- Text Size +

CHAPTER 15 - SMOOCHES

 

BRUTUS

 

I am trying to gauge how she is. I have, obviously heard of and know who Zaden is, but never got this close to her. She doesn’t look too mad but I am not sure.

 

“I don’t know what…”

 

“Zeus knows a lot of things but he is sloppy. If he thinks you checked out before, then he doesn't do a revisit, I always do.” Zaden settles on the desk. “Kiss him, have questions that need answering. You know so I compare and contrast to the bullshit Luther will come out with. Though I am hoping he doesn’t.” She finishes softly before bringing herself back in the room. “Crack on!”

 

I look down at Shorty and he is just looking at me, waiting, waiting for me to make a move. “Um…”

 

He steps so close that he is almost in my pants. “Lower head please.”

 

Slowly I put my arms around him and his demeanour changes. He goes still and pliant, he licks his lips and loops his arms over my neck.

 

“Oh you were so close to being the top Shorty.” Zaden laughs. “Now kiss and have done!”

 

When our lips touch, I notice two, well three things, the first is very obvious...up periscope where is the enemy….second, is his lips, his lips are soft and taste of strawberries but it is the third thing, he is not kissing me back. I lift my head and step away. “So it has been about six months. Had to infiltrate and…”

 

“Woah, what’s wrong?” Zaden hops off the desk frowning.

 

“You have made your point, both of you.” I manage to keep my embarrassment at bay. “I take it you will tell Zeus?” I start to pull on my tee then frown at her snickering, “What is amusing?”

 

“Sorry I should not have laughed. But it is just so cute. Look at him. Really look.”

 

I look at Shorty, who has his head bowed but I can see he is red faced. “I don’t understand what is happening here?”

 

“Of course you don’t. You are curious. He is gay. He knows what happens you don’t, so he’s trying to go at your pace.”

 

“I have kissed a guy before!” I exclaim.

 

“And now he knows that.” I am surprised when she takes my hand and puts it on his shoulder. “Get back to smooching. If you need pointers speak to anyone in the family, not my sons! They have a repertoire to rival the Mayor and First Man!”

 

“Wow.” I mutter but then tilt up his chin. “Tongues please.”

 

SHORTY

 

His lips are so plump, slowly I put my hands in his hair and marvel at the softness. All of my boyfriends and lovers have been White, and to be with a Black guy is new to me. It may sound odd but friends have told me that there is an assertiveness like they are...oh my, what the hell?! I almost short out as I am am on the receiving end of a toe curling kiss. He pulls me into his chest and slides a hand up my back, under my top, it is like an iron it is so warm. But not as warm as his mouth feels. Our tongues are doing the bolero in my mouth, I am trying not to whimper because it is the best kiss ever! So I am most surprised when he stops.

 

“What’s wrong?” I demand.

 

“Nothing.” He gulps some air.

 

“Then why did you stop?!”

 

“Um…” It is then I feel the throbbing and can’t help the grin. “...so I need a shower.”

 

“Need help?” I tease him, happy that he has not let go of me.

 

“Wanna sit down?” He returns.

 

“I am not into that.” I blush.

 

“Me neither.”

 

“Then why say it?” I frown.

 

"Not what I mean."

 

"What do you mean then?" I gape at him after he whispers in my ear. “You have got to be joking?!”

 

“Nope. You would be my first ever.”

 

“But why? You are a good looking guy, surely you have gotten laid?!”

 

“Nope.”

 

“Oh this is not cute, this is adorable.” Zaden still being here surprises us but she doesn’t seem to mind our astonishment. “Go get cleaned up, but before you do what was with the phone call?”

 

“Oh um Gardner Vance is in a lot of pictures since the he got elected. He looks really pissed off.” I explain and nod at the photos. She looks at each one carefully before pulling out her phone, I feel Brutus tense up then let go of me. “What is…?”

 

“Babe get in here!” She bellows, Faal arrives but she is still texting on her phone and that surprises me. “Check them out.” She orders gesturing at the photos. “This is Zaden, put me through.” Brutus and I exchange puzzled looks. “I want a clean line.” For a few minutes nobody says a word but Faal is making circles on the photos.

 

“Hey, how long had Tank been on Vance and why was he taken off?” She pinches her nose and then says nothing but does nod and grimace during the call. It is a good ten minutes before she hangs up.

 

“Deets.” Faal demands as he rummages through the other photos I had stacked up ready for their approval. “When was he released?”

 

“Just after Stockwell died.” She replies. “Turned up at his old place and pitched a fit when he found out she had sold it to me. Paid it no mind, stupid of me.”

 

“Lig. Don’t take a walk down Guilt Avenue. He was not a threat then, we know he is now.”

 

“Threat?!” I squeak. “Um what do you mean threat?” I swallow hard as I realise something about the last batch of photos,

 

“What’s wrong?” Brutus growls.

 

“This photo was taken last week…” I pull it out of the pile.

 

“Yeah. While there is Vance there is no Tank.” Faal adds. “Where is he?”

 

“Appendectomy.” She grouses. “He collapsed before he could get his report to them. His partner was on holiday so there was a break in communication, his provisional partner saw no problem and didn’t assign cover!”

 

“For fuck sake it is basic! So fucking basic!” Brutus snarks. “Now I am out in the open, want me to find him?”

 

She and Faal exchange looks before she nods. “Now I have to speak to Da...Luther. You my darling need to call Brian and Justin, tell them we have, not we may have, we have a problem!”

 

“Okay. Brutus do you pack?”

 

Pack?!

 

“Yes.”

 

“You carry a gun?!” I exclaim then wobble, three sets of hands reach to steady me. “Why?!”

 

“In case he goes down.” He nods at Faal. “Zeus may have hired me, but Luther’s orders are that I die before she does.”

 

“Not one word!” Zaden declares before walking out.

 

For a few minutes nobody says anything. “So now what?” I ask.

 

“I go interrupt MJ time.” Faal sighs. “Why can't we just catch a frigging break from the craziness?” He gathers the photos and heads to the door before pausing and smiling. “Welcome to the family you two.”

 

“Thanks.” Brutus mutters then turns to me after the door is closed. “You have a problem with guns?”

 

“No. Just where you packed it!”

 

“Meaning?”

 

“Well it’s down there…” I gesture at his crotch. “...for that I am extremely relieved. That felt like a bratwurst!”

 

“No it’s here.” He pulls a gun from the back of his pants. “That is all bratwurst..”

 

I almost pass out.

 

 

 

Chapter End Notes:

Please review kindly and constructively. Thanks.