brandon questioned. 

 

“As far as I can tell he looks like he got his life on track.” Brian told him. 

 

“What about you and Justin?” Brandon asked. 

 

“So far everything I'm learning about him just makes me want to know more.” Brian said, hanging up.

 

Brandon couldn’t help but smile at the idea Brian might be on his way to falling in love with Brandon’s best friend. Even Jen’s potential wrath didn’t bother him now, because she'd be thrilled at the idea Justin might come home with a boyfriend. What he didn’t expect was to find everyone at Jen’s house waiting for him, including Deb and Carl. Carl shook his head when he let Brandon in.

 

“I've never seen women so excited about shooting someone.” Carl told him. Before leading him into the kitchen filled with guns. “Granted, I agree it's time someone shot Michael in the ass.” Carl laughs.

 

“Well, people were asking how much to take a shot at a few others at the GLC, so it won't just be my idiot son.” Deb told them.

 

“When did that change?” Brandon asked, just happy Jen wasn’t tearing into him, but looking gleeful at the assorted guns in her kitchen.

 

“After Lindsay told the rest of the parents what we were going to do, it seemed they thought it would be a good fundraiser, and a way to take out some frustration on others who pissed everyone off.” Deb told him.

 

“Tannis and Phillip have made me want to shoot them just for being them.” Jen agreed.

 

“Any progress?” Daphne asked Brandon.

 

Brandon wasn’t sure what to say since this would involve Justin potentially having a sex life. Jen on the other hand looked expectantly at Brandon for some information.

 

“Brian and Justin managed to spend three days together and somehow my brother resisted Justin.” Brandon told them, not sure how that happened.

 

“Are you serious? Maybe Justin needs glasses, cause I’d be all over Brian given the chance.” Daphne commented.

 

“Yeah, seeing Brian naked would be on the top of my list if given the opportunity.” Molly agreed.

 

“Girls, while I agree both Brandon and Brian are attractive… Never mind, you’re right.” Jen said looking at Brandon and thinking about what she remembered about Brian.

 

“I’m feeling a bit violated.” Brandon joked.

 

“Which is better than what I wanted to do to you when I thought you’d bet on Justin.” Jen told him.

 

“I wouldn’t have done that. It would mean losing you guys.” Brandon told her.

 

Deb tried not to take it personally. Since it was obvious Brandon found people who accepted him, while she resisted because it upset Michael having Brandon included in anything. It was also obvious that Jen knew a lot about Brandon’s life, when she got up and hugged Brandon.

 

“I was upset, but in the end I would have still wanted you around, and would have helped you make it up to Justin.” Jen told him.

 

“So who gets to shoot ‘whiney man’ first?” Molly asked, while Brandon held onto Jen.

 

************************************************

 

Michael got to the GLC, irritated that Brian wasn’t answering his numerous calls. He was also pissed that no one would tell him where Brian had disappeared to. He also wondered why everyone seemed excited to see him when he walked in, and wasn’t thrilled when he was handed the donkey costume. He felt better when he saw a few others dressed up for this, and planned to let them all do the work. Michael’s only goal was to get Gus to stop acting like he didn’t like him. In fact the only person Gus didn’t seem to like was Michael. Which in the past didn’t bother Michael, since he wasn’t interested in the kid he never wanted Brian to have. After getting the costume, Michael was led to a room with a bunch of other people to get changed. Lindsay came in with Tannis who didn’t look happy but agreed after hearing how much they’d raise for the GLC. 

 

“Attention everyone, I appreciate your willingness to help with the small party we have planned. Now I ask for all your help as a few members found a way to raise funds to help make the daycare a reality with the fundraiser that Deb Novotny and Lindsay Peterson proposed to everyone. After we get dressed we’ll all go to the park across the street for the party and to help make this fundraiser a success.” Tannis said, trying to sound thrilled but still a bit put out that she was expected to participate. 

 

Michael smiled that Deb must have helped doing what he wanted her to do to help him with Lindsay and Mel. He followed everyone, getting perturbed when people kept stepping on his tail. He was amazed at the number of people all waiting at the park for all of them to show up, and saw the area where the kids were running around getting their faces painted and playing games set up for them. Michael wanted to be over there, making nice with Gus. Instead he was being lead to a roped off section while people were lined up waiting for the fun to begin.

 

It didn’t take long for Michael to catch on that there was more to this than he had been told. After the first ten paintballs hit him, he figured it out. It wasn’t just Michael, but also Tannis and Phillip who ended up running in circles to avoid the worst of the maniacs of Liberty Avenue. Michael’s only thought was that Lindsay was pissed that he was going to get what she never could from Brain and was doing this to pay him back for winning Brian. He wasn’t sure what to think when Emmett joined the fray and was practically gleeful when Brandon helped him chase Michael’s ass down and cover him in rainbow colors. Michael ran as Brandon proved he could hit what he aimed at. Daphne and Molly seemed to only be aiming at Michael’s ass and Carl kept him from escaping when even more of Liberty Avenue paid for a chance to shoot the Ass of Liberty Avenue. Michael thought it was over until he saw his Ma and Jen leading the girls into the area with the kids, who all had water balloons. It finally ended when Lindsay escorted everyone out of the area, and came over to where Michael was cowering behind Tannis and Phillip, who hadn’t faired any better than he had. Tannis and Phillip both walked off dripping with water and paint and a check bigger than any other fundraiser they’d ever tried raised. 

 

“It must suck for you that Brian is about to give me what he never wanted to give you.” Michael sneered at her.

 

“Let’s see, Brian and I slept together once, he gave me the baby I wanted, and is willing to help Mel and I raise our son together. So yes, I actually did get what I wanted. As for you, I think you’re about to get what you actually deserve for once. At least it won’t be anything new for you to watch Brian from the sidelines as once again you're not the one he chooses.” Lindsay told him.

 

“He’s ready for everything I want.” Michael argues with her.

 

“If he is, why is he not here with you? Or maybe a better question would be- when was the last time you saw him? From what I heard it would have been when he got pissed over the bet you spread around Liberty Avenue about Justin Taylor. Which makes it more interesting that Brian and Justin are both out of town at the same time.” Lindsay told him. Walking off with everyone and leaving Michael to figure it out on his own.