- Text Size +
Author's Chapter Notes:

 

Someone is getting close enough to kiss Justin and Brian needs to find out who it is.


Their Kiss

When they kiss their world stands still. No one kisses as they do. It's their way of speaking, communicating their love, their wants and needs. If they kiss another it's not the same; the other may feel the heat perhaps passion but nothing compared to what the lovers communicate to each other. No trick could ever feel what they feel or give to each other. Their kiss is only for Brian and Justin.

The two have been together for some time now, still unconventional, still unspoken commitment.

Justin was away for a week, a new show opening. Brian had planned to attend but prior business commitments made it almost impossible until a last minute meeting cancellation. Before anything could be rescheduled Brian had his assistant book a flight, he wanted to surprise Justin.

Brian smiled on the whole flight thinking about his Baby, his growing bulge hidden by the drop down tray and a newspaper. The ride to Justin's hotel was quick and Brian checked himself into Justin's room.

When Brian entered Justin's room he was immediately struck by the scent of a strong cologne that seemed to permeate the air. Brian's smile turned into a frown, the cologne wasn't Justin's. Brian paced the room unconsciously looking for the evidence that another man was with his Justin. He tried to will himself to be calm knowing that there could be many explanations, a number of logical reasons, but at the moment Brian could only think of one.

Brian quickly showered, donned appropriate clothing for the event and ordered a cab to take him to the gallery. Within forty-five minutes Brian entered the crowded gallery. As he strolled through the gallery Brian recognized the work of the ‘competition' some of which was sold. Brian made his way to Justin's end of the show room and quickly noted that almost all of his artist's pieces were sold and the manager was in the process of selling the last three pieces. Brian beamed with pride.

Brian searched for his artist who appeared to be cornered by a group of young men who were obviously admiring the artist and not just his work. Brian was at his side within five paces of his long legs.

"Brian!"

"Hey Sunshine"

"I thought you said you couldn't make it."

"Obviously."

"Brian, I'd like you to meet Alex, Charles and Paul; they have pieces on display in this show."

"Gentlemen."

As Brian shook hands with each of the young artists he inhaled deeply but none wore the offensive cologne. Brian's tension eased.

"Bri when did you get here?"

"A little while ago, I booked myself into your room, I hope that's okay."

"Of course Brian, why wouldn't it."

"Oh I don't know Sunshine, you tell me."

"Ah Bri, did you get to see my work?"

"No, why don't you give me the tour.

"Sure Bri."

The two excused themselves and Justin showed Brian around. Justin couldn't help feel the slight tension emanating from Brian, the clenched jaw and the way Brian would sniff at the air when another man would walk by. Justin was puzzled.

At the end of the evening the lovers went back to their room, the scent long dissipated. Brian more at ease he made love to his artist for hours.

The next morning Justin awoke early, he had a breakfast meeting with his agent. Leaving a note for Brian he met his agent in the hotel's cafeteria. When Brian woke up his hand immediately searched Justin's side of the bed and felt the cold sheets. He snapped open his eyes and saw the note, reading it with a huff. Remembering that Justin's agent was rather an attractive man Brian quickly showered and dressed to catch them. Brian got to the cafeteria as the meeting was completing. He greeted the artist and agent with another deep inhale.

"Brian, you remember Ryan?"

"Sure, how are you Ryan?" No cologne.

"Fine and you Brian? I'm happy you were able to make it to the show, Justin did exceptionally well, all his pieces have sold."

"I noticed, I'm very proud of him." Justin flashed his Sunshine smile at Brian's remark.

"Well we're done here Justin, I'll see you two at the gallery later tonight; the day is yours Justin. Maybe you'll enjoy some sightseeing."

"Thanks Ryan, I'm sure Brian and I will find some way to keep busy. Brian if you'll excuse me a minute I'm going to walk Ryan out I have a few more details to go over with him, I'll be right back, can you order me some eggs?"

"Sure thing Sunshine, nice seeing you again Ryan."

"Bye Brian."

In a few minutes Justin returned to the table and with him the unmistakable scent of the cologne. Brian raised an eyebrow and scowled.

"What's wrong Brian?"

"Nothing, anything wrong with you?"

"No, why do you ask?"

"Just wondering."

The waiter brought their breakfast and the two ate in silence.

The lovers decided that the only sight they wanted to see was each other naked so they went back to their room and back to bed.

After several rounds of Kinney-Taylor loving, Brian ventured...

"Baby?"

"Yes Bri."

"We're alright aren't we?"

"Yes Bri, we are, why?"

"I don't know, not sure, uh just worried."

"Don't be, we're fine; matter of fact let me show you just how fine we are."

Later that evening as the lovers prepared for dinner and the gallery, Brian started to pick up the clothes that were tossed around the room by his sloppy boy. As he picked up a sweater the cologne hit Brian right between the eyes. He could smell the cologne on the collar of Justin's sweater. Someone had gotten close, real close, close enough to kiss his boy and leave his scent. Brian's dark mood returned with a vengeance. But with all things Brian, pride got in the way, he said nothing.

At the gallery Brian kept calm and watched as Justin worked the crowd, Brian played the dutiful partner.

Toward the end of the evening Brian needed to make a trip to the men's room. As he was about to exit the cologne entered, Brian couldn't see the man's face but caught a glimpse of a well dressed older man. Brian's rage returned, an older man, his baby had a thing for older men. A low growl escaped his lips.

When they were ready to leave Justin was saying goodbye to his fellow artists and his agent. Out of the corner of his eye Brian could see the back of the man with the cologne. Justin was giving him a passionate hug and a kiss. It was only a kiss to the side of the man's face but Brian could tell it meant something. Brian couldn't stand silent any longer. In the past the old Brian would have stormed out but not this Brian, this Brian would stake his claim.

"Justin! Do you want to introduce me to your...Craig?!"

"Brian, you remember my father?"

A flustered Brian quickly recovered to shake the hand of the man who at one time was cruel to his lover. A rather contrite Craig shook the offered hand.

"How are you Brian?"

"Well and you?"

"Good, I'm in town on business and took this opportunity to see Justin's work."

Brian still in shock, snaked an arm protectively around Justin's shoulder and nodded his head.

"Justin I'm so proud of you, maybe we can get together when you two get home."

"I'd like that Dad."

"Goodnight Justin, good to see you Brian."

"Night Dad."

"Goodbye Mr. Taylor."

Craig and the cologne walked out. As Brian watched he became lost in thought.

"Brian, Brian!"

"Huh?"

"Where'd you go? Come on Bri, time to leave."

"Yeah"

The boys silently rode back to the hotel, Brian deep in contemplation over the mistake he almost made.

Brian worked up his nerve to admit his blunder to Justin while they prepared for bed...

"Justin, baby, I'm sorry."

"Sorry for what Brian?"

"My jealously almost got the better of me, I jumped to the wrong conclusion again; forgive me?"

"What do you mean?"

"Your Dad, his cologne, I could smell it all over you and I thought..."

"Brian, there's nothing to forgive, besides I love every jealous bone in your body." Justin smiled.

"Well I almost put my size twelves in my mouth again."

In a low sexy whisper Justin said, "Brian you know how much I love your size twelves." With that Justin gazed down at Brian's bare graceful feet and talented toes. Justin wiggled his eyebrows and his ass in appreciation and in anticipation.

Disrupting Justin's reverie with his own raspy whisper...

"Baby, let me apologize properly."

"Yes Brian, oh god yes."

And then their kiss.