- Text Size +

CHAPTER 1 - GET RID OF ONE TROUBLE...

 

JFK - EIGHTEEN MONTHS LATER

 

DEPARTURES LOUNGE

 

NANCY

 

We are this close to freedom! In the last two years, Lindsay has kept her head down, and, as they say in those parlances, her nose and powder dry! I scan the sea of people waiting for her return from the ladies room. However, it is when I see her that my heart plunges to the depths of hell as, not only is Faal with her but also Ronald! But for some reason Lindsay has an expression of delight on her face!

 

“What’s going on?!” I demand as quietly as I can.

 

“Come along, Mother, we will explain on the way!” Lindsay trills as she clutches Faal’s arm.

 

“Ronald?” I prompt.

 

“Nancy. Are we waiting for anyone else for you, like Marcel for instance?!” I feel a thrill at his jealous tone. Well, if he had treated me kinder and as a lady of my position was supposed to be treated, I would not have sought affection and prestige elsewhere. “Ah, there she is...over here, darling!” He waves behind me and I stiffen but don’t turn around. “Did you find it?”

 

“Easily, Ronald.” A cool French accent floats from behind me and Lindsey's face is a picture of annoyance, but I refuse to turn around. He must introduce me to her! “Shall I meet you at home? You won’t be long speaking to it will you?”

 

Home?! It?!

 

“No, I won’t be a few minutes. Do you want to meet…”

 

“Mais non. Why would I wish to do that? I shall see you by the car.”

 

“Okay.”

 

I fume as an expensive looking fur coat glides past me. “All coat and no knickers I suspect!” I spit at Ronald, but before he can answer the coat stops, Lindsay and I smirk at each other.

 

“My silk knickers are always on, and when they are off it is only for Ronald or so I can piss on the insipid mitherings of past conquests. I, unlike you, Nancy, don't wear granny panties, nor do I drop them at whiff of a wallet!” Is declared over the shoulder before it disappears from view.

 

I blanch as people turn to took in my direction; a couple of them sneer.

 

“Let’s go before you embarrass yourself further, Nancy!” Faal snickers and strides ahead with Lindsay running to keep up with him.

 

“Carried off with your usual dignity and aplomb.” Ronald laughs, and he too leaves me standing there for a few seconds open mouthed.

 

PRIVATE HANGER, JFK - TWENTY MINUTES LATER

 

LINDSAY

 

You could’ve knocked me down with a feather when I first heard from Faal. Of all the people to contact me, he would not have been the first to come to mind. But here we are! I take a discreet look at his left hand  and, thank you Jesus, the ring has gone!

 

“Faal, can you please explain what is going on?!” Mother demands, and, for once, I can’t believe her density!

 

“Excuse us a moment  Faal.” I take Mother’s wrist and pull her out of his earshot.

 

“Lindsay!”

 

“He came to see me in jail. He and Zaden are over, or they will be! Turns out he had feelings for me after all…” I tap my wedding ring finger. “...his is gone!”

 

“What?!” She looks delighted. “So do you think…”

 

“Well why else would he be here?!”

 

“But your father turning up like that?” She quickly check to see what Faal is doing, he is looking over the plane. “And with his harlot too!”

 

“Not sure about that, but…”

 

“Ladies, we need to board!” Faal calls out, and we quickly join him. “I will leave you to say your goodbyes.”

 

“Our goodbyes?” Mother echoes and my heart beats faster. “Faal, what is going on?”

 

“I am taking Lindsay with me to a place only she and I know. I need her there to provide what is needed in our home?”

 

“You and Lindsay are going to be together?”

 

“Yes, it was only a matter of time before I saw what I truly needed to do. I understand you will be going with Marcel to London for a couple of weeks before settling back in his hometown.”

 

NANCY

 

I can't quite comprehend how this has come about, but I am thrilled! Oh, don't think me callous, she is my daughter after all, but I have enjoyed the free years I have had with Marcel, and on top of that, the divorce from Ronald came through, and that full and final settlement, which is $70,000 more than she knows about is mine and mine alone! Faal can support her!

 

“Well,  darling, you're going to be just fine and I am so happy for you!” I hug her tightly and blink back the tears of sadness and joy. “Will you write when you get there, which is where by the way? He said you and he know.”

 

“Oh yes, Mother, we’re going to be living on his island, just off the coast of South Africa.”

 

“Africa?! Why there?!”

 

“As you know these things take time to be finalised. I mean, look how long it took for you and Daddy to divide up your things. And besides, Faal doesn't want Zaden knowing yet. We have to keep things hush-hush.”

 

“Oh, I see. Well, when do you think you will be back? Or maybe I can come and visit you once you are settled?”

 

“Maybe. If I recall from the pictures, Faal, the island is big enough for us not to get in each other’s way.” He nods and then looks at his watch. “Mother. Sorry, but we have to go!”

 

We hug each other one more time and she trots up the steps, then the door shuts on her new life with Faal.

 

TWO HOURS LATER

 

LINDSAY

 

I reread the email again, it is perfect. I have experienced almost two of the worst years of my life, but now I am on the way to a life I deserve. I look across at Faal who is sleeping, he truly is a gorgeous man. I hope to consummate our relationship soon, and when it is out in the open, I look forward to describing to Zaden exactly what we do in bed. And I can't wait to be a mother again. Yes, I will have to share with her, but I will have that child cultured in no time.

 

“Do you want some more champagne?”

 

“Madam. You must call me Madam when you speak to me, and yes I would. In fact, leave the bottle.”

 

“Yes, Madam. Will there be anything else?”

 

“Not yet. I have some correspondence to send, once I have done that you can bring me a light snack, something that doesn't clash with the champagne. I will call you when I am ready.”

 

I wave him away and look at the email to Michael again. It is a pity I won't get to see his face when he reads it.

 

ISLAND - TWO DAYS LATER

 

FAAL

 

It is good to be on the island at this time of year. I chuckle as DJ, my adorable daughter rushes towards me, well as fast as her little legs can go.

 

“Daddy! Look!” She holds up a slightly crumpled flower. “For you!”

 

“Thank you, sweetie.” I take it from her and wrap it in my handkerchief, ready for pressing in my book later. Zaden always laughed at that. I shake my head to clear the sad thought over what has happened as I walk to the house Lindsay calls my name, I wait for her to as she approaches. “Good morning!”

 

“Morning. Did you sleep well?”

 

“Very. After almost two years of virtually sleeping on concrete, it was like sleeping on a cloud! Oh, who is this pretty cherub?!”

 

“This is our daughter..” I heft her onto my hip. “...DJ. Well, her proper name is Deborah Jennifer Carla, but Jenny shortened that...is it okay to talk about them?”

 

“Yes.” She sighs before smiling and reaching for DJ, who shrinks back. “Are you shy, darling one? Don't worry, you will soon get used to me.”

 

“Maddie, Daddy, want Maddie.” She plays with my hair and I am so reminded of her mother.

 

“Yes. Go on, you little bug.” I put her down and she gives Lindsay one more look before scampering off.

 

“Do you still see them? Gus and Jenny, I mean. You never mentioned them in your visits?” She touches my arm gently.

 

“Yes, but not as often as I did before, what with everyone being so busy.”

 

“And Zaden? Brian and Justin?”

 

“Let's not discuss Zaden, still too painful, but Brian and Justin are doing great. They are really happy. DJ and Megan are the best of friends.”

 

“Who is Megan?”

 

“Oh, you wouldn't know of course, their daughter.” I link arms with her and lead her back to the house. “You must be starving, let's eat.”

 

“I am a bit, but I really do need to send that email first. I was so tired I fell asleep before I could hit send on the plane.”

 

“Sure. You go do that and I shall meet you in the dining room. As you come down the stairs, it is the second door on the right. As there is a nice breeze, why don't we eat on the verandah?”

 

“As usual, Faal, you are perfect.” She praises me and goes go her room.

 

TEN MINUTES LATER

 

LINDSAY

 

Now the email is perfect! I read it once more, I enjoyed every keystroke telling Michael about how I am back in the lives of Brian and Justin, and how close their daughter and my soon to be stepdaughter are, now that they have forgiven me. How Gus, Hunter, Matt, Jenny and I are rebuilding our relationship. I expressed sympathy that despite my best efforts they did not want to know him still. I had already given full and frank details of how Faal and I got together, maybe he can use that to get off all alone in his cell!

 

“Lindsay!” Faal calls from the landing. “Do you want salad or steamed vegetables with your king prawns?”

 

“Oh, vegetables please, I haven't had properly cooked food in ages!” I call back.

 

“Okay, will you be much longer?”

 

No. Am sending it now, I will just freshen up and be down in a few minutes.”

 

“Fine.”

 

I skip to the bathroom and take a good look at myself. I really do need a good facial and massage, I wonder how long it would take to arrange. As I head down to join him, the combination of the smell of the flowers and the food have me almost giddy with delight.

 

“There you are. Come and sit.”

 

“Will DJ be joining us?”

 

“No, she will eat later, she’s still playing.”

 

“In this heat?” I stand up and smile indulgently at him. “Let me go and get her, it will give us a moment to get to know each other.”

 

“She is used to the heat, please sit and eat, we have much to discuss afterwards.”

 

“Of course.” I take in the spread in front me and sigh happily. “Where to start?”

 

“The ceviche is very good, beef and truffle.”

 

“You always did have exceptional taste.” I grin and start to serve myself.

 

“No, Lindsay, we have people for that.” He gives a cough and smartly dressed young man comes in. “Show her how it is done, Maru.”

 

“Yes, Master Faal.”

 

Oh yes this is the life!

 

An hour later we are in the spacious lounge; I am marvelling at my good fortune and briefly close my eyes so I can absorb it fully. They fly open at the cough and find Faal smiling at me.

 

“Are you still in shock at how this has happened?”

 

“A little, I must admit. So what happens now?”

 

“Well, first…”

 

“You kiss the shit out of me!” Is declared, and I find myself gaping at Zaden!

 

“My lig! What the hell?! You said you couldn't make it!” He rushes to her and kisses her so passionately that I have to look away, the noise of them unlocking lips is nauseating. “Explain, Zee, does DJ know you are here?”

 

“Yep. And she would be upset with her Daddy since he didn't pack it.” She hands him a notebook and again he kisses her.

 

“What is going on here? I demand an explanation!”

 

“You owe us money, so you are going to pay it.” She looks scornfully at me and then I see what I thought I mistook in Faal’s eyes earlier, contempt and disgust. “We let you think you were getting what you wanted, as in Faal, so we could get you out here to work off your debt.” I stare at them incredulously. “Oh, you were such a little Madam on the plane, I was half tempted to roll it just for fun! But since…”

 

“You little minx, wait till I get you back home!” He laughs before sweeping his gaze coldly over me. “Get out of the seat now! Maddie!” He shouts, and I almost sit back down in shock as Madea steps in the room. “You remember her, don't you, Lindsay? She did you a kindness by reporting the assault by Michael. She will be your boss.”

 

“My...just a minute, why am I owing you money? My debt is with Talon…” I look to the door, and, willing her to come in...my prayers go unanswered.

 

“Nope, we paid her, so now you pay us….just like the court said you should.” Zee smirks. “Oh, and if you are wondering about this place, allow me to shine some lig, I mean light for you. This is the servants’ quarters, the room you were nesting in is Maru’s, he graciously allowed you to have a taste of luxury before you start at the bottom rung of a very long ladder!”

 

“I want to leave right now, this is kidnapping!”

 

“No it isn't, you and your throbbing loins got here willingly, we’re in security remember and can provide evidence to support that. And you can leave if you wish, I have no problem taking you back to the States.”

 

“Then that is what I want!” I snarl and stalk to the door. “This was…”

 

“Where you will be arrested and put back in jail to finish off the rest of your sentence...” Faal calls out and I slowly turn around. “...or don't you remember promising not to leave the country without informing the authorities first?”

 

“They tend to take a dim view of that kind of lie.” Madea pulls out her phone. “I have no problem, calling them for you, again.”

 

“This is just swapping one prison for another, isn't it?” I quaver as the full magnitude of my lack of options hits me.

 

“It is a better prison.” Zaden smarms. “Just think of all the glorious sunshine and the life skills you will gain. We will, of course, provide excellent references, depending on your aptitude for the job. Unlike McCandless, there will be nobody to do your job for you.”

 

“So I am to be your fetch and carry girl?”

 

“Good god, no, you will not be anywhere near us or DJ. You will be a dienskneg here while we go back home.” I start to look at the positives of no Zaden and being this tropical island. I look at Faal with scorn. “You'll be busy though so you won't get much time to enjoy it, what with your training and all.”

 

“So which member of your family will be lording it over me?”

 

“Temper-temper, Lindsay, learn to curb that tongue, we don't want complaints before you start now do we?” My jaw drops as my father and his harlot walk in. “I have to say, Zee, it is exquisite. How could you have given it up?”

 

“The lure of lucre proved too much. Besides, we just didn't use it enough to justify keeping it.” She smiles, and embraces first him and then her. “Now this is your dienskneg for the duration of your…”

 

“Stop calling me that! I am not a whatever it is that means!” I still the tremble of my hands by balling my fists.

 

“Servant. It means servant.” The harlot replies. “Now take our cases, my husband and I wish to see our rooms.”

 

“Husband?! Mother never said you remarried! And why were you at the airport anyway?!”

 

“Why should she, it is none of her business, she has Marcel now, and this is our honeymoon. Now to our rooms, please.”

 

“Rooms? What rooms?” I demand, still reeling at what has just transpired.

 

“In the hotel on the other side of the island.”

 

“Hotel?”

 

“Yep.” Faal kisses the side of Zaden’s neck. “You see, we sold the island to a hotel chain, and you work for them. They will pay your wage to us.”

 

“Just so there is no confusion or missed payments.” Zaden adds.

 

“What will I live on?!”

 

“They will give you enough for that, you won't need much considering the job comes with room and board.

 

“But how will I know when I have paid you back?!” I wail as tears threaten to fall.

 

“You will get your passport back and be free to fuck off under your own cognisance.” She takes a couple of steps towards me and I just about hold my ground. “Now wipe those fuck she beat me again tears, pick the cases up and go do the job you are almost being paid for!”

 

BRITIN - A DAY LATER

 

MASTER BEDROOM

 

JUSTIN

 

“Mmmm!” Floats down from the top of the bed and I slowly release my favourite cock. “No-no-no more…”

 

“No, no more, you have already dawdled with a lie in, no more taking advantage of Megan being with her grandparents. We have to set up the office. I can finish this there if you get out of bed now.”

 

“I don't take office for six months, why are we setting up now?” He grumbles and wiggles his hips.

 

“Soon-to-be-Councillor Brian Taylor-Kinney, get up now! And you know why, I have a show just before and this way I can come from that straight to help you on your first official day!” I get out of bed and whip the sheets off and firmly tug on his arm. “I mean it, Brian, get up!”

 

“Oh, alright!” He swings his gorgeous legs out of bed then pulls me to his chest; I feel him throbbing against my stomach. “A shower…” He trails off hopefully. “...I mean you can't seriously be going to leave me like this?!”

 

“A shower blow job and a slow-screw in the office, we’re going to get into monster traffic if we...Brian!” I squeal as he upends me over his shoulder and strides to the bathroom laughing, so I swat his delicious butt. “You sex maniac!”

 

“Of course I am!” He snickers, and then does an about face when his phone beeps. He reads in silence before putting me on the floor. “It worked. Lindsay thought that Faal and Zee had split up and followed him like a drone to the island!”

 

“Told you it would!” I crow, having given them the idea, I once told his ex-bestie that Brian was somewhere he wasn't just so we could be alone. He got banned from the club for refusing to believe that Brian wasn't there, and by the time he came back to Woody's we were on our way to Thailand! “What’s wrong?” He is frowning at the screen.

 

“The email Lindsay sent to Michael, she bigs it up a lot.”

 

“So. He’s in prison, what can he do? Now about that blow job…”

 

Chapter End Notes:

Please, if reviewing, be kind and constructive. Thanks.