- Text Size +

CHAPTER 2 - SO HERE'S WHAT HAPPENED...AND THE END?

 

MASTER BATHROOM

 

JUSTIN

 

I hold in my chuckle as he gasps; his eyes flutter briefly shut before he licks his lips and blows me a kiss. “You’re not getting too old for a double are you?” I tease him, and he gives my butt a stinging swat. “That would be a no then?”

 

“Twat.” He smiles then kisses me while twirling his fingers in my pubes. “You need to shave. Come on, let me get you smooth.” We step out of the shower and dry each other before he loads up the old fashioned bristle brush with soap and beard oil then pulls out the razor blade. “You know, shaving your face and your dick with my Sweeney Todd razor is my one way of keeping you still.” We lock eyes and he smiles. “So which first, dick or face?”

 

“Dick. And do you think they share the same brain?” I shiver as he whirls the brush in my bush.

 

“Who?” He murmurs as he sits on the seat and takes my cock in his hands.

 

“Lin...Lindsay and Michael. I...I mean, I knew it would wor…” I pause as he kisses my tip. “...I just didn’t think she would be taken in so easily.”

 

“They not only share a brain, but are dick-driven. Especially when the dick has money. Spread legs, please. Now remind me again how you got us to Thailand and dickhead free.”

 

Start of flashback

THE LOFT - SEVEN YEARS PRIOR

 

MAIN BATHROOM

 

JUSTIN

 

I can’t breathe! I am currently in the bathroom, with a towel stuffed in my mouth, listening to Michael wail to Brian about the unfairness of him being barred from the second best club in Pittsburgh after Babylon!

 

“Michael, as I said, I don’t control their door policy so I can’t make them unbar you! What were you doing screaming outside it anyway?!”

 

“I was not screaming!” He shrieks. “I was trying to explain to the ape on the door that I had to come in…hold a minute, how did you know I was yelling?”

 

“You just told me.” I so want to leap out and kiss him because he is covering for me. We’ve just got back from Thailand and I haven't  had a chance to explain how I got us gone without Michael either trying to invite himself or guilting him into not going. He was so very grateful and didn't want to hear his name during the holiday!

 

“I did?” I can hear the idiot frowning.

 

“Yes you did. You said, ‘I was outside demanding to be let in’, and…”

 

“Oh. Oh well, yeah, and they said you weren’t there.”

 

“And I wasn’t.” Brian sighs.

 

“So how was your two week roadshow trip? Did you sign any clients? Where were you again? Oh, and where is Boy Wonder? Out I suppose, trying to be like you but failing!”

 

“In the order of importance; Justin is at an art exhibition...”

 

Again, I have to hold myself back; he said in order of importance, and first was me!

 

“So we can hang out then?! I’ll order pizza and…”

 

“Eat it at home with your husband and child.”

 

“Huh, what do you mean?”

 

“I mean, I am going to join him at the exhibition in an hour.”

 

“So we have an hour of best…”

 

“I have to get ready; so go home to Stepford Fagsville and hang with your husband. I am not going to keep Sunshine waiting because you pitched a bitch fit when you couldn’t find me!”

 

“Your Sunshine told me that’s where you were going to be!”

 

“And I was, but up to a certain time, then that time passed!”

 

“So you were there?!” His tone is accusatory.

 

“Yes, but not at the time you were screeching like a virgin in a brothel!

 

“How do you know?! It was over two weeks ago!”

 

“I know where I am always! Now go home  Michael, I need to get ready and you know how long it takes me. Besides, I want to look perfect for my man!” I hear the tread of his annoyed stomp as he comes to the bathroom, then sweeps me into a passionate kiss. I smile as the loft door slams shut. “Hang on a second…” He whispers and opens the door slightly. “...Michael, if you are still in here, we will have a major problem!”

 

“I’m just calling Ben!”

 

“Do that from the other side of the frigging door!”

 

“Fine!”

 

The door slams again and he heads back out. I hear him put the latch on and then his swift steps back into the bathroom. “Shush!” He orders and carries me chuckling to the bedroom. He kisses me all the way into a supine position, then twirls his fingers through my hair. “He is most likely standing outside with his ear pressed to the door...so you are going to have to be extra quiet.”

 

“Did you have a nice time?” I murmur as he kisses along my collarbone.

 

“Two weeks of glorious sunshine and my Sunshine in nothing but a sarong on a private beach? No, I had an excellent time, well apart from getting sand in places it really had no right to be. But the next time you want to trick Michael into something give me a heads up.” I grin at him. “And how much did you pay?”

 

“Pay?” I grin wider.

 

“Uh huh. How much did you pay the management to ban him from our second favourite nightclub?”

 

“A thousand bucks.”

 

“Money well spent. Now let me thank you again for your ingenuity…”

End of flashback

 

My cock and balls are now hair free, and he takes out the set he uses on my face. His phone beeps again. He reads it in silence then pushes the shaving kit to one side before leaning against the sink. “Brian?”

 

“Ben said he and Steve would start the set up and if I didn't reply he would assume that was fine. So let me feel how close that shave is.”

 

COUNCILLOR OFFICE, OFF LIBERTY AVENUE - NINETY MINUTES LATER

 

BEN

 

“I think it is safe to say they’re leaving us to it.” I chuckle, and Steve nods. “You okay?”

 

He frowns. “I know we are in enlightened times, but the lack of protests about Brian being their new Councilman is unnerving.”

 

“I see what you mean to a degree, but Brian is and always has been out and proud, he is known for that. He has an ever growing business, and it stands to reason that he would set up his office near the place he’s proudest of.”

 

“Hmm, I suppose so.” He looks around at what used to be Vanguard and laughs. “Bet he is so pissed!”

 

“Immensely. Now let's start. I think I shall first pick my office.” I stride down the corridor with his laughter bouncing off the walls. “Yeah, me his Press Officer, still can't believe it.”

 

“And all because Zee could finally drink…”

 

Start of flashback

TREEHOUSE - TWO YEARS AGO

 

LOUNGE

 

BEN

 

We are all glued to the TV holding our breath, finally the report we have been waiting for.

 

“And back to the outcome of the former Chief of Police and Mayoral candidate Jim Stockwell’s parole hearing…” The anchor continues. “...he has been denied.”

 

The rest of the report is drowned out by our cheering. “Do you think there was a chance he could’ve been granted it?” Jen asks once we calm down; we all turn to look at Zee and Faal. Faal's trying to wrest the glass off of Zee, who hasn't had a drink in months since DJ arrived.

 

“For goodness sake, Faal, let her have it!” Debs orders.

 

“But you don't have to deal with the fallout after...sip, Lig! The fall out afterwards, Debs, the last time she was off booze for a long period of time and had a drink, she thought that fire walking was an excellent idea!”

 

“Fire walking?!” Brian gasps. “Where the hell were you and why was she off it?”

 

“Sou...Africa!” Zee hiccups and grins. “Had back surgery, but the pills were good! Now den...then...as for Shot...no Shitwell is better, much better. Granted...nah don't think so. We don't have an ear on the board if that's what you mean.”

 

“Have some water.” Carl orders, and she immediately drinks but does not let go of the other glass. “Can you imagine him being Mayor? The whole character of the place, especially LA, would've been destroyed. And don't think he would've stopped there. Family values, my ass! Bigotry and hatred, that's what that was!”

 

“Exactly!” Zee exclaims. “He would've gone from group to group. First the gays, then the races, then the sexes!” She starts to pace and then turns to look at Brian and Justin. “You took one hell of a risk, you know.”

 

“Which paid off. He lost!” Brian raises his glass to her. “Although, I have some asshole to thank for making me see the light!” He kisses Justin thoroughly.

 

“Huh?” Zee looks between the pair of them confused. “Splain!”

 

“Remember the posters that were put up?” Justin grins and we all nod. “Well...I did them.”

 

“What?!” Debs exclaims. “That was you?!”

 

“Shit! Hold on!” Zee exclaims before putting down her glass and tottering out of the room. Ten minutes later she comes back with a tube and a huge smile. “I have to say that it was genius.” She sits down and opens the tube, pulling out the contents and unrolling it. There, in pristine condition, are some of the posters that went up.

 

“How the hell did you get these?!” Justin demands, looking at an equally stunned Brian. “I thought that they were all destroyed by Vance and the college?!”

 

“That's what I thought…”

 

“Ah, no.” Faal smirks, and then shakes his head as Zee shuffles to the cart to top up her glass. “Turns out that Vance still had them in storage, and when his company finally collapsed those were amongst the pickings.”

 

“And I picked them!” She burbles, then burps. “Ooh, sorry, pardon! Hmmm, I has me a Justin Taylor original, well kinda. You know, Brian, I think you’d be excellent…” She stares thoughtfully at the bottom of her glass. “...you would really be excellent.”

 

“Lig, what are you talking about?”

 

“Iffen an out and proud homophobe can run, why can't an out and proud hobo, sorry homo?!”

 

“Run what?”

 

“For office. You'd be excellent, and I am never wrong...okay maybe once or twice, but never!”

 

“You are so ripped! I can't run for office! I have Kinnetic to run, then there's Mary and…”

 

“Cluck!” Zee sniggers. “You cluck.” The room goes quiet as they lock onto each other. “I bet you that if you ran you would win.”

 

“Of course I would win, I’m Brian Taylor-Kinney for fuck sake! But I have too much to…”

 

“I bought Vance’s building. You could set up your sparkly office there...I mean, if you're not too clucky to try…”

 

Brian puts his drink down then looks at Justin. “So, Sunshine, fancy being my campaign manager?”

 

“Uh, Bri…” Ted begins and puts up his hand. “...think about this sober. Do not shake on this!” As if they are of one mind, Brian and Zee stand up and put out their hands; Ted manages to get between them, but is pushed down on the sofa by the pair of them. “Do not…!”

 

“You have yourself a bet and a deal, Mrs Ugerstacht!” They shake hands. “A bet and a deal!”

 

“Oh shit! Crap!” Ted groans and puts his head in his hands…

End of flashback

 

STEVE

 

“I don't think I have ever seen Zee look as ill as she did the next day!” I wrap my arms around Ben’s waist and rest my chin on his shoulder.

 

“She was very green indeed, but it was worth it. When he put his name up, first there was the inevitable squalling and shrieking, but then people started to really listen to what he was saying. And I think when he didn't deny that he was the Stud of Liberty Avenue nor what he had done in the past, and the way he defended everyone of us, especially Ted, when they started to dig into our pasts, they really believed in him, hence them voting him in by a good 10%.” I snicker. “Shitwell?”

 

“I couldn't believe it when he applied for parole again though...what part of no isn't he getting?!”

 

“Someone has gone in…” He turns around to face me looking puzzled. “...to jail where Shitwell is, I heard Zee and Faal talking.”

 

“Oh, well, I am sure that's just routine.”

 

“Maybe.”

 

“Stop fretting, he’s not getting out anytime soon.” I snicker again and he kisses me lightly then steps back. “Oh, do you remember results night?”

 

“Yeah. Faal and Menno guarded the cart and Zee has been banned from saying the P-word until after his first term!”

 

“But he could be if he wanted to be…”

 

“And you aren't putting that idea into his head either!” He retorts. “Ted almost had an aneurysm and a heart attack during the campaign!”

 

ADIRONDACK PRISON, NEW YORK - MORNING, THREE DAYS LATER

 

LUTHER’S CELL

 

GUARD STONE

 

“Still breathing!” I yell down the corridor to the advancing medics. “What the hell happened? Was he shanked?!” I turn to Pawtry, his cellmate.

 

“No! He had been complaining of pain for days,  and when I came back he was throwing up blood! That’s where that’s from!”

 

“Move Stone!” The medic yells. “Stark! Stark, can you hear me?!” He groans. “I need you to open your eyes!” Slowly he does so, but they are very unfocused and flickering.

 

“Get out!” His colleague orders, and we scramble into the corridor. Less than five minutes later, Luther Stark is being rushed to the infirmary and the cleaning crew are running towards us.

 

“Pawtry, for now go in with Shiner!”

 

“Yes sir!” He calls out to me as I run down to the Warden's office.

 

WARDEN'S OFFICE - THREE HOURS LATER

 

WARDEN FLECK

 

I rub my temples, having had a very tense conversation with the infirmary. Stark came around, but it looks like he has severe kidney failure and he is asking for his family to be called.

 


Chapter End Notes:

Please be kind and constructive if reviewing. Thanks.