- Text Size +

CHAPTER 16 - FLOCKING OF FEATHERS LEADS TO GRANDMOM...WHO KNOWS BEST

 

SANDRINE’S HOUSE - TWO DAYS LATER

LOUNGE

GRIM

I don’t know where the hell he puts it! I smile as Twinkle comes trotting back with a large bag of candy. He, Snook and Matthias are like naughty schoolchildren. I shake my head at Roman as he attempts to take the large soda out of his boy’s hands.

 

“Me and Twinkle will share.” He pleads. He loves soda almost as much as he loves Roman. “Please?”

 

“With Matthias too…” He nods furiously. “...go and get a couple more g̫l̫a̫s̫s̫e̫s̫ then.” He looks across at me, knowing full well that Snook is going to drink the lot!

 

“So what’s the plan?” Roman asks with a smile a̫s̫ o̫u̫r̫ b̫o̫y̫s̫ s̫t̫a̫r̫t̫ t̫o̫ chatter amongst themselves.

 

“We’re waiting for Slick and Annabee to come, Then Claire is coming with her friend.”

 

“So happy, Master!” Twinkle trills as he comes over and crawls in my lap. Normally I would make him abide by the rules of our relationship, but not here. This is his family home, and their rules take precedence. “Do you think she will cook us some of those scrummy wings we had at their wedding?”

 

“Yes, Twinkle, I think she will.” I reply, and he kisses me happily, tasting of toffee. “Now can you get me a drink, please? A whisky, your choice, but no ice, that is for later.” His eyes smoulder. “It is in the freezer already. And…” I am interrupted in my teasing by a lusty wail that means only one thing...Annabee is here!

 

“Just coming, Miss Grumpity Pants!” Matthias calls out, and heads to the door. He comes in less than a minute later with his niece in full snit, and a very unimpressed Slick behind him. “So what’s up with her?” He yells over the ever increasing volume.

 

“Don’t know!” Slick yells back, she looks so tired. “She’s been like this since she had her breakfast, and I can’t get her to stop!”

 

I look at Annabee as she cries and wiggles in Matthias’s arms, going redder and redder in the face and pulling at her top.

 

“No, Annabee, you have to keep your clothes on!” Matthias pulls at her hand to stop her tugging then pauses. “Slick, what’s this?” He is looking at Annabee’s wrist.

 

I get up to have a look, her little wrist has red lumps. “Give her to me.” I order. He obeys quickly and I put her on the sofa. I pull off her top as gently as I can and gasp.

 

‘Oh my God!” Slick cries as she takes in the lump covered chest of Annabee. “She was not like that this morning!”

 

I press her forehead. “She’s not hot…” I look at her stomach and quickly take off her trousers the lumps extend all the way down her legs. “...how long she been crying?!”

 

“Since I gave her…” Slick starts to say, then we are stunned into silence as Annabee cries slow and soon she is just snuffling then reaching for Slick. “...I don’t understand. It's all over her!”

 

“What did she eat?” Roman demands inspecting her back.

 

“The usual breakfast: eggs and beans.”

 

“Where the fuck did that come from?!” Lindon exclaims as he comes in and sees his daughter.

 

“Trying to find out. Did you feed her anything different this morning?!” Slick raps out.

 

“No, same organic eggs and beans as usual. Jesus, that looks like measles!”

 

“She’s had her shots. You cried more than her, remember? Maybe it's Polo’s things? Remember, she slept with him last night.”

 

“She slept with him? What, in his basket?” I echo before quickly wiping the look of revulsion off my face.

 

“No, of course not! He slept on her bed, but had his b̫i̫n̫k̫y̫, I mean b̫l̫a̫n̫ket, with him.” Slick retorts then frowns. “Is it me or are they fading?” We all stare at Annabee and sure enough the lumps are starting to go down. “We are burning that fucking binky!” She declares.

 

“We are not!” Lindon objects. “First it is cashmere, and secondly, why would she have a reaction to it now?”

 

“Uh, Master…” Snook interrupts and we look at him. He waits for Roman to nod that he can continue. “...maybe she’s allergic to what she’s wearing? It looks like dermatitis to me. I get it sometimes, especially with anything with rayon in it. Brings me up in seconds, so painful.”

 

Slick gives this some thought. ‘Maybe get her allergy tested? We sure as hell aren’t getting anything from the mother as to her allergies.” She kisses the top of Annabee’s head as she starts to suck on her thumb. “My poor little bumble. Mommy didn’t know.”

 

“Allergies and dermatitis have a tendency to pop up unexpectedly, blindsiding a lot of people.” We turn to the voice behind us and there is a distinguished looking man standing next to Aunt Sandy. “May I take her?”

 

“Who are you?” Slick demands backing up a bit.

 

“Slick, darling, worry not. Everyone, this is George Schickel, Dr George Schickel. We will do formal introductions afterwards. Now let him look at her.”

 

She hands her over and he checks her quietly before nodding. “Yes, this is definitely contact dermatitis. I recommend rosehip oil.” He hands her back to Slick, who looks like she wants to weep with relief. He picks up the outfit that she was wearing and looks at the label. “Cashmere mix, excellent taste. First time she's worn it?”

 

“Yes. Her godfathers got it for her. We washed it before she wore it though.” Lindon replies, looking up from his phone, before turning it to George. “Which one of these would be best?”

 

“Any organic one will...this one.” He replies quickly at the pleading look from Lindon.

 

“Snook, what’s the detergent we use again?”

 

“Fairy.” Snook replies before heading to his bag. He rifles through it before bringing a small bottle to Roman. “I felt itchy this morning, so packed this. Maybe she could use some on the sorer parts?”

 

“Excellent idea.” Roman beams, and less than ten minutes later we are all beaming at a dozing, sucking on her thumb, Annabee. “She really is a beautiful little girl. There is no way that those three are using her as a pawn in this game of theirs.”

 

“Now everyone sit and have brandies if need be. As I said, this is George Schickel, he is the birth father of Lynette.” Sandrine explains. “George, let me introduce you to everyone else…”

 

FORTY MINUTES LATER

GEORGE

Furious does not come close to my rage right now! I was mad enough when I found out about her abominable treatment of Lynette. Hearing how she behaved with Slick, and how Lindsay was so cavalier and callous made me apoplectic. I sip the brandy and adjust Annabee slightly. Seems we have bonded, I check where we applied the oil and it is definitely helping.

 

“I can do it for you.” I smile at Lindon, who looks confused. “The allergy testing. I can get that sorted for you tomorrow. She needs - you three need - rest today. Sandrine has my number, get it from her and call me; I will come over with the necessary.”

 

“Thanks George.” He replies, quietly looking down at Slick who has joined her daughter in sleep. “So, boys, what’s the New York plan? You still going?”

 

“Yes, end of the week...oh, that reminds me, Twinkle, can you check your Bliss supplies so we can do a restock?”

 

“Oh, yes, Master!” He squeals and kisses him on the cheek. “Thank you! Oh...Aunt Sandy, can I get it?!” He cries as the doorbell goes. “Pretty please?!”

 

“Yes you can.” She grins then beams at me as he scampers to the door. “Such a darling boy.”

 

“Yeah I know.” Grim murmurs proudly.

 

“Claire! Oh, who are you?” He asks.

 

“Let us in and I can explain!” Claire laughs and we all turn to the door.

 

TEN MINUTES LATER

CLAIRE

God it is so good to be home! I love working with Ems, I do, but being back here is so good, I have missed them so much! I managed to unwind myself from the bone crushing hug from Slick and now have a very contented looking Annabee in my arms. “So, everyone, I present the solution and deterrent to the Lindsay problem!” They all stare at the quietly observing lady next to her. “This is the Queen of The Wing and saver of a New York trip, Edna.”

 

There is silence before Slick’s jaw drops. “Edna? Edna as in Lindsay spanking Edna?!”

 

“The very same!” Edna replies with an evil grin. “Boy, that ass was flat!” I can tell they are confused by her presence here. “Shall I?” She chuckles.

 

“Oh please do!”

 

“May I hold her, Slick?” She asks, whilst she nods she also frowns. “Oh you poor darling! I used rosehip oil on him when he got it. Poor little mite would flare up at the slightest thing.”

 

“Who would?” Lindon demands.

 

“My son, and the father of this little girl.”

 

“What?!” Slick exclaims.

 

“It was was whilst we were in New York, I bumped into him. For once birds of a feather flocking together worked out. He told me about the fuckfest he had just come back from and how he picked the room clean, but was caught. I thought nothing of it until Ems told me what Bank and Crane were going to do, so I called his mom!” They are so quiet for a long time. “Say something.”

 

“Where is he?" Lindon asks quietly.

 

“Don’t worry, he is not interested in being a father.” Edna replies, then stands. “But I would very much like to spike that malicious wheel of hers. Treating a baby like that! I had to stand by and watch her do the bare minimum to keep that poor child alive in her belly. I took to getting the vitamins she was supposed to take, but didn't, crushed into her food! And now, knowing that she is my granddaughter, well, that spanking is going to feel like heaven by the time I am done. If she thinks that he’s the only one going back to jail, she is so wrong, so very wrong!”

 

 


Chapter End Notes:

If reviewing, please be kind and constructive. Thanks.