- Text Size +


Peter left John sitting on the couch.  He went to sleep in his old room but John knew he was there if he needed him.  A year ago John rescued him from his mother and he would never forget that.




By the time Tony arrived home it was nearly 1:00 a.m.  “Mi Amore, you didn’t have to wait up!” He walked over and kissed John and then noticed the look on John’s face.  He sat next to him and took his hands. “John, what is it? Is someone ill?”




John looked up at Tony and tears filled his eyes. How could he tell him this? “Tony, I have something to tell you. I know you will need to think about this. I understand that.”




“John, you are scaring me. Please just tell me.”




John took a deep breath, looked into Tony’s eyes, and said, “I am going to be a father.  Tina is pregnant.” A tear escaped to his cheek.




Tony blinked and instinctively reached out and wiped the tear away. “When is she expecting?”




“Late November.” John replied. “I, we, I want the child but I need and want you more right now.  You are my first priority. Please, think about it. It is Brinn’s sibling.”




“John, it is your child, a part of you.” He ran his hand from John’s neck and down his chest. “I need to think. I love you, Me amore, never doubt that. I am going nowhere.”




As they walked to their room John spoke, “Do you need time alone?”




“Do you mind?  I need to think a bit.”




John kissed him, “I love you, Antony, more than I can express.”




Tony shut the door and John began to walk to Angi’s room but then changed his mind and walked down to Peter’s room.  Peter sat up. “Everything Ok?”




“I think so but he needs a little time to think.  I understand that. I just….”




Peter pulled the sheet back and patted the bed next to him. John sat down.  He then laid down as Peter put his arms around him. “I remember you doing this many times when we were little.”




“Peter, did Mom ever come to your bedroom or make you come to hers?”  




“I think you know that answer, John, or you wouldn’t be asking. We survived and we are out of there.  Going to counseling has helped me understand a lot of things. We don’t need to talk about this now. Get some sleep.”





Peter left the house early because  Tony and John needed time to talk. He started off at a slow jog.  As his muscles warmed up he started taking long strides. He hadn’t done this for so long.  You didn’t just go out for a run like this in the city. After several minutes he was in the zone and just kept running. He was on auto control and turned onto the next roade.  He glanced ahead and thought he saw something about a mile ahead. As he got closer, he saw it was a girl and after another minute or two he could see it was Becca. She was sitting on a rock along the road.


He slowed down and saw Becca hadn’t seen him.  Her head was in her hands and she appeared to be crying.




“Becca?”




“Oh, Pete, am I glad to see you.” She stood hopping on one foot and wrapped her arms around his neck.  




“I am really sweaty and probably really stink.”




Becca found their faces were only centimeters apart and their eyes met.  “Um...I twisted my ankle. I can’t put any pressure on it and when I fell my phone got smashed.”  She started crying harder.




“Sit, sweetie.  I will call the house.  Do you hurt anywhere else?”




“No.” Her voice quivers.  “Well, nothing more than a skinned knee and my hands.”




Peter called Alice who said she was on her way. He squatted down and looked at Becca’s palms and before he realized it he had kissed each of her palms. He brushed Becca’s hair back and Becca slowly touched his cheek. Without thinking about it he took her into his arms and kissed her forehead, then her cheek, and then brushes his lips against hers.




As she began to lean into him she stopped.  “No, you have a girlfriend. I don’t need that in my life. Damn! But you are too sexy.”




“Becca, I don’t have a girlfriend. We went our own ways a couple weeks ago.   So….” he pulls Becca up and into his arms. He kissed her lightly and slowly deepened it.  “I would love to get to know you better but I am in no rush,” He offered his hand to shake, “Friends?”




“Friends,” She shook his hand. Peter picked her up as Alice pulled up and placed her in the SUV.  




“I’m going to finish my run.  I’ll see you soon,” and Peter sprinted off.




“Thanks, Peter.”  And Alice drives away.





John came downstairs and smelled coffee. Tony was standing by the espresso machine making a second cup. He looked over and smiled at John and held out a cup.  “Let’s go out on the patio.” They sat together on a bench swing. Tony slipped an arm around John and pulled him close. He set his cup down and took John’s as John dissolved. When both his hands were free he pulled John to him. “Mi Amore, shhhhhh. We have plans to make.  We are going to be papas.”




John looked into Tony’s eyes, “Really.”




“I cannot  let a part of you go.  It will not be easy but we can do this.  Family will help us. I just can’t have Tina around.  That is my only stipulation.”




John claimed Tony’s lips. When they separated they each reached for their coffee and drank it silently. When they set the cups down, John stood and offered both his hands to Tony.  He pulled him tightly against him. He slipped his hands down to Tony’s ass and pulled him tightly. “Tony, I want to love you. I want to make you cry out in ecstasy. I don’t deserve you.  I fucked up so bad.”




“You created a family for us.  We will love this child as much as we love each other. Now, take me upstairs and love me until I can’t think straight.”




“That will be my pleasure.” John started kissing him again.  He turned Tony around and pressed him against the wall. He pulled down  Tony’s shorts and then his own. “Relax, darling,” and he slowly pressed into him as he wrapped his arms and Tony and took hold of his dick.  Soon John was thrusting into him and as they both neared the climax, Tony’s knees began to buck as he orgasmed. John held Tony tightly against the wall as he emptied into him.  He thrust a couple last time. “That was the appetizer. Let’s go upstairs and get ready for the main course.”





Summer was going by quickly.  Before everyone realized it the wedding was two weeks away.  John and Tony were trying to complete their internships early so they had a little extra time.  They were finalizing their trip and Angi was starting to prepare to go back home. She was getting homesick.  Their father was getting better every day and expected to be back at work by the time they got there. Angi would miss Gus, although after the night of the movie they were never left alone.




Peter started spending more time at the main house.  He was going to be moving back into the guest house next week.  Becca was looking for a place to move now that summer was almost over.  Peter hated the thought of her moving out of the house. One day while they sat at the pool watching Angi and Gus, Peter looked over at Becca.  “Why don’t you move into the guest house with me. I will be living their alone before the end of the semester and there are four bedrooms. You could have the room Angi is using.




“Tony, I don’t know…”




“I am not asking you to move into my room, although,” he took her hand and kissed it. “I might be ready to take this to the next step if you are. Becca, I think I’m falling in love with you.”  He put his hand behind her head and brought his lips to hers. “I’m not asking you to join me in my bed. In fact, I promised my therapist I wouldn’t sleep with anyone but he didn’t say I couldn’t date and I want to date you.”  He brushed his lips on hers and Becca deepened the kiss. By the time they separated, Peter looked at her, “Please, move in.” She nodded and they kissed again.




“Peter, I need to tell you something.”




“You’re not a guy are you?”  He smiled at her and they both laugher.




“Peter, I’m a virgin.”  She stood up and walked away.




“Becca! You can’t drop that on me and walk away.”




“ I just want you to know that I don’t sleep around but I have never thought I would wait until I was married.  I just want it to be the right person.”




“I would never force you into something or take advantage of you.”




Becca looked at him and touched his shoulder, “I know that, Peter, or I wouldn’t move in with you.”




As she walked away, Peter wondered how he would survive living with the woman he planned to marry someday without being able to lover her.





Brian and Justin were spending time at the B & B helping with plans  and color palettes. Mary loved spending time with Brinn and when they told her Tony and John were having a baby she was thrilled.  Justin was going to do a couple murals. One was going in the main hall upstairs and one was going the fancy suite. They weren’t sure what they were going to call it yet, but it was going to be amazing with a spa bathroom and every amenity you could want including a Taylor original on the wall.




Justin was sketching some ideas sitting on the bed.  He was looking out the windows that had a beautiful view.   The next thing he knew Brian’s hand was down his pants and his tongue was down his throat. Justin reached up and pulled him close.  “Now, this is a wonderful way to,” He started to say wake up but he didn’t feel like he was asleep.




“I called for you several times.  You must have been sound asleep.”




“Well, you did have me up half the night….literally.”




“I was just noticing that seems to have happened again.”Brian gently squeezed Justin’s rising cock.  “I think I could use a little snack.” Brian slid down and, loosening Justin’s fly, took him all the way in his mouth.  As Brian brought him to an orgasm, Justin felt light headed again. What was going on? He forgot all about it when Brian deepthroated him and he cried out as he emptied himself into Brian’s throat.




All the sudden Justin sat straight up.  “Brinn, I am sure Mary will need a break.”




Brian looked at him with an odd stare, “She’s at home with Alice.”  




Justin nodded, “Oh ya, you really did take me to another zone.”  He kissed Brian. “I love you, darling. Maybe we should go home and …..”




“I knew I loved you.”





Gus and Angi were done with summer rec and had been recruited to help Emmett with the wedding. Emmett had been warned not to leave them alone so he just kept them running. Becca took Brinn duty while everyone else chipped in on preparing the backyard.  Emmett had given Justin instructions on assembling some of the food and went off to give directions to John and Tony. When he came back in he noticed Justin staring off into space. “Sweetie.” Emmett said but Justin didn’t react. “Emmett to Justin, is anyone home.” He touched Justin’s shoulder and Justin jumped.  “Where the hell were you?”




“Oh, I guess I was  thinking about the guys and the new baby…. And.”




“Sweetie, have you gone to the doctor lately?  Has this happened more often?”




“Nothing happened. I have been working at the B & B.  I’ve been helping with this wedding. I have tweens I need to keep apart. I have.”




“I know you have a lot going on but I still wish you would go in for a checkup.”




“Em, I will make an appointment next week.”




“You better,” Emmett saw Brian walking in, “Don’t tell your husband but I kind of love you,” Em kissed him as Brian walked up.  




“Em, Em, Em.  You just don’t give your own life enough value.” Brian pulled Justin into his own arms and Emmett saw Justin flinch at the quick movement.




“Well, I am yours until the wedding unless, Emmett, you can spare both of us for an hour…” Brian kissed Justin, pulling him firmly against himself.




“Justin is finishing something for me. I think you could help the grooms outside, or maybe keep an eye on your son before he gets that little girl off in a corner.”




“Just make sure you keep your hands to yourself.” Brian winked at Em and left the house.




Emmett looked at Justin again. “ If you don’t call the doctor on Monday, I am going to tell Brian. I saw your reaction when he moved you a little quicker than normal.”




“Ok, Ok. But I still don’t think it is anything a weekend in the studio can’t cure.  God, I miss the studio.”




Justin and Emmett worked side by side until they finished what could be done for the day.  Becca and Peter walked into the kitchen with Brinn toddling between them. “Daddiiiiiiiee,” She ran to Justin. “UP!”




Justin picked up  Brinn. “Ooo, someone needs a change. Let’s go change that stinky diaper.”  He carried her up to her room and changed her. As he took her off the changing table he turned and the world went gray.  He couldn’t stop himself from falling. Instinctively, he turned so Brinn would land on his chest but giving him no way to stop himself. His head clipped the leg of the crib as he hit the floor.  




He didn’t black completely out.  Brinn whimpered as they fell but then she started patting Justin’s face.  “Daddy, sleep? Night Night, Daddy,” Brinn kissed Justin’s cheek.




God, his head hurt.  He moved his hand to his head.  No blood was good. He slowly sat up holding onto Brinn.  “Did I scare you, honey? Daddy’s sorry.” He propped himself against the wall.  “Do you want me to read you a story? Bring me a book.”




Brinn sat on his lap as he made up the story as she flipped the pages. Ten minutes later Justin could open his eyes and his eyesight was back to normal. He sat Brinn down on the ground and slowly stood up.  Other than a headache from hitting the leg, he felt fine. What if he ever did that on the steps. He was so glad John and Tony were getting married but he would be glad when it was done. He needed some time to himself.




Since the wedding was this weekend Gus was spending a couple days at his moms so dinner was just Justin, Brian and Brinn.  Alice, also, took off for the night but dinner was in the oven. Justin was feeding Brinn before the meal came out of the oven.  Justin, unconsciously, rubbed his head. “Daddy, booboo hurt?”




“What booboo is she talking about?” Brian asked Justin.




“Oh, I tripped upstairs and fell. Thankfully, Brinn was fine and I bumped my head on the way down. Nothing serious.”




“I was kind of hoping your booboo was located lower, much lower.” He kissed Justin’s head as he moved his hand down to Justin’s ass but he instantly moved it back up to Justin’s head.  “That is more than a little bump. Are you sure you are Ok?”




Justin lifted his face to Brian and they kissed. “I am just fine.  Could you grab the meal out of the oven. Please?”




They ate dinner and Justin was relieved that Brian carried Brinn up to bed.  He cleaned up the food and then went upstairs. Before Brian was done putting Brinn down, Justin had gotten into bed and had fallen asleep.




“Jus….My prince sleeps.” Brian kissed his cheek and, dropping his clothes in a chair, he laid down and draping his arm around Justin, he closed his eyes and slept.





John had left several message on his mom’s phone but he had not heard back from her.  He knew Peter heard from her once in awhile but he assure John it had been several weeks since she had called him.  He just wanted to invite her to the wedding and tell her she was going to be a grandmother. Peter was out with Becca somewhere and John and Tony were just heading up to bed when John’s phone rang.  Looking at the screen, he said, “It’s my mom.” He just sat on the steps where he was. “Hi Mom.”




“You’ve been calling me,” Claire’s slurred speech told John he had been drinking.




“Glad you called back, Mom.  I just had a couple exciting things to tell you.”




“You been staying out of trouble.  Cops haven’t called me in a couple years.”




“Mom, I have been too busy to get into trouble.”




“You said you had exciting news.  Peter called tonight and told me to call you.”  




John heard her take a drink.  Now he knew why she called. Peter asked her to.  “Mom, I’m getting married on Saturday.”




“What is the other news?”




“You are going to be a grandma.”




“And here I was afraid you were marrying a guy.  What’s her name? When is the baby coming? Can I come to the wedding?  I want to meet her.”




“I would like it if you came to the wedding but I am marrying my boyfriend.”




“So you think it is funny to lie to your mother?” Claire’s voice rose and she took another swallow.  




“Mom, I didn’t lie.  I am marrying Tony but you are going to be a grandmother in November.”




“Ooo did you do that nasty clinic thing?”  




“Mom, it is my child being carried by a friend.” John was meeting his frustration level and Tony laid an arm over John’s shoulder pulling his head down on his shoulder.  “It is obvious, Mom, you are drunk and you still have no respect for me. You are invited to my wedding. If you want to come, talk to Peter. I don’t have time for your negativity.”




John laid the phone down and Tony pulled him close.  “Why can’t she just be happy for me? I have only ever wanted her approval and I will never be able to do that. I don’t think my mother has ever been happy because she has never found unconditional love. Tony stroked John’s cheek and kissed him.




To the men’s surprise two small arms came around their necks.  “I love both of you.” Angelica said as she kissed the top of their heads. “John, I am glad you are marrying my brother because neither of you would be happy without each other.”




“Thank you, Sweetheart,” John turned and gave her a hug.  “I am glad to have you as a sister. And I am glad to have your parents who I hope love me.  I know I am lucky to have the family I have. I don’t need her in my life if that is her attitude.  I just feel bad she can’t be happy.”




“I didn’t mean to spy, really I didn’t, but you told your mom you were having a baby.”




Tony and John looked at each other.  They had planned to keep that from her until they told their parents in Italy. Tony looked at his sister, “Yes, you are going to be an aunt in November.”




She squeezed both their necks so hard they thought they may pass out.  “Who, how?”




“I know you heard we had broken up for a short time.  Well, an old friend of mine was here.”




“Is that Tina?  Gus talks about her but doesn’t like her much.”




“Yes, Tina is Brinn’s mother and now she is going to have our child.”




“I can’t wait to be an aunt.”  She ran up and down the stairs a couple time.




“Angi, please don’t tell mama and papa.  We want to tell them when we get to Italy.”




“I promise! I can keep a secret.”




John stood up and smiled at the young girl.  “And this is why I am a very lucky man.” He kissed Angi on the cheek and then turned to Tony.  He didn’t aim for Tony’s cheek. He took him in his arms and kissed him deeply.




“I will just leave you two alone,” Angi walked back to her room, giggling.




“I have a wonderful idea on how you can make me forget my crazy mother.”




Tony stood and offered his hand to John, “I am sure I can think of something.  Let’s get off these steps so I can kiss you properly.” By the time they got to the door of their room both were shirtless.  




Angi peeked out of her room and started laughing. “Can I watch?”




“Angelina Maria, get in your room and we will do the same.”  Tony opened the door and they slipped in, closing the door behind them.  “This is the last night we will be together until we are married so I think we better make sure we are thorough.”




John started undoing Tony’s fly, “I am all for being thorough.”  He started at Tony’s mouth and began working his way down the olive skin. After spending time on each nipple and then the trail down to his belly button he began working lower.  




Tony whispered, “Mi Amore,” as John took the throbbing cock in his mouth. John was having difficulty restraining himself but he was going to bring Tony to orgasm before he relieved himself, not that he didn’t enjoy this. He found Tony’s prostate to give him more pleasure.   He could never get enough of Tony. Tony bit his tongue so he wouldn’t make too much noise as John’s mouth stayed busy until Tony was spent.




John then positioned himself and slowly entered Tony, using long fluid motions John found a rhythm and watched Tony’s face as he again got an erection.  John leaned over and kissed Tony. He drove in one last time as he emptied himself into Tony. He laid on top of him a few minutes before rolling off of him pulling him along so they were pressed tightly together the length of their bodies.




“In the morning I will move to the main house until after the wedding.  And then I hope we will be spending every night the rest of our lives together.  Ok, it is likely we will have to spend a few apart but very few I hope.”




“Mi Amore, I will be separate from you as little as possible. I cannot go long without being in your arms.  My heart will miss you too much.” Tony kissed John and laid his head on his chest as they fell asleep.





Justin woke up early.  His head was killing him so he reached for some pain reliever and took some. His motion woke Brian enough for him to pull Justin close and started to stroke him.  Even with his head splitting Brian’s hands always excited him. Maybe love would make him forget about his head. At least it would take the time he needed for the pills to take effect.  He offered his back to Brian and as Brian entered Justin, he reached back with his free hand and grabbed Brian’s thigh. They both had pent up energy after going to sleep right away the night before and soon they both exploded.  Brian pulled him close, remaining inside, enjoying the feel of him, his heat. “Brian, I love you.” He said it simply, not flowery, just from the heart.




“Of course you do!”  He chuckled. “I love you, too, Sunshine.”  He rubbed the bump on Justin’s head. “How’s your head?”




“Well, I woke you up when I took something but they have kicked in and with the stress relief you just provides I feel fine. I think I should get up and check on Brinn.  Can you believe it is only two days until the wedding? I wonder if John ever heard from Claire. I wonder if Tina is coming to the wedding. They had invited her before they knew about the baby.  Do you know what time Emmett was coming today? I haven’t heard Alice yet. I better go check on Brinn.” Justin just rambled on and on but really wasn’t thinking about what he said.




“Whoa, are you that excited about the wedding? Take a breath.”




Justin did just that and then kissed Brian which led to more than a kiss.  As they both came again, they heard Brinn. Justin sat up and feeling fine, strode into the nursery. Brian could hear the two of them chatting.  His heart swelled. He loved them so much. He decided once the wedding was over he was sending Justin away for a few days to a spa. He needed a break with no stress.  He deserved it. With Becca still around she could help Alice. Angi would be gone so she wouldn’t have to keep Gus under constant watch. That was first on the list on Monday.




Everyone had a to-do list for the day.  Alice and Justin split Brinn’s care. Justin did set aside a couple hours to frame his wedding gift and headed out there after lunch.  John followed him out. Justin was working on the painting when the door started opening. “John, stop. Give me a second.” He turned the frame and picture so it wasn’t visible from the door.  “Ok, come in.”




John walked in.  “Sorry to bother you.  I know we are all really busy.”  He began walking toward Justin.




“Stay over there, John.  I don’t want you see this before the wedding.”  He saw the look of panic on John’s face. He moved the picture against the wall and waved him over. “Let’s sit.  Is something wrong?”




“I’m just scared.  I’m scared my mom is going to come and ruin everything.  I had to invite her. I know that sounds weird but she is my mom.  I told her about the baby, too. Before the end of the conversation I told her to just talk to Peter.  All he told me was she was coming. I am so confused. And Tina is coming and I don’t have any feelings for her but she will bother Tony.”




“Would you rather she not come? I can call her.”




“Could you?”




“I will do it in a few minutes.”  Justin put his arms around John. “It is your day and you can have what you want.  But now, I really need to get this framing done and I will call Tina.” He wasn’t even sure where she was.  Brian may have already talked to her but he would check and stop her if she planned to attend. He wasn’t sure where Brian was so he called him.  “Hey, Baby, where are you?”


“By the pool taking orders from Em.”




“Can you come to the studio for a few minutes?”




“On my way.”




Brian walked in and took Justin into his arms, running his hands down to Justin’s ass, he pulled him close.  He made it obvious he had plans that hadn’t crossed Justin’s mind. “When have you talked to Tina last? John and Tony would rather she didn’t come.”




“She isn’t coming.  She is working for a client in Colorado until the baby is born.  If she likes it she will stay there.”





“Well, now you may have freed up a few minutes of my time.”



“I am sure I can figure out something to do  with that time and you may be surprised.”




“You don’t want to have sex?”




Brian scooped him off his feet and carried him to the old couch and laid down with him. “Em, has worn me out.  I just want fifteen minutes to feel your body and regenerate through the loving care of your kisses.




Justin started laughing.  “You know damn well we can’t kiss for fifteen minutes without,” his hand slid down to Brian’s crotch and then into his shorts. “Are you sure I can’t convince you to use more than your lips.” He claimed Brian’s mouth and his dick.




Twenty minutes later they laid there naked.  Brian kissed Justin’’s neck. “That was amazing. I was a bit worried about you. You have been a little out of it sometimes lately.”



“I told you I have just been over taxed lately.”




“Which is why next week you are taking two or three days to go to a spa by yourself and just forget the world. And then when you come back hopefully your tensions will be gone, except in the places tension is good.”  He stroked Justin’s cock as he said this.




Brian’s phone began to ring.  “Bet that is Emmett.” He grabbed his pants and pulled out his phone.  




“Yes, Emmett, I will be up there as soon as I can get dressed.”




Justin heard Emmett laugh on the other end.  “Tell Justin if that perky little ass of his is done in the studio I could use him up here too.”




As Brian walked out the door Justin said, “Tell Em I will be up in about 30 minutes.”  




Brian saw Tony, John, Angi, Peter, and Becca  in the pool. He was glad someone was having some fun.  He found Emmett in the kitchen. “So what couldn’t you do without me in the kitchen?”




“I wanted to talk to you alone a minute. Have you noticed Justin acting any different lately?”




“What kind of different?”




“Has he ever seemed spacy or maybe fallen or passed out?”  Emmett really was concerned for Justin.




“He is just under a lot of stress.”




“That’s what he told you, too?  I am fairly sure he had a seizure yesterday.  When he was helping me in the kitchen he didn’t even hear me talking to him when I was right next to him.  Have you seen that?”




“I assured me it was nothing serious.  He’s just stressed and I am sending him to a spa next week.”




“Brian, send him to a doctor, please.  There is definitely something going on but I wouldn’t be happier if a doctor proved me wrong.”




“I can’t force him, Em, but thank you for the heads up and I will try to get him to go in.”




“Brian, you know damn well you can force him and if I were you I would have him at the office Monday morning.”




“You are seriously that concerned?”




“I am, Brian.  I really am.”




“Ok, he will go in Monday.”




“Thank you….oh, here he comes.”




“Just in time, Justin.  I am heading out. I will be here around 4:00 tomorrow to do the rehearsal dinner. There shouldn’t be anything for you to do tomorrow so just relax tomorrow.  Sit by the pool, destress.”




The door opened, “Uncle Brian, Justin can I talk to you?” Peter asked.




Emmett patted Justin’s shoulder.  “Relax.” He kissed his cheek and walked out.




“What is it, Peter?” Brian asked.




“Mom is coming to the wedding.”




“Oh, god, how did she hear about it?”




“John wants her there.  As much as she has hurt him, he still hopes for the approval of Mom. He will never get it. She knows about the baby and she is sure he should marry ‘the girl’ instead.”




“Damn, this is going to be a nightmare.  I can’t be in charge of her. I’d kill her.”




Peter looked at him, “I get that but I will be up front with John so i can’t watch her.” Brian was standing up for Tony.  Gus was also going to stand up for John and Angelica for Tony. Justin was in charge of Brinn after she walked down the aisle.




They both glanced at Justin.  “I will be up front to take Brinn after she walks down the aisle.  I can try to keep her in line during the ceremony anyway. Maybe Brinn will be a good distraction.”




Brian looked at Justin with concerned eyes.  “I don’t want you to have more stress.”




“She isn’t going to have much of an audience which will help.  There is only about 40 to 50 people and half of them...more than half are college aged so she won’t have the crowd she wants to make a scene in front of.” Justin pointed out.




“Just don’t let her bully you or I will step in and kill her.”  




Justin kissed him, “I think I can deal with her.  I just don’t want her to ruin the ceremony for them.”




Brian and Justin welcomed Gus back after dinner and had decided that they would watch a movie and turn a bit of a blind eye to Angi and Gus’ minor behaviors.  They could hold hand and they wouldn’t get angry if they saw a kiss at the end of the night….like a first date. Angi would be gone very early Monday morning and then they didn’t know when they would see each other again. They stayed out of the way the best they could and had given Gus the parameters of what was allowed and what wasn’t.   The main house was going to be quite full tonight. John would be staying there the next two nights while Angi, Tony, and Peter would be in the guest house.




As the movie started the adults made their presence known but no one sat in there with them. The adults played a couple games but then Tony went to the guest house to call his parents.  Peter promised to walk Angelica back to the guest house when her ‘date’ was over and he and Becca sat on the sectional. They held hands and talked quietly.




Brian was fascinated by this. Two healthy adults and they spent time together like the tweens in the theater room.  All he had to do was look at Justin and get a hard on. His husband still turned him on. John sat down by the kitchen island.  As Justin rested against it Brian pinned him against it with his hips pressed into Justin’s ass. Justin stuck it out further making Brian grown.  Brinn had been playing on the floor but she walked over to John. “John, up. UP!” she demanded.” John swung her up and onto the island. He played with her and fed her a snack.  “Nuggle, John.” Brinn held her arms out to him. John pulled her close and her head dropped on his shoulder.




“Let’s go upstairs, sweetheart.  I am sure you are about ready for bed.  Let’s go read a book. I will take this little beauty upstairs to bed.”


“Thanks, John.  It’s good practice for you. Can I have a kiss before you go to bed, Brinny?” Justin help out his hands and she walked across the island to him and threw herself at him.




“Nigh, nigh, Daddy,” She kissed him and then dropped over toward Brian.  “Kiss, Dad, kiss.”




Brian picked her up off the counter and danced with her around the island a couple of times and then stopped at John.  Brian handed his daughter to John where she nestled right back into his arms.




“I know you are scared shitless about becoming a father but you are going to be amazing, John.”  Brian kissed him on the cheek and then kissed Brinn again. “We will be here for you, just down the road from your place. You know how to be a parent, John, because you know how to love and be loved.”




John swallowed hard. “Thanks to you. Uncle Brian, and to you,” he looked at Justin.  And he left the room.





“We should probably go check on the tweens,” Brian said.  “We could go make out in the back row and be very bad examples.” He pulled him in for a deep kiss.




“Let’s go see how much of the show is left,” they  walked hand in hand to the theater room. Just as they peeked in they saw Gus sway and kiss Angi’s cheek.  




Justin and Brian stepped back out and Justin put his arms around Brian’s waist. They stood in the hall braced against the wall and kissed. They heard what sounded like the final credits.  Now as they walked in they watched Gus and Angi standing in front of the screen. Angi put her arms around Gus’ neck and Gus put his hands on her hips. They slowly moved in until their lips met.  The kiss was short but heartfelt. Justin and Brian again took a step back.




“Hey, Brian, sounds like the final credits are playing.”  Justin said loud enough that Gus and Angelica knew they were there and they stepped apart. “Well, was the movie good?”




Both kids were a little flushed.  Angi said, “Yes, it was.”




“That’s good.  Peter is waiting for you in the kitchen, Angi. He can walk you home.” Justin let her know. “Gus, you better head to bed. It is going to be a laid back day tomorrow until the rehearsal in the evening but we have all been really busy the last few days. We’ll stop in your room once we lock up.”




Peter kissed Becca’s cheek and left with Angi. Becca went to her room.  After locking up and turning off the lights they went to Gus’ room. They knocked and walked in.   “So how was your first date?” Brian asked him.




“Pop, it wasn’t a date, was it?”




“Well, I would say it was.  Just because you stayed in the house doesn’t mean it wasn’t a date.”




Justin hugged Gus, “I hope it was just the way you wanted it to be.”




Gus gave him a genuine hug.  “It was, Dad. I am going to miss her, so much.” He hung on to Justin just another minute.




“Soon, school will be started again.  You will make new friends and I am betting there will be other boys or girls you would be interested in.”




“Dads, does it bother you if I like girls?  I mean I don’t know yet but if I do?”




Brian looked his son in the eye and said, “Gus, as long as you are happy and with a good person, I don’t care who you date.” Gus gave Brian a hug and they said goodnight.





Brian and Justin peaked in on a sleeping Brinn and then walked into their room.  They both took off their clothes except for their briefs and climbed into bed.




“Did your headache come back?”  Brian noticed Justin rub his head.




“Nothing serious.  How sweet were Gus and Angelica tonight?  Our son was a perfect gentleman.”




“Who the hell did he get that from? Just kidding.  We’re raising a really good kid.”




“Yes, we are.”




“Now, back to your headaches.  You are going to the doctor on Monday morning.”




“You’ve been talking to Em.”




“He’s worried about you and now, so am I. Justin, I am not as strong as you.  I could never make it around here without you.”




“Brian, I am not dying, I am getting headaches that I am fairly sure are just from stress.”




“What about when you space off? What is that from? And now that I think about it, when you fell with Brinn, is that what happened?”




“I’m going to sleep, Brian. We have a crazy couple days ahead and if I have to be your sister’s keeper I am really going to need some rest.”




“Justin, I promise this is the last thing I will say about it until Monday but, Sunshine, if you get a headache or feel dizzy, don’t be a hero.  Sit down a while or come take a nap and promise me, you won’t carry Brinn if you feel that way.”




Justin turned into Brian. “I would kill myself before I would hurt her.”




“I know, Sunshine.  I know.” He stroked Justin’s back until he was sure he was asleep.  He then pulled Justin close. Nothing can happen to him. I love him too much and Brinn….he couldn’t go there.





Friday morning Alice made a big breakfast that was ready when anyone was hungry.  When Brian and Justin woke up Brian changed Brinn and brought her down for Alice to feed.  He ordered Justin to stay where he was and that he would be back. “Alli, Alli!” Brinn reached for her.




“I think she missed you while you were gone.”  Brian said.




“The feeling is mutual.”  She gave Brinn a snuggle.




“Alice, have you notice Justin acting differently at all the last couple weeks?”




“Different how?”




“Has he complained of headaches or have you seen him lose his balance or space off?”




“Actually, a couple times he has been in his own little world and he always just said he had so many things going on, which was true.”




“He is going to the doctor on Monday but he fell with Brinn yesterday.  That worries me the most. If he ever hurt by accident he would never forgive himself.”




“I’ll volunteer to keep Brinn with me as much as possible without being obvious.”




“Thanks, Alice.”  As they had been talking Brian had been filling up a plate with fruit and pastries as well as a carafe of coffee.  “We will be down later.” and he was gone.




When Brian returned to their room, Justin was laying in the middle of the bed gently stroking himself.  Without a word, Brian set down the tray and joined Justin. As Brian claimed Justin’s mouth, he also claimed his soul.




Justin and Brian looked very relaxed when they arrived downstairs.  Gus and Angi were already out by the pool. They were playing a game of some kind by one of the tables.  Justin felt sorry for the two of them. They really had become good friends and now they would be thousands of miles apart.  John and Tony were stretched out on the double lounge chair with Brinn between them and Peter and Becca sat side by side in two chairs.




Brian pulled Justin to him. “What are you thinking about?”




“Our family.  I was thinking how much love we have here.  I love watching Peter and Becca start a relationship.  It is so obvious they like each other but it is changing.  Did you hear she is moving out to the guest house but in her own room?”




“Ya, I don’t understand that part but if he wants her and those are her rules….” Brian kissed his head.




“Is your sister going to cause trouble tomorrow?”




“I hate to say it but I would guess she will. I don’t dare go near her. It would be an instant yelling match so if you want to just lay down the law right away, go for it. I know you can do it sweetly but sternly.”




“I hope you are right.  I want the day to be perfect for them.  I know Peter will take care of her after the ceremony and she may almost be pleasant with Becca at his side.” Justin was always thinking about his family. He felt a bit lightheaded so rested against Brian who pulled him closer not thinking about it in terms of weakness. Justin turned to face him and draped his arms over Brian’s shoulders. This steadied him until the wave was over.  He truly could stay in this man’s arms forever. There was no place he’d rather be. Who was he trying to fool, he didn’t like the way he had been feeling and it was starting to scare him now. It was happening more frequently. He didn’t realize he was tightening his grip.”




“Sunshine, is something wrong?”




“No, I just love you so much. The wedding must be putting me in the mood.”




“You rarely have trouble getting you in that mood.  And everytime we make love I have no doubt you love me.” Brian started the kiss with brushing his lips against Justin’s but soon both were highly involved.  Their tongues danced and their hands explored.. They both forgot where they were. Brian started to take off Justin’s shirt as Alice walked in the kitchen.




Alice saw Gus and Angi standing outside the door watching Gus’ dads. “Gentlemen, you have an audience and this is definitely not the place to go any further.”




“Shit,” Brian mumbled as he and Justin both took some deep breaths trying to regain control. “Damn, I just can’t get enough of you.”




Justin looked into Brian’s eyes, “I am very glad of that.”




As they turned around they saw Angi and Gus holding hands just on the other side of the glass doors.  They walked into the house but neither could look at the men. “Alice, may we have a soda, please.”




Alice smiled, “Help yourselves but the next drink is water, alright?”  Both kids agreed as they grabbed a drink and rush outside again. After they were out the door, Alice looked at Justin. “Sit down.  Is your balance back? That is why you turned to hang onto Brian, isn’t it?”




Justin walked over and sat on one of the island stools.  “It wasn’t my balance. I just felt lightheaded.”




Brian looked at Justin.  “How often have you been lying to me or withholding stuff?”




Justin slumped.  It started maybe a month ago.  Not often. Maybe twice a week I would get light headed or get a bad headache.  It got worse with the wedding and the B & B. I really thought it was just stress until the day at the B & B.  I didn’t remember what I was doing there. I had no idea what time it was.” He looked up at Brian and finally admitted, “I’m scared, Brian.”




“Oh, Sunshine…..” They clung to each other.




Alice said, “I’m calling your mom and getting the name of the neurologist who did your surgery before. I will get you in first thing Monday no matter what. If he isn’t available, someone will make it work.”




“Justin you need to just go to our room.  You need to….”


“I need to act normally until after the wedding.  I will not ruin this wedding. If I feel something coming on I will make an excuse and sit down. We can not add stress to these two.  It is their day.”




Brian and Alice looked at each other and nodded.





The rehearsal was low key.  Shorts and T-shirts were the dress code.  Emmett had the food ready and he manned the grill at the upscale cookout.  When Brian found Em alone by the grill he walked up to him. “Thank you, Emmett.  Justin admitted to everything that has been going on and we are going in first thing Monday.” In an unexpected move Brian hugged Emmett for a moment and softly said, “I’m scared, Em.  It’s his head again. I can’t lose him.”




“Brian Fuckin’ Kinney never loses something he wants.”  Emmett wished he was sure of that.





Tony and John stood by the pool for a long time saying good night. “Are you as nervous as I am?”  John asked Tony as they stood in the moonlight.




“John, we have no reason to be nervous.  We love each other. There is nothing more perfect then our love.”




“What about my mother?”




“Our friends will keep her in line. Maybe my charm and good looks will win her over.”  Tony smiled at John and kissed him. “Mi Amore, I love you and cannot wait to be with my husband tomorrow night in our future home.”  The kiss was long and sweet. Tony broke from him and ran to the guest house. As he ran he yelled, “I love you, John!”




John yelled back, “I love you, Antony.”  Angi grabbed John around the waist.




“I love you, too, John.”  John leaned down and Angi kissed his cheek.  “I love you, too, sweetheart.”




“John, I will be right back.  I am going to walk Angi back to the guest house and will be right back.”  Gus told John as he took Angi’s hand.




John watched them as they followed the path walking slower than he had ever seen them walk.  He would have to make sure he spend a little time with Gus when they get back.





Brian and Justin were sitting by the island.  They were feeding Brinn a snack before carrying her to bed.  Brian had his arm protectively around Justin. That struck John odd for some reason but considering the time of night he may just be revving up for bed. “Hey, guys, I am heading up to bed. Gus is walking Angi to the guest house but he promised to be back in a few minutes.”



Brian didn’t take his eyes off Justin and Brinn.  “Thanks, John. Hope you can get some sleep.”




As he was leaving the room he looked back at them. His uncle had a look he hadn’t seen before. “Is everything alright?”




“Just fine, John. Hey, would you mind carrying Miss Thing upstairs.  We will be upstairs as soon as Gus comes along. Brinn loves it when you read to her.”




Now John was really curious but it was not his business, “Come here, Beautiful, let’s go put on your sleeper and read a story.”  John continued his conversation with with Brinn. “So what are your daddies doing?”



“Daddy booboo. Kiss better.”




“Well, if anyone can kiss something better it is your daddies.” He hugged the little girl and got her ready for bed.





Gus walked Angi to the guest house.  Holding her hand he turned to look at her. “Angi, I really like you.  I’m going to miss you.” He moved closer and slowly brought his lips to hers.  He pressed them there for a full minute and then he ran off toward the main house. Wow, he had never felt like this before.  He had parts of himself react like he had only heard of. He wasn’t sure his feet were even touching the ground. As he approached the house he saw his dads in each others arms, as usual.  Maybe now he understood what the draw was.




“Hey, dads, I’m back. I’m going to my room.”  




Justin smiled, “Gus, did you have a nice walk with Angi.”




“I did.”  He gave each of them a kiss. “Goodnight.”  And off he ran.




Brian quickly locked up and turned off lights.  “I need to talk to Alice a minute and then we can go upstairs. Wait here.”




“Brian, I am not helpless,” He stood up but sat down again. The room was spinning. “I will wait here for you.  I am really tired.”




Brian needed to talk to Alice.  His worry meter was off the charts. He knocked softly.




“Come in.”




“Hey, can I talk to you a minute?”




“Sure, Brian.”




“Alice, what do you think it is?  I mean he has just…..he seems so……”




“I’m not a doctor but I would say it is obviously related to his previous injury.  It could be too many things for me to make a suggestion. Call me if you need me but you know he is too stubborn not to go all out for this wedding.”




“I hate feeling scared and right now I am petrified.”




There was another knock on the door.  “Brian, will you stop talking about me and come to bed.  I thought we were taking a bath.”




“Coming, Sunshine.”




“Positive attitude and little stress.”  Alice said quietly as Brian nodded and left.




Brian placed his arm around Justin’s waist and they walked up to their room.  “I’ll start the water.” Brian said.




“I’m going to check Brinn and will be back.” Justin walked into the nursery.  John was sitting in the rocker with a sleeping Brinn. “Everything good in here?”




“Justin, I’m going to be married tomorrow and in four months I am going to be a father.  I don’t know if I am ready for this.”




“What would you change? You love Tony and maybe you would have waited for a baby but since one is on the way would you want it any different?”




John kissed Brinn’s head.  “No, I wouldn’t change anything.”  He stood and walked to the bed. He laid her down and turned and hugged Justin. Giving him a kiss on the cheek.  “Thanks, Justin.”




“Go get some sleep.  Tomorrow is a big day.”




Justin started undressing as he walked into the bathroom.  Brian was already soaking. He held up his hand and Justin took it as he stepped in the warm fragrant water. Justin sat between Brian’s legs and brian wrapped his arms around Justin and pulled him close. Justin relaxed in his arms. Neither spoke for five minutes.  Finally Justin spoke, “Brian, we need to talk.”




“Let’s just relax, Sunshine.”




“This can’t wait. I don’t know what is going on, Brian, but if I…”




“Justin, don’t go there. Nothing is going….”


“Brian, I have had a head injury before.  I know how serious this might be. Brian, you have to promise me to take care of Brinn.”




Brian tightened his hold around  Justin and kissed his head. “Justin, please.”




“You need to promise you will keep living. Find someone to love, someone who will love you and our kids. I know how much you love them.  I’m not really worried about them, it’s you that concerns me.”Justin was sure Brian was crying because he felt the dampness on his hair. “Brian, we don’t know that there is anything to worry about. I just think we need to talk about this.  My mom will help if you need anything. She……”




“Stop! Please stop.”  Brian’s voice quavered.  “Nothing is going to happen to you.” His mind was spinning, knowing that if Justin died he would too. He would die of a broken heart.




Brian realized Justin had fallen asleep. He knew he had to pull himself together.  He didn’t want to add any stress on him. Brian took a couple deep breaths and slowly started to wash Justin’s chest and then down to his genitals. Even in his sleep Justin responded to Brian. He half turned over so he could reach Brian’s mouth.  He greedily claimed Brian’s. Brian hadn’t planned on having sex with him tonight. He really thought Justin would be too tired but right now he needed to feel this man anyway he could. Justin managed to straddle Brian and Brian held his dick as Justin sat on him slowly.  Justin laid against Brian, feeling Brian deep inside of him. He was really tired but tightened and loosened his muscles around Brian’s cock. He looked up at Brian’s closed eyes. Tears glistened in the corners of his eyes as Brian and Justin both came with no shouts, no big motions. They joined as one.  That was the moment they both became whole.




After a few more minutes, Justin began to stand up. He held tightly to the edge of the tub as he stepped out.  He saw the worried look on Brian’s face. “Stop worrying. I feel fine. I just didn’t want to take any chances as I stood up.  If you get out and dried off I promise I will show you just how good I am feeling.” Brian stood up and got out. “In fact, I think...” He slid his bare hand over Brian’s firm ass and then between his cheeks with a finger finding the spot it was looking for.  “I’m going to fuck you so you know there is nothing wrong with me. Now move it.”




It was early when Brian heard John in with Brinn.  He moved and felt a low ache in his ass. What he normally hated was a pleasure this morning.  Well, with Justin he never hated it. It just reminded him of his vital, loving husband. He reached for Justin and pulled him close. After kissing him he said, “Good morning.”




Justin’s hand skimmed down Brian’s back and he smacked Brian’s ass. He sent a devious smile over at Brian and said, “I’m thinking you are feeling a little pain.”




“Oh, but it is the best kind.” Brian moved in on Justin and soon they were wrestling in the bed. Just as Brian was positioning Justin to enter him there was a knock on the nursery door.  “One minute.” As they grabbed the sheet to cover themselves they heard Brinn’s little fist on the door.




“Dad! Dad! Dad!”       




“Come in.”




“Daddiiiiiieeeee.” Brinn reached toward the bed and John set her down so she scrambled to the spot between her dads. She started hitting the mattress. “John, John,” making it obvious she wanted John to sit on the bed, too.




John looked between Justin and Brian.  




“Come on in,” Brian said. “I have learned never to argue with this woman.”




The four sat on the bed for several minutes.  John’s cell phone beeped and he saw it was a text from Tony. ‘Good Morning, Mi Amore. I will see you soon, my love.’




John responded, “Soon, darling.”




The wedding was at noon followed by a reception around the pool.  It was mostly college kids and family members. The wedding party was wearing black trousers, white button downs, and deep jewel tone vests. Peter stood up for John and Brian stood up for Tony.  Angi and Gus were junior attendants and, of course, Brinn was the flower girl. Justin would be there to sit with Brinn once she was down the aisle and Becca promised to help with Claire.




Peter hoped if he introduced his mother to his new girlfriend it would keep her attention long enough for the wedding to be completed. He waited at the door until Claire arrived and immediately went out to greet her.  “Hi, Mom, nice to see you. I want to introduce you to someone special.”


“What happened to that slut you moved in with?” so she had already started drinking before lunch.




Becca offered her hand to Claire.  “It is a pleasure to meet you, may I call you Claire? My name is Becca.”  Claire shook her hand and Becca was glued to her side. “Peter will be up front so I hope you don’t mind sitting with me.”  




Peter smiled a thankful smile at Becca. “Mom, let’s find John before the wedding.  Now, Mom, I know you don’t agree with his lifestyle but Tony is a wonderful man and they love each other.” Claire visibly shivered in repulsion. “Mom, don’t ruin his day, please.”




“I didn’t come here to ruin his day. I came because I haven’t seen him in over two years.  He is my son, even if he is a sinner.”






Becca rolled her eyes at Peter when Claire couldn’t see her. “Becca why don’t you bring mom into the theater room and I will find John.  That way they can have a little privacy.” And Peter thought, that way I can warn him.


“Claire, have you ever been to Brian’s home? It is such a lovely place.  Let me show you around while Peter gets John.” Becca took her through the formal living room where Claire looked closely at the painting above the fireplace. Her sons were in it with Tony and Tiffany.




“I can’t believe he has my sons hanging on his wall.  And the slut, what was her name, Tiffany, is on it. Don’t you hate that.”




“They are still friends.  They just grew apart. Peter and I are really just friends yet.  But your son, both of your sons are special men.” They walked through the kitchen family area where Emmett’s crew was working.  She led her into the theater room. Claire stood there with her mouth open.




“No wonder my boys don’t want to visit me.  They live in a palace.”




“They actually don’t live here. There is a guest house in the back that they live in.”




John walked in dressed for his wedding.  “Hi, Mom. Glad you could come.”




Claire turned around, seeing John for the first time in over two years.  He had grown into a man during that time. Claire took a step toward her eldest son and then stopped. John walked up to her and gave her a hug. Claire was very uncomfortable. She patted his back in a stilted hug.  “You look good. You are all grown up.”




“I have one semester of college left.  So does Tony. We are then going into business with Uncle Brian.”




“Of course you are, the gay savior with all the money will hook you up.  Unlike your mother who struggles to stay afloat. I am sorry I couldn’t give you all the things money could afford.”




Peter stepped in.  “Mom, Uncle Brian gives us a lot more than money.  He and Justin, they are both so amazing. I know you knew Brian had a son but did you know he and Justin have a daughter, Brinn.  They will both be in the wedding. John, I bet you have a couple things to do before the wedding. I will be up in just a minute. Mom, Becca will help you find your special seat and she will be next to you to keep you company.”  Peter followed John up the backstairs.




Becca showed Claire out onto the pool area which was next to the lawn where the wedding was being held. As they walked out a little blond streak flew past and Becca reached out and grabbed Brinn swinging her in the air.  Gus was right behind her. “Dad asked me to bring in to get her dressed and finish dressing myself.” Gus looked over at Claire.




“Gus, this is your Aunt Claire, Peter and John’s mom.  Claire this is Gus and Brinn, Brian and Justin’s children.”




“Nice to meet you.  I have to go.”




As Gus carried Brinn in she waved at Claire, “Bye.”




“I was hired to help with those two this summer, plus Tony’s sister who spent the summer here from Italy.  I am not sure what I will be doing the fall to earn my keep but I will be staying on while I go to school.”




As Becca had talked she had led Claire down to the shaded area the chairs were set up in.  The ceremony was going to start in a few minutes. Claire looked at the two other seats in their row. “Who else is sitting with us?”




“Justin and Brinn if she will let go of John.  Those two have a very strong bond.”




A guitar started playing softly and Brian and Peter walked down the aisle and took their places. Next, Gus and Angi walked down.  They held hands as they walked and separated when they got to the front. Next it was Brinn’s turn. Justin set her down in the back and she toddled her way up the aisle.  She had to stop and Ted and Blake to say, “Baby,” as she saw them with their son. Brian sat on his haunches and said her name softly and she ran the rest of the way so he swept her up in his arms.




Alice and Justin walked up the side aisle and Justin sat next to Becca while Alice sat in the row behind. As Justin sat down he nodded at Claire. She nodded back and immediately looked up at Peter.




Now everyone stood to watch the grooms.  Tony had walked up from the Guest House while John waited in the main house until Emmett gave him the word. John’s breath caught when he saw Tony walking up. He loved this man so much. As they met at the end of the aisle they held hands and both mouthed words of love.  As they started down the aisle Justin gripped the back of his chair as the world started spinning for a minute. Alice put her hand over his so he looked at her. She mouthed the words asking if he was OK and he nodded.




Tony and John moved up the aisle hand in hand. When Brinn saw them she shouted, “My John, come.”  When John got to the front he took her for a second for a hug and kiss and then brought her down to Justin. Justin started standing but then decided he would just let John bring her all the way. “Daddy!”  Brinn willingly went into Justin’s arms.




Claire looked over at them.  It was obvious he was the biological father of that child.  She noticed the easy way all of them handled the little girl.  And she could see what a happy child Brinn was.




Tony and John didn’t have formal vows.  They spoke from the heart. They both spoke of mistakes they had made and that it made love that much stronger.  They talked about the children they would have and they talked about growing old together. Justin glanced at Claire and wondered if that was a tear in her eye.  Even if she wasn’t happy for them she may realize what she is missing out on.




The officiant declared they were now legally married and they could kiss. John took Tony’s face between his hands as Tony put his arms around John’s waist and their lips met. As the kiss deepened a cheer went up from the guests. Tony and John separated and John said, “Thank you, everyone, for making this a very special day.  Please come join us in a celebration over in the pool area.




As Justin stood with Brinn he swayed.  “Justin, why don’t you let me take this little one in and get her a little drink before the fun begins.” As Justin handed Brinn to Alice she softly said, “That’s twice now you have almost fallen over. Find a place to sit in the shade and try to stay put or have Brian nearby.  Brian had followed the wedding party.




Justin leaned toward Becca, “I am going to hold onto your arm as we walk out.  I will explain later. Becca and Justin followed Claire as she walked to the reception.  John brought Tony over to meet his mom as soon as she was near. She was polite but very quiet and as soon as she had the opportunity she was at the bar.




Becca felt Justin lean on her.  “Is something wrong, Justin?”




“Don’t say a word to John and Tony but I haven’t been feeling too well the last couple days.  I am going into the doctor on Monday but I don’t want to worry them. It is just sort of a migraine thing. Please just don’t say anything.”




“I won’t.  Let me know if you need anything.”




Brian looked for Justin and saw him holding onto Becca.  He knew that wasn’t good but he also didn’t want to go near his sister so once Claire had made her way to the bar, Brian came over.  “Hello, darling.” Brian kissed Justin. “Thanks, Becca, looks like you are doing a great job on a tough assignment”




“Oh dealing with Justin isn’t that bad.”  She winked at them both and headed back to find Claire.  




“I really like that girl.” Brian held Justin in his arms and swayed to the music playing.  He brought his mouth to Justin’s ear. “Are you dizzy or blacking out?”




“Brian, I am just a bit dizzy.  Really I am fine. The wedding was perfect for these two.  I do want to go congratulate them. Come with me?”




Brian left his arm around Justin’s waist and they walked over to the couple. Justin hugged and kissed both of them. “The wedding was beautiful.  It is obvious how much in love you are. Enjoy the party but remember that by 3:00 I expect the two of you to be out of here on the way to your B & B for your first evening together.  Emmett has a special dinner waiting over there for the two of you and don’t worry, Angelica will be fine. John, your mom came and she didn’t try to stop the wedding. I think that is about the most we can expect from her right now.”  




“Thanks, Justin, and yes I plan to drive out of here at 3:00 o’clock sharp.” John turned and kissed Tony deeply and long enough for both of them to be flushed.




As they were heading off to talk to other friends Tony looked back, “We will say goodbye before we leave. Claire spent most of her time near the bar with Peter and Becca.  Peter did the best to limit her and she was at least being pleasant to Becca. A couple times she was going to start talking about Brian or John and they just directed the conversation onto another topic.  Brian had found a place in the shade for Justin to sit and he was close by. He had so far been successful in staying away from Claire and they actually had nodded at each other across the patio. He hoped that was as close as they would be.  As Tony and John were getting ready to leave Brian and Justin walked over and said goodbye. Brian handed John his black AmEx card. “Use this if you need anything at the Villa.” Staff will be there two weeks from today for your time there. Give your parents our love and if they need anything, Tony, let me know.”




Angelica came over and gave her brother and new brother hugs and she said she would see that late tomorrow to head to Italy.  “Don’t worry, Tony. Becca said she would help me get everything packed tomorrow.” And with all the other goodbyes said Tony and John drove away in the ‘Vette.”




Brian looked at Justin, “ I need to talk to Ted a couple minutes.  How are you feeling?”




“I am going to walk over there and relax in the chair in the shade. I am feeling fine right now.”  Brian kissed him and headed over to Ted and Blake to let Ted know he wouldn’t be in on Monday.




Justin sat down and realized how close Peter, Becca, and Claire were.  As he sat there Claire changed the direction she was standing and she saw him sitting there.  She had been drinking for almost two straight hours now and she was getting louder and crasser.  


“Peter, why don’t you come back and live with me.  Your room is still just like it was when you left.”




“Mom, my life is here now.  I am doing really well in college and I like being around Uncle Brian and Justin. And I love their kids.”




“You mean their bastards?  I know how the boy was born. It is obvious the girl is Justin’s bastard.  She looks just like him. What did they do, hire some slut to have a baby for them?”


Justin was listening to every word she said and she was directing most of them at him directly. “Your uncle seems to be able to buy anything.  What’s he offered you to stay away from me, Peter?”




“Mom, you are way off base.”




“He always thought money could buy anything.  Maybe he was right.” She looked directly at Justin.  “Is he still paying you? Why else would you stay with him?”




Justin was on his feet before he could think about it. “Brian, paying me?  I don’t need his money and if he was penniless I would not care. Your brother is kind and loving.  He is the most amazing father I have ever seen,” By now they had got people’s attention. Brian was just coming out of the house when Justin flew out of his chair. Justin continued, “ Just because you never learned out to love don’t take it out on him.  Brian would give his life for anyone one of our family and that includes your sons.” Justin was swaying now and grabbed for a chair. “Money isn’t what makes him a man. His heart….” Justin crashed to the ground. Brian watched his head bounce off the pavement.




“JUSTIN!”  Brian dropped to his knees next to him.  “Oh, god, no! No, no, no! Phone, where’s my phone? I need a towel! Where’s a towel?”  Gus ran up to his dads with a couple towels. Blake was on the phone with 911 and Alice was right next to Brian and Justin.  




Alice looked at Becca, “Please take the kids inside.”  




“I’m not going anywhere. What’s wrong with Daddy?”  tears were rolling down Gus’ cheeks.




Becca was holding Brinn and Alice nodded to take her in.




Peter kneeled by Gus and put an arm around him.  He looked from Alice to Brian. Alice was pressing the towels against Justin’s head. She looked at the wound.  “Brian, the cut on his head is superficial. I don’t think the fall will have caused any damage.”




Brian wasn’t hearing Alice.  He was transported back to a parking garage where he held Justin in a puddle of blood he stood up and looked for the attacker like he did 13 years ago.  He lunged at Claire. Blake stopped him. “Brian, you need to focus on Justin right now. The ambulance is arriving. Ted and I will follow the ambulance. Save your energy for Justin.  He needs you.”




As the paramedics arrived, Alice told them everything she knew.  Brian was shutting down. “Sunshine, I’m here.” He looked directly at his family members. “Do not tell Tony and John anything.  He doesn’t want them to know anything.” He then returned into himself. “He held onto Justin’s hand as they rolled the gurney to the ambulance. “Justin, you can’t go, yet.  We aren’t done, yet. God, I need you, Baby. Brinn and Gus need you.” And then Brian was silent. His lips were moving but whatever he was saying was an interdialog.




Alice had no doubt Justin heard every word he thought and she prayed he was telling Justin to fight because he needed every ounce of strength he could get.




The gurney was loaded on the ambulance and, after Brian got in, the doors were shut. Brian clung to Justin’s hand as he felt his own life drain away.