- Text Size +

CHAPTER 29 - ARRESTED AND MORE DEVELOPMENTS


CARL


“You are kidding?!” I twirl her around. “When did you get it back? How did you get it back?!”


“It was posted to me, anonymously. I got it this morning, tried to call you but was summoned by his now Bossman!” She wiggles her fingers and it glints in the light. “I am so happy! I would’ve married you without it, but with it is so much better!”


I savour the expression on his face: a mix between annoyed and confused; well, I am about to add stunned to that.


“So you came to take me home?” Debs smiles, gathering her coat. 


“No, I’ve come to arrest Michael.” I state, pulling out my handcuffs. “Michael Charles Novotny and Grassi, I am arresting you under the charge of animal abuse…”


“Animal abuse?!” He shrieks, backing away. “What animal?!”


“You have been reported by Brandon Green for attacking the dog belonging to Brian Taylor-Kinney earlier today. “You have the right to remain silent. Anything you say can and will be used against you in a court of law. You have the right to an attorney. If you cannot afford an attorney, one will be provided for you…”


“He wasn’t even there!” Michael backs away, but there is nowhere for him to go. “I barely touched it!”


“So you admit that you attacked his dog?” I query.


“And I am a witness to that!” Debs states firmly. “Now, stop being an idiot and take your punishment like a man, not the bully boy you are turning out to be! And trust me, Brandon beat me to reporting you!”


MICHAEL


“I am not surprised at this, Mother, since you have turned into such a questing since the arrival of that wastrel!”


“And you…” She bridles. “...I do believe mean quisling. If you are accusing me of betraying you, which I haven’t. I have always called people out on their bullcrap, and you have turned in to such an embittered punk ever since Brian met and promptly fell in love with Justin!” 


I gaze at her pitifully. “He is not in love, he is in heat. Admittedly it is taking longer to cool than I thought. My, he must have an extensive repertoire to keep Brian interested.” 


“Yes, he does.” Mother retorts as she unlocks the door. “He has a capacity to love and taught Brian what love is, which more than you ever had or felt for him or anyone! Well, except for yourself. Now, Detective Horvath, remove this miscreant from my sight.”


“With pleasure!” He smirks.


EOHOPS HOUSE - NEARLY MIDNIGHT


MICHAEL’S ROOM


MICHAEL


I stare up at the ceiling in shock. Whilst the charge against me is minor and I have had to pay a fine, I still have to face the board at the end of the week. I frown at the knocking at the door, tempted to ignore them, but the light is on, so might as well end the day as miserably as it started.


“What do you want?” I grouch as I open it to Carlton.


“You had a visitor today, said I would pass on the message.”


“What and who was it?”


“David Cameron, said he will solve your problems, all three of yours.” He starts to walk away.


“What did he mean by that?” I call out.


“No idea. You associate with some strange people. He came across as creepy and arrogant, thought he could come in just as he pleased!”


“He’s a doctor and therefore much better than you…”


“Or you!” The irritating tones of Edna bark from her bedroom door. “Could you two please have this row downstairs? I am trying to sleep!”


“Oh I am done with him, the less time in his company the better. Sorry, Edna, he started it.”


“I did not! You insulted one of my friends!” I point out. “For which you should apologise!”


“Like you should for the harm you caused, but we both know you won’t!” 


“Will you go to your rooms and shut up!” Edna orders. With a filthy look at each other, we do as we’re told.


CARLTON’S ROOM


CARLTON


Oh, how the hell was Lionel ever with that guy?! He is so creepy. The way he looked at me, it made my skin crawl. I pick up my dictionary, sure I have heard of it. “Ah, formication, that’s the proper word for it.” I scowl as the door knocks, getting ready for battle I open it, I am surprised to see Mom outside, she just points to her room and mouths ‘five minutes’.


EDNA’S ROOM - FIVE MINUTES LATER


EDNA


I double check that the worm’s light is off and close the door.


“Did I hear you right? David Cameron was here?” I whisper, Carlton nods. “What was the message again?”


“That he is going to take care of their problems. Said he would call him when it was sorted out.”


“Hmm. What is he up to?” I frown. He is about to say something when I shake my head. He mouths ‘what’. I point at the door, he tunes his ‘prison ears’ and nods. I hear the worm going downstairs, he’s talking on his phone. I open the door a little, he has stopped at the bottom of the stairs. 


“Hello, David, it's Michael. Sorry to call you so late, but I only got the message after having been treated like a slave all day! Can you give me a call back when you get this, no matter how…” He pauses as his phone beeps. “...oh, hi, I was just leaving a message for you. Yes, when did you call around? Oh, I was still at the diner. I am being made to work for them, him and his whore husband. Slick? No, nothing from her, but she’s my next visit. Yeah, of course I know where Brian lives, why? Sure I can give you his address. Is this anything to do with what you have planned for him? Excellent, excellent. As far as I am concerned, the more pain and humiliation you heap on him, the better!”


BRITIN - MID-MORNING, NEXT DAY


DAVID


I smile as I get out my car just outside the grounds. As I walk down the gravelled path, I marvel at the elegance of it all. When I get to the door, it is pulled open by a very naked Brian, who smiles at me. 


“What can I do for you?” He asks, I momentarily lose the power of speech. 


“I, uh...have I interrupted something?” I blather.


“Nope. Was just about to get started. So would you like to come in?”


“Co...come in? Are you sure?” I stay where I am and watch him saunter to the stairs. 


“Yeah, we’re sure...Justin, he’s here!”


“Here? Were you expecting me?” I venture inside slowly.


“We’ve been expecting you since the dinner.”


“The dinner?!”


“Yes, for Grim and Twinkle…” Justin is also naked as he joins us. “...it was only a matter of time, wasn’t it, David?”


“You didn’t think we would be able to stay away from you…” Brian steps closer, smiling broadly. “...David...David…”


“David? DAVID!” The screech almost bursts my eardrum, I am jolted out of my fantasy and take in the sour expression Nancy is sporting. “What are you doing?! You are making me late!”


“Wishing there was a better place to park!” I snap, looking at the diner in distaste. “Thank goodness there is nobody around that would know me!” I open the door for her as she steps out, she stiffens. “What’s wrong now?” I demand as she takes her time taking her stuff out of the car. “Thought you didn’t want to be late!”


“It’s packed again! I am sure it’s not normally this busy, it wasn’t the first time I was here…”


“Which was two years ago. I believe times have changed.” George’s pompous voice makes me want to strangle Nancy for having placed me in the position I now find myself: off the fundraising committee and reduced to a guest! “So this is where you ended up? A rather fitting place for the scrubber you were all those years ago!”


I gape at the pair of them. “How do you two know each other?”


“The same way she knows most men: I screwed her.” George replies just as the door to the diner opens, everyone goes quiet. “It was just the once, though it managed to confirm one thing…”


“How dare you speak about me like that?! David, say something!”


“What would you have him say, Mother?” Lynette strolls towards us, arm in arm with a rather obvious fellow.


What is going on here?!


“Is what he said not true?” Nancy just keeps opening and closing her mouth, her face florid with horror and embarrassment. “Shall we go in? I see Lindsey's already on duty.” 


“Which I have to admit is a surprise.” The man with her says. “So this is her, is it? The person who has caused my Lynnie such distress her entire life, who might you be?” He looks me up and down.


“David, his name is David Cameron, and he’s my husband.” Nancy declares hotly. “And what are you?”


“My boyfriend, Emmett, Emmett Honeycutt.” George smiles brightly before kissing Emmett’s blushing cheek. “As I was saying, Nancy, screwing you confirmed one thing: that I am most assuredly gay, but I did get one thing out of it…”


“What’s that?” Nancy demands.


“This lovely lady of course...” George replies. 


“What does Lynette have to do with you, apart from being on the committee?!” I demand. “I still think it is very unfair that she replaced me on that!” 


“Oh, David, don’t be so churlish. You are a very busy man, for now. I, along with Sandy, have been doing the heavy lifting, you have to admit that! Besides, you wouldn’t deny me a little bit of nepotism, would you?”


“Nepotism?” I whisper, looking at a pale Nancy and a very pleased looking Lynette.


“Yes. Oh, hadn’t Nancy told you? I am not surprised since she never told me, Ronald did. You see, David, Lynette is my daughter.” 

 

Chapter End Notes:

Please be kind and constructive if reviewing. Thanks.