- Text Size +

CHAPTER 14 - LISTENING, TONSURING AND ALMOST GETTING AWAY WITH IT!

 

LINDSAY

 

I make myself comfortable, put him on speaker then smile as he chuckles, I know that chuckle, it is the one that means he is very relaxed and content. “Oh,  it is good to hear you laugh.”

 

“Oh this is good too.” He returns quietly.

 

“I am so glad you returned my call. I didn’t think you would.”

 

“Hmm.” He murmurs.

 

“So what has been happening with you, Mr Mayor? I can’t believe it, but then I can, only you could pull this off! How did it happen?!”

 

“It...it was Zee. She got drunk and challenged me to run. And, well you know me…”

 

“Yes, Peter, I do. You never back down from a challenge. I am surprised though that Justin allowed you to do this, would not have thought that this is his thing.”

 

“He was...was….equally enthusiastic about it, especially since we lost the other bet.”

 

“Other bet? What other bet?” I frown then stare at the black screen, when I think I hear something odd “Are you okay?”

 

“Yep, am more than fine. So the other bet...” He pauses. “...100 fucks first.”

 

“100 fucks first?”

 

“Mmm. Zee, Faal, Justin and I had a bet that we could fuck 100 times in each other’s places, and, annoyingly, they won.” He pauses again. “And Justin felt it only right to restore the Taylor-Kinney honour.”

 

“Oh I see.” I grimace, the memory of Zee and Faal’s frantic coupling in the workshop is now in the forefront of my mind. “So where is First Man of Pittsburg? I hope he is not neglecting his duties as the mayor’s consort.” I want to say concubine, but I daren’t, well not until I am back in the fold. “Is he still painting?”

 

“Yep.”

 

I frown as there is definitely something odd about this conversation. “Brian, are you sure you are okay? You sound a little off.”

 

“Am...fine...and speak...speaking of off. Yes, get me off, get me off!” Gasping, I realise what was odd about this conversation! “Yes! Yes! Oh, yes, fuck yes! Heaven!” He groans, for a few seconds after there is nothing but the sound of him panting, next the gentle murmurings of post coital passion fills my room, I am rooted to the spot. I listen to their declarations of love and happiness; jealousy, anger and humiliation wash over me; how could Peter do this?! No, this is not Peter, this is all Justin, he has done this! I remember Michael telling me about the time he heard them and how it made him feel, never once thinking I would ever feel the same. “Are you still there? About just now, he kinda surprised me! And was most insistent.”

 

Then you should've stopped him!

 

“Who did?” I ask casually. “I went to get some wine. So where were we?” I continue as I start to calm down. I blink as the screen lights up and their smiling faces fill it.

 

A video call with lights off! That’s what was odd!

 

“Then why don’t you have wine?” Justin smirks and they share another kiss.

 

“I do, it’s...”

 

“In answer to your questions, yes, I am still painting, and no, I am not neglecting my duties as the mayor’s husband, we’re married remember? In fact, I have a show just before his inauguration, I would...”

 

“Let me up, need to shower.” Brian murmurs, kissing him again before sauntering away, I fume as Justin watches him leave. “You coming?” Brian calls over his shoulder

 

“I’d better be!” He chuckles, and before I can say anything else hangs up.

 

Seething I head to the mini bar and drink straight from the bottle. “How dare that interloper do that?!” I snarl at the ceiling. “Oh, you may have won this game, but the match is far from over!”

 

THE LOFT - FIVE MINUTES LATER

 

MASTER BATHROOM

 

JUSTIN

 

God I love his skin. It is like velvet. He purrs as I rub the coffee body scrub into his back.

 

“So you feel better?” He asks over his shoulder.

 

“A little. She will come back with all guns blazing, but in reality I don’t know what she can do since she has no reason to…” I pause then frown. “...um, where was she?”

 

“What do you mean where was she? She said she was in the Pitts, and...oh, I see. We need to speak to Faal and Zee, wonder why they didn’t say anything to us about that.”

 

“No they did, they said they were bringing her back, but I thought that was to ramp it up with Michael. But now he’s back in jail, why have they let her come back?” He turns and wraps me in his arms.

 

“Don’t worry. There isn’t, like you said, much she can do. She’s barely got any money, no friends nor family. Who can she possibly team up with that can cause us problems?” I shrug and feel a bit better. “Now back to scrubbing my back,  then you need a shave...” I stroke his cock and look hopeful. “Yes, you can shave me too.”

 

“Really?” I can’t believe it, he has never let me do that. “Not that I am complaining, but why?”

 

“It's time.” He shrugs as he turns off the water and steps out of the shower, pulling me with him. “So I bought you one to use on me.” He pulls the towel off the rail and slowly dries me. I am shivering with anticipation, not cold. The room is filled with smell of fresh leather as he pulls out a shaving kit. “You know what to do, don’t you? You’ve watched enough. Now begin tonsuring.” He orders quietly and leans against the sink.

 

“Ton…” I question as I lather up the brush with a combination of oil and soap like he does for me.

 

“Tonsuring, it means shaving.” He replies, and swallows as I lather his cock and balls. I smile softly as his cock begins to fill and rise. “How do you k-k-keep still when I do that?” He groans.

 

“I have no idea!” I chuckle as I reach for the blade then get on my knees. “So it's downward strokes?” I look up at him and he nods. Ten minutes later he is hair, and more importantly, nick-free. “What do you think?” He's just staring at his reflection in the full length mirror.

 

“That I am an idiot.” He murmurs and lifts up his cock to inspect my work.

 

“Because?” I smirk knowing the answer but I want to hear it.

 

“I look fucking awesomely huge!”

 

“There is no denying that!” I laugh as he continues to admire himself.

 

“Uh, Mr First Man...come here now!” He growls.

 

ADIRONDACK PRISON - THREE DAYS LATER

 

INTERVIEW ROOM 2

 

SHEAMUS HAWKS, MICHAEL'S ATTORNEY

 

“Why didn’t you mention this before?!” I try not to explode at Novotny.

 

“Because I…”

 

“No, no way are you going to try and pull self defence out of this!” Warden Fleck bellows.

 

“It was! I was kicking him off me!”

 

“What do you mean kicking him off you?!” Fleck is astonished.

 

“I went to check him after they left because he sounded funny…”

 

“Oh I wonder why!” She spits. “You expected fine and dandy after being beaten around the head and upper body by you!”

 

“He agreed to the beating, he was paid handsomely for it!” Novotny again tries to justify.

 

“On the basis that he would survive it, not that you would kick him to death. Besides, why take the money?”

 

“But I didn’t mean to kill him!” Novotny exclaims. “It was an accident!”

 

“You had over $6000 of his money in a bag in his locker, plus there was the money you had already spent. And besides…”

 

“Okay, that was very wrong of me, but I got over excited and…”

 

“Hmmm. Over excited you say?!” Fleck sits down and opens the file. “According to this itemized bill, you spent over a grand on booze alone, hotels two grand, only the best suites for you it seems. Then there's the cross country travel. Now why did you do that? What, or should I say who, is in Pittsburgh?” I look at Fleck, there is something in her voice. “Why did you do this? Abscond I mean? You have had a relatively clean time of it here, why leave with Stark? From what I have heard of your association with him it was hardly a friendship, more a business one, you know, to piss off his daughter. So why?”

 

“I saw an opportunity and took it.” He replies.

 

“Mr Novotny, or should that be Grassi, you went with Stark as you wanted to see the love of your life because of the marrow matching, going with him gave you the opportunity to do that. But that didn’t work out, did it? Not only did Mayor Taylor-Kinney…” She smirks as he curls his liip. “...yes, Councilman and Mayor-elect Taylor-Kinney not attend the hospital, but the moment you found out that Stark was incapacitated you headed straight to Pittsburgh, via cross-country routes. You laid low for a while before the urge to visit your previous haunts got to you, so you went to the loft previously owned by Mayor-elect Taylor-Kinney and then engaged in a fruitless flirting session with a man outside. And it was that man that ultimately led to your return. And then of course, there is your attempt to get back out again.”

 

“What do you mean?” I ask, having wondered how the hell they got him to come back. I only had the barest of information when I was assigned this fool and he’s not filled in much except to say that it was an accident and it was Stark who told him to return because Jones was waking up.

 

“Yes, what do you mean? I never…”

 

“Tried to say that your mother had taken a turn for the worst and might need some more time off? And then there is this…” She pulls out a padded envelope and then takes out the contents. “...have to say you are a quick study.” I stare at this thing in horror and then realise what she means.

 

“You were never going to stay!” I exclaim, he freezes, it is brief but he freezes.

 

“I don’t know what that…” He begins, his face pale.

 

“This is a mask of what could only be described as a regular Joe. Someone so ordinary that nobody would notice him. Feel no reason to be worried, a face in the crowd. And this was found right at the bottom of the money bag in a towel in the safety compartment that comes with these bags. And, speaking of these bags, these can only be bought from specialist security stores. And this cost Jacob Jones $275.”

 

“Jesus! It could be said that you didn’t mean to kill him, but you sure as hell had no intention of coming back!” I snap at him. “And that is what is going to send you to Rikers!”

 

“No. No it isn’t.” Fleck declares, and we both look at her in surprise. “He is going back to Pittsburgh.”

 

“What?” I demand.

 

“Yes, they want you where they can see you. And since the Ugerstachts and the Taylor-Kinneys have earned the trust and respect of the special services, we thought we would afford them this favour. You are to be transferred to SCI Albion, in a very secure wing. I mean so secure it could hear a ghost fart. You will serve out the rest of your sentence, plus whatever you get for this, being oh so close but oh so far from what you crave. And guess what?” Her smile is devilish. “Justin Taylor-Kinney is a sponsor of the rehabilitation unit there, and he will be the one to formulate your program. You know, to wean you off the person who forgot you existed two years ago and was only reminded when he got elected and had to exorcise some demons. Bring him in!” She yells over her shoulder.

 

The door opens and Novotny’s mouth drops open. “You?!” He exclaims.

 

“Yep, me. And I think it's time. My name is Lobe. Kyran Lobe. And I will be your transfer officer for the day.” Like Fleck, his smile is devilish. “And your custody guard for every second, minute, day, week, month and year of your sentence as long as I live.”

 

“Send me to Rikers! I would rather go there!”

 

“Tough shit.” Lobe chuckles. “He set?”

 

“Yes. His trial is in two months. The estate of Jones was to be settled first.”

 

“Understand. Now time for you to observe the first of two commands. You will refer to me as Officer Lobe at all times, and, secondly, Novotny up!”

 

COUNCILMAN TAYLOR-KINNEY OFFICES - NEXT DAY

 

STUDIO

 

SHORTY

 

Okay I knew I fucked up in the beginning but this hawking is really getting wearing. I think I have proved my integrity and...oh sweet baby Jesus, this man needs to put on some clothes!

 

“What are you doing in here?” Brutus demands as he wipes his chest with his tee.

 

“Checking the stills from the last few events they were at.” I reply quickly, and start to sort all the photos out and hang them to dry. “They really are beautifully made men.”

 

“They're humans not action toys!” He snorts as he comes up behind me. “Shit, you are really good.”

 

“Thanks. So um, are you stay…” I pause and look at the photos again. “...are you seeing...”

 

“How long ago was this?” He stares at the photos intently.

 

“Three weeks ago, after he absconded.”

 

“But that’s not him.” He pulls the photos down. “Who is this guy that has that expression on his face?!”

 

“Lemme check!” I unlock my laptop and start to look through the images of every single person that has ever been in the lives of Brian and Justin. Okay, I am going to hold my hand up and admit it was a touch stalker-esque that I went to that length and made sure I found every wackadoodle that I thought would cause them a problem. It is not until I get back to almost eight years ago that I spot him. “Him! Who him?!”

 

“Vance. Gardner Vance. Former boss of Brian.” He looks again at the photos. “I need to make a call. Excuse me.” I watch him stride out then hear him say a name I never thought I would hear. I wait for him to come back in and say nothing but do apply lip balm. Then get right in his face. “Shorty, what are you doing?”

 

“Well, first I am going to kiss you…”

 

“Uh, what? You aren’t...”

 

“Yes I am. First the kiss, then you are going to tell me how long you have been working for Stark.” We stare each other down before I put my hands on his shoulders, surprised to find him trembling. “With or without tongues?”

 

“Just kiss him so he can explain when my dad hired him!” Zaden orders she strides in to the room with a smile on her face. “So gets to smooching!”

 

 

 

Chapter End Notes:

Please review kindly and constructively, thanks.