- Text Size +

CHAPTER 29 - SWALLOW, HOLLER AND FOLLOW


GARDNER


Oh, they have got to be kidding! I watch in disgust as they run out laughing. This is an auspicious event, and they are most likely going to rut like stags!


“I think your lady friend would really like to swap seats with me.” My new friend, Joelle Rock, mutters. “It’s a toss up who’s getting the deadlier looks: me, or the guy trying to get down her dress!”


I look down the table and wince. “Would you mind, Joelle, since I haven’t been a very good companion?”


“Not at all. I will just speak to the Maitre’d about another seat other than that one though!” 


“Thanks so much. Some soothing of feathers is badly needed.” I lean in to kiss her cheek, but on hearing the sharp intake of breath, think better of it and quickly approach. 


“Lindsay, darling, I am so sorry! I had no idea you had moved to this table!”


“I noticed!” She retorts. “You friend has moved, I see, so I can finally join you!” 


“Oh, but we were having such a wonderful talk!” The guy objects.


“Which is now over.” I return, holding his gaze; then smirking as he looks away. “Let me make it up to you later? Her sour expression changes. “I take it that’s a yes?”


“Maybe.” She follows me to our seats. “Who was that anyway?”


“Joelle Rock, I have known her for years. Friend of my first ex-wife.” I lie smoothly, beginning to frown as she stares ahead in confusion. “Seems the Mayor and First Man had another appointment and left in a hurry.”


“I think we should too.” She orders, pulling on my arm. “I have other news to share regarding the First Man!” 


CHAUFFEUR CAR - 10 MINUTES LATER


LINDSAY


“You will not believe what he’s done! First Brian now Mel!”


“Who’s Mel?” He puts his arm around me.


“My ex-wife. He’s gotten her pregnant, he did the same to his best friend, who he slept with as a teenager. Hardly the actions of a gay man, is it?!” His jaw drops. He strokes my hair whilst I fume. “Why does he covet what was mine so much?!”


“I don’t know, but we should really start to let the world know what he is like.” He kisses my forehead, then pulls me closer. “But first, let me apologise properly…”


“No!” I snap, he moves back quickly. “I am not the First Man, who is happy for a quick fumble at the drop of a hat, or should I say the snap of a cap of lube! I am worth more, hell this gown is worth more!” I return the pinched glare. “It was you who abandoned me and cosied up to your friend...” I raise my hand to stop him speaking. “...leaving me to fend for myself amongst the baying wolves that is my former family. Is what I said not true?!” He gives this some thought before grudgingly nodding. “And if this situation were reversed, would you not feel the same way, in fact worse?” He nods. “And, I said maybe. Please summon the driver so he can take me home. Alone.”


LINDSAY'S RESIDENCE - AN HOUR LATER


BEDROOM


LINDSAY


I feel so much better, having vented my spleen. I called Mother from the car, and she has given me a game plan, which is very simple: we both go to the media; me with, and her without, Gardner. Well, when I say her I mean Marcel. Them now living outside of Pittsburgh plays nicely into our hands. There is no way for them to be connected. He would be speaking as a concerned citizen for the truth, oh the irony of those words!


However, I wish I hadn't hurled the wine glass into the mirror. Not because of the old wives tale about seven years bad luck, but because it cost me a lot of money! I stop picking up the shattered remains, as my feelings of outrage mount again. Justin fucktoy Boy Wonder is the father of Mel’s child! I pace the room, trying to calm down. Oh, how pleased Lynette looked during that non-witty bitchy teardown by Emmett! 


“Shake this off!” I yell, and resume clearing up, but it is not long before I give into my tears. “Mine! That child would’ve been mine, I would be the one carrying, if I had just...” I weep angrily, finally I stop crying. “...I am so glad you are dead, Michael, because of you Iago style dripping, I am in the cold. Seriously, I could happily kill you myself!”


THE PRIORY HOTEL - 10 MINUTES LATER


BRIAN AND JUSTIN’S SUITE


JUSTIN


I look up at rustle, he smiles sleepily before patting my side of the bed. “Come closer, what are you doing over there?”


“Drawing your cock again.” I reply as I put my pad down and get back into bed.


“Don’t you have enough pictures as well as that phenomenal memory of yours?” He repositions us so that we are spooning. “This is my favourite scent…” He pulls the blanket over our head. “...you, me, and our cum after fun!”


“Mmm.” I agree before snickering. “It was a whip smart thing; he led, I followed, no concocting. Although…” I turn to face him. “...I did have a word about the Egghead.”


“Ah, you beat me to that.” He nuzzles my nose, something he never does in company, neck yes, nose no...says it is just for us. The longer we’ve been together, the more ridiculously romantic he has become, and I love it! “Phone’s  ringing.” He murmurs. I snake my arm out, grab it, and give it to him. “Oh, thought it was yours. This is Taylor-Kinney. Oh, hi…” I frown as his eyes widen and then he starts to smile. “...thanks! No, really made our day!”


“Our?” I question as I put his phone back.


“Yep. Seems that HFC and Egghead had a bit of a falling out.” He starts to chuckle, I jab him in the stomach to get him to stop. “What?”


“Okay, I know you are talking about Lindsay, but HFC?”


“Hard faced crone.” He grins. “Wanna hear the rest?” I nod. “Whilst she was in the car, she made a gnashing of teeth call to Mommy Dearest. General gist is that she is going to use her partner to go to the media about you.” 


“How do you know that?” I frown.


“That was the chauffeur of his car.”


Again I frown, then start to get cross. My temper ramps up when his smile widens. “And why does his chauffeur have your number?”


“Why shouldn’t he? He has yours.” 


I gape at him. “You are kidding?” I gasp. “Who?!”


“Brutus.”


“Bru...how...when?!” Sitting up, I fling the blankets off and gaze down at my grinning husband. “Brian!”


“Fort!” He chuckles, then laughs harder at the speed with which I resume the position. “Much better. Well, it seems that Gardner Vance still likes his luxuries, and opened an account with Elixir Cars, he recognised a member of staff and insisted that he drive him. Seems he admired his honesty.”


BRIAN


“How did Zee…”


“Not Zee or Faal, this is Zeus.” I pull him closer. 


“But how did Zeus even get there?!” Justin exclaims with a smile.


“Remember when they followed them, he and Shorty?” He nods and squirrels his leg between mine. “Zeus had him trail him everywhere. Oh, that reminds me, we have to speak to his ex, let her know about the $3 million apartment he is living in…”


“Three million?!” He squeaks.


“Yeah, suspect that was not mentioned at any point…hey, where the hell are you going?!” I grumble as, yet again, the blankets are thrown off, but this time he gets out of bed.


“Be right back!” He sprints into the lounge,  but, true to his word, is back, with his iPad. “Gardner Vance divorce…” He mutters as he types and gets back in bed. I wait patiently as his fingers fly over the screen. “Oh dear…” He snickers. “...now that is unfortunate!” 


“What is?” I pull him against me and look at the screen. “What?!” I jostle.


“I thought I recognised her, she looked familiar!” He crows, wriggling. “Meet Joelle Rock.”


“Why should that induce glee?”


“Former wife’s surname was Stone, but they had a falling out when she chased the money instead of supporting her family, specifically her brother, Joe Stone…”


“Not...seriously...what?!” I gripe.


“Remember when Ems, Blake, and I went to Vegas? We took in a show called by Joelle Rocks the Cock!” I nod. “And do you remember when Egghead got chatty when plastered, and he told you about a burr in his side that he got rid of, called Joe? The ex’s brother who happens to be a transvestite!” He has been tapping whilst squirming. “Please! Please! Please!” He prays, then grabs his phone and I wait as he makes a call. “Is this Mr Joe Rock also known as Joe Stone, former brother-in-law to Gardner Vamce?! Excellent! This is Justin Taylor-Kinney! Yes, I am very serious, we can face time if you wish?” A minute later a man is gawking from the screen at us. “Believe me now?”


“Yes, but...why are you calling me?” 


“Did you enjoy the dinner?” I ask, having caught on to my devilish angel’s plan.


“It was good, apart from who I ended up being leered at by! Sorry, you don’t need to…” He starts to smile. “...have to admit, I was surprised when he came up to me and called me a pretty lady. So, Mayor Elect and Mr First Man, what do you need me to do?”


“First, are you and your sister reconciled?” Justin asks.


“Nope!” 


“Good. Did you see the woman he was with?” I ask, he nods. “She doesn’t share well.”


“Leave it to me! He slipped me his card, but I overheard him say I was an old friend of his. Oh, wait, don't I need to sign an NDA?” 


“Yes, and I am glad you said that.” Justin smiles. “Can you get to Kinnetic tomorrow, say one?”


“Yes I can.” Joe grins.


“Can I ask why? Why, without…”


“Because, Mayor Elect, I hate that man. He turned my family against me, he dripped poison in their ears about how much of a disgrace I would be if it was ever found out ‘what’ I am!”


“What happened?” Justin asks.


“As soon as he got installed in their lives, I was thrown out. Homeless for a year before finding my true family.”


“So you will have no problem, not one, mentioning to your estranged gold digger of a sister that Egghead has a three mil apartment?”


“Like I said, Mayor Elect and Mr First Man, leave it with me.” Joe smiles. “And thank you for visual…”


“What visual?” I frown.


“You have spunk in your hair, Mayor Elect…” His smile gets wider. “...and two hickeys.”


“Justin!” I grouse. He giggles. “See you tomorrow, Joe, and as for you…” I tilt his head back then kiss him deeply. His pad slips from his hands so they they can hold me to him. 


“Uh, guys, either hang up, or let me watch!” Has us springing apart.


I cut the call and ravish my husband.

 

Chapter End Notes:

Please, if reviewing, be kind and constructive. Thanks.