- Text Size +

CHAPTER 44 - HE COMES THROUGH...AND THE PACK GATHERS


VANCE’S HOTEL - A DAY LATER


VANCE


Hmm. I investigate the bag again. I couldn’t have taken that much surely?! It’s almost half empty. When I lick my teeth, I’m revolted by the taste and feel and run to brush them..  


“Much better.” I declare before pouring myself some coffee.


I cast my mind back to my wank at their place. Kinney would go ballistic if he knew I got in! I’m surprised that they don’t have more security, but then again, his arrogance most likely makes him feel untouchable! I wonder what it’s like inside. It would be such a victory to fuck Justin in their home in front of him, then I remember something. Quickly, I reach for my laptop and scroll through the articles that I have saved on the ‘Wonder Couple’, and I find it...they’re monogamous! Maybe I can ‘kill’ them both another way, and that’s by ruining the one thing that is so bloody pure: their love!


SCI ALBION - AFTERNOON 


MEETING ROOM 7 


ARCHIE


I’m trying to focus on the magazine, but my eyes drift to the door, all eyes do. Much to everyone’s surprise, the board brought the meeting forward. I was too nervous to attend, so it’s Lute speaking for me. 


“Kingsman, try breathing.” Guard Swift rubs my shoulder. “He’s going to do good by you.”


“I know that, but what if…”


“What if what?” Lute asks. We all jump, as we hadn’t heard the door open. “What if what?”


“They don’t believe you.” I whisper.


“Because of what I’m in for?” He nods in understanding. We’ve discussed this, and despite assurances that this is about ‘me not him’, I’m still nervous. “Well that is their choice.”


“Which they didn’t make.” JR chirrups holding a bag. “I’ve got a shitload of faith in my Grampa, so here.” She places the bag on the table and takes away the magazine. 


“That’s a Louis Vuitton bag.” I gasp, as people crowd around to look at it.


“Actually, it’s a Louis Vuitton set. The rest of them are in the Warden’s office.” JR starts to take off the packaging. “Aunt Zee sent it.” 


“Why?” I frown as I stroke the leather. I’ve never had anything so expensive in my life! 


“Kingsman.” Guard Swift snorts. “Come on!”


“Come on what?” I demand. “Why would your daughter get me a set of Louis…” I trail off as Lute starts to smile. “You...you’re kidding? You...you did it?” 


“Well I couldn’t let my best friend down now could I?” Lute’s eyes are shining. “Promise to come visit?” 


“Lute!” I shout before bursting into tears. 


“Let’s give them the room.” Guard Swift orders. “You’ve got ten minutes.”


“Thanks.” I hear Lute say above my sobs, as the door shuts. “There’s a handkerchief in there.” He points at the front pocket of the bag. “She said you’d need it in any event.”


I hiccup a laugh and take it out. Once I mop myself up, I look at my best friend. 


“Thank you.” I squeeze his arm. “So now what happens?”


“Welcome. Like we said, you shouldn’t have gotten as long as you did. The board says it is going to review the sentence, this is down to Ephraim, and he’s…”


“Where is he?” 


“Arch, let me finish, then ask questions okay?” I nod. “Ephraim is in there arguing that your release should be within the next two weeks. There was no immediate rejection, so they’re at least considering it. If it happens, the next thing that happens is you need to find somewhere to live. I’ve spoken to Zee and Faal; they have a small cottage, which you can stay in for the next year.” I gawk at him. “I don’t want to be worrying about where you are.” He squeezes my arm, as once more I’m sobbing.


IGGY WOOLLEY’S HOME - NEXT MORNING


CODY


Jeez he looks like shit! I step aside for Vance, he almost runs to the lounge. Iggy and I were surprised to receive the call last night. “Morning, Graham, are you doing okay?” Iggy asks,


“Slight migraine.” He mutters, his gaze fixed on his supply. “Before I pay, can you weigh it, please?”


Both Iggy and my hackles rise. “Why?”


“Well, I don’t, like you, want to be short changed. As a businessman, you understand surely?”


Iggy gives this some thought, then nods at me to fetch the scales. Ten minutes later, he seems satisfied, but still looks puzzled. “Problem still?”


“No, no, of course not. I was just wondering about something, nothing to do with our arrangement.” 


“Good, I would hate for us to have a falling out.” I state. “There are plenty of people like you, but people like Iggy and I not so much.”


“Hmm, but I’m not like your other customers, I can stop whenever I want.” He smarms before he hands me the pouch. I take twice as long counting it out whilst he almost gurgles with frustration.


“It's all yours.” I hold it out. I feel the relief pour off of him. Like last time, he mutters his thanks, before quickly departing.


“Wonder what was chafing his ass?” I frown.


“Dunno, but I’m going to call Zeus and let him know he came calling.”


TREEHOUSE - TWO HOURS LATER


SECURITY OFFICE


ZEE


We're stunned. The fingerprints on the glass have been confirmed as Sapperstein and Vance’s, but it turns out that Sapperstein had a heart defect, had a couple of months tops, he never knew as he refused to attend a single medical appointment. There were traces of digitalis but not enough to kill him. 


“Surely we can pick Vance up for trespassing and doing what he did?” Zeus asks. I shake my head. “He went to Iggy for more, and…” He’s interrupted by my phone, he signals for ‘speaker’.


“This is Zaden. Hi, Vince, what you got for us, something good?”


“Better than good. Is Zeus there?” 


“Yep. Spill.” He orders.


“We found a packet of cocaine on the grounds. Right where he was doing what he was doing? Do you think you can get Iggy to ID it to confirm he supplied it?” 


“Sure, but what good would that do?” I frown too sick and tired of this to think straight.


“Maybe nothing, but Alice raised a good point. How did he know about this place? Wait, let me get her to tell you what she found out.”


“Hi, guys…” Alice sounds very chipper. “...like I asked, so I did a bit of digging. He’s a property whore, he tried to get this place when he was released. If you remember, it was ‘on the market’, and has been ever since Brian started his campaign. Phil was going through all the discs, and...he's here, well?”


“He came here about two years ago. He’s on tape looking through the gates, but that’s not all…”


“What else could there be?” I demand.


“He was watching the boys at it in the flower beds, and that’s where he was…”


“Urgh!” I flinch.


“Hold up…” Brian’s voice chimes in. “...I have an idea to end this shit!” 


“How?” I ask.


“Get him to come to our home.” I grin, but Zeus looks confused. “Not Britin, obviously, but our new home, which will be all over the media.”


“Brian, you fucking genius!” Zeus exclaims. 


“We will get Ben to get it out there.” Justin declares. “And when he comes calling, we and the rest of the family will be there to welcome him with open and fully loaded arms.”

 

Chapter End Notes:

If reviewing, please be kind and constructive. Thx