- Text Size +

CHAPTER 20 - VERY STUPID IDEA, THE SIZE OF THINGS AND GOOD RIDDANCE!


VANCE


I settle our bills and usher her out before she changes her mind. Someone calls her name but she keeps walking. Ten minutes later we are in a cab and she is all over me. 


“Uh, can you tell me where you want to screw, because you are not doing it in the cab!” The driver orders. She slides off my lap and gives him a hotel address. 


“I am not normally like this.” She murmurs.


“Do you not want to now?” I pray really hard.


“Oh I want to! I just don't want you to think that I am like this every time I am at a bar. I have been overseas and the return home wasn’t as welcoming as I thought it would be.”


“I see. I was abroad too. Where were you?”


“South Africa. You?”


“All over Europe.”


“We’re here.” The cabbie declares. I give him the fare and a hefty tip before following her inside.


CAR OUTSIDE THE HOTEL - FIVE MINUTES LATER


SHORTY


I can’t help the grin, it is so exciting! “Shorty, focus!” Brutus demands. “Are you absolutely sure that was the right cab?”


“Absolutely.” I nod vigorously.


“Okay, I will park, you go and see. Hopefully they are still in reception.” 


I scramble out of the car and dash inside. My heart pounds faster because there is a queue, so they are still waiting to check in. I cringe as he says something in her ear whilst palming her ass. She giggles and strokes the back of his neck.


“Well done.” Brutus whispers, I almost squeal in surprise. 


“Now what do we do?” I mutter.


“We wait and observe. Be right back.” I nod as he heads to reception and looks at the places of interest stand for a few minutes. The queue starts to move faster, but soon he is coming back smiling. “We're checking in.”


“Checking in? Why?” I frown.


“Because they are. Ask for a room on the 7th floor.” He propels me towards reception. Five minutes later we are sharing a lift with them. Them being all over each other is almost making everyone in the lift barf. This is confirmed when there are sighs of relief when they get out.


“Have you got anything?” She asks, and he curses. “Well go and get some, this will give me time to freshen up. How about I order some champagne maybe?”


“Perfect. I won't be long. And how about we conserve water and freshen up together?” Brutus rolls his eyes as we walk behind them. “Do you have a preference?”


“Such a gentleman!” She giggles. “Shall I come with you?” He nods. “First, let’s put our stuff in the room.”


We walk past their room, and again I almost squeak as Brutus suddenly pulls me down the corridor. “Will you stop that?!” I berate him. He just grins. “So now what?” 


“Stay here.” He orders and walks into the corridor. “Excuse me! Is this yours?” I hear him call out. “I think this $50 is yours…”


“Oh yes.” I hear Vance reply. “Thanks very much.” 


“No problem.” Brutus replies. “Well, have a good day.”


“Oh we will!” Vance laughs, I hear a door open but daren't peek even though I am dying to. The door opens again. I hear muttering, the lift door opens and then nothing.


I can’t understand what Brutus is doing. I wait for what seems like ten minutes for him to come back. The silence is unnerving me. Finally I can bear it no longer and peek.


“You get a long deep throating for your patience.” Brutus smirks from about a foot away. “Come on, let's get inside.”


SHORTY


“Which room is theirs then?” I ask.


“This one.” Brutus replies, and it is then I spot his attache case on the side and gape at him. “Quick, go through that, see what you can find! She took her purse but had another bag, I didn’t...ah, got it! Shorty, start searching!”


WALGREENS - FIVE MINUTES LATER


VANCE


I watch her peruse the condoms selection, making her choice then heading to check out the massage oils. Seems we’re in for a long night of it! I can't believe my luck. I hadn't been to the club much when I was married, that was something I wasn't interested in, but Jenna persuaded me, but now she is shacked up with some other poor sucker and I still  have another six months of membership, I thought I would check it out. 


I could not believe it when I saw Zaden coming down the corridor alone. Whilst I know she is the head of the company, I don't believe all of that military guff. Of her brothers who look built for that kind of thing, absolutely, but her? No way! So I was ready to say my piece when a waiter came out, so the opportunity was lost, but there will be another time. I need to fix Kinney and his husband first. 


Subconsciously, I rub my ring finger and feel the absence of my chain, but it is for a worthy cause. 


“What do you think of these?” Lindsay asks, showing me her selection, I smile and nod, then head to pay. 


LINDSAY AND VANCE’S ROOM - TEN MINUTES LATER


BRUTUS


“OK, hopefully they are too horny to notice anything, let’s go!” I check the corridor and shove Shorty ahead of me. “What’s our room number?!” 


“706!”


“Be less than five minutes, get inside!” I order when I hear the lift and sprint down the corridor where Shorty was waiting before.


BRUTUS AND SHORTY’S ROOM - TWO MINUTES LATER


SHORTY


I have never been so turned on in my life! I watch the door, the moment Brutus comes in, before it is even closed, I pounce on him. His heart is beating as fast as mine. He groans, then picks me up. We stumble our way to the couch and just about land on it, me on top of him. The urgency dissipates but not the need. Two soft tugs have me lifting my head.


“Need air?” I tease.


“Nope. To ask something.”


“Before you do that, how did we get in the room?”


“The money is a card overrider.” I frown. “It’s a rather ingenious little toy that overrides a swipe card for a hotel room. Only works once though.” I just blink. “Like her father said, they are very high level with serious pull. Him being a politician now gives him special services, literally special services. It is just not her watching him. Stark is the last line of defence.” He smiles wide. “Your eyes got real big just then.” I kiss his nose. “So wanna know what I want to ask?”


I answer by getting up and pointing to the bedroom. 


VANCE AND LINDSEY'S ROOM - FIVE HOURS LATER


VANCE


We are sitting at the table sipping coffee. As couplings go it was pretty good. I stretch and look out the window. “So, Justin, you obviously know him well?”


“Know and loathe, along with Zaden! Those two creatures…” She shakes her head. “...he is just a slut and she is so uncouth it is unreal!” 


“But she is very smart. She is a billionaire after all.” I point out. “And what Brian has achieved is incredible.” 


“She’s garish and flashy!” Oh, do I see a little green eyed monster? “Always showing off, if it wasn't for her Brian would be concentrating on being the father I know him capable of being. Instead, he is neglecting his obligations to our son. I am sorry I am rambling, but I get so irate that they have what they have by dubious means. Justin has artistic flare, I discovered him after all, but he is wasted here, and now as the First Man he is denying the world his true calling!”


“But they seem very together and happy.”


“I know Brian, I have for years, and the one thing he is not is happy. I don’t think he wanted another child but Justin managed to persuade him, again using his sluttish powers. I should imagine that Zaden and he conspired together to trap both Brian and Faal to them.” 


I nod and smile whilst trying to remember if, in the numerous articles I read, he ever mention that he has another child. I don't think so, but make a mental note to check.


“And it was Zaden that persuaded my children to abandon me, my wife to leave me, and just ruined my life. And all because of her insecurities. You’d think having all of that money she would buy some confidence!”


“Did she? Why don’t you tell me all about that.” I smile over my cup at her.


MAYOR TAYLOR- KINNEY’S HQ - MID MORNING, NEXT DAY


SECURITY ROOM


ZEON


“So then what happened?” I listen, enthralled, as Shorty describes their following of Lindsay and Vance to their hotel, though am a bit peeved that she gave the overrider to Brutus and not us. 


“Faal told me about her wanting the notarised agreement for the loan, as in they don’t want it back from her. Then looking through his stuff, this is the worry. He has applied for the expunging of his record.”


“What for?” Zan frowns.


“So he can get a gun permit?” Brutus sighs. “Found this as well...he had one before, but obviously it was revoked when he got banged up. Not sure how he can have this done though.”


“Same way he got a light sentence for violent crime. Let me call Solly and see what he can do.” Zee twirls her pen then looks between Brutus and Shorty and starts to grin. “Shorty, you tired?” 


“Not really, why?” He replies, concentrating on the photos we took.


“It’s just we've been in from seven. You haven’t sat down since you got here, and when you walk you wince and smile. So what gives? Or should that be what did you take?”


“I don't talk about that kind of thing.” He replies primly. “This is a working environment and is privy to certain rules and regulations.” 


“Did he pitch and catch or just catch, Brutus?” I tease him but he says nothing.


“How about we all share?” Zee suggests, the four of us look confused. “I think Zan should go first…”


“First to share what and why?” He looks wary.


“Sex tales. We need levity, and maybe some envy, so...when was the last time?”


“Zaden!” Zeus exclaims from the speaker. He is currently in New York “Cynthia would hate it, and, most probably, cut my considerable dick off if I told you that!”


“Considerable. So what’s that in inches, bro?” Zan snickers.


“Bigger than yours.” Zeus asserts.


“I know how big Brutus is and have seen you, you are nowhere near that.” Faal returns.


“You know how big...how?!” Shorty gasps.


“Showered together once. I am not ashamed.” Faal replies, then notices the quiet. “After a gym workout session I mean!” 


“Doofus!” Zee laughs. “So we have…considerable and...”


“Bratwurst.” Shorty blushes then peeks at Brutus to see if he can continue. He gets a small nod. “He pitched then received. I can’t believe we are having this conversation!”


“He's at least eight by two and a half.” Brutus smiles, Shorty goes redder. “You want to sit down since they know?” At first he just stares at him, before he nods in relief then sits gingerly in his lap. “And was very gentle.”


“I am eight by two, which Mac is very happy about.” Zan admits.


“Hah! Eight and a half by two and a half!” I crow. “And last night in the kitchen...”


“Ewww!” Zeus and Zan squeal.


“At the country club! I helped with the clean up…” I shoot Zee a look. “...since someone interrupted the prep.”


“Oh, that’s okay then.” Zeus breathes. Now all eyes turn to Zee and Faal. “Have they left the room? Typical, they start a raunchy conversation, then leave before we get their…”


“Ten by three.” Zee replies.


“Ten? Ten by three?” I gasp.


“Yep. And she doesn’t have a gag reflex.” Faal grins. “So I am…” He is cut off by Zee’s phone ringing.


“Zaden Stark. Oh, hi there, how are you…” Her face falls and we go quiet. When she hangs up ten minutes later, she is shaking her head. “Zeus, get to Portland and get everyone ready to leave. Zan, call Mac and get her to take them to the castle. When this breaks, and with Lindsay fucking around plotting heaven knows what, we cannot be here.”


BRITIN - LATE EVENING


MASTER BEDROOM


BRIAN


He is so quiet. We're wrapped around each other, still in shock I guess. It’s been a few hours. We're going to fly down tomorrow morning and meet the rest of the family in Tuscany.


“I won’t feel guilt.” He looks up at me. 


“Good. So what do you want to do?”


“About what?” He frowns, then gets it. “I see. Nothing, I said my piece, this just saves us a shitload of court fees.”


“But what about…”

 

“He died there, they can bury him.” He replies. 

Chapter End Notes:

Please be constructive and kind if reviewing. Thanks