- Text Size +

It's All Down Hill From Here

Chapter 2




Two hours later the boys finally boarded, and were very grateful for Brian’s VIP status with Liberty Air. Apparently someone had screwed up their reservations putting them in tourist, which wouldn’t have been a total disaster except for the fact that they wouldn’t have been sitting together. Brian growled, snarled then pulled out his cell phone to call the CEO of Liberty Air on his private line. The snafu was immediately corrected. Not only were they seated in first class but as soon as the plane had leveled off the boys were served a champagne breakfast. Stomachs sated, the boys reclined their seats, settled back then slept their way to Hawaii.

“Wow, this is amazing!” Justin exclaimed as he looked around like a fascinated child at The Magic Kingdom, swinging his head around fast so as not to miss a thing. Someone in a grass skirt placed several colorful leis around his neck.





“Justin, we haven’t even left the airport yet,” Brian snarked. Fortunately, their bags had made it to Hawaii with them so while Justin played tourist, Brian retrieved their bags.

Ignoring the snark, Justin walked over to a man who was holding up a large card with ‘Kinney-Taylor’ written on it in big black letters. “I’m Justin Taylor,” Justin said with a smile.

“Henry. I’ll be your driver and at your disposal for your time here,” Henry cheerfully explained.

“Wow!” Justin said again with childlike wonder.

“Brian Kinney,” Brian announced as he walked up to them. “You must be...”

“Henry, sir,” Henry confirmed as he took out his ID to show Brian. Brian nodded with approval as he turned over their bags to the man who was going to be their new best friend for the next two weeks. Brian had no intention of fumbling with maps on his honeymoon so he arranged to have a private chauffeur for the duration.

“Well, Henry, your assignment for today is to get us to our accommodations then amscray. My plan is for a long, hot soak with one hot blond, and then dinner and drinks. We won’t need you until some time tomorrow,” Brian drawled as he waggled his eyebrows at said hot blond. The hot blond blushed as he rolled his eyes.

“Very good, sir,” Henry said unfazed, as he loaded their bags into the trunk of the limo while the boys got in.

“Bri, you will let me out of our room once in a while, won’t you?” Justin said with a grin. He did want to do some sightseeing, but the thought of spending two whole weeks alone with Brian was just about as appealing, if not more appealing, than any sights this tropical paradise could offer.

“Maybe,” Brian said smugly as he put on his sunglasses then leaned back against the cool leather seat of the Mercedes.

The boys relaxed as Henry drove them to their home for the next two weeks.



*****



“Wow!” Justin exclaimed as he wandered through the main building of the estate that would be their home base for the next two weeks. He scurried throughout the rooms in awe, exploring every nook and cranny.

Brian got the lowdown about the place from the housekeeper, Angelica, then he discreetly asked her to make herself scarce. After explaining that she could be easily reached in one of the outer buildings by pressing 3 on the phone, she explained that the refrigerator was fully stocked and she had prepared some salads and cold salmon for them if they were hungry. All that done, she quickly left for her quarters, understanding that the handsome men wished to be alone.

Brian stood back with a smile on his face as he watched Justin.“Brian, look at the view from here!” Justin said as he threw open the lanai doors and walked outside.Paul Mitchell Estate -




“Yeah,” Brian murmured as he leaned against a wall to take in the view.

“Bri, the view?” Justin turned wondering why his spouse wasn’t at his side and as impressed as he was.

“I think the view is beautiful,” Brian whispered.

“But you’re still inside,” Justin observed as he walked back toward his mate. Brian opened his arms for Justin to fill them.

“I’ve got the best view in the house,” Brian murmured against Justin’s lips. Brian deepened their kiss as he walked Justin backwards heading for one of the bedrooms, shedding clothing as they went.

“The very best view,” Brian repeated as they made love for the rest of the day.



*****



Justin awoke with a groan. Bright sunlight poured in through the patio doors on one wall of their bedroom. They hadn’t bothered to close the drapes. Forcing an eye open, Justin could see Brian sleeping beside him. A smile curled the corners of Justin’s mouth. If the rest of their “honeymoon” turned out to be for shit, they would have had yesterday, and that day alone would be worth the whole trip.

Justin turned onto his side, propping his head up on his scrunched up pillow. He studied Brian’s sleeping face. His husband was so beautiful, more so as the years had passed. Brian’s face had hardly any wrinkles, just a few around the eyes. Justin liked to think those were laugh lines from Brian being so happy all these years. He studied the pink lips that were slightly open as Brian slept. He had kissed those lips at least a million times, and he hoped to kiss them a million more. They were soft and warm and very tasty. Justin licked his lips and let out a sigh.

“You could kiss me,” Brian said making Justin jump.

“How long have you been awake?”

“Since your x-ray vision started to pierce my sleeping brain.”

Justin laughed. “I never could put one over on you.”

“I beg to differ,” Brian said, finally opening his eyes and looking at Justin. “You tricked me into marrying you, didn’t you?”

“T…Tricked you! Are you crazy? I never tricked you,” Justin sputtered.

“Then I must have tricked you,” Brian grinned as he rolled over on top of his spouse.

“Nobody got tricked. We agreed to get married.”

“I think we both got tricked this time.”

“Well that was different.”

“Was it?” Brian asked as he ran his fingers through the soft blond hair and stared into the deep blue eyes.

“Very. You didn’t sing your cheesy song at this wedding,” Justin said.

“I thought about it, but … that was then and this is now.”

“I liked what you said. It was about time,” Justin added with a soft smile.

Brian nodded. “I think I did a pretty commendable job.”

Justin stared into Brian’s eyes. “Did you mean it – always have and always will?”

“Isn’t twenty years enough to prove that I love you?”

“Twenty years is not always. I expect forever.”

“Then you’re going to have to put up with me for a few more years. I plan to be here for forever.”

“Good,” Justin said emphatically, raising his head to kiss Brian’s soft lips that he loved so much. “What about what I said?”

“It was the same thing you said the first time we got married.”

“You remembered?” Justin asked with a warm smile.

“Of course, I did. You think I’d ever forget the words of the only person I ever suckered into marrying me?”

“Suckered!” Justin gasped. “You are such an asshole!”

“That’s what they all tell me,” Brian agreed sticking his tongue in his cheek.

Justin kissed his cheek, knowing that Brian was teasing. “I do love you, you know, you big Smoosh.”

“Capital ‘S’?” Justin nodded. “I kind of figured that out after last night.”

“Last night was only part of it. My ass will never be the same after a whole day of fucking.”

“Trans-Pacific flights tend to make me horny.”

Justin chuckled. “Anything makes you horny. And when have you ever been across the Pacific before?”

“I haven’t.”

“Then how…”

“Our flight made me horny, so I’m extrapolating.”

“I’ll extrapolate you!” Justin laughed, smacking Brian’s ass.

“Ow!”

“Feed me, damn you!” Justin ordered. “I’m starving.”

“Yes, sir,” Brian agreed. “Should I notify Angelica or do you want me to cook?” Brian asked.

“Call Angelica. I need masses of food, after the workout you’ve put me through. I so need a shower. She can cook while we get presentable.”

“You don’t think she’d like us like this?” Brian asked throwing off the sheet that covered their nakedness.

“Maybe too much. She’s one big lady.”

“Probably means she’s a great cook.”

“I hope so, I’m starved,” Justin said as he wiggled out from under Brian and headed to the shower.

“Young’uns,” Brian scoffed picking up the phone.



*****



About a half hour later Brian and Justin were seated in the kitchen of the estate devouring the bountiful breakfast that Angelica had prepared.

“This French toast is … magnificent,” Justin managed to say between bites.

“Thank you,” Angelica said with a big smile. “It’s my own concoction, kind of like bananas Foster, but with French toast.”

“There must be a million calories in this one piece,” Brian observed as he looked at the tidbit on his fork.

“You deserve it,” Justin told him. “We’ll work it off later.” He waggled his eyebrows in his best Brian Kinney imitation.

“I’m going to hold you to that,” Brian replied as he devoured the succulent piece of food.

Justin smiled fondly at Brian before helping himself to another piece of French toast.

“More coffee?” Angelica asked walking over to the table.

“Please,” Brian said. Justin held up his mug since his mouth was full. Angelica filled both their mugs.

“I like to see people enjoy their food. You make me feel proud,” she told Justin.

“What about me?” Brian demanded. “I ate two whole pieces of French toast.”

Angelica snorted. “That’s nothing. This fella has packed it away like a good eater should.”

Brian was about to say that if Justin kept eating like this he would look like Angelica by the time they left the island, but he thought better of being so tactless. Angelica would be cooking for them for the two weeks. He didn’t need to anger her and have to worry about what she was putting in his food.

“Thanks, Angelica,” Justin said as he wiped his mouth. “I don’t think I could eat one more bite. I’m so stuffed.” He gave a loud belch. “Oops, sorry.” Justin blushed mightily.

“No problem,” Angelica chuckled. She replaced the coffee pot in the coffee maker. “I’ll take that as a compliment that you enjoyed my cooking.” She looked pointedly at Brian.

“I enjoyed the breakfast you made,” Brian said dutifully. “Pardon me if I don’t belch like this one.” He ruffled Justin’s hair affectionately.

Angelica smiled. Even if the tall one didn’t eat much, she could see that the two men loved each other a lot. It was written all over their faces, and in every move they made. “What have you planned for today?” she asked.




“Is the beach out there good for swimming?” Justin asked indicating the beach at the end of the property.Paul Mitchell Estate -

“It’s very good for swimming. Not so great for surfing,” Angelica advised. “Don’t get too far down the beach that way,” she added pointing. “There’s a riptide as you go farther down.”

“We’ll be careful,” Justin said. “Come on, Bri, let’s get our swimsuits on.”

“Swimsuits?” Brian asked arching a brow.

“You did bring one, didn’t you?”

“I thought it would be clothing optional since we have the whole place to ourselves.”

“But…” Justin looked at Angelica.

“I promise not to look,” Angelica said with a big grin.

“I bet,” Brian scoffed.

Angelica merely continued to grin.

“Come on,” Justin ordered. “I want to look around the property and go for a swim. I’ve seen enough of the ceiling in our bedroom.”

Angelica laughed heartily as the two men left the kitchen.



*****



The boys donned their swimsuits, covered by tank tops and shorts. They decided to take the time to explore the estate that Brian had leased for the duration of their vacation, before finding the beach.

Paul Mitchell Estate -

“Wow!” Justin exclaimed as they came across an Olympic sized pool that was part of a man-made grotto complete with tropical foliage and waterfall.Paul Mitchell Estate -


 



“Ya know, for a man whose claim to fame was based on his SAT scores, your vocabulary has taken a downward spiral,” Brian snarked. Brian was just as impressed with the beauty of the estate but refused to say, ‘Wow.’

“And you’re a snob,” Justin teased. “I don’t have to use five dollar words to describe how impressed I am when a 50-cent word will work just fine,” he explained as they walked toward the side of the pool where the sound of the falling water was soothing and exciting all at the same time.

Both men stood still for the moment, taking in the beautifully placid sight. Neither spoke as they took in every detail. Turning toward each other, the lovers gazed in each other’s eyes then laughed at their matching lustful expressions.

“Later,” they both said with a laugh as Brian reached out his hand for Justin.

“Come on, big guy, let’s go find the beach,” Justin said as he placed his hand in Brian’s. They strolled toward the sound of gentle waves lapping against the shore.



*****



“Put your hat on and where’s your sunscreen,” Brian stated like an overly protective parent, which he was but would never admit.

“We’ve been out here for all of ten minutes,” Justin griped. For once he wanted to be able to walk on a beach without having someone make any remarks about his pale skin, including his spouse.

“I have no wish to fuck a French fry for the rest of our trip,” Brian grumbled. He knew Justin resented being reminded about applying sunscreen however Brian felt compelled. “An in-pain French fry,” he added.

“Just because some of us go around with a perpetual suntan doesn’t give you the right to complain about others who don’t,” Justin snapped back.

“I’m not complaining; on the contrary, I happen to like your complexion. And as such I want to protect it,” Brian stated as he pulled the hat out of Justin’s back pocket then plopped it on the top of the blond head. Justin grumbled but he righted the hat and kept it there.

“If it’ll make you happy,” Justin said with resignation.

“Ecstatic,” Brian snarked, dropping the subject...for now.

They walked down the beach for about half an hour before deciding it was time to go back to the estate.

“Brian, I don’t feel so good,” Justin whispered as he leaned up against the taller man.

“Shit,” Brian murmured as he put his arms around the younger man to steady him. Brian could feel the heat radiating off of Justin’s skin which was decidedly a deep shade of pink in spite of all the sunscreen. “We need to get you back inside,” Brian said. With Brian’s support Justin made it back to the estate.

“Angelica!” Brian called out as he gently laid Justin down on one of the chaises on the patio. The patio was shaded and there was a gentle breeze to help cool Justin down. Angelica came running, took one look at Justin then scurried off to get a cool towel and a pitcher of lemonade from the kitchen.

“Should I call for a doctor?” Brian asked as he hovered close.

“No, he’ll be all right. He just overdid it. This happens a lot,” Angelica reassured Brian. “We’ll replace his fluids and cool him down slowly. He’ll be fine in an hour,” she said as she put a cool cloth on Justin’s forehead.

“But what if he isn’t. Maybe I should call an ambulance.” Brian felt helpless. This was supposed to have been fun for Justin, not something to make him sick.

“Bri,” Justin murmured as he moved his hand trying to reach it out. Brian squatted down and took Justin’s hand in his. “I’m fine,” he said as he attempted to sit up. “I think I’m thirsty.”

Angelica handed Brian a glass of lemonade.

“Small sips, Sunshine,” Brian instructed as he held the glass to Justin’s lips. Justin took a few small sips of the cool liquid. “I think we should go home,” Brian grumbled.

“And I think you should stop worrying. I’m fine.”

“But it was my fault that...”

“It was no one’s fault. It could have just as easily been you. All I need is to sit here with my partner, enjoy the view and then later have dinner. Maybe go dancing. I’m sure you’ve researched where we can go dancing. You remember dancing, don’t you, Bri? You made some of your best moves on the dance floor.”

“I think the sun addled your brain, Sunshine. It was you who had the moves. I just hung on for the ride.”

“Then take me dancing tonight and you can hang onto me some more.”

“Justin, I don’t think...”

“Please, Bri. It’s our second honeymoon. I want to go dancing.”

“All right. Whatever you want, just promise me you’ll take it easy for the rest of the day.”

“I promise,” Justin said as he finished his glass of lemonade. Then he slipped off to sleep.

“He will be fine, sir,” Angelica repeated, trying to calm the older man. Brian nodded as he felt Justin’s skin in various places. His skin still felt too hot for Brian’s liking.

“He’s going to be in pain,” Brian murmured.

“We have plenty of aloe; it will help.” Brian nodded, still unconvinced. As Angelica turned to go back inside, Brian thanked her. She smiled at him, thinking how sweet the taller man was. She knew he must be a powerful man to be able to lease the estate and make all their arrangements, but Angelica realized Brian was also a very kind and caring man.

She sighed. Too bad the nice man was gay, Angelica had a daughter.

Brian stared at Justin sleeping peacefully on the chaise then he pulled out his cell phone, first checking the time. “Nick? It’s Brian, yeah, Hawaii. Nick, I need a favor...”



*****



“Bri?” Justin called out. He woke up feeling a little dizzy but much better than he did when he was on the beach.

“Hey Sunshine, welcome back to earth,” Brian cheerfully greeted the younger man. He walked to where Justin was standing by the lanai doors.

“Brian, are you having an orgy without me?” Justin asked with just a touch of suspicion in his voice. Brian was dressed in clubbing clothes, looking way too good for Justin’s comfort at the moment. And there seemed to be two very handsome strangers sipping wine and nibbling on very yummy looking canapés in their living room.

“Never. When I married you I vowed to love, honor and orgy exclusively with you,” Brian teased.

“Oh, okay. Do you want to introduce me to your friends?” Justin asked sweetly but with an edge that Brian could hear.

“Certainly, Sunshine. This is Paul; he happens to be an old friend of Nick’s. They went to med school together. And this is his partner, Martin,” Brian made the introductions. Justin’s polite upbringing kicked in and he shook hands with both men.

“Are you a doctor too?” Justin asked Martin.

“Hell no! One conceited medical man in the family is enough,” Martin responded with a smile.

“Like your ego isn’t big enough, honey,” Paul said as he bussed his partner’s head. “He’s a DJ.”

“A very successful DJ I might add,” Martin stated emphatically with a smirk.

“I was speaking with Nick not that long ago. He mentioned a couple of his friends were heading to our island. I thought you might like to go to the hottest night club in Hawaii at least once while you’re here,” Paul said nonchalantly. “You two aren’t too difficult to track down.”

“An excellent idea, isn’t it, Sunshine,” Brian said with a bright smile.

“Uh huh,” Justin replied. He had a feeling that there was more to it, but he did want to go dancing, and going with another gay couple would ensure that they would be going to the right clubs. He grabbed a couple of canapés to pop in his mouth. Justin realized he was hungry.

“Do I have time for a shower?” Justin asked.

“Of course, we’re in no rush. And I believe Angelica wants to impress us with more of her cooking. Besides, you know I never get to the club before eleven,” Brian said trying to look innocent.

He was doing a lousy job.

“Okay. Please excuse me,” Justin said politely as he turned to go to the bedroom. Brian handed Justin a small plate with a few treats to take with him.

“Can’t have you wasting away, can I, Sunshine?” Justin narrowed his eyes at his spouse for a brief moment then smiled sweetly at their guests before he left the room.

Brian collapsed onto a nearby chair when he heard the bedroom door close.

“Brian, he’s fine,” Paul assured the older man.

“I’ve seen hundreds of overheated people; Justin’s all right,” Martin added.

“And what makes you an expert?” Brian growled.

“Martin, isn’t just a DJ; he’s also a medic. That’s his fulltime job,” Paul explained. Then Martin squatted down in front of Brian who was trying not to work himself into a state of worry.

“Brian, I patrol the beaches. I’ve seen heat stroke and heat exhaustion. You got Justin out of the sun before any of that happened. He was cooled down and fluids replaced then he rested. He’s young and strong,” Martin stated.

“But...”

“Nick filled me in on a little of the history. Going dancing with you is the best medicine,” Paul assured Brian. “We’ll keep an eye on him.”

“Did I miss dinner?” Justin asked after awhile, as he came back into the room. He had showered and dressed to knock them dead.

“No, but I may just have to eat you,” Brian replied giving his spouse a lascivious grin before taking Justin into his arms and planting a kiss.

“Bri, we have guests,” Justin said but without pushing his enthusiastic spouse away.

“You know how much I love sex in public,” Brian murmured against Justin’s lips.

Brian reluctantly ended the kiss. The four men went to the dining area for Angelica’s feast before going out for the night.