- Text Size +

 

My Best Friend and his Man

Daphne's POV:

I love my best friend; he's cute, funny, talented, and he was my first, you know. We've known each other since we were babies and if it wasn't for one small detail he'd probably be my boy friend instead of my best friend. Our families would be planning our wedding and suggesting names for our kids, but there's one thing wrong with that scenario isn't there?

I used to dream about what our kids would look like, his blue eyes, my curly hair, sometimes I still do. I think one day he may even ask me to have a baby with him, I don't know why I think that but I do. I know with all the shit that's going on in his life that's the last thing on his mind but for some reason I think it and I would say yes. But that can wait, we're way too young right now.

My best friend can be a real idiot sometimes and very annoying. He'll come home, start slamming things, kicking the garbage can, cursing and smoking too much. That's when I know he's had a 'spat' with that special person in his life. *He did this and he did that and he's such an asshole and do you know what he did now?* I let him rant, then he calms down goes into his room and sits with his sketch pad. Sometimes he comes home exhausted and not from over work. That's when I can't help but laugh at him. I would never laugh when he's angry or upset but when he's tired from, you know, I can't help but laugh. He has this dreamy look on his face, sighs these long sighs and walks kinda funny. And then he starts to complain, again, doesn't it seem like he's always complaining? I mean he complains the asshole does something wrong and then he complains when the man does something right. Think about it, would you do all that complaining cause that special someone in your life wants to, you know, with you all the time? God how stupid is that? But he's here complaining, my ass hurts, my dick hurts, far too much information. Do I really need to hear all that? I guess he took the hint cause he's in his room now singing to himself and sketching.

I love watching him draw and so does that special person, his man. I've noticed that they've reached a new level in their relationship and yes I can say the 'R' word and I'm allowed to say the 'B' word too. I think I'm one of the few that my best friend's boyfriend will let say the 'B' word.

Anyway the boyfriend comes over with his box of popcorn and the beer and we all watch a movie. Sometimes if the movie sucks we'll watch cartoons. Silly isn't it, to see this tall, lean, gorgeous man cuddling with his boy watching the Power Puff Girls. My favorite one is Buttercup cause she's the tough one. The man's favorite is Bubbles cause she reminds him of his boy, blond, cute, all sweetness and sometimes clueless. It's so cute. Now what boyfriend would watch the Power Puff Girls with you, not many I can tell you!

Sometimes the man will just sit and let my best friend fall asleep and then watch him sleep; I think he does it on purpose. They'll be watching the news with the volume low, then the man will caress my friend's skin, whisper softly in his ear and lull him to sleep. I think he does it cause he knows how hard my friend works at the diner and that he worries a lot. My best friend worries about everything; he worries that his man wont find a job, or that his Mom will be lonely, or that his sister wont have a good Dad in her life. He's too young to do all that worrying. So I watch while this beautiful man puts my best friend to sleep to stop the worrying.

Sometimes the man will also drift off to sleep. So I make sure they have blankets and I'll turn off the TV and the lights and go to bed. There are the other times when the man will put his boy to bed and then we'll talk. Now that's amazing, I mean what can he and I possibly have to talk about but we find something. That's when I know just how much the man really loves my best friend. One night we were talking for a couple of hours but every once in a while the man would get up and look in on my best friend, just checking that he's alright; he's so protective. Then we both started yawning and giggling, he kissed me goodnight and he went into my best friend's room.

Now you know I would never listen in on them but these walls are thin and I've never seen or heard two men, you know. I mean my friend has told me the gory details but I never... Anyway I heard the man take off his clothes, the bed creak as he got in and my best friend mumble the man's name. I heard the man gently whisper, lulling his boy back to sleep. I'd hear my friend say 'I love you' but in that sleepy voice and after a while the man would whisper it back, like he was making sure that my friend was sleeping. Like this is a big secret? And no one is supposed to know. Grown ups! Men! He's not so smart, everyone knows that he loves his boy whether he says it or not, we all know. DUH! Men can be such idiots.

My best friend is happy now. He still worries, he's such a drama princess but I've never seen him as happy as he is now. Even with the spats he's happy cause he knows his man will call. I have to admit that I do butt in when my best friend's been here long enough but the man never seems to mind. I'd call the loft or the man's cell and tell him to get his skinny ass here to pick up his boyfriend. I'd hear the gasp at the 'B' word then silently dare him to deny it. I know he can't do it so he doesn't even try.

The three of us have been through too much together. You know the ba..., I still can't talk too much about it. That's another way I know how much the man loves my best friend and he'd do anything for him. And I know my friend would give his man his last dime, risk it all for his man. They have risked it all. Risked all that they hold dear, for what they believe in.

So no matter how stupid my best friend and his man may act or how idiotic, I know they'll work it out. They wont give up not these two *sigh*. Hmm, it's been a couple of days, well if the asshole doesn't call soon I may have to...oh wait, his phone.

"Hey Bri"

Oh see, all better now. He's giggling, wait, yup he's packing his bag, uh huh there's goes the shower. Well I'll be on my own for a few days; it's not so bad. I like having the space and it'll be nice not to see his gross socks all over the couch or on the bathroom floor. Men can be pigs. My best friend will be with his man and all be right in the world again.

"Hey Daph, when Brian gets here tell him I'll be only a minute"

"Sure"

A minute! A minute my creamy brown butt, he takes longer than me to get his ass in gear. Oh the door.

"Hey Brian"

"Hey Sweetcheeks, where's my boy?"

"Getting ready"

"So we can be here for..."

"At least another twenty minutes"

*sigh* *giggle*

---twenty minutes later---

"Hey what are you two laughing at?"

"Oh nothing"

"Uh huh, why do I get the feeling that this could be bad, my best friend and my, uh, whatever are sitting together and laughing; Brian lets go before you two do something that I may regret"


"Too late Sunshine; bye Daphne"

*kiss*

"Later Daph"

"Bye guys"

My best friend and his man; god I love those two. My life would certainly be a lot duller without them and I'll be here if they need me cause he's my best friend and that will never change.

And the man, well he may be an asshole sometimes but he loves my best friend, loves him sooo much and that's all that matters.

That's thing only thing that matters!

The End.
Sabina is the author of 50 other stories.
This story is a favorite of 1 members. Members who liked Life In The Key Of Brian also liked 551 other stories.