- Text Size +
Author's Chapter Notes:

 

A distraction can be fun and sometimes a dangerous thing.


The Distraction

Distract vb.: to divert ones mind or attention; to stir up or confuse with conflicting emotions or motives.  Distraction n.

xoxoxoxoxoxoxoxoxoxoxoxoxoxooxo

A distraction, that's what Justin is to Brian, not the only thing but one of Justin's many effects on Brian.

Brian hard at work at his computer, Justin strolls into the loft, distraction. Brian at Woody's shooting pool, Justin saunters by, distraction. Brian reading the newspaper, Justin hands him a cup of coffee, distraction.

Brian knows it, Justin's well aware of it; both of them love it.

When is a distraction dangerous?

Stroking the cock of ones lover when he's driving, dangerous. Copping a feel of one's lover's ass while he's chopping veggies with a sharp knife, very dangerous. Believing your partner has fallen in love with a new distraction, very very dangerous.

The boys don't argue much, oh a few minor spats regarding how hard the big lug is always working or just how many pairs of cargos are really necessary in ones wardrobe, but nothing major. Sex as always hot, lustful, exciting, never boring. Tricks, barely in existence. So why the distraction? Who the fuck knows but there he was, suntanned, sun kissed hair with blue eyes reminiscent of another golden blue-eyed boy; just a little older and a couple of inches taller.

Justin was becoming distracted.

xoxoxoxoxoxoxooxoxoxoxoxoxoxoxoxoxoxoxoxoxoxoxoxoxoxoxoxoxoxooxo

Joey was becoming a regular customer at the diner and becoming enamored with the slightly younger shorter version of himself. He wasn't as beautiful as the original Sunshine boy but a hottie none the less. The two blonds became fast friend over coffee at the counter. They found a lot in common, similar upbringing, similar taste in music and those damn cargos. While Brian was working hard to rebuild his reputation in the business world and repaying his debt, he failed to notice that his own personal little distraction was himself being diverted.

Debbie noticed it since it appeared to happen under her nose. The gang was beginning to notice it too. Everyone noticed except for Brian. As the distraction began to build, Michael was very tempted to warn his best friend but was reminded by Ben about the last time, you know that Ethan thing, so this time Michael kept his mouth shut.

After several weeks of being treated to the new blond boy ambition show, the noise of this new distraction was growing too loud for Emmett to ignore, he had to talk to Brian.

Brian's reaction was pure Brian, calm, cold, controlled. He said nothing, did nothing except watch. He watched his blond boy and kept an eye on the other blond. Outwardly everything remained the same. The stud and his boy would stroll Liberty Avenue hand in hand. At Babylon the stud and his blond boy king would dance together all night long and take their trips to the backroom. If this new distraction in Justin's life was becoming that important Brian wasn't able to tell but he kept up his watch.

As with all things B&J the tension of this distraction began to build and build. The walls that Brian allowed his blond to tear down were now reconstructing. The tricks that Brian no longer wanted were starting to distract him, at any moment Brian was about to enter in to full pain management mode. This time it was different Brian was fully aware, fully prepared for it until the loft door slid open, distraction.

Justin walked through the door and felt the air temperature drop around him by twenty degrees. He was aware of it but for the life of him could not fathom the reason. Justin knew that for all his intelligence at times he was just too blond for his own good. So this time instead of jumping off the cliff he got his plump ass in gear and began another climb of Mt. Kinney. Justin joined Brian on the sofa.

"Brian what's wrong?"

"Nothing."

"Please Brian, I know something's wrong, please tell me."

"Justin there's still no locks, it's your call where and with whom you want to be, this time tell me first before you decide that here with me is not where you choose."

With that the mountain got up and went to bed leaving the climber shocked, alone and about to fall. Justin still had no idea what Brian meant but he followed his mountain to bed.

Brian lay on top of the duvet smoking a cigarette wearing his sweat pants. Justin was slightly taken aback, Brian rarely wore clothes to bed unless he was sick, Justin's brain was finally starting to engage. Justin stripped down to his briefs and crawled next to Brian. The two lay quiet not talking not touching.

"Brian/Justin"

"You go first Justin."

"Brian, did I do something to hurt you?"

Brian debated a moment, he could of said nothing, let his silence say it for him but that never worked in the past or lie and say `no', instead he said.

"Yes"

"How?"

"You're falling in love."

Justin began to shiver as the air temp dropped again. Brian shifted to pull the duvet out from beneath himself and Justin. As he covered them both up he whispered.

"It's your call Sunshine, it's your choice."

Both men entered into a fitful sleep.

Time, time can be tricky. In time pain can ease and fade away. Or with time the pain can grow and wear you down.

This time Brian realized that pain management mode was far too destructive, he couldn't do it again. He needed to retain some control, some dignity; Brian Kinney had grown up.

xoxoxoxoxoxoxooxoxoxoxoxoxoxoxoxoxoxoxoxoxoxoxoxoxoxoxoxoxoxooxo

Justin was a boy, a man in love but his love at this moment in time wasn't felt. His lover had rebuilt the walls and the last of the bricks were about to be mortared into place. If Justin didn't hurry and figure it out it would be too late.

They were all at Woody's having fun chatting, shooting pool and was about to head to Babylon, Emmett pulled Justin aside as the distraction entered the door.

"Justin, honey, do you know what you are doing to him don't you?"

"Em, I'm not sure what you mean."

"Justin, that sweet young thing that you've been spending time with is falling for you. We all see it, Brian sees it. Is he what you want or is it Brian?"

"Em, Joey's only a friend."

"Look again sweetie; Brian won't fight, he won't push either, it's your call. Please make it the right one."

Justin thanked Emmett for his advice but still not quite understanding. Joey was just a friend they enjoyed each others company. Justin felt nothing but friendship for him, nothing sexual toward him but it was dawning on him why the walls of Mt. Kinney were building. Brian would leave it up to him, his choice. Justin now realized why Brian hurt.

As the debate raged on in Justin's mind the gang started for Babylon, Justin's distraction followed.

The beat of the thumpa thumpa music temporarily calmed Justin's soul. He was in the zone dancing with Emmett in the center of floor, the guys at the bar watching. Brian remained quiet also watching and waiting. He wouldn't push, fight, or say a word.

Emmett came back to the bar alone.

Brian wouldn't ask the question but Michael did...

"Emmett, where's Justin?"

"Justin seems to have a new partner."

The gang saw the blonds embark on their show.

"Brian do something!"

"No, Mikey there's nothing I can do, he's made his choice."

"Brian how can you watch that?"

"You're right Ted, I can't."

With that statement Brian put down his drink. The gang thought the old Brian was about to resurrect and were silently taking bets on who the trick was going to be. Brian turned and said goodnight. The guys stood with mouths agape as they watched Brian ease his way through the sea of men and walk up the stairs to leave.

Justin saw Brian walking up the stairs and realized it was now or never. Whether it was his blondness, ignorance or just stupidity, whatever it really didn't matter, what did matter was that the man he loved was going to walk out the door and if Justin didn't move fast he'd loose him.

Justin pushed himself away from Joey and pushed his way through the crowd yelling out Brian's name. On the catwalk Justin finally reached Brian...

"Brian don't go!"

"Justin you made your choice."

"Yes I have, it's you, it's always been you, he's just a friend nothing more I swear. There's been no sex not even a kiss. I only wanted friendship but I see now that he has other ideas. Please Bri don't leave me."

Justin saw a couple of bricks tumble out of the wall so he got closer.

"Brian I love you, he's not another Ethan, please Bri, this is my call, my choice. I choose you if you want me."

The walls were crashing now, Brian grabbed onto the railing.

"Brian please take me home, I need you, I need to feel you inside me. Please take us home."

There it was, the rubble lay at Justin's feet. The lovers moved in closer together. Justin reached up to grab the nape of Brian's neck while Brian pulled Justin's hips into his own. The lovers kissed declaring their possession of each other on the catwalk for all of Babylon to see including one very disappointed blond former distraction.

The lovers went home.

Back at the loft the lovers silently prepared for bed. The blond re-declared his love and climbed the mountain again and again all night long. The climber survived his trek, the mountain lay quiet, sated and satisfied.

The next night at Babylon the boys arrived minus the blond who had the late shift at the diner. There were many who wanted to distract the number one stud of Babylon but he wasn't in the mood. The boys weren't sure if everything was okay with Brian and Justin, the truth was that they were never sure. They all danced, they drank, they had fun until the number one distraction walked through the door and stood on the catwalk.

Brian dancing with one of the many men available to him, Justin dances close, distraction.