- Text Size +

CHAPTER 24 - LYNETTE AND CASPER...DAVID’S VERY UNFRIENDLY GHOSTS


LINDSAY


Edna! Edna is here and taking my place on the committee! This is not happening! 


I clasp my hands in front of me as she comes back with Miranda. Michael starts to head upstairs, but is called back down by Edna. “The kitchen is not going to clean itself!” 


“I am going to start in the bathroom.” He grits out.


“No, you are not. Start where I can see both of you. Miranda, I believe you said that there were some papers I needed to read, but you don't seem to have them.” 


Miranda looks embarrassed. ”Are you sure you don’t mind being alone with them? Will be five minutes at most. Am parked at the top of the street.”


“I shall be perfectly fine. After he has restored this to it’s natural order, then we'll speak to Lindsay afterwards?”


She looks sternly at us. “Five minutes.” Miranda repeats, and heads out.


“So, Lindsay, you may proceed to whip him into shape.” 


I fume and burn with humiliation at the use of the word whip, remembering our last physical encounter very well. Turning to Michael, I am delighted to be able to focus my ire on someone. Yes, of course I could’ve not followed his actions, but I thought that the weakling waif would’ve shied away, but no, he proved stronger than we thought. And not only that, we were shell shocked by the lengths that Brian went to so he could protect him! Even in the most heated of, instigated by me, arguments between him and Mel, he never afforded me that fierceness. 


I remember the ‘insurance policy’ row and how he would not sign it over without something in return. We were even  more astonished when he said the ‘something’ was to get his rights back. Naturally, Mel refused, whilst I was so angry< I was also realistic. I knew he would provide for Gus in the event of his ‘Jimmy Hendrix’ style demise, but I also knew Mel, and that's exactly what the money would be used for...for Gus. 


But what of me? What did I get out of our years of friendship and loyalty? And when I found out how much that would be, I was so aggrieved! It was purely by chance I overheard the conversation between him and his attorney during a visit to Canada. Mel had ordered Michael to spend time with Jenny, so they took her to the park. Michael tried his best to get Brian to go with them, but he wanted to stay with Gus, who wasn’t well. He insisted that I go with to the park too, to give myself a break, after I had been nursemaiding Gus morning, noon and night. It was whilst I was putting on my jacket that I heard him talking…


Start of flashback

MEL AND LINDSEY'S HOUSE - FIVE YEARS PRIOR


OUTSIDE THE LOUNGE


LINDSAY


I am frozen to the spot in shock. I had no idea that Brian was worth that much! I knew that Kinnetic was doing well, but to this extent? I step nearer to the door.


“Hey, Phil, just got off the phone with a very happy Ted. Yes, we signed three clients last week, $6 million each, so that presents me with a POA issue. It has lapsed, so I am going to get it signed again by Michael Novotny…” Frustrated that I can’t hear what he is saying, I tiptoe into the kitchen, sighing quietly as I see that that door is still open. “...oh, okay, if you think that’s best. Not sure how that is going to go across though; he doesn’t take change well. No, not at the office, so that will have to be done when I get back. I am in Canada, visiting my Sonny Boy, who is now poorly. Seems he caught a chill. And speaking of him, I need to revise my will so that he gets 90% of the estate with 10% going in trust for his sister, both to inherit when they are twenty one.” 


My hand flies to my mouth. Nothing, I get nothing! My guts twist in fury; no way, no way is this happening! I shall get my due! 

End of flashback


“So what are you known as?” I demand, and Michael looks confused. “I need a full name.” He looks so pissed off and I relish it. “Edna, do you…”


“You are not an amnesiac!” Edna snaps. We look at her in surprise. “You were both jailed for the same thing. He led, you followed like a vengeful and bored wastrel. You know his name, so this posturing stops.” 


“How do you know that?” Michael frowns. “As she is not in an EOHOPS residence, nobody but the host knows what crime was committed!”


“Ooh, someone has been reading I see…” Edna drawls, her eyes flinty as she regards me. She looked like that on the day of my hiding. “...whilst that is true, the board members, of which I am one,, are allowed to see the records.”


“Oh.” He replies. 


Edna smiles thinly. “I may be an old friend of the penal system, but it has taught me a thing or two, and that’s how to read people...start as you mean to go on. Don’t let your risible friendship be a factor in getting him to do as he is told, or I shall see to it that you stay off the board!” Michael looks smug, before leaning against the counter. “I would wipe your ‘stinks with bile crocodile smile’ off that mug. It is better that she instructs you than I do. Cleaning the kitchen and bathroom with your toothbrush will take a very long time!”


BRITIN - FIFTEEN MINUTES LATER


BACK BEDROOM


BRIAN


We haven’t done this in months. We've not felt the urge, but for some reason today we just needed to.


“Secretary.” Justin whispers, looking over his shoulder at me.


“Yes, you do make a very sexy secretary who is going to take his dick-tation after he is corrected for his six spelling mistakes.”


“Silly bossy bottom.” He murmurs as I peel down his jeans.


“Make that seven. The wearing of briefs was forbidden.” I slide down with them as they join his jeans around his ankles. “Step out.” I order as I stand up.


“Seventh heaven for me then, and I meant it was us watching Secretary that...oooh!” He gasps as I decide to hush his chatter by cracking my palm across his right cheek. He squirms in mid air, I smile at that. He is tied to the top of the four poster at the foot of the bed by silk scarves above his head. “One…” He moans.


“Good, you remembered.” I murmur as I kiss his neck. He whimpers as I palm his cock for a few long seconds. “Oh, I almost forgot…” Reaching down, I pick up the butt plug, the one that Twinkle gave him on their Wedding day. I slide it into his quivering body as he pants and writhes. “...you are properly dressed. Do you want me to start now?”


“Yes, please yes.” He groans, then gasps as I turn the plug immediately onto its highest setting. “Two!” He cries out. 


Soon the room is filled with the sound of buzzing, his counting moans, and my hand meeting his plump reddening cheeks. 


“Seven!” He yells. We are dripping with sweat and precum. I turn him around and take both our cocks in one hand. “Ohmyshitfuckgod!” He babbles as I jerk us off whilst pressing the plug deeper inside him. “Cumcumcum!” He pleads against my chest.


“Now.” I whisper.


“Uuahahahahaha!” He screams.


“Christ!” I roar, and have to reach for the post to steady myself as my legs almost give out.


Ten minutes later, I am soaping his body and he is looking lovingly at me.


“Thank you for giving me…”


“Us.” I correct him.


“Us what we needed.”


EOHOPS HOUSE - TWO HOURS LATER


MICHAEL’S ROOM


MICHAEL


I can hear them talking downstairs, but not clearly enough. I scowl at the smell of bleach coming from my hands. 


“I will just tell him! I won’t be long!” I hear Lindsay call and back away from the door. She’s not the only one who wants to tell someone something! I sit on the bed and wait for her to arrive. “What was that about earlier?!” I storm.


“That wasn’t my fault...it was hers!” She protests, closing the door behind her.


I talk over her raised hand. “How so?! Like the old crone said, you know who I am, so why were you being such an, now to quote you, irongate earlier?!”


“I had to give the appearance of being the boss of you! How was I supposed to know they would read my records?!”


“Surely a smart person like you would’ve thought of that?!”


“Michael!” Miranda barks as she pushes open the door. “You will not ever speak to anyone like that. Apologise immediately! And why was the door shut?!”


“Miranda, let me handle this, please, it is fine.” Lindsay sighs. “As for the door, force of habit. I always close doors behind me.”


“Oh, I see. Well, if you could both come downstairs, there are things that need to be explained.” As we follow her, the front door opens, bringing in Golden Boy. “Ah, Carlton, perfect timing! Please join in the dining room, we need to talk about the new rota.”


“Rota?” I repeat.


“Yes. A cleaning, cooking, and general household rota. But first let’s discuss your appearances in front of the board. This will take place next Tuesday, Mr Novotny, where you will explain your breach of rules. You will also be fined for them, and then there is the matter of the punitive restitution to Mr and Mr Taylor-Kinney.”


“I have no money, no job, and…”


“Which is why we said punitive. So until such time as you do, there will be $50 deducted from your payments, but that will only continue for six months. Thereafter, you have to make restitution another way.” I don’t like the way she and the crone are smiling! “And that is to be decided by the victims of your crimes.” 


I turn to Lindsay and she looks as nauseated as I do!


AN HOUR LATER


LINDSAY


Michael and I are still somewhat in shock over what Miranda told us earlier.


“You need to use that money you have to pay them off.” I tell him, he shakes his head. “Why not?”


“It's gone…”


“How is it gone?! Surely you haven't spent it already?!”


“No, it got thrown away by Matthias…” By the time he finishes explaining what happened, I am I struggling not to roar with laughter. “...but I have been thinking…”


“And you’ve come up with what?”


“We could use my treatment by Cameron to our advantage.”


“Treatment?” I repeat.


Twenty minutes later, I am heading back to the apartment marvelling at how stupid those two men are. But if this goes the way he thinks it will, it will be them that get in trouble and not I. With the money gone and him unable to prove that I knew about it, this irongate walks away from this clean!


MONTEFIORE HOSPITAL - SAME TIME


DAVID’S OFFICE


DAVID


I am clutching the glass very tightly to stop myself from throwing the contents in Nancy’s face. Once again, her actions have caused me to be humiliated at the hands of Lynette, but this time, she was joined by someone I thought I would never see again: Casper!


“I can’t believe this!” Nancy regains the power of speech.


“Which part?” I return.


“Which part? Which part?!” She screeches, which causes my stomach to broil as that’s the same noise she makes in the throes of passion! “The part where they are on the board and not me! The part where I am able to help on the fundraiser, but in a very minor capacity, and…”


“You are forgetting that it is my fundraiser that I have been booted off of, Nancy! I have been on this from the onset, and your champing on Lynette’s hide like some toothless calf having their first meal has caused this!”


“How dare you?! You seem to forget that I am your wife!”


“And you seem to forget that I am your husband! I am the one that controls the life that you now have, and I will not be bullied, lectured, hectored, or denigrated into paying for the mistakes that you made before I met you!”


“What do you mean by that?” She gasps.


“I mean you own and owe for your mistakes, so it is time for you to pay up! And this time keep it legal, trying to pay Slick the first time was what got you banged up in the first place, remember?!”

Chapter End Notes:

Please review constructively and kindly. Thanks.