- Text Size +

CHAPTER 57 - RINGING IN THE CHANGES CAUSES SHOCK AND HA-PENIS


CLAIRE AND JACK’S HOUSE - TEN DAYS LATER


PETER


We're in shock. We’ve gotten justice for Millie. DA Paulson argued that he should not escape punishment because he is dead, so he has been convicted of child destruction too. 


Our surprise that his family was in court was twofold. First that they were there, and second, they backed that decision. Turned out they had no idea how abusive he was. When he died, we never contacted them again, and we have a spiteful act to thank for the reconnection.


“I shall let Lindsay know what Michael did.” Aunt Debs growls. “I just don’t understand why he has to be so hurtful!”


“Please don’t be upset.” I bite my lip. “It’s a good thing, they’ve been so kind. Because of them, we’ve found Millie. That, that, I don’t have a horrible enough word for him! He had her remains and said nothing. Knowing how miserable Mom was, he kept her in the dark. And to have told them that she was a dog!” 


“Come here, bro, come here.” John holds me tight, I feel his tears in my hair. “She’s with us now, pride of place, we're a family now.” He mutters.  “Pearl described him best as a cowardly rancid stinking cockwaffle.”


She’s sheepishly vermillion faced. “I also said not to say I said that!”


“Cockwaffle?” Aunt Jewel frowns then smiles. “Pretty mild, you can have it.”


“Really?!” She gasps. 


“Count to thirty in seconds, first!” Uncle Emmett declares, she beams. “Now why are we telling Lindsay what Michael did?”


“What are you thinking of doing to warty boy, Daddy Cockblogger?” Pearl declares, before glaring at a giggling Aunt Jewel. “I had tests! My brain and savvy was otherwise engaged. I would’ve gotten there quicker if it wasn’t for that!”.


“You’re the cockblogger?!” John gasps. “Me and Pete read that every week!” 


“John!” I hiss. 


“Perhaps we should start a reading group.” Grandpa Jack smiles.


“You too?!” I gasp, then look across at Mom. “Oh, come on, seriously, let’s just make it a breakfast thing every Sunday!”


“Deal!” She laughs. “So, Emmett, what are you going to do? And despite the good that’s come out of it, it was still nasty of him. I think he came after me because he couldn't do anything about Brian.”


“Yeah, me too. If I may make a suggestion?” Jenny looks thoughtful. “Get Papa Ben to let him know who’s the boss?” Pearl nods. “It’s been said he’s been swaggering about, which I don’t understand considering how he behaved with Grandma and Uncle Brian. Time to put a stop to that.”


“Because Uncle Brian is too busy trying to get back into the pants and good books of his pissed off fiance!” Pearl laughs.


Aunt Jewel shakes her head. “The boy is cutting off his nose to spite his face!”


“Let’s put a stop to that as well.” Grandpa Carl sniggers. “One minute. Debs, honey, are these the right ones?” She looks at his phone and smiles. “Yeah, that oughta do it.”


“Back to warty boy, what are you going to do, Dad?”


“I’ve already started. The lock out starts today.” He claps his hands on his knees. “But now we have to get you all fed, don't we, Jewel?” She rolls up her sleeves. “Kiddies, go for a walk.”


FIFTEEN MINUTES LATER 


PEARL


Dempsey hisses impatiently as Makepiece stops to sniff the bushes. They are so in love with Holmes and Watson, who are with Gus, Hunter, Peter and John, that they have to go on their walks too. Anyone, hooman or doggo that looks at them funny, soon finds those two cats have pitbull muscle!


The boys have gone ahead, Jenny and I thought they might find it easier to talk to them without us. “So you and Stefan?” I smile at my bestie.


“What about me and Stefan?” She blushes. 


“His hoodie you wear now.” I intone. “Papas have approved?”


“Stop it, Yoda!” She giggles as she elbows. “Yes, they’ve approved as has, oh what do I call her?”


“Momma Jewel?” I suggest. “And I can say Momma Mel?”


“Double yes. Have you shopped for California? Oh, according to Dee, she’s not returned that frightmare outfit yet.”


“And she won’t, wanna know why?” She nods. “Because Mom said to her how awesome she looks, and since she still wants to get in her pants, she's going to keep it until she can dazzle her with her vajazzle.”


“Does my Mom know that?”


“I think you should tell her.” As she does a swift about face, I smirk and send Grammie  Lynnie a text. Her response of: over my dead body gives me hope that I shall have another Mom and a proper sister in no time flat!


MICHAEL’S STORE - AN HOUR LATER


MICHAEL


I can’t believe the stuff that I got from the convention! As I duck down to grab another load of to separate out, the door opens. “Be right with you!”


“Nice to see you working.”


“Management reserves the right to refuse service.” I sneer at Ben, although he looks gorgeous. Why wouldn't he make this effort for me?! “And I refuse. In fact, I shall be speaking to Lindsay to get you banned for life.” He looks around. “What are you doing?” 


“Taking inventory.” He replies, heading towards the back. When I hear the door being opened, I follow. “We won’t be long.” He tells a guy I vaguely recognise from a couple of conventions. “Michael, a word out front, please.”


He leans against the counter. I don’t join him, feeling sure he will move first, like always. As predicted, he sighs in defeat. “Gonna use the bathroom, I’ll expect you and your whatever that is, does Brandon know about him, gone in five minutes, understand?”


“Perfectly.” He returns. 


FIFTEEN MINUTES LATER


BEN


As he sauntered out on the phone, he was loudly arranging a fuck date, When he bragged that he has at least ten, I was tempted to yell he’s talking about his IQ Or the seconds of his attention span before it drifts! Now he’s checking the office. 


“Thank fuck that stupid asshole has gone!” He grouses as he locks both the back and office doors. “A shame he took that guy with him, could’ve shown him a good time!” He whistles as he approaches, spluttering to a stop when he sees us waiting. “Why are you still here?” He looks at his recent purchases. “What are you doing with those?”


“Like I said, taking inventory. Now as I recall, when you sticker things it means you’re keeping it for yourself. See, I did listen when you talked about this kind of stuff. Let’s sort out the transfer amount, then you can be on your way, alright?” 


“Transfer amount?” He echoes.


“You used your boss’s money to get them, so you need to pay them back.”


MICHAEL


“Lindsay and I have an accommodation, which doesn’t concern you!” I go to the door, then see the lock is different. “What’s going on?!”


“According to Cash here, who doesn’t want you to show him anything, you bought these for $7,525 plus tax. Two choices, pay up or leave them. In any event you’re done here.”


“Done here, what crap are you spouting?!”


“Rather spout it than eat it!” Cash spits, looking revolted. “Always thought there was something skanky about you, but that, yeah, the blackballing in the community for you has started!”


“Whatever he’s said to you is a lie! He’s my ex and is jealous that I’ve moved on!”


“Okay, let’s get this wrapped up.” Cash declares. “As the new manager, I need to get this shithole into some semblance of order!” 


“I’m the manager and this is not a shithole!” I seethe.


“Get up to speed. You've been fired. Get your stuff and go.”


“Fired?! What a crock!” He blocks my attempt to get behind the counter. “Move out of the way! Lindsay is going to have your hide, Ben! She doesn't like losing money, you oughta know better than involving her in your pathetic revenge schemes!”


“Lindsay sold this to Brian, who gave it to me. Said to do what I wanted with it - he thought that I would have a better, um, business plan, not revenge scheme, business plan. Cash, give him this, please.”


“And what is that?!”


“Certificate of ownership.” Cash smirks as he hands it to me.


I feel hot and cold as I read. “Now, Ben.” I quaver. “Please, let’s be reasonable.”


“I shall be as reasonable with you as you were with me.”


BRITIN - EARLY EVENING


DRIVEWAY


JUSTIN


My parents have torn a strip off of me, as have Daphne and Mark. Of course they’re right, because not only have I cut my nose off to spite my face, I’ve got blue balls in the process! 


I’ve been out all day, and although we’ve been texting, they’ve been succinct and few and far between. I reread his last, asking if he should bring out some bedding. Cursing my stupidity, I go to face the consequences. 


He’s in the hallway, hands in pockets, face set stern. “Come warm up and eat, you must be cold and hungry, since you didn’t take the lunch I made for you. Marius said you worked through, is that right?” In response, I shuffle to the dining room, my appetite fading with every step. 


As I open the door, two things hit me, sight and smell. “What’s this?”


“Dinner.” He replies, holding out a chair. Slowly, I sit with my mouth watering. I squirm as he kisses my neck. “Give me a few minutes to get the glasses. Check out the menu.” 


“Wait, Brian, I need to say sorry first!” I call, but he’s gone. Feeling joy and relief, I start to read. “Jesus! Crispy pork belly, Bajan chicken, veggies and salad, sweet potato brownies and salted caramel ice cream with black sesame sugar.” My stomach growls. “I wonder if I could have a little piece of chicken just there? No, no, be good and patient!” As I turn away from temptation, I see the drinks. “Surely not? Where the hell did he find blue champagne?!” I check it out, then sniff the plum sake. I’m now starting to drool. “Do you need me to do anything?!” 


“Yes.” He drawls, my jaw drops. “Match my outfit, then open this.”


Smiling, I shuck off my clothes. My hand trembles as I take the box. I give him a smouldering look. You smell sexy as fuck.”


“Thanks.” He murmurs. “It’s not gonna open itself.” Reluctantly, I concentrate on the box. I almost drop it when I see the contents. “Which one do you want, silver or gold?”


“I’ll take silver, please.” I whisper as he approaches. He frowns when I hold up my hand. “I need to shave.”  


He unfurls a leather roll to reveal an old fashioned barbers’ set. “If Blue will take a seat and keep still, then I shall begin.”


 





Crispy pork belly recipe | delicious. magazine (deliciousmagazine.co.uk)

Bajan Chicken Recipe - olivemagazine

Sweet Potato Brownies Recipe | Yummly

SALTED CARAMEL ICE CREAM WITH BLACK SESAME SUGAR — THE COELIAC'S REVENGE (thecoeliacsrevenge.com)

Blumond™ Blue Bubbly – UK Saraceni Wines

Nanbu Bijin Umeshu (Plum) Sake 300ml - Buy from London Sake UK

 

JockRing BOA - Prime edition - Solid silver & solid gold options (esculpta.com)

 

Chapter End Notes:

Please be kind and constructive, if reviewing. Thanks.