- Text Size +

Brett Keller laughed when Daphne called him asking him to pretty please hit on Justin for her. She even offered to explain it to Conner, since it might make Brett’s boyfriend kick his ass if he hit on Justin. Connor on the other hand, had a hard time believing Justin was finally interested in someone. Both of them had watched Justin ignore practically any man who tried to get his attention and we're curious to find out what made Brian Kinney different. Which was why Brett took the meeting asked of him by Brian’s PA. Brett wasn’t looking for a new firm for advertising, but Brian got a meeting just because he and Connor were curious about the man. Also because they both were protective of Justin and wanted to make sure Brian wasn’t going to hurt him. Brett and Connor managed to act like they hadn’t a clue about Brian, since Daphne explained Justin would likely kill them all if he found out what they were up to. Connor and Brett were both willing to make Brian think he had competition, just to see if he was here for more than a roll in the hay. Only Justin looked at both of them like they were crazy when they tried to hit on him in front of Brian.

 

Of course, keeping Justin in the same room proved a bit difficult when he saw Brian standing in Brett’s house. Brian started to wonder why his brother would tell Justin so much about the stupid shit the two of them did to win a bet when the blond commented at seeing him,

 

“Really? I guess I should be as honored as the other guy you hopped a flight to win the last bet against Brandon? Hate to disappoint you but I’m not honored or impressed at the lack of originality.” Justin said, leaving the room with Connor following him.

 

“That went well.” Brett said, laughing.

 

“So Daphne lied to me.” Brian said, not giving up.

 

“About me, yeah. In case you didn’t catch it, I’m only interested in the one following your boy. And before you get any help from me or Connor, know that neither of us will let you near Justin if all you are after is a trick.” Brett told him.

 

“I don’t know what I want from him. Do I want to bed him? Yes. I can say I know that. A relationship? I’ve never wanted one before now.” Brian told him, honestly.

 

“Then why come?” Brett asked him.

 

“To figure out why, for the first time, I want to try a relationship with someone who I barely know.” Brian told him.

 

“Why would you want one with Justin, if like you say you haven’t a clue how to have one and you barely know him?” Brett asked.

 

“Maybe because he’s more impressed with my success at business than my reputation around town.” Brian tells him.

 

“Just make sure he doesn’t get hurt, or you’ll deal with Connor and me.” Brett told him, willing to give Brian a chance since Justin didn’t just ignore him the way he ignored all other men who tried to get the blond’s attention.

 

“Any idea where they went?” Brian asked.

 

“I’m sure we’ll be bailing them out later, since Connor indulges Justin and Molly. For now, you come with me and tell me why I should change ad firms.” Brett told him.

 

Connor dragged Justin to the car, while Justin ranted about Brian showing up. It was the only reason Connor hadn’t kicked Brian out when Justin looked angry to see him, because Justin actually gave a shit enough to be angry. Connor wondered how Justin missed the heat in Brian’s eyes studying every inch of him. Daphne told him that Justin still believed it was all a bet, and how it was all because Brian’s stalker could tell he was interested in Justin. That worried Connor more, since in his world stalkers weren’t fun or funny. She had a guy named Ted call and explain all about Michael Novotny and his wishful thinking. Connor told Brett if Justin decided to give Brian a chance, then he and Brett were going to go to Pittsburgh and make sure Michael didn’t become a problem for Justin.

 

“Where are we going?” Justin asked.

 

“To see Finn. He wanted to see you while you were here.” Connor told him.

 

“Is he going to hit on me too?” Justin asked.

 

“No. And I doubt it would matter if he did, since you're obviously interested in someone else.” Connor told him.

 

Justin wanted to deny wanting anything to do with Brian, but he’d never been one to deny the truth. “I don’t get why I can’t stop thinking about him. He’s everything I don’t want, but at the same time I think he’s more than people see in him.”

 

“Why not give him a chance to show you who he is?” Connor asked.

 

“Because he could break my heart if I find out I’m wrong.” Justin answered.

 

“Only if you let him.” Connor told him, pulling up to Finn’s house.

 

Finn was waiting for Justin and dragged him into the house, telling on Connor, Brett, and Daphne. While Connor’s nose followed the smell of Finn’s fabulous cooking. It was one of the reasons they put up with him. 

 

“So did you think they were nuts when they started hitting on you?” Finn asked, giggling when Conner groaned.

 

*************************************************

 

Lindsay came storming past Cynthia, who waved as Lindsay kept repeating that Brian had lost his mind. It was why she went to Brian’s office, to ask what the hell he was up to now. Only to find out Brian was out of town and to be told that Ted would explain it all to her. Ted barely got past Justin’s name and the bet that Emmett and he both help spread around Babylon, before Lindsay interrupted.

 

“Please tell me they did not bet on Justin.” Lindsay demanded.

 

“Do you know him?” Ted asked.

 

“I met him through Brandon when we ran into them at an art show at PIFA. He got attached to Gus, so he comes over often.” Lindsay told him, warning him with her eyes that she’d kill Brian if they bet on Justin.

 

“First, it wasn’t Brian or Brandon who bet on Justin. Michael made that one up all on his own, and then took it further by getting all the tops thinking it was one big game for all of them. Which Brian doesn’t know about yet, since he followed Justin to California. He will likely kill Michael for doing that when he comes back. How did Brian miss that you’re friends with Justin?” Ted asked.

 

“Mel and I have friends outside of you guys, but it was more that Justin didn’t seem interested in meeting Brian.” Lindsay told him.

 

“Right now I don’t think he is either, but Brian still went after him.” Ted told her.

 

“Which doesn’t explain why Michael thinks Brian wants to settle down with him.” Lindsay told Ted, wanting to know why Michael was acting like Brian wanted him.

 

“Brian wasn’t happy about what Michael did because he showed more interest then usual in Justin.  It also doesn’t help that Deb is ready to kill both Brandon and Brian over this, and that she doesn’t know Michael started the whole thing. She’s been by here, not willing to listen to anyone, since Michael apparently told her Brandon really started the whole thing to get Brian out of trouble with Deb. Which we both know is because he doesn’t want Deb pissed at Brian when Michael thinks he’s about to get what he wants.” Ted told her.

 

“Any idea how Justin reacted to this, and whether Brandon’s okay?” Lindsay asked.

 

“So far Justin believes the bet is true. Brandon’s been upset because Justin wouldn’t give him a chance to explain anything.” Ted told her.

 

“I’ll get him to listen, but you better tell Brian that if he fucks this up I won’t stand in the way of Mel cutting off his balls.” Lindsay told him, getting up and making plans to keep Michael busy.

 

Michael was standing in the waiting area, shoving specs for houses at Cynthia. He tried to convince her Brian wanted him to help since in the end it he would be the one to live in the house with Brian. Cynthia sat listening to Michael, willing to help Brian teach the idiot a lesson. She never understood why Brian put up with Michael in the first place. Hell, she didn’t get why any of the guys did. Emmett, Ted, and Brian made sense to Cynthia since all of them worked their asses off for everything. Michael, on the other hand, acted as if they were all put on the planet to serve his needs. Michael figured out a long time ago that fucking with Cynthia only led to Brian kicking him out of the office. Since then he tried to act as if they were friends, which Cynthia saw right through and wasn’t willing to pretend with him, until now. For the first time Brian wasn’t offering excuses for Michael, because it seemed that Justin Taylor interested Brian. Cynthia read through most of the information on Justin Taylor that she was able to get and wondered how Brian would deal with someone who was his equal in almost every way. They both worked their asses off to become giants in their designated fields, and both were sought after for it. The only difference was that Brian managed to play while doing it. Justin’s life consisted of working and helping his family and friends. Cynthia looked at the houses Michael picked out, while he went on and on about how great it would be to be included in all the neighborhood events. She just nodded and told Michael she’d make sure what he wanted was included in the file, skipping over the fact that the file didn’t exist.

 

Michael had been so excited about Brian that he ran to tell his mother, only to have her still too upset at Brian to listen to him. Michael knew he had to find a way to take the blame off Brian, since he didn’t need Deb causing them problems when Brian came back from wherever he’d taken off to. He managed to weave a story of Brandon being the one who started the bet and Emmett accidentally telling everyone what Brandon told him. Michael figured Emmett would thank him for making it sound like it was Brandon’s fault and not Emmett’s. He left when she wanted him to help her explain it to Jen, and offer to befriend Justin. Michael wasn’t going to allow that asshole in his circle of friends, since even he couldn’t pretend Brian’s interest in the guy didn’t make him competition for Michael. 

 

He was about to leave after talking to Cynthia until he saw Lindsay walking out of Ted’s office. He needed to make sure to spend time with Gus, and Lindsay was the only way that would happen. Lindsay never hid the fact that she didn’t like Michael or the fact that he was friends with Brian. Michael knew it was because she wanted Brian for herself and was still pissed that he had managed to keep Brian saying no to a baby for a couple of years. Michael still wasn’t sure how she managed to get him to agree in the end, but he’d been an asshole to her ever since. Lindsay paid him back by making sure Gus got more attention from Brian than Michael did.

 

“How’s Gus doing?” Michael asked.

 

“Great. Brandon came by and took him to the park. Brandon just loves the fact that we can share Gus with him, and Gus loves spending time with his family.” Lindsay told him, knowing it pissed him off that she welcomed Brandon and not Michael.

 

“I was thinking I should spend some time with Gus, especially now.” Michael hinted.

 

“With Brian settling down, it would make sense since it could make the difference in what kind of relationship you would have with Brian.” Lindsay told him, acting as if she believed Michael. “It’s just that Gus isn’t very comfortable with you, and it’s hard for me to want you around after the comments you like to make about why I wanted a child.” 

 

“With things changing, we need to figure out how to work with each other.” Michael said, knowing Lindsay was planning to make it painful for him.

 

“I guess we should make the effort for Gus, since things are going to change. In fact, you can meet us at the GLC Saturday for a small party, we needed another volunteer to help us out. Mel needs to see you can deal with kids before she agrees to let you spend time alone with Gus.” Lindsay told him, waving at Cynthia before leaving.

 

“She’ll see I can do it.” Michael muttered to himself.

 

Lindsay texted Mel that she’d found someone to dress up in the Donkey costume for the Shrek themed event.