- Text Size +

CHAPTER 33 - A FEW MORE REVELATIONS 


BEDROOM - AN HOUR LATER


BRANDON


I hesitate before clearing my throat. He looks up with a sweet smile. “You coming on over, or you want me to come get you?” My answer is to join him on the bed. “So, these…” He turns the beads in his hands. “...are the vibrating ones. My question is, when did you get them? You know, since you spent most of your time glued to the spot.” 


Again, I clear my throat. “Someone had left them by the cash desk, I just grabbed...” I almost hit the ceiling at his unexpected kiss to my ear. 


“Calm down. Want to pick the lube?” He whispers. Once more, my action speaks louder than the words, which so happen to be stuck in my throat, ever could. “I want you to lie across my lap. Trust me?” I settle myself and take a shaky breath. My heart is beating so fast. When he touches my ass, I make myself stay still, telling myself where we are, but more importantly who I am with. I am with my boyfriend. 'You are with your boyfriend', I keep repeating in my head.


“Oh!” I gasp when I finally feel what he’s just done. 


“Nice?” He asks, whilst gently pushing a lubed finger slowly inside me. 


“Thought you were going to...uh-uh!” I start to harden as he adds another finger as gently as he did the first.


“Want me to stop?”


“Nu-uh, just...beads...thought, oh wow!”


“We can come back to them. I want your first one to be mine.” He again kisses my ear, then spends the next fifteen minutes gently fingering me, whilst I squeal, yelp and moan. “Okay, are you ready?”


“For what?” I pant.


“This.” He declares before pushing in deeper. 


“Holy crap on a cracker!” I scream. Wave after wave of pleasure has me thrashing on his lap. It is at least another five minutes before I can see properly. 


“Bran, let’s get you lying down, okay?” Ben gently starts to tug me upright. I help as much as my mushy body will allow. “Gonna get some water.” He’s not gone long. “Drink.” He orders, and I gulp it down, spluttering slightly. “You made a lot.” 


“Explains the towel on the floor.” I croak. “Thank you.”


“My pleasure. Watching you cum undone like that...like I said, my pleasure, but how did it feel for you?”


“More intense than topping. Okay, I don’t have anything to compare that to, so, is it like that as opposed to topping Michael?” I frown at his smirk. “What?”


“Dunno.” 


“How can you not know, you topped Michael, so what’s the difference?”


“Michael is very quick and selfish in that department, and, like I said, sometimes very unclean. I used that to my advantage and faked them.”


“You never came when you had sex with him?!” I gape.


“Nope. Besides, with a teenager in the room next door with thin walls, I mastered the art of quick and quiet wanking.” Slowly I stand up, only wobbling a little. “You alright?”


“Hmm, we need to shower.” I smile as we head to the bathroom “So let’s set a date, like next weekend. You top me and I top you.” He looks astonished before he nods. “You set the water.” At first we wash ourselves, then we start to wash each other. He giggles when I reach for his cock. “Laughter was not what I was hoping for!” 


“Oh, it’s not that. I think I know you a lot better now.” 


I stop soaping the sponge. “Meaning?”


“You must promise me one thing.” I nod. “That Brian and I can be there, when you let that particular cat out of the Michael bag.”


“I promise.”


MEL AND JENNY’S COTTAGE -  MORNING


LOUNGE


MEL


I take a measured sip of my coffee and wait. Gus is looking a cross between pissed off and guarded, which means only one thing: His mother. “What’s she done?”


“Called me and said that she’s going to be at the opening tonight. She doesn’t want anybody to be in any discomfort at her presence!” He grumbles. “How did she even get invited? I’m sure that’s not somewhere Dad would…” He stops railing, then looks between Lynette and I a couple of times, before levelling his gaze at her. “What is going on?”


“What do you mean? Gus, look at me when I am talking to you.” 


“Mom, I almost had her!” He exclaims, then grins at our confusion. “Been practising my Kinney glare. Hunter says I’ve almost got it! It's the only thing that shuts people up or gets them to spill!” He grabs his holdall. “So whatever you’re up to, enjoy! We’re getting ready at Pearl’s, then will meet you at Woody’s.”


“That’s ages away, what are you doing between then and now?” Lynnette queries, looking somewhat relieved. “Sorry, didn’t mean to…”


“Oh, don’t worry, Aunt Lynette.” Gus gets in first. “Shopping. Aunt Leda, Hunter, and Jenny need outfits for tonight. Uncle Ted, Pearl, and I are on judgement and paying duty.” 


“I see.” I smile, but then sober. “Does Jenny know she’s going to be there tonight?”


“Why do you think she needs a new outfit?” He chortles. “See you later!” He kisses us both goodbye, causing Lynette to press her cheek with an incredulous expression. The relationship between her, Gus, and Jenny has improved as much as the one between her and I.


“You know...” She ventures. “...I could…”


“You stop Gus, I’ll get my purse!” I order, and she dashes out, calling his name.


BRITIN


STABLES


JUSTIN


I rake the hay, humming to myself. It took almost an hour make out session to get him to ‘accept my apology’. Reaching in my pocket, I apply some lip balm to my still tender mouth and smile, he has the right amount of stubble..


“Hey, sweetheart.” Mom calls out as she comes in. “What are you doing?”


“Building up the strength in my wrists. The consultant said a repetitive action, say like sweeping, would help. Britin is immaculate, this is not, so I sweep.” 


“I see. I think.” She smiles. “I brought you something. Come sit and look.” She pats the hay bale. Puffing the hair from my eyes, I join her. “What do you think?” She hands me a copy of the Diamond Store magazine. Slowly I flick through it. It looks incredible! 


“When did you do this?!” I gasp as I take it all in. They have incorporated all the foodie doodlings that I had done on various bits of paper on each page, but when I get to Emmett’s page, I almost burst with pride. It shows Emmett’s face, but in shadow, so you can't really see who it is. “This…wait, I haven‘t finished looking!” I object when she takes it off me. 


“You missed it.” She sniffs, before turning back to the second page. “Look at that! Read it out loud.”


“All illustrations herein remain the property of Justin Taylor, and no copyright infringement is intended.” I can’t believe it. “Can I see the rest now?” She hands it back and scoots closer. We read through in silence. “It is more cohesive now. They match, the pictures and the words, they match.” 


“They do. I am so proud of you!” Mom kisses my cheek. “I knew he just needed the right inspo!”


“Inspo? Who are you talking about?” 


“Brian.” She gets up grinning. “He writes the magazine.”


“He does?! He never said! But what about the recipes?!” 


“Ah, those he gets from Debs.” She smiles.


“When did you find that out, and why didn’t you or he tell me?!” I exclaim.


“Sweetheart, calm down. I ‘found out’ by simply putting two and two together. Neither of them told me. I was reading one of the back issues of the magazines, and the pork ribs, you remember the one we had when I first met her? Yes, it is exactly the same. So I checked to see if the other recipes were in there, and they were. Now, I have to get that back to the proof readers, you have this one.” We swap. “It’s from about eighteen months ago, said he would love to try it but doesn't have the patience, but you do. You always loved the process of cooking, especially that kind of recipe. I bought some on my way here, it is in the mud room.”


I roll it up and hurry to the house, her laughter ringing in my ears, and me texting him to meet me in the kitchen. 


KITCHEN - FIVE MINUTES LATER


BRIAN


I can hear him but can't see him. “Ow! For crying out loud, why does he keep leaving the handles sticking out?!” I head to the pantry. There he is rubbing his shin. He stops when he sees me. I raise an eyebrow. “Can you grab that for me, please?” He points to a stockpot above his head. “Thank you.” He squeezes past me with it before heading to the ‘ingredients section’, so I follow. He picks and chooses in silence, occasionally glancing at me. “This is for tomorrow.” 


“I see. So the ‘this’ is?” I ask as he heads to the mud room.


“Oxtail stew.” He replies as he comes back in. “So come and stand right here, you read the recipe and I will do it. That way we are at least cooking it together.” I take up the magazine and pause when I recognise it. “We can take turns. You do the quick ones, I do the slow ones.”


“Sure. Are you…”


“Mad? No, does anyone else apart from my Mom know?”


“No, I just love to write. This gave me the opportunity without…well, you know, judgement.”


“Yeah, I know, Storm. So what do I do first?” 


JEWEL AND PEARL’S HOUSE - LATE AFTERNOON


LOUNGE


PEARL


“Okay, the boys get ready upstairs…” I begin to order.


“Why are we getting ready upstairs?” Hunter sighs as she switches off the TV, we had been watching a game. “Is there at least a TV so I can finish that?”


“Yes, there is a TV! And we need the light down here, much too sunny upstairs now. Obviously!” Jenny shakes her head. “Boys know nothing!”


“Come on, guys, the quicker we go and get ready, the quicker we can go help with any loose ends.” Uncle Ben orders, shepherding them towards the door. “This will also go a bit quicker with beer!” He whisper-hisses at Aunt Mel, who heads to the kitchen. 


We had such a great day shopping. As well as clothes, we got nibbles and tipples, as Dad calls them. He should be here soon. Mom told him to get ready with us, as she didn’t want him fussing himself into not going. “Aunt Lynette, sit down, you are not changing out of that cracking outfit. Now, Jenny, please ensure she stays there!”


“Aunt Lynette, come on, you look incredible. And for goodness sake, stop tugging at it! It is not too short, not for those fantastic legs, right?


“Absolutely!” I reply, then smile as the front door opens. “In the lounge, Dad, unless you want to get ready with the boys!”


“As if! All that rough, tumble and testosterone!” Dad grimaces as he comes in, then surveys the room. “Thank goodness I bought supplies.” He pulls the travel trunk to a stop. “Now, has prettifying begun?”


“No.” Jenny replies before gaping at the trunk. “That’s an Hermes travel trunk, you have a Hermes travel trunk!”


“Yes. This is only for everyday use, my other one is…”


“Other one?” She echoes, almost sitting on her hands to stop herself from touching it.


“Yes, we each have two. Have you not told her this, Pearl?” 


“No.” I giggle. “So did you bring them?”


“Of course.” He opens the trunk, then pulls out five handbags, one each from Louis Vuitton, Fendi, Chanel, YSL, and, of course, Hermes. “So, Pearl has been sending me outfit pictures, and Gus has told me about the trout. I obviously will be taking the Hermes. Lynette, the Chanel, Mel, the Fendi, Jenny in Gucci, and Jennifer, who is ten minutes away, the YSL. Pearl has her own Hermes, from Godiva.” We take our time admiring the handbags. “Now...” Dad talks and pours. “...full blast, or should I water it down for Jenny?” 


“Full blast, she’s learning a lot from Pearl.” Aunt Mel smiles. 


“Full it is. Now back to the make up. Normally, it would match the clutch, but since not all do that, we are all going to be using Chanel. I have taken the liberty of sorting out a makeup bag for each of you, well not Pearl as she has her own, so go grab them, they are labelled, and let me know if you are happy with my choices.” He then frowns at Aunt Lynette before gently taking her chin and turning her face to the window. “Do you wear makeup? Your skin is utter perfection!”


“Uh, no...my soon-to-be ex didn’t like it on me. Said it made me look weird, as did Lindsay.”


“Weird?” Jenny frowns. “You know what…” She is rummaging in Aunt Lynette's bag. “...you were married to an insecure douche and have a jealous trout for a sister. This colour will really make her eyes pop, won’t it?”


“If you could let the master do his work, we will find out!” He teases her.


Two hours later, we call the boys down. Now they are just staring...not at any of us, but at Aunt Lynette. “Okay, let’s take this off!” She orders. “I knew I shouldn’t have let you talk me…”


“You need to see yourself first.” Uncle Ben orders, reaching for a mirror. “Before I show her, is it waterproof?”


“Of course.” Dad replies, his eyes already shining.


“Take it and have a good hard look.” Uncle Ben hands her the mirror. 


It takes an age for her to take it, and even longer for her to lift it to her face. For a minute she just stares. “Is...is there a full length mirror in here?”


“Yeah, give me a few!” Hunter bounds out of the room. He props it against the closed door, and slowly she approaches. “You look…”


“This...this was what was under everything that they persuaded me to wear?”


“Yep.” Hunter beams. “And I would deem it a great honour to escort you to Woody’s before Aunt Mel and you have fun! So, can I?”


“Yes you can.” Aunt Lynette demurs, and we head out.


INSIDE WOODY’S - AN HOUR LATER


BRIAN


It’s finished, everything is set. I look around, and although I am sure they will like it, part of me is still unsure. This is so new for Liberty Avenue. “Bruh!” Bran calls out as he leads everyone else in. My jaw drops when I see Lynnette. “I know, right, doesn’t she look absolutely gorgeous? If I was straight…”


“Brandon!” She blushes. “Is there anything you need us to do, Brian?” 


“Yeah, can someone pour me a large whisk...Lynette, is that you?” Jewel gapes as she comes in from the kitchen. “Well, fuck me, where have you been hiding all of that?! Man, you look stunning!”


“Can everyone stop staring like that, please?!” She protests. 


“Honey, you are gonna have to get used to it!” Jewel grins. “So what do you think?”



“It’s great! You doing cocktails, Bruh? You know the people of LA, just champagne is not gonna fly!” The knowing amongst us fall silent, as the truth of his words hit home. 


“Jewel, what’s got you smiling?” Ems suddenly asks.


“Fizzy tequila honey bee!” 


“Ingredients!” He leaps behind the bar, followed by Bran and Ben. “More help, people! Jewel, go!”

 

“Think we should pitch it with lots of ice. Pearl, Jenny, Gus, and Hunter, set up the glasses - stemless champagne ones! So, first we need to rinse the pitchers with the mezcal, then we need champagne, tequila, honey syrup, fresh lemon juice, Angostura bitters...let’s go!”


FIVE MINUTES LATER


JUSTIN 


When I enter the bar, there is quite a production line going! “Can I help?!” I call out.


“Consistency!” Pearl shouts as she places the tray of glasses carefully. 


“Okay!” Taking a straw, I dip and taste each pitcher, and we only have to dump one, by which I mean, Carl and Debs declare it is theirs and are taking it home! Once more, he looks at the window, which shows a queue around the block. “Storm...you’ve got this.” I squeeze his hand. Whilst he doesn’t look at me, he does squeeze back. “Now go open the doors.”



Oxtail stew: https://www.africanbites.com/jamaican-oxtail-stew-2/

 

Chapter End Notes:

If reviewing, please be kind and constructive. Thanks.