- Text Size +

CHAPTER 25 - BROTHERLY LOVE AND SISTERLY FURY


DEBS


“So where is my money?! How dare you skip out when you live like this?!”


“Madam! You have the wrong person, I would not skip out. I was brought up better than that!” George snaps, rubbing his cheek, but I know it was him. “I demand an apology for your attack on my…”


“You ordered the big dog with cheese, bacon and fries, coffee, tea, also had two refills of each. Yes, they are free, but the first cups are not. Then you ordered fries, extra large, and pumpkin praline pie with cream and extra sprinkles for dessert, two diet Cokes, and, finally, a chocolate malt.” I start to add up in my head. “$38.70, pay up!” I get closer.


“I did not go anywhere near Liberty Avenue to eat such carb ladened fayre!”


I smile at Jen and Grace. “Wanna take this one, Grace?” I smirk, she nods. His perplexed expression reminds me of Michael and his father!


“Carb ladened and Liberty Avenue you say?” Grace scratches her head whilst he nods his. “Then, pray tell, how could you know where such carb ladened delicacies would be, had you not been there, for it is you who said Liberty Avenue, not her. She said diner.”


He stares at us for a few seconds before his shoulders slump. “So he didn’t pay then?”


“Who?” Jen demands.


“My date. I am so sorry, he said he would pay. Uh, Mom, can you lend me $40 so I can pay this lady? My wallet is upstairs, and…”


“It’s upstairs, George, not in Timbuktu. Go and get it and pay the nice lady, as I believe you were going to condescend to call her.” His face pinches with fury, but he does go back up, whilst we splutter into the cushions as he has left the door open! Two minutes later, he’s back. “How was the jet lag, not too onerous I hope?”


“Mother.” He growls.


“Lazy ass cheapskate son.” She returns.


“I take it you have change for a $50 note?” He asks as he hands it to me. I stick it down my bra.


“Nope.” I retort. “The rest is the ass-ministration fee!” He gawks at me. “You can always get the change from your date!”


“Oh, I will. Mother, may I have a word?” He looks at her for a few seconds. “In private.” She sighs and follows him outside, shutting the door behind her.


“You have done what?!” Is screamed, and the door literally flies open. “You will call him back and tell him that this is not happening!”


“Mother, be reasonable, he has to stay somewhere during his visit!” George follows her back in.


“They are called hotels! No, absolutely not! The whole point of me divorcing him and kicking him out of the house is that he does not return…” She holds up her hand to stop his words. “...no! You may love, cherish, and obey your father, but I do not! Neither does…” 


“Why the bloody hell is that testicle calling me?!” A mini Grace storms through the front door and heads up the stairs. “George! George, where the hell are you, and what have you lied about this time?!”


“Reva! This way!” Jen shouts.


“Aunt Jenny?!” Reva yells, and flies into the room, then before anyone can stop her, slaps George across the face! “You were told not to do this, you promised me that he would never have anything of mine. You promised!”


“Reva, honey, calm down and explain what you mean.” I order her. She looks at me for a minute or so. “I’m Debs, and…”


“You are so pretty.” She smiles shyly. “Nice to see you, I can’t believe I finally get to meet you! I am Reva. Oh, you know that! Sorry! Uh, how do you know Aunt Jen?”


“How do you know me?” I ask, confused by this reaction


“Because he, the testicle, said that I was the spit of you in mannerisms and personality, which is why he hated me so much I guess. I was, and always will be, upfront and blunt. Mom is more subtle, which is why he never saw the divorce coming. Blamed me for it. Testicle’s little scrotum, of course, played follow the jizz leader and sided with him. Loggerheads ever since.”


“And now I have you two in the same room, I see what he means!” Grace hoots.


“Reva, you will apologise for hitting me!” George stops metaphorically licking his wounds, both his cheeks have hand prints


“No I won’t.” She beats me to it. “I said I wanted him to have nothing of mine. The only people who know this number are you and Mom, and she would not have given it to him.”


“You have another number?” He frowns, once again reminding me of Michael and his ability to miss the point. “Why do you have two, and what is it?”


“Because you gave my other one to your screw up, so he kept blowing up my phone, wanting me to give him the names of my animator friends. When I blocked him, you gave him my office address, he turned up there at least twice a week, until I told him I would issue a restraining order if he didn't leave me alone!”


“Still don’t see why you couldn’t do as he wanted!” George snaps, whilst the rest of us look bewildered.


“He wanted! I didn’t! And what I want to do is up to me and comes first!” She breathes deeply for a few minutes. “So, here is how it is going to go. Mr T is not staying here. You want to be cuddle buddies, then you go find a hotel with him, but think on this: will the key to the door still work when you come back? And have you told your screw up about your plumbing issue?”


“Reva! I told you that in confidence!”


“I gave you my number in confidence, so we are even!” Reva turns to us. “He caught anal warts from a guy and passed it on, and I suspect, unlike the guy that gave it to him, he hasn’t told him.”


“Oh dear God, George!” Grace exclaims.


“It’s not like I set out to get it!” He yells.


“But you knew you had it!” I snarl. “Oh, you are so your father!”


“And how would you know him?!” He snaps back.


“Seriously?!” Reva thunders. “I said just now how much he said I reminded him of her! Never have I seen the arrogance, well except in your screw up. It is creepy how alike you two are!”


“Stop calling him my screw up!” George shrieks. 


“Well what else would you call him? He is in a relationship, though I hope to god that the guy has now dumped him. He did like to brag that he was cheating on you with another guy as well as his boyfriend, so I think screw up suits him perfectly! And then you had the nerve to…”


“He’s single now! I want to make a go of it with him, and…”


“Absolutely not!” Reva screams. “You are not dating Michael Grassi! It is bad enough that you fucked him here, there and everywhere. He is not becoming part of the family!”


“Too late!” I gasp, and look at an equally stricken Grace. It takes Jen seconds to realise.


“On sweet baby Jesus!” She cries, and guides us both to the sofa. “Reva, pour brandies large and quickly for everyone!”


“What’s going on, Mom?!” Reva hands Grace, then me the brandies. 


“Are...are you sure you had sex with Michael Grassi?” I whisper.


“Yes. They were the most magical times of my life. He said...maybe not...no, I will, because this is how much, how happy, how fulfilled and…” He goes dreamy eyed and I feel nauseous. “...how he had found a soul mate in me. He was devastated when I broke up with him!”


“Broke up with him?! You can’t break up with someone you aren’t in a relationship with!” Reva declares. “You were his side fuck, and a very messy one. Am not sure which of you was worse with their inability to clean up after themselves. Sadie almost quit after picking up your used…”


“Reva!” All four of us try to cut her off.


“Condoms all over the place, even on the stove hood. Why, since the bin is like a foot away?!”


“We got caught up in our passion for each other!” George declares. “It is kismet, we are destined to be together. Nothing will tear us apart!”


“Except the fact that you are half brothers!” Grace exclaims. “You are absolutely not fucking him again! It was disgusting before we knew the connection, but now it’s just putrid!”


“That's not kismet brother dear, that's incest!” Reva shudders.

Chapter End Notes:

If reviewing, please be kind and constructive. Thanks.