- Text Size +

CHAPTER 22 - AN ARRESTING SIGHT AND RIMMING HIS BELL


MICHAEL


“Ethan is not a psycho! What lies has his ice cold dick ex been filling your head with?! I demand. “As for what Lindsay was doing for Lynette…”


“Shut up and get out!” Brandon yells so loud the room rattles.


“Lindsay, look out for the court papers from me.” Lynette calls out over her shoulder before sweeping out, shutting the door behind her. 


“Can everyone please calm down?!” Lindsay demands. “Michael and I will go, but we will be back to talk about all that has occurred when the heat has cooled…”


“Do you think this is in an episode of Starsky and Hutch? The ‘heat’ as you so casually put it, will never cool on this!” Jewel opens the door, but also points to the window. “Pick one.” She growls.


OUTSIDE BRITIN - TEN MINUTES LATER


MICHAEL


I glare at the gates as they clang shut behind us. “So because of her ‘honesty’, she gets a service ride, but we have to get a cab?!” I gripe as the taxi lights fade away. “You calling for  the cab, or shall I?”


“You do it, I shall call for pizza to be delivered to coincide with our arrival. Gosh, it is cold! Wish I had worn a warmer coat!”


“Me too!” I shiver as I place the call. “There will be a $15 tip if you can get here in ten minutes!” I tell the driver.


“How long will he be?” Lindsay chatters and rubs her hands together.


“Ten minutes!” I laugh, and wrap my arms around her. “Don't get any ideas, this is just to keep us warm!”


“As if!” She giggles, then goes quiet. “Michael, you have to understand my reasoning. I just wanted to help my sister.”


“Having thought about it some more, I do understand the need.” She looks up at me. “Confession time, I had hoped it would be you to carry Jenny, but when she was born I fell in love with her; but as she grew up, I began not to like her.”


“Why not?”


“Because there was too much ‘Mel’ in her. With you, it’s this is the way you are doing it and that’s that, but Mel gave her options. You don’t give a child options! Then, of course, there was Ted backing her up all the way. That really annoyed me…”


“Me too, but I couldn't say anything about that, as she would’ve thrown my friendship with Brian back at me. Which is why…” She smiles. “...I made sure to limit his visits to Canada, but once we were here I could do nothing about it.”


“Oh, thank fuck!” I exclaim when I see the cab coming. We get in quickly. “I will give you another $5 if you turn the heating on!”


“No problem!” The driver exclaims, and slowly we begin to warm up.


“Do you believe what Brian said?” 


“About that not being his junk?” She nods. “No, it’s got to be Brian’s! Ethan and I did use the loft a lot, even did it in the hallowed bed once, but look how he reacted to us borrowing it. His loft is far too precious to him. He’s just showing off in front of the leech. Notice how much he’s changed since he came along?”


“Since all three came along.” She grumbles. “So for now, why don't we keep out of their way? It is so frustrating that Mel has no overheads, as I could’ve used that as leverage to get her back to the house. And as for Gus being in the barn, well that is preposterous! He is far too young to be living alone. I shall be calling my late father’s attorney on Monday to put plans in motion to get him out of there. Brian may have his rights, but he also has a history…”


“And a debauched one at that!” I laugh.


PHILIP ANSTON RESIDENCE - TWO HOURS LATER 


HALLWAY


ETHAN


“Do something!” I whisper hoarsely as his maid, Charlotte, goes to open the door.


“Get upstairs into that room and be quiet!” He orders, and I take the stairs two at a time. I leave the door ajar and hold my breath.


“Good evening, officers, how can I help you?” Philip asks as they come in.


“We understand that you know the whereabouts of Ethan Gold.”


“I do, he is upstairs, door right in front of the stairs.”


What the fuck is he doing?!


I close the door quickly and look for a place to hide, I spot the wardrobe and get inside, then I am surprised when the back of it opens and Charlotte is gesturing frantically.


“Sssh, Mr Gold. Come quickly!” I follow her through the semi lit room, down some stairs to the back garden. She points to the pool house, “Go in there and wait for Mr Anston to come and get you!” 


TWENTY MINUTES LATER


ETHAN


I spring up as the door opens and Philip comes in grinning. “You alright?”


“What the hell was that?! Where are the police?!”


“Gone. How do you think I have been at the top of my game for so long?! I Asked them if those charges were laid by Justin Taylor. They said yes, and I painted a very pretty picture of him as an obsessed stalker, who caused his own injuries in an effort to get your attention!” I start to calm down. “They apologised for the inconvenience and embarrassment that was caused, and will be speaking to their colleagues in Pittsburgh,with a view to arresting Justin Taylor for false reporting! Now come on back inside and let's toast our nixing of that pesky fly!”


“Seriously, you are a genius!” I clap him on the back as we head back to the house. “So what happens next?” I ask as he opens the back door. He gasps as he steps inside. “What’s…” The words die as I take in the sight of four police officers and the maid.


“You are both being arrested. You, Mr Gold, for battery, threatening behaviour and resisting arrest; and you, Mr Anston, for harbouring a criminal, false reporting, attempted bribery, and that's just the start!”


“What the hell have you done, Charlotte?!” Philip screams as the officers approach with handcuffs.


“Quit!” She spits.


BRITIN - SAME TIME


DINING ROOM


DEBS


I am very pleased with myself. The food was perfect, although I did worry that nobody would eat anything after the earlier dramatics, but all I see is empty plates.


“So, Mom, what's the deal with his dad?” Brandon asks, topping up Ben’s glass.


“Matthew Novotny? Met him a few years after Carl and I split. Thought he was a nice guy, but he wasn’t. He likes what other people have, but once he has it, he doesn't want it anymore. Turned out that he only wanted to go out with me because of Carl.”


“What do you mean?” Brian frowns.


“We had a couple of run-ins during high school. He was a very smart boy, IQ through the roof, so was ‘in with the big kids’ as he called us.” Carl explains. “I may not have had his smarts, but at least I was kind and fair. He would use his ‘youth’ to get out of any problems he started, and was generally believed.” 


“Like father like son.” Brandon scoffs, and we all nod.


“Last time I saw him was when Michael was ten. He kept saying to me, every day for the first few months of Michael’s life, that at least he ‘didn’t force me to give away my children unlike Carl’. It was like a broken record! I got sick of hearing it play, so dumped him. He was so surprised, but thought I would come running back to him. But I didn’t. Yes, he sent us money ‘out of duty’, but he never saw him much. I doubt Michael would remember the last time he saw him.” I rub my temple. “He dropped out of his life completely when he got married to some society dame. She didn't want his previous baggage in her life.”


“Do you know if she took his last name, and is he still married to her?” Jennifer grins.


“Not sure on both counts. Why?” I frown.


“Did they get married here, as in Pittsburgh?” Justin asks, Brian starts to laugh.


“Yes, they did. Why? What? What’s so funny?” I look at the pair of them.


Justin takes a sip of Brian’s wine. “It's not a common name, Novotny, so she should be easy to…”


“Got her!” Jennifer exclaims, I dash around the table to see her. “Oh my! Right, so Grace Greenhithe, formerly, Grace Novotny-Greenhithe, now resides with her son, George, and daughter,  Reva, in Shadyside Green. And we shall be going to say hi. Debs, can I call you Debs? Oh, and can you give me the menu you cooked tonight please?”


“Uh, yeah you can, I can, but why?”


“Because that is my silent business partner, who is very vocal on the subject of her ex husband! She absolutely loathes him, scraped him off her heels with as little as possible. He was pissed! Now, quickly let me call her, and in the meantime, Debs, you give me those recipes. You know, Brian, I think that they would be perfect in the deli and in Woody’s. A tie-in, don't you think...Grace, darling, how are you and do you want to make ex-husband mischief?! Excellent, just excellent. I am out with family and friends right now, but will call you tomorrow.” She hangs up, looking very pleased. “So, Debs, what did you cook? I know one was ribs and the other chicken; it has a salty sweetness that would be great at mopping up all that fine wine in Woody’s.” 


I blush. I am used to praise from family and friends, but we’ve only just met! “Well, there was the caramelised peanut pork ribs, then the Kung pao caramel chicken; as for the sweets, sticky miso nuts and seeds with the brandy earlier, and caramel snap cookie ice cream sandwiches.” 


“Excellent, just excellent.” She grins. “I think you, me, and Grace are going to be good friends!”


BRIAN


I smile at Dad. We have always said she was made for better things than the diner, and there's no way she is using her culinary shyness to get out of it. I am about to tell her that when my phone flashes. It's Mark, and upon seeing that, Justin stiffens. I unlock it to read the text. As I do so my frown gets deeper and deeper. 


“What? What does he say?” Justin tries to see the screen. I kiss him, much to his and everyone’s surprise. “Bad news, then?” He sighs.


“Yes, especially if you are Ethan Gold and instafame agent to the twatterati, Philip Anston, since they have been arrested, and will be held overnight, or until they make bail.”


“So cheers to that!” Jewel snickers, raising her glass. “Make it good for him, okay?”


“Okay,” I grin, and squeeze Justin’s thigh.


BRIAN’S BARN - EARLY MORNING


JUSTIN


I peek once more at Brian. He is very relaxed and happy, well we both are. Tonka and Beam are finally here! Beam is the more inquisitive of the two, with Tonka snuggled in the crook of Brian’s neck. “Gus!” Brian whisper shouts at the open window, he sticks out his head.


“Come on, get your buddies up and to the diner!”


“Sure, Dad!” He calls back, and disappears from view. Half an hour later, all four of them are down and heading towards Ben and Brandon, who will drop them off then go and move Brandon's stuff in. 


I must look puzzled as Brian smiles. “Cookery lesson.” He thinks that explains it, uh nope! “Mom has a particular dessert that Jenny, Gus, and Hunter love, so they are going to indoctrinate Pearl into the hive, then she’s going to teach them how to make it.” 


“What is it? I love desserts!” 


“I noticed. And no, Blue, I won’t tell you yet, but suffice to say I know how to cook it.” He teases me. “Oh, have you had enough now?” 


“Of what?” I frown.


“Not you, doofus, am talking to Beam.” I look down, and sure enough Beam is making his way back into their hutch. “Come on, go join your brother.” He gently puts Tonka down, we both have matching sappy looks on our faces as they settle down to sleep. “I think we should follow their lead.” He yawns, I follow suit. We had a late night and an early start, having to go to collect them from Emmett’s. After another ten minutes of gazing, he tugs my hand so we head back to the house.


“Want your fizzy?” He asks as we enter the kitchen.


“Mmmm.” I mutter, suddenly very tired. I feel his arms around my waist as he stops my stumble. 


“Go on up, will bring it. Where are you going to go?”


“Yours.” I mutter. “Gonna have a shower first though.”


“Okay.”


BRIAN’S ROOM - THREE HOURS LATER


JUSTIN


“Oh!” Brian cries out as I swirl my tongue over his bulbous leaking head, which tastes so good. His fingers thread through my hair before tugging gently. I look at him whilst continuing to work my tongue. “Stop, please stop.” Stunned, I do so and sit up. He sighs and rest up on his elbows. “When was the last time you had a cock down your throat?” He asks quietly.


“Not for a long time.” I admit, feeling my annoyance and embarrassment abating as I realise what he has just done. “Thank you, it may have been a while, but I don’t have one.”


“You’re welcome, glad to hear it, and neither do I, but we will test that theory another time. So wanna come up here and lie on your stomach?” I almost fly to join him. “Keen, huh?” He chuckles as he runs his fingers down my spine. I answer him by kissing his nose. “Oh, I think we can do better than that.” He whispers before slanting his mouth over mine.


Ten torrid minutes later, he is kissing his way down my spine. I can barely breathe, I am so excited. “Open.” He calls up, and I spread my legs, I almost lose it entirely when he parts my cheeks and murmurs so pink and pretty


I bang my head against the headboard jerking as his tongue leaves a trail of fire from tailbone to balls. “Zoinks!” I exclaim. He snorts, then giggles, and soon we are rocking with laughter. “Zoinks? For crying out loud, only I could ruin my first rim job with zoinks!”


“You…” He giggles. “...ha-ha-haven’t! This is the most fun I have had in bed in years! Take it you are a Shaggy fan?!” 


“Of the act, oh yes, but for him, no... more Fred!” I chortle. “Shaggy always looked like he didn’t wash, besides he was way too fond of sharing his food with Scooby!”


“But he had stubble, which feels great against an ass!” I flop over and he slides up my body, chuckling. “I like you.”


“I should hope so.” I slap his butt. “Are you in the habit of doing this with guys you don't like?”


“Yep, sex is sex, I don’t have to like someone to fuck them, I just have to want to. You’re the first one that I like, and I like that I like you.”


“I like you too.” 



Sticky miso nuts and seeds: 

https://www.olivemagazine.com/recipes/vegetarian/sticky-miso-nuts-and-seeds/

Caramel snap cookies: 

https://www.olivemagazine.com/recipes/entertain/caramel-snap-cookies/

Caramelised peanut pork ribs:

https://www.olivemagazine.com/recipes/meat-and-poultry/caramelised-peanut-pork-ribs/

Kung pao caramel chicken:

https://www.olivemagazine.com/recipes/meat-and-poultry/kung-pao-caramel-chicken/

 

Chapter End Notes:

Please review kindly and constructively. Thanks.