- Text Size +

CHAPTER 6 - HEARING AND SEEING ALMOST CLEARLY

 

ADIRONDACK PRISON - THREE DAYS LATER

 

STOCKWELL'S CELL

 

MICHAEL

 

“Will you stop it!” Stockwell has been pacing for the last half an hour. “Bringing your hearing forward can only be seen as a good thing, right?”

 

“I suppose so.” He nods. “I take it you read his bullshit statement?”

 

“Caught a glimpse at it, but didn't read it properly.”

 

“It was all about how he is going to be inclusive and bullcrap. Most likely he will get them teaching sodomy in schools as his first priority!” He snatches up the paper and tosses it at me.

 

The picture takes my breath away. I have not heard from Brian, and in the intervening years he has gotten better looking, if that were possible! It is just him on the front, and when I go to the inside pages, there he is in his mayoral office. It seems vaguely familiar, but I can't quite place where it is. I seethe inwardly, for in the background is his dream team, according to him: Ben; that cow, Cynthia; a couple of the Stark brothers; and...he can't be serious?! For there, grinning next to Ben, is my mother!

 

“What is this crock of shit?!” I bitch.

 

“My thoughts exactly!” Stockwell seethes. I jump slightly as I had forgotten about him completely. “I can't wait to get out to run against him!”

 

“Run against him? So you're not going to deal with them, especially Boy, I mean his husband? You sure were so angry when you found out all he's done.”

 

“I was beyond fucked, but no, and realistically, nobody would get near them.” He sighs.

 

“Because of Stark Securities?” I nod in understanding but he looks confused. “I heard that he is guarded by one of the best security firms in the world. Tagline: We die first. They have almost top level clearance.”

 

“How do you know all of this?” He sits on his bed frowning. “That would be inside information…”

 

“Like I said before, I kept my ears open. You could still deal with him, the husband, I mean…”

 

“And like I said, couldn't get near them, and besides, the first person they would look at is me.” He replies, then strides to the door. “Come on, let's practise some more.”

 

“Why the hell would they look at you though?” I follow him out and we head to the yard.

 

“NOVOTNY!” We both jump at the voice and turn around. “You have mail! Break room, computer seven.”

 

“Mail? Are you sure?” I haven't heard from anybody in the two years I have been here.

 

“I am sure. It is such a rare occurrence that I almost announced it on the PA system!” The guard sneers. “You have 30 minutes. Well, 28 now that you've wasted two minutes dawdling.”

 

“Go and check it, Michael, I’ll see you out there,” Stockwell orders, and strides out.

 

As I head to the break room, my heart starts to beat faster. Could it be?! I see a discarded paper and snatch it up, then run to the break room. I take my seat, and with trembling fingers I go to the article and read the words again...I will reach out to those who have been alienated and discarded by their friends and family for whatever reason...I take a couple of deep breaths, I knew it, it can't be coincidence that he becomes Mayor, this article, who is not in it or mentioned, and now mail...can it?!

 

COUNCILMAN TAYLOR-KINNEY’S HQ - SAME TIME

 

VANCE’S FORMER OFFICE

 

JUSTIN

 

“Brian!” I gasp as he slams into me lifting me off the desk. “More, more, more…”

 

“You want more, Mr First and Only Man? More of this?” He croons and reaches for my straining cock.

 

“Yes, please yes!” I wriggle a little to bring him in deeper and he goes still. “Brian?”

 

“Just savouring the feel of your hot tight ass.” He moans. “Perfect, just perfect!” He strokes my cock in sync with his thrusts; I ball my fists in my eyes and squeal with delight.

 

“Will never been enough. Never!” I hook my ankles around his neck and he pulls me tighter to his hips. “I love you…”

 

“Jesus, Justin!” He starts to piston harder and faster and I can feel it coming from my toes.

 

“Close-close-close!” I chant.

 

“Mine-mine-mine!” He cries and then stiffens. “Christ!”

 

“YOURS!” I scream and then we explode within seconds of each other then there’s a flash. I blink to clear my vision as we slowly sink back onto the desk, gently he lowers my legs and rubs my hips. “What was that?”

 

“What?” He helps me to sit up and then looks around. “Where’d my pants go?”

 

“Over there. There was a flash.”

 

“A flash…”

 

“Come back!” Someone shouts and we dash to the window to see one of the security guards pelting after someone and easily catching him. He wrestles him to the ground and with very little effort flings him over his shoulder and heads back to the building.

 

“What the hell is going on?!” Brian growls as he does up his pants, and we quickly get redressed.

 

“Sit your ass down and explain!” The guy shouts, and we dash out to find a guy towering over the now cowering young man with a camera clutched tightly to his chest. “Give it or I will take it!”

 

“You’re going to break it!”

 

“I will break your fingers as well if you don’t hand it over!” The man snarls at him.

 

“Everyone calm down!” Steve shouts. “What are you doing with Shorty?”

 

“Stopping him from taking unauthorised pictures of the Mayor!” The guy jabs a finger at Shorty. “He was outside the window and took one!”

 

“Why?!” Steve demands, and Shorty starts to go red. “Answer me!”

 

“It’s the Stud and the man that caught him!” He blurts out. “I wasn’t old enough to see him in action! And...well...it’s for my…”

 

Brian and I exchange smiles. “Thanks, we think.” I laugh. “But I really must insist you hand that over, we don’t want it to turn up where it shouldn’t.”

 

“Can I see it?” Brian asks, and Shorty slowly hands over the camera, keeping it as far from the guard as he can.

 

“Who are you by the way?” I ask.

 

“Brutus.” He replies, his eyes never leaving Shorty. “Zeus sent me. Am supposed to ask for Ben, but spotted this guy first.”

 

“Oh I see. Well…”

 

“Sunshine...we look awesome in this!” Brian drools and I lean over to take a look, you can’t see much but you can see our expression just as we both cum. “I need you to forward that to me!”

 

“Forward it to um...Cynthia instead.” I lick my lips and Brian inhales sharply as he flicks through the pictures. “How long were you out there?!”

 

“Got there when you started hanging the painting.” Shorty replies. “Then you just looked at him, wound your fingers through his hair for the kiss and…”

 

“Jesus, I have never realised how bendy you are!”

 

“Down, boys!” Steve admonishes us. “So let me make the formal introductions, Brian, Justin and Brutus you said?” Brutus nods. “This is Shorty, he's the new assistant for Ben.”

 

“The hell he is!” Brutus exclaims. “First rule of assisting is discretion!”

 

“He has a point.” Brian has yet to hand back the camera. “Where’d you get this from?”

 

“Amazon. Look, I know what I did was stupid, but...what? Why are you smiling like that?”

 

“How much are we paying him?” Brian has his business face on.

 

“Brian!” I gasp. “You’re not serious?! We can't hire him now, look what he did!”

 

“Of course we can. Just not in the mayor's office in any capacity that has him near official documents. But from an artist point of view, look at the pictures Sunshine, take what they depict out of it, and look…” I take the camera off of him and look and then I see it...the talent shines through. “...so can we?” He wraps his arms around my waist.

 

“Steve, can I see Shorty’s resume please?” He nods and heads to Ben’s office whilst we wait in silence. “Thanks.” I take it off him and we both read quietly.

 

“This way we control the images and they will be perfect.” Brian kisses my cheek.

 

“What's happening here?” Ben demands as he comes in.

 

“You need to hire another assistant, Shorty here needs to sign an NDA, because he is our official photographer, and...” I explain with a smile.

 

“He is?” “I am?” Ben and Shorty say at the same time.

 

“Yep. I really hated the pictures they took, and the narcissist in Sunshine made the photographer delete the ones he was in…” I give him a squeeze. “...and I am glad he did, as they didn't capture his beauty.”

 

“Awww.” I grin and kiss him under his chin. “But we are not so naive enough to believe that this would be for your spank bank alone. Like you said, this is The Stud and I am The Twink who caught, not tamed him. The media knows his background, but nobody has anything just words.” I look through them pictures again. “You got here on the gay vote mostly. So show how we celebrated that.”

 

“Okay, give it to me.” Ben reaches for the camera then pauses and looks between Shorty and Brutus. “You gay?”

 

“Curious.” Brutus responds, he hasn't stopped looking at Shorty.

 

“Wanna kiss him?” Steve asks.

 

“After I spank him.” Brutus licks his lips and Shorty goes pale.

 

“Bear that in mind if you try and fuck us over okay?” Steve retorts, all Shorty does is nod.

 

ADIRONDACK PRISON - FORTY MINUTES LATER

 

BREAK ROOM

 

MICHAEL

 

“I am telling you the computer malfunctioned and that’s why I never logged on! I need extra time to read my mail!” I demand.

 

“And I am telling you, it is because you were reading the newspaper that you ran out of time. You know we have cameras in here right?” The guard from earlier rubs his temple. “Book time in and come back tomorrow. You are done today!”

 

“This is inhumane!” I choke out, desperate to read what he has sent to me.

 

“Book time in or all privileges are revoked for a week!”

 

Twenty minutes later I am sobbing in a stall as quietly as I can. I know Brian has reached out to me, I just know it!

 

STOCKWELL'S CELL - NEXT AFTERNOON

 

STOCKWELL

 

I check the clock in the atrium. He should be here soon. I hear the squeak of his trainers along the corridor. I smile and wait for him to come in. As soon as he steps inside I gesture for him to sit down.

 

“Well, what did the warden say?” He asks eagerly.

 

“Well, Michael, there isn't going to be a parole hearing.”

 

“What? Why? And where are your things?”

 

“Are you telling me you don't know why or where I am now fucking going?!” I hiss, never wishing more than ever that I had a gun. “You, my friend, and good all American straight man! Or should I say traitor to all decent people and faggot!” He looks quickly at the door and starts to back away. “Oh, how you played me!”

 

“Played? What are you talking about?! I am not gay and don't understand why or where you…”

 

“I know the pain of betrayal. To know what it is like to have your trust, the very thing you believe of a person, rocked to their foundations. I had a friend called Michael Novotny, who is currently serving time in Adirondack Prison, in New York, who said he loved me, but did everything in his power to keep me miserable, to keep me from the man I loved, all because he wanted me for himself.” I pause in reading the article and look at him. “And that’s not you, right?”

 

“No, I’m not…” He begins but then I show him the page and there for all to see is his mug shot. “...what the...”

 

“There's more…” I sneer.

 

MICHAEL

 

I can't take my eyes off the page...his voice fades to grey as I take it in; Mayor Elect in love tryst...with husband blares the headline. The subheading declares that The Former Stud of Liberty Avenue has been changed, not tamed by The Twink, and he is the only one who could change him. Then I see the picture and I feel even more sickened, the rapture on their faces.

 

“Why? Why would he do this? Especially like this!” I mutter and then manage to step out of the reach of his punch. “Guard!” I scream and immediately one rushes in, subduing Stockwell easily. “What is wrong with you?!”

 

“I am being transferred to Attica! Do you know what they do to cops there?!”

 

“Why though?! What does it have to do with me?!”

 

“Because you were the only person I told! And now there won’t be another parole hearing for me, ever!”

 

I stop still and then swallow hard. “I never said anything to anyone! I promise you that!” I know what they do to bitches who snitch in here!

 

“Why would I believe the promise of a faggot?!” He kicks out at me but is quickly slammed to the floor. “Ow fuck! Let got of me! Get off!”

 

“Code Red in Stockwell Cell! Code Red!” The guard yells, and I am hustled out of the way before he is removed, shouting and swearing.

 

BREAK ROOM - THREE HOURS LATER

 

MICHAEL

 

All I feel is relief, I am being moved out of general pop to a safer wing as of today. I had moved to general pop because, quite frankly, I was bored! But now that Stockwell has branded me a snitch, the looks I started to get scared me.

 

“You have thirty minutes!” I nod and quickly boot up the computer, I was surprised to find out that the computers are different in each break room. It takes a good ten minutes to open up and another five to open up the email. The guard is smirking. And it gets bigger when he catches, no doubt, the furious look on my face. “Bad news? Shame. Care to share?”

 

“No.” I declare hotly. “I just want to print this and be on my way!”

 

Twenty minutes later I am in my new cell, staring hatefully at the email from Lindsay, detailing her new life with Faal, how Brian and Justin’s daughter are great friends with Faal’s kid and, no doubt, her soon to be stepdaughter.

 

I look up when the door knocks and frown at my visitor.

 

“Luther Stark wants to see you. Not up for discussion.” The guy growls, and I shuffle off the bed and follow him to the cell. “He’s here.”

 

LUTHER

 

I wave Fox off, and look a very scared Novotny up and down. “Don’t worry, I am not going to harm you. They seem happy, Kinney and his husband. He’s gone from strength to strength in your enforced absence.” He says nothing. “That was all I wanted to say...oh, and welcome to the wing!”

 

“Thanks.” He grunts. “See you around.”

 

As he turns and leaves I see Fox hovering. I frown as he knows better than to listen in, but he holds up a forestalling hand. “Found this...thought you might find it interesting.”

 

I take the paper from him and start to read...and then start to feel pleased that she is miserable and that shit-caring show was just that, a shit-caring show! I have to admit that she almost had me, but now I know what I know, I can’t wait to rub it in her face!

 

Chapter End Notes:

Please review kindly and constructively. Thanks.