- Text Size +
Author's Chapter Notes:

Warning...there is a description of Lynette's assult within this chapter.

 

CHAPTER 36 - PAGING DR CAMERON...WELCOME TO YOUR CALAMITY


CAMERON-PETERSON RESIDENCE - TWO DAYS LATER 


DAVID’S ROOM 


DAVID

 

I stretch out to release the cramping in my muscles that resulted from having been forced, due to engine problems with the ship, to take a plane back, which took almost 13 hours!  I know I have to do some buttering up of Nancy, despite my stellar performance in bed before I left. I feel she wasn’t quite convinced that they were trying to stir up trouble. I creep to my bathroom and freshen up. Steeling myself, I head to her room and knock. When she doesn’t answer, I roll my eyes. “Nancy, darling, please let me come in.” I tap the door again, still no reply. “Well I am going to make some coffee. I will bring some up, hopefully we can chat and get back to where we were before they lied.”

 

I head to the kitchen, wincing slightly at the pain in my ass, which sadly is not due to Brian or Justin Taylor-Kinney. Oh, how I would love to be ploughed by them. Yes, I am a Dom, but for the right guys I will bottom, and they are such the right guys. The ones on the cruise were okay I guess, but I just know those two would be so much better!

 

Taking out the coffee filter makes me retch when I see the mould. “What the fuck is this?!” I quickly throw it away, then rinse the filter and the jug out. “Jeez, this is taking sulking to extremes!” I mutter as I take in the state of the kitchen. It takes me about an hour, but I get it back into its normal pristine manner. 

 

I had wondered about the ‘smell’ when I came in, but was too tired to deal with it last night. “Thank goodness, that trip was all expenses paid.” I grin before loading up the tray with crockery. “But maybe flowers, yes flowers and champagne are called for.” I flip open the laptop and order her favourites whilst listening for sounds of life. I hum as I wait for the order to be processed. “What the heck?” I frown at the screen as it says ‘order incomplete.’ “Silly me, must have put the number in wrong. After all, I haven’t had to use it for over a fortnight!”

 

Quickly and quietly I go to get my card from my bedside drawer, still not a peep from Nancy’s room. I creep back downstairs and check the card number and expiry date. Both are right, so why isn’t it working?

 

Sighing crossly, I log into my bank account and have my answer: there is no money in there! I scroll through the transfers, the last one being whilst I was on the cruise, but I don’t recognise the recipient. As I scroll back, this was not a one time thing, there are many transactions, going back many months. In fact, they started once Nancy and I got married! I take the stairs two at a time and knock on her door. No answer. “Nancy!” I shout. “I need to talk to you about our bank account! I am coming in!” I am greeted by a mess, but no Nancy! I try her phone, but it goes straight to voicemail. “Nancy, it’s me. I don’t know what’s going on or where you are, but call me the moment you get this message!”

 

RONALD AND KIMBERLEY’S HOUSE - FOUR HOURS LATER


LOUNGE


RONALD

 

I look up the garden path as I hear the gate open. Stomping towards the back door is David. When he starts hammering, I take my time answering. “David, is everything…” He barges past me, hollering for Nancy. “...you will explain what is happening! How dare you burst into my home like this?! And why the hell would Nancy be here?!” 

 

“She’s not here then?!” He gets within punching distance, but I must resist.

 

“No, she’s not. I divorced her, remember? Which is how you were able to marry her!”

 

“Tell me...did you two share a bank account?” He regards me carefully. “And the terms of the divorce, what were they?”

 

“Not that this is any of your business, but no, we didn’t. What was mine was mine, and hers was hers. It was the way she wanted it, as she came into the marriage with ‘higher stock than me’, and that’s a direct quote. And you would need to ask Nancy about the terms when you find her.”

 

“Give me Lynette’s number. I need to call her to see if she knows where her Mother is.”

 

“Her Mom is currently out walking Rogue. You remember her, don’t you?”

 

“Nancy is Lynette and Lindsey's Mom, to use that tacky colloquialism...ah, yes, I will go and see Lindsay. She is more of her daughter than Lynette. Such a weakling and a cry baby, according to Nancy, I can't help but agree.”

 

“She is not. She is far stronger than you or Nancy think. Now as for Lindsay, you removed her from your apartment, so how are you going to find her?”

 

“Ah, that’s it! She and Nancy colluded together! Well this is fraud, and I shall have them both arrested for it!” 

 

“As is your right. Now…” I get behind him. He takes the hint and heads towards the door. “...I have a piece of advice for you, David. Nancy will have a back up plan, she always does.”

 

ALLEGHENY COUNTY JAIL - NEXT DAY


VISITOR’S ROOM


DAVID 

 

I can’t believe what I have heard, but at least I have found my soon-to-be-ex wife! I have levied charges of fraud against her and Lindsay, though the authorities say they can’t find the latter at present. Looks like the pupil has bested the teacher and absconded, leaving her to take the fall. I bite back my laughter when she approaches, looking all of her years plus some more. “Well, well, how mighty are the fallen?”

 

“David.” She clips out, not the tone I would be expecting from someone facing attempted murder!

 

“I am having you charged with fraud for what you took from me. That was…”

 

“A joint bank account that you willingly opened with me, so that’s our money. It was needed for essentials. Have you seen Lynette and Lindsay since you’ve been back?”

 

“No I haven’t, but you don’t seem to realise how serious your predicament is!” I hiss at her.

 

“I am aware, but are you?”

 

“What does that mean?” I keep my voice down so as not to draw attention.

 

“Do you know I married you for two reasons? One to annoy Lindsay, but the other was Lynette.” 

 

“Lindsay, I can understand, but Lynette? What does she have to do with....”

 

“You tried to rape her when she was 15. Now these fraud charges, you’ve made a mistake, haven’t you?”

 

“You knew about that?” I gasp as Ronald’s parting shot reverberates around my brain.

 

“Of course I did. Okay, not immediately, but then I worked it out as we got to know each other during our courting period, you would drop oh so subtle hints that you knew more about my girls than you should. So these fraud charges...make sure the blame is squarely on Lindsey's shoulders. Have you been to the bank? Do you still have the card?” I just nod. “Good. Put it in the apartment. She won’t be able to explain that. My card had to be replaced, which is why I don’t have mine anymore.” 

 

”I don’t understand your behaviour, most…”

 

“I am not most mothers, if that’s what you are going to say. I believe in stiffening the spine of my children. Lynette’s never did, but Lindsay’s got tougher the more I taught her. At first she was like Lynnette, Daddy’s little girl, but I couldn’t have that. So I made Lindsay mine, or so she thought. When she sees her future, she will be back in line in no time, especially when you say you drop the charges if she does as I say. Especially, with regards to this attempted murder charge.”

 

“David Cameron?! Is David Cameron in here still?!” A guard calls out.

 

“Yes, that’s me!” I raise my hand and she quickly approaches.

 

“Ah, could you come with me? We won’t be long, Cameron-Peterson. Seems that your daughter has been found.”

 

“Excellent! I can’t believe she did this to us, David.” Nancy weeps, I have to admit she’s impressive!

 

I follow the guard out. Whilst I am still reeling at what she told me, I am very pleased that Lindsay will be back in jail! Nancy can’t say anything about Lynette, and the bank will reimburse the money. All in all this is going to be good for me!

 

“So, what has she had to say for herself?” I demand as I follow her into another room. 

 

“Have a seat.” She orders. “She’s next door and making a statement. I will just let the officers next door know that you are in here.”

 

“Thank you.” I lean back in the seat and wait. When the room next door is lit up, I sit bolt upright, for there is not Lindsay, but Lynette. And not just her, but Casper as well.

 

“So, Mrs Peterson-March and Mr Mentz, are you ready to make your statements?” 

 

“Yes.” Lynette replies, and my stomach starts to churn. “I was 15 when I first met David Cameron, he was 18. We hadn't interacted much, just played a couple of games of tennis and the like. I had no idea he was interested in me, so when he asked me out I was surprised and delighted. He was a good looking man, and his family had some status. We went on a couple of day dates, just so I could be sure of his intentions, and he seemed to be a gentleman. But then he asked me to dinner, which I was fine with, until he said that the restaurant, which he never told me the name of, had a ‘flood’ so we would be eating a take-out and take in a movie. Again I was fine with it, but it wasn’t until I realised that it would be just the two of us at his parents’ house that I began to get worried. I told him that I would rather we went to the club instead. He said that the food was going to be arriving in ten minutes, so we might as well wait for that and then go to the club. It was when I said no, I want to go to the club now and offered to pay my half of the takeout that he got annoyed. He said that I should just sit down, eat and then we talk about payment…” She pauses briefly. “...I asked what he meant. He said that he didn’t want cash, he had enough of that. What he didn’t have was me, so that’s what he wanted. I said he couldn’t have me and went to leave, but then he grabbed me and threw me on the sofa. I tried to fight him off, but he held me down. But he could only use one hand, because he needed the other to open his...his jeans so that he could...jerk off on me. At first, I was just frozen in place, but then I got mad. How fucking dare he?! I really started to struggle, and managed to throw him to the floor. Luckily for me, his jeans restricted his movements, so he couldn’t get up quickly. I stomped on his dick and ran!”

 

“Where did you go, what did you do?” An officer asks.

 

“I went straight home. I told my Mother, and she said to say nothing, as nothing really happened. And I never did until now.“

 

“And you, Mr Mentz, what did Dr David Cameron do to you?”

 

Twenty minutes later, I am shaking and eyeing the door. When it opens, my heart sinks, for there is Michael’s mother’s whatever-he-is, who has cuffs! 

 

“David Cameron, I am arresting you for the attempted rape of Lynette Peterson, and sexual assault and battery of Casper Mentz…”

 

VISITING ROOM - TWENTY MINUTES LATER


NANCY

 

“Why am I being kept here, where is my husband?” I demand of the guard who took him out.

 

“As I said, your daughter was making a statement, and...ah...you need to come with me, to see your husband.”

 

I follow her out, and am led into a meeting room where David is sitting, looking pale and sweaty and in cuffs! “What is going on?!” I bark. 

 

“Your husband is being arrested for attempted rape, sexual assault and battery.” The guard replies. “And we want to know how much you know about that.”

 

“I know nothing!” I declare as we enter the room where David is. “I would not have married him knowing that he had such deviant tendencies!” I take a couple of shuddering breaths. “Who was it?!” I sit shakily down. “This can’t be happening..,”

 

“Stop acting! You married me, knowing all about what I had done, in order to annoy Lindsay as well as to pay Lynette back for remaining a Daddy’s girl!” David shouts. “Remember, you said it earlier, when you were trying to get me to lay the fraud on Lindsey's shoulders! You told me that I should put the bank card in the apartment that she was staying in!”

 

“He’s lying! I would never do that to my beloved daughters. I can’t believe you have duped me like this! Please, I want to leave!” She wails. “I will get Lynette to press charges against you too for this. As for Lindsay, I need to speak to her, to explain how I was…”

 

“Lynette...that’s what you just said. Without coercion or prompting, Lynette.” David smirks. “How do you know it was her? It could’ve been Lindsay, or I could’ve been arrested for allegedly attacking someone else. By saying Lynette, you have confirmed you knew about the attack!”

 

“And by saying that, you’ve just admitted your guilt!” The guard spits. “Get him out of here! As for you, Cameron-Peterson, back to your cell!” 

 

As I step out of the room, I watch David being led to wherever and shrug. One less problem to worry about. I can easily explain away why I said nothing. He’s facing charges, not me, and I can turn Lynette’s head and heart if I put on the charm, which is what I will do. As I start to follow the guard, another door opens, and I am stunned to see not just Lynette, but Lindsay as well. Showtime!

 

“Oh, my darling girls!” I cry, walking towards them, only for Lindsay to stand in front of Lynette with her hand up. “Lindsay?” I frown.

 

“Keep her away from us. I mean it.” The guard pulls me back. “You will rot in wherever they put you. You will rot alone, we are done. You no longer exist as a person, let alone a Mother to us. Yes, you will see me in court, because let’s face it, I am the ‘treasured one'; but it will be to support my sister and my friend, Brian. Come on, Lynette, let’s go home.”

 

And with that, they walk past me, hand in hand, and don’t look back when I call their names.

 

 

Chapter End Notes:

Please, if reviewing, be kind and constructive. Thank you