- Text Size +

CHAPTER 52 - TACTILE, REALISATION AND ACCOUNTABILITY


WARRIORS PATH STATE PARK, CRYSTAL HILLS POINT


YURT - AN HOUR LATER


BRIAN


“A little help.” I mumble into his neck.


“I’m soaked.” He mutters.


“You can drench me when we christen the apartment, how’s that?” I manage to peel my face off his neck. “Mmmm, stop.” I protest at his clench, my dick is too sensitive right now.


“Yeah, a good but bad idea.” He moans, pressing a slack kiss to my ear. “How is there so much?” 


“It’s been a day or so...” I finally get onto my elbows; we’re grinning. “...you look so well ravaged.”


“It’s a good job that’s how I feel.” He giggles before yawning and tongue smacking. “Let me unlock my ankles, then we shower.”


“Sure…” My slight shuffle upward makes him moan. “...which hip is worse again?” 


“Left.” I place my hand and nod. I press gently when he hisses; I kiss away his pained expression as he lowers his legs. “Thank you. Don’t.” He protests as I start to withdraw. “Love it there.” I smile and put an arm under his head. Less than two minutes later, he’s asleep. 


Looking around, I take in the mess we made. We were so keen to get naked that clothes were mostly torn off. What followed was hard, fast and immediate. Withdrawing, I have to roll onto my back, because of my tender but still hard happy pole, which it takes a couple minutes for it to go down.


Twenty minutes later, I’m easing my back and sighing as the water runs over my body, I can see Christine through the window. I chuckle at his almost queening out demand, despite rampaging horniness, that we park close to the showers. Fifteen minutes later I’m feeling refreshed and with a final look in the mirror, I adjust a hair then head to reception to see what I can get.


TWO HOURS LATER


JUSTIN


Sore, deliciously sore is how I feel. And very hungry. Sighing, I stretch and scratch my head. As much as I love Brian, when we get like this, the aftermath is always itchy and crusty, but not this time, I smile at the realisations. First, I’m under a new blanket and second, I’m clean. I look around, Brian is resting against the cushions, reading.


“Coffee?” He waves his mug with a smile.


“Mmm. You gave me a bed bath?” I drag myself and the blanket into his waiting arms.


“Yep, I want this weekend not to involve you grumbling about being itchy and sore, especially when you can’t have a deep soak for a while. I’m going to drive so you can sleep in the back, okay?”


“Front.” I return, sipping the coffee he holds against my lips. “Smell something sweet.”


“Chocolate and blood orange custard doughnuts. Can we share one? You can…” I hold it to his lips; the smile I get reminds me of the time I cooked the southern fried chicken at our first dinner in the loft. “...one of us has to learn how to do this.”


“By us, you mean me....” I tease. “...before you protest, yes you will make it once, but then you will complain about how long it all takes, and especially about the dough under your nails.” I wait for him to finish the other half, whilst his cheeks glow pink. “When do I have to have it mastered by?”


“Next weekend. Ems will teach you.” I pause in mid munch and smirk. “Okay, I had one on the way back, called him and booked you in for midday next Saturday.”


“Nice. But Sunday is ours, nobody but us, not even the boys. I want you to sit and be pampered.”


“No complaints.” He tears open another doughnut. “No more after this. And what do I need to prepare for?” Again mid munch pausing. “Keep eating. I meant what’s the theme? Not that I’m complaining about our theme weekends. Especially ‘Garden of Eden before the snake’ since we were naked the entire time…” I giggle at the memory of him chasing me around the kitchen once he warmed up to the idea. “...come on, tell me, especially if we have to go shopping. The trial starts on Monday; I want to be there for Lindsay whilst…”


“Of course, we will all be there.” I top up his coffee. “Japanese. So there’s fried chicken, a black rice dish, strawberry ‘snow’ and confit salmon to start. For entertainment, there’s some rather interesting anime. Adult anime. Let me up a second.” I grab my iPad and settle back down. “An example is this.” 


After five minutes of watching, his kiss is not the only hard thing. “Get dressed.” He smoulders, throwing the blanket off. “I need to be drenched before seven!”


ALLEGHANY WOMEN’S COUNTY JAIL - SAME TIME


NANCY’S CELL 


NANCY


I’m not surprised that David couldn’t get it up for this slovenly lump! We’ve not spoken since I was returned to purgatory. It was bad enough that I was ‘piped out’, as Elspbeth crowed. I also had the distasteful company of that Phoenix woman, I refuse to acknowledge that marriage! I scowl at her shuffling and check the time. 


“We’ve got another hour or so.” I didn’t think it was possible for a voice to sound fat, but hers does. “Are you going to unpack your case?” I give her a scathing look. “It takes up a lot of room.”


“I will do it shortly.” I return. “I need to rest for a…”


“The case is not the only thing taking up room. So is your ego. Drop your holier than thou mindset, Madam Prisoner. Here we’re the same…” The cot protests at her bulk. “..except he screwed you to get where he wanted to be.”


“You know nothing of me nor my husband!” I rebuke her.


“He was an arrogant prick, she was a gobby cow, although that was because of her misguided need to be loved by a wrinkled old Medusa who loves only herself. We all saw why she was the way she was. Because she feared being treated the same as Lynette; having had your poisonous brand of…”


“I’m bored of you.” I pull out the magazine I got past the not-so-eagle-eyed Edna! Thankfully she shuts up so I begin to read.


“I will scream for the guard.” She warns; I roll my eyes. “It’s contraband.” Fuming, I put it back in my bag. “Give it to me to read first or I yell and neither of us get to do so.” She approaches, hand outstretched. “Thanks, now that you’re focused; he absolutely loved having her in his sketchy thrall. She didn’t realise, the poor cow. Edna must have seen something in there, after their altercation.” I frown. “Ooh she didn’t tell you? I’m not surprised. She's her first grandchild.”


I grimace at the memory of the last meeting with my grandchild. “Who’s first?”


“Edna’s.” 


It takes a few seconds for that to register. “Oh my god.” I choke out. “She was...she had her...” 


“Raped? Of course not! Jesus, how did you come up with that? Bet it's something you would do! Edna did everything for that child without knowing who the father was.”


I digest this, wondering how she could debase herself. “Where is the father, in prison too I suppose?” Her slow smile reminds me of Elspbeth. “You lived with him, surprised you didn't try your luck with him since you want to have whatever Lindsay had.”


“Car...Carlton is the father?!” My revulsion and shame at her deepens; I stand as I check the time.


“What do you think would’ve happened when they got married?” She scoffs. “Don’t you even care that he would’ve tried to finish what he started?” I say nothing. “But I doubt Lindsay would’ve allowed that to happen. She would’ve lorded it over her, yes, but that leash would’ve been tight. Why were you looking for me?”


I was prepared for this question. “You have a child with my husband, and I wanted to speak to you about its welfare.”


“I’ll bet.” She smirks. “When I found out, the first thing I did was request a transfer.” She leans forward. “I’m not sure what he told you, but he’s always known about her. He confirmed it after all.” I swallow hard. “Thankfully, he was transferred instead, so the second thing was to make sure that he would never find her.”


“You make him sound dangerous!” I snap.


“Dangerous? He’s the worst kind of creep. He looks so respectable, hiding his nasty light under a bushel!” She leans back. “How could you do it? How could you bring him into your family, knowing what he was like, what he did? Even after you found out, you stayed with him. According to sources, you took him to her home.” I’m reeling, how does she know all of this? “How many of those little blue pills did he have to take to get it up for you?!”


“What little…” Before I can finish, the door is opened; I want to scratch her gleaming with malice eyes out. “...you’re a liar!”  I hiss.


“Whatever this cat fight is can wait.” The guard raps out. “Cameron-Peterson, you’ve got a call, it's your attorney. It must be important for him to be calling on a weekend. Now be quick.” 


I grab my handbag and start to follow him out; relieved to be out of her company. “I’m not lying, I’ve no reason to, but he does.” Her laughter faded when we stepped off the block, but it still echoes in my head, along with many questions.


ALLEGHANY COURTHOUSE - THURSDAY MORNING


MEETING ROOM 3 


JOSIAH


We’re in shock, all of us. “Lynette, I need to speak to you about something, but since this happened…”


“Do we know how it happened?” She asks.


“Before you answer that, Josiah, why was her name on the witness list?” Lindsay frowns. “I don’t understand; I mean I understand why she would agree to be a witness, but why ask?”


“To dispute what Lynette said. She only told her, yes the evidence was there, but with Nancy most likely going to deny everything...”


“But the request for no-contest, that would be on record, wouldn’t it?” She presses, looking around the room. “Mel, I’m sure you’ve said that before. If a no contest is…”


“Yes, Lindz, it would’ve been put on record, but I guess they were hoping that this move would have Lynette agreeing to it. You know how nasty Nancy can get.” She nods, then blinks back tears. “What? Why are you crying?”


“Because of the harm I could’ve done, just because I wanted to prove how much more she loved me than you Lynette. She would’ve been proud that I was going to marry him, and…”


“And you would’ve divorced and exposed him the minute you found out.” Lynette takes her hand. “Look how you almost tore Olly limb from limb when you thought it was him. To this day, he makes me give you any bad news.” 


“I guess I have my moments, but this...” She sighs, shaking her head. “...all this time, he was using me: my one sharp tongued remark put him back in her crosshairs. She lapped up the attention and her need for being better won out. He wanted to get back to you and was using me as a way in, wasn’t he?” 


“It looks like it.” Mel nods. “You’re like Lionel, you know Lynette?”


“Lionel, who’s Lionel?” Lindsay frowns. 


“He’s another one that got away from David, but unlike Lynette, he had the protection of his family, which he will tell you about himself.” I smile at her, she has come a long way; the therapy is helping them both. “But in agreeing to be a witness, she’s left herself open to another line of questioning.”. 


“What’s that?” Lindsay tops up everyone’s glasses. “And what happens next?”


LYNETTE


“Lindz, sit down, please. You don’t need to wait on us. You’re pushing it away, you know what the therapist said. Deal with the thought in the moment. And don’t apologise for doing so either.” She looks abashed, I pat the seat next to me. “I’ll get Olly to extend the appointment tomorrow, alright?” 


“Yes, alright.” She rests her head on my shoulder; I feel so sorry for her. All this time it was drummed into her head that she was the favoured child, but she was hated just the same as me.


“So now what happens? With David dead what else is there? How did it happen?”


“It was a heart attack. It's over for him, but not necessarily for Nancy. She could face charges.”


“What charges? Like Lindsay said, she wasn’t there.”


“But she knew. She should’ve reported it, he died a paedophile and she needs to be held accountable for her part.”


“But I told her not to say anything…”


“Not the point. She, as your mother, should've protected you. Because she didn’t, he was allowed to roam free to do whatever he wanted. For example: Laura Marley; if he was in jail, he might not have been around to have done what he did.”


“But how does that make a paedophile? I was fifteen, well fourteen.”


“And in the eyes of the law at the time, you were still a minor.” Josiah’s eyes flash with anger softening when they land on me. “And that’s what I was going to ask you about. I wanted to bring another charge of child abuse against him, but with your permission, I shall levy them against her. Not for the attack, but for her actions subsequently.”


I’m stunned into silence before turning to Lindsay. “What do you think?”


“When all is said and done, she’s been holding it against you. She needs to be held accountable.”


“Then let’s hit her with everything we can.”


“I’m glad you said that.” He hands over a piece of paper; we read in silence. “I don’t want to prolong this for you, you’ve suffered enough. I want to offer her that, so it ends for you.”


“Six years.” I breathe. “Do you think she will take it?”


“Yes, and the world will know about it. The records will be unsealed. But this is a mere prelude to the attempted murder trial. By the time Lionel, Philip and I have finished with them, they’re going to wish they were wanked into a tissue!”




Chocolate and blood orange custard doughnuts:

https://www.waitrose.com/home/recipes/recipe_directory/c/chocolate-and-bloodorangecustarddoughnuts.html

Karaage Japanese fried chicken:

https://www.japancentre.com/en/recipes/37-karaage-japanese-fried-chicken

Edamame studded black rice with yuzu:

https://www.japancentre.com/en/recipes/1311-edamame-studded-black-rice-with-yuzu-dressing

Confit of salmon: 

https://erecipe.com/recipe/tetsuya-wakudas-confit-of-salmon/#:~:text=Cut%20the%20salmon%20fillet%20across,refrigerator%20for%20a%20few%20hours.

Strawberry Awayukikan dessert:

https://www.japancentre.com/en/recipes/1415-strawberry-awayukikan-dessert

Japanese Centre for other recipes:

https://www.japancentre.com/en?gclid=Cj0KCQiApsiBBhCKARIsAN8o_4jeZzCcGJSrwE4cLl57tcTUPMPxjREPzzE0pFqfbU58ODtdHG9NZHUaAhtnEALw_wcB&gclsrc=aw.ds

 

Chapter End Notes:

Please be kind and constructive, if reviewing, thanks