- Text Size +

CHAPTER 51 - GIVE IT UP AND THE HONEY STARTS TO TRAP HERSELF 


MICHAEL


Lindsay and I are stunned. Where did this ballsiness from Mel come from? Okay, she’s always been a bit of a bulldog, but this crap needs to be stopped. 


“So why do they want your records?” Lindsay demands as she heads to the kitchen; while I follow and don’t answer, I toss the envelope in the lounge bin. “Michael, you know Mel, she wouldn’t ask without a reason…”


“Which lie is Lynette taking you to court for?” I counter. “What money did you borrow?”


“They’re none of your concern; your health is. Especially if this is something that is hereditary. You may not be her father in heart and mind, but you are biological...”


“Who the hell are you talking about?!” I snap.


“Who...so you have another child that you’ve abandoned because they didn’t play your way?!” Mel explodes, startling us both. 


“What are you still doing here?!” I fume, flushing. “Of course I knew she meant Jenny, I was just…”


“Being a cold hearted selfish prick! This was in the bin.” She holds out the envelope. “Unless you want to be tarred with the same brush, get this to his attorney!” 


“Oh for pissing fuck sake!” Lindsay grabs it before I can. “Lynette, open his bag please!”


Following her to the lounge; I fume as Lynette tosses the beers out and shoves the envelope in. While she zips it up, Lindsay makes a call; her glare renders me still, quiet…and wary.


“Hi, Matthew it’s Lindsay. No, I am not alright! One of you needs to come and pick up Michael. Why? Because he needs to go home, and I don't trust him to do that. He’s at my house...will text you my address. Also, whoever is not coming has to call his attorney and make an appointment for him. I’m very serious. Thank you.” Her getting in my space makes me bump into the drinks cabinet. It rattles, she grimaces. “Give me your phone!” I hand it over. “Either your dad or brother is coming; you will wait on the porch. I dare you to move!”


“I’ll stop him with my car if he does!” Mel growls.


INSIDE MEL’S CAR - TEN MINUTES LATER


MEL


Whoever came began the bollocking before he got in. He had put his holdall in the back, but was made to go and get it. The last thing we heard him grinch was that it wasn’t her business to tell them anything.


“Did you see the looks exchange when I mentioned French’s name?” Lynnie nods; seconds later realisation hits me. “Oh that pushead!”


“Which one?” Lynnie squeezes my arm as it hits her too. “So he must have known about them, and…”


“Bet they did a rota to see who got to fuck there and on what day!”


“First, there’s Gus, Jenny, Brian and me. Then your gorgeous Amazonian girlfriend who comes with Jenny’s best friend and sister, Pearl. Holmes, Watson, Dempsey and Makepiece. Also Justin, Leda, Emmett, Ben, Brandon, Ted, Blake, me, Zach, Debs, Carl…and she has?”


“Thanks for the reminder.” I smile, although it rankles that he must have gloated, if only to himself.


“Speaking of sisters; am calling Reva…” I frown as she does so. “...there’s some...oh, hi, Reva, how you doing? That’s great. Great. Look, I hate to say this to you, but I’ve got some news about Michael. I think it would be best if you and your Mom tell George, as I doubt he will, and I know they’re close. Are you ready? He was an...an escort…she’s getting Grace…” She mutters. “...yes, Grace, I’m serious. I’m with Mel; we’ve just served papers to Michael for...say that again? No, no, wait a second…”


“I said they were sleeping together! How long ago was this escorting, and why are papers being served for it?!” We gape at the phone. “Are you still there? Mel?! Lynette?! Someone speak to me!”


“It’s Mel...um, it was at least two, maybe, I think...sleeping together?!”


“Please don’t say months. Please don’t say months!” Reva bellows. 


“No, years!” I get my nausea under control whilst they sigh in relief. “How long has it been since they…”


“We think about six months ago, whilst that...oh my God, Ben!” Reva gasps. “Does he know?!”


“Yes, Brandon is looking after him.” Lynnie balls her fists. “What a fucktastrophy! Look, ladies, can we meet later in the week? We need to get home and inhale a bottle of brandy.”


“Fucktastrophy is right! And no, come to ours.” Grace orders. “We’ll inhale together!”


“We’ll be there in fifteen minutes! I’ll drive!” Lynnie declares, hanging up, shooing me out, then crawling into my seat. I get back in looking stupefied. “I’m crap at giving directions, but putting my petal to the metal, that I can do!”


“Actually, it’s pedal…whoa!” I shriek as she peels off down the road. “Alive, we need to get there alive!”


GRACE AND REVA’S HOUSE - FORTY MINUTES LATER


LOUNGE


LYNNIE


“I wasn’t going that fast!” I grumble, stuffing the ticket in my purse. “Mel, tell them!”


“Sixty in a forty, and you jumped a light, which he didn’t see.” She giggles. “And that ticket would’ve been more if you weren’t wearing that skirt!”


I raise my glass in concession. “So what do we do now?”


Grace clears her throat. “Well, before we tell you about Matthew, Mel serves divorce papers to Lindsay, after our night out.” She nods, smiling for the first time since we left. “So the thing with Matthew is…”


BRITIN - SAME TIME


THEIR ROOM


BRIAN


It’s like the first time, except we’re kissing, check that we’re frenching, the only sounds are the squelching and the jangle of my belt as he undoes my pants. He cups my butt, and looks surprised when I stop him. “Need a second.” I breathe deeply, he giggles. “Not helping.” I growl. 


“They’re so heavy.” He murmurs; I moan as he cups and strokes my cock and balls. “And all mine. I can’t wait to plunder your…” 


“Now, right now.” I start shoving my pants off, he pushes me flat and yanks them away. “No lube, wet enough…” I grab a cushion, shove it under my butt, and spread my legs. “...come on, need you now!” He rips open the condom with his teeth and quickly sheaths himself. I’ve never seen him so hard. I can’t wait to feel him. 


“No!” He gasps, backing away. 


“What the hell?!” I shout as he runs to the bathroom. “Justin! That is so fucking insulting!” I snarl, storming after him. “You had…what are you doing?!” 


“I can't fucking believe it!” He  cries, furiously washing his cock. “I thought I threw them all away!”


It takes me a few seconds to realise and stay his hand. “You're going to hurt my second favourite cock.” He rolls his eyes before leaning against me whilst I dry him off. “How about we make sure there’s no more anaphylactic cock shock causing condoms, I give you a shave, and we revisit this tomorrow?”


“Suppose, but I was…” I press my semi hardness against him. “We both were so hot, wet and ready.” I harden further, his eyes light up then it dies. “We can’t even kiss!” He exclaims, reaching for mouthwash. 


“Oh for fuck!” I bitch as my dick dies. “You had to use your teeth!” I load up his toothbrush. 


“I was caught in the moment!” He snaps, snatching it off me.


“Which you ruined!” I snap back.


We sleep in separate rooms.


NOVOTNY HOUSEHOLD - NEXT MORNING


KITCHEN


MATTHEW


I despair of my sons! I’m beginning to think that the fault may, as has oft been said, lie with me. Not their coupling, that is down to them, but their selfishness and rampant buck passing!


When I got Michael home last night he refused to say what had happened that led to him being picked up like a child. So whilst he was shirking and stalling by having a soak; because he was so very stressed out after unnecessary barracking from Queen Waspy Knickers. I was going to call Lindsay to ask when Grace called. When I confronted him with her news, he shrugged and said he was getting his needs met. And also, as he was always curious, he might as well get paid for the pleasure! Then buck passed the blame to Ben for being unadventurous! Like I said, I despair of my sons.


“Dad?” George hesitantly comes in. “I’m over it.” 


“Which it is that? The Brian Kinney it or the fucking my brother it?” His goes ashen. “Well?!”


“Both.” He replies weakly, sitting down. “But I promise, I didn’t know who he was, and when we found out we didn’t do it again…”


“Only because I didn't want to!” Michael snaps from the doorway.


“Oh please!” George and I scoff. “Let me handle this, Dad. You only, allegedly, stopped yourself because of Reva! If she wasn't a threat, which she isn't, as she is too repulsed by it to give it a thought, and I pressed your buttons hard enough, we both know, Michael, that you would’ve been in my ass faster than Valentino on a promise!”


“You overestimate your desirability!” Michael snipes. “And as for tipping that pathetic hat at Brian, not a hope in hell. He would never go anywhere near you!” Dad bursts out laughing and I smile. “I know my brother, and you're not his type!”


“Not now, no. He's only hot for blondes. And you’re a fine one to talk! Did you know about being related to him, actually to them, before you were told?” George, ironically, looks disgusted. “Everyone on Liberty Avenue and beyond knows you wanted him to fuck you, hell you even liked Brandon for a while before you got the hint that he hates you. Want me to tell you what it’s like?”


Michael stops making his coffee, his scornful look mixed with disbelief. 


“He took my virginity…” George continues. “...it was exquisite, so exquisite that for a while I wanted him and only him. You know why I went with you? Because you reminded me of him. Not in looks, charm or prowess, obviously, but the ruthless pursuit…”


“You're lying!” 


“Ask him. Call him right now and ask him, if you dare.” George taps Michael’s phone. “He doesn’t lie, shame you do, all the time. In fact, the only time you are honest is when you are being a spiteful little troll!”


“I want you both out of here in the next hour!” He snarls; his jaw drops when we shake our heads. “This is my house! Leave, or I'll call the police!”


“Do that and we go to the Cockblogger and tell them everything.” I declare, his gaze shifts between us. “You’re already a target of them. We don’t need to tell him per se, we just need to tell someone. Everyone knows someone, don’t they?”


“This is blackmail!” He declares.


“Which is exactly what you tried to do to Lindsay last night. How’s that petard of yours feeling?” George laughs. 


“According to the swirling stories…” I sneer. “….unlike the recipients of your self proclaimed prowess, well fucked!” 


MASTER BEDROOM - HALF AN HOUR LATER


MICHAEL


I watch them swagger out of sight and sigh. I need them gone but how? How do I get rid of them and leave Ben to wonder? He doesn't need to know anything and like I said if he met that need, hell if he met any need then I would’ve been faithful to him. That’s the trouble with boys like Ben, he fell in love, well what’s not to, but then got complacent and comfortable. Love was not enough for me, I wanted and still want thrills, excitement, adventures, not hum drum and cosy cuddles by the fires, that’s for fossils, too weak, brittle and boring to do anything else! 


I think back to my first time with a client, admittedly I vommed straight after but the money was good, so I did it a few times. Then I have it; pulling out my phone I dial and hum. “Yes, this is Michael Novotny. I want to speak to someone about terminating my lease. I want to do this as quickly as possible. Yes, I’m aware of the penalties.”


“Now, Michael, why would you want to move from such salubrious surroundings?” My heart and guts plummett as Dad’s voice fills the room, why the fuck did I call him?! “Come to the lounge. Don’t keep me waiting.”


I see George in the kitchen, he’s got his headphones on, so at least whatever is going down he can’t crow over. As I enter, Dad turns off the TV and sighs.


“You didn't call me, if that’s what you’re thinking. I changed the agency number to mine on your phone, want to know why?” I nod but am livid. “Because you lied to me, and not just about you two fucking. I took measures to ensure I had a roof over my head for as long as I needed it, my first line of protection was the storage unit. You remember that all of your paperwork is in there? You were so very keen to share, remember?” My mind starts to race as to what he’s going to do. “And only your stuff in there, plus the keys are in California.”


“George lied too!” He shrugs. “Why does he get to walk for it then?!”


“George has always lied and I can always tell. But you, I had hoped you had grown up and were different, kinder. However, you are worse, he’s not deliberate or spiteful, you are.”


“Just tell me how much you want!” I growl.


“Money wise, not a cent.” I frown. “What we want is for you to do something.”


“I’m already going to give my medical records up, and…”


“Only because you were forced to!” He seethes. “So for the next three months, you are going to be something that's an anathema to you…you are going to be kind, nice and helpful to each and every living thing that crosses your path.”


“What?”


“You heard me. And if you're not, we add on another month of company.” His smugness grates. “Among the first things you’re going to do is apologise to Ben and Jenny, then your Mom and Carl…”


“I would rather give you money!” I fume. He snickers and I cringe.


“Four months.” He nods behind me, there’s the smiling assassin that is George. “And swap rooms with your brother, he finds the back one a little draughty.”


BRITIN - THREE DAYS LATER


LOUNGE


DAPHNE


“You two haven't had sex in four days?” I can’t believe they have been so moronic and stubborn about this. “Why…”


“Because I went to use the condom that he’s allergic…”


“Yes, Justin, I get that. However, my question was going to be, why do you need condoms?” Blank looks have me suppressing my urge to scream. “It’s only been you two, mentally from the get go, cemented the moment you deflowered. Have you…”


“Monogamy is not something he wants.” Justin sighs.


“What do you mean I don’t want that?!” Brian growls.


“You didn't say you did!”


“Are you taking this piss?!”


“Where was I when you did then?!” 


“In the barn! I said I’d marry you for fuck sake!”


“Guys!” They look at me. “How have you not had this conversation?” The fight is replaced by fear in one and concern in the other. I clasp my hands to keep me from banging their heads together. “You guys have to talk about the big things. Not second guess. You’ve assumed that because of history, Brian wouldn’t want to settle with just you and Justin would want to try other guys.” Looks are exchanged. “A simple talk would’ve prevented you two being miserable, frustrated, sleeping alone assholes!”


TWENTY MINUTES LATER


BRIAN


Our ears are ringing from the further bollocking Daph and Mark gave us. He came in when he heard her scream-swear. “We’ve got to do better.”


“Hmm.” He leans down to kiss my forehead. I pull him back down, he shakes his head; I scowl then clear it. “Thank you. Before we get too hot and bothered, which we will, how come it was so easy before?” 


I sit up to think. “Because when we talked about everything and anything, we were…”


“Using our computers! How about we go back to that?” 


I grab the laptop and lie back in his lap. “iPads, mini and normal?” He kisses my mouth. “Blue for you and green for me, we leave them here, in the open; when one is gone, we know the other needs to talk.” 


We shop quickly, putting a rush on it. “This is ridiculous!” He giggles.


“This is us!” I chuckle. “And when we get better at it, which we will, we can use them for other ways of telling each other what we want.”


“Perfect.”


“Would it be okay if we sleep in the same bed tonight?”


“More than okay.”


BABYLON - SATURDAY NIGHT


WINE & DINE BAR


JEWEL


What a terrible fuckfest, the last few days have been! If it wasn’t one thing it was another, but now, finally, the storms have gone and we’re back to something akin to happiness and joy. Pearl is abuzz with excitement that her wiles have persuaded Lindsay to come. She argued she didn't want to cause discord if Mel was there, but here we all are. Lindsay said she would be bringing a friend with her though.


“Darling girl!” Ems trills as he and Drew join me. “Looking ravishing!”


“Looking ravished!” I nod at Drew’s neck. “Take it CB will be declaring a certain ex-Iron Man, now vet, bitten by the lovebug.”


“Literally and yes!” Drew chortles happily.


“Who are we waiting for?” Ems looks around. Brian and Justin are making out on the sofa. “Can you believe the behaviour of those two pillocks?” He grouses with a smile. “CB will be announcing something else soon.”


“I can understand it in a way; they’ve happened so fast; at that speed you're gonna hit cockblocks. Wait, what else?”


“Nothing about them, that is sacrosanct. Oh no, CB is being the Master of Machiavellian Mayhem, but it needs to be handled just right.” He frowns. “Are you okay?” I point behind him. “Oh, she's good, she’s very good.” 


“Yeah, our daughter is a mistress of mendacity. It’s the guy you need to focus on.”


“Why? Who is…”


“Smile!” I hiss as she approaches beaming. “Lindsay, so glad you could make it.”


“Thank you, Jewel, you look great, no Lynnie or Zach?” She tosses her hair and grips the guy tighter, he flinches. 


“Behind you.” I state. They are followed by Mel and Leda. 


“Lynnie, Zach, I want to introduce you to my new companion…let’s grab a seat and get to know each other, if I'm lucky he will be my plus one at your rehearsal dinner!” She sweeps them to a corner table. “Can you send a waiter over, please, Jewel? I know you’re not working tonight, but they wouldn’t want to upset their boss!” 


“Oh that silly grandstanding galah!” I giggle. “This is going to be funnier than ever!” Brian and Justin finally come up for air and join us. “You see that guy that Lindsey's ensnared?” They nod. “Wanna tell them, Sweets?” I pull Mel closer. Out of the corner of my eye, Lindsey's hand suddenly goes to his thigh. “Think if I start neck nibbling, she’ll blow him under the table?”


“Please don't!” Drew pleads. “So who’s the guy; what’s with Zach’s expression?”


“Because that is her godfather, DA Renwick Paulson.” Mel chuckles. 


“But he's married! You didn't get in touch with him because he was on his honeymoon!” Justin hisses.


“He’s not. He goes on a divorce honeymoon, to celebrate.” I raise my glass at their table, Dad acknowledges it with a wink. “So, Sweets, what are the chances of her knowing who he is, and is using him as a scare tactic?”


“High, very high.” She gets on tiptoes to lay a hot one on me. “And the chances of him being happy about that when he finds out?”


“Low, very low.” I grin. “Let’s tell him at dinner tomorrow.”

Chapter End Notes:

Please be kind and constructive if reviewing, thanks.