- Text Size +
Author's Chapter Notes:

For those readers who have been following this story, it is almost complete.  There is one more chapter after this one.  But don't be sad, there is another story coming.  I hope to post the last chapter of this story later this week and then the new story begins next week.  

 

Daphne left Justin's suite and walked back to her office feeling thankful that Justin now seemed to be comfortable with the direction in his life.   She reviewed the last few weeks and was amazed that Justin had functioned as well as he had.  Like he said, it had been one thing after another for several weeks and now the culminating event- the court date was set for next week.  She understood that even after the court date, life would not return to normal immediately.  Justin and Brian still had to process what had happened.  It probably wouldn't return to their "normal" until after Justin's show and that wasn't for a few weeks away.

She remembered that lunch they shared a few weeks ago where Justin and her had talked about the possibility of him becoming a parent.  Justin had been adamant that this door was closed since Brian did not want to be a full time father.  She wondered if the last few weeks would change Justin's mind.  True, he had to deal with a fan turned stalker, to the point where the man thought he was in a relationship with him, but on the other hand he saw how Brian's trust and support never wavered.  Brian was doing everything in his power to protect Justin. She wondered if they even talked about the child issue.  When all of this was a distant memory, she thought she might revisit the topic with him. She felt he would make a great father and loved watching him with Gus and other children. 

Why that conversation and lunch had re-entered her mind, she was unsure, but it was her belief that nothing was random; all thoughts had a purpose- people just didn't understand the purpose at the time.   She passed a large LED clock on a billboard and realized she better hurry or she would be late to her appointment.

Justin took the pizza box and walked outside to the dumpster to dispose of it. The left over two pieces had been placed in a zip lock bag on a shelf.  He knew Brian was only half joking about the pizza being left in the apartment. Brian was still as meticulous about his appearance as he'd been when they first met.  Now, of course, age had begun its assault on his body, but as a result of his diligence, the small lines around his eyes were the only sign that he'd grown older.  His mind was still just as sharp, his wit just as quick and his opinions were just as strong.  Justin often wondered what type of man Brian would have been had he had a different childhood; but it was a moot point.  He'd fallen in love with this Brian and if he'd had a different childhood, then he wouldn't be the same man.  Despite Brian having a shitty childhood and building the walls around his emotions so high, Justin was thankful that Brian persevered and grew up to be the magnificent man who was his partner.  Brian's generosity had landed him in these spacious and well-appointed rooms, away from his studio separated from its constant reminder of his inability to create.  Brian knew him so well and he understood Brian.  He often thought he was the only one who truly "got" him, but he was okay with that since he was privileged to see the unmasked Brian, the wonderful man he was in love with and who showed him true and unconditional love.

He wanted to thank Brian and hoped he was free for a little interruption this afternoon.  He could not think of anything better to do than to surprise his partner for a quick tryst.  His smile widened when he envisioned himself giving Brian a quick blow job and then being turned around, hands against Brian's desk as he plowed into his tight ass.  He felt himself get very hard as he imagined what he hoped would be happening in the next hour.  But before that could happen, he had to get to Kinnetik.  The weather had turned cold and the wind blew strongly; therefore, Justin decided to take a cab rather than walk or take the bus. 

Hailing a cab, he arrived at Kinnetik a short 10 minutes later.  Walking into the building, he blew on his hands to warm them up as he'd left his gloves in his other coat.  Even if he wasn't going to paint, he might go back to Britin to pick up a few items.  Walking up to the reception desk, he spoke with Sally, asking if Brian was free.  Before she could answer, Cynthia came into the lobby.

"Justin.  I wasn't expecting you.  Everything okay?" She asked as she looked at him, trying to see any signs of distress.

"Everything's fine.  I just thought I'd surprise Brian.  Is he free?"  The mischievousness in his voice could be heard and she smiled.

"He's not with anybody at the moment and he just finished a conference call.  He's got a 4:00 with the art department, but that gives you at least an hour or more to take care of things," she said smiling, acknowledging she understood that surprise really meant sex.

Justin blushed slightly and said, "Thank you.  Can you hold his calls?"

Sally started to say something, but Cynthia stopped her.  "Of course, Justin.  Don't forget to lock the door."

Sally looked at Cynthia in confusion and then turned bright red when she realized the meaning of surprise.  She knew that Justin and Brian were partners and had been experiencing some difficult times, but she would have never thought her boss would be so bold as to do "that". 

Justin walked into Brian's office and Brian did not look up.  He said, "I told you I was not to be disturbed.  Whatever it is, unless someone is dying, close the door and do not disturb me," he grumbled.

"Okay.  I'm dying to be fucked by you.  Does that count?"

Brian looked up from his work and hit save on his computer.  He put down his pencil and moved the papers on his desk to the side. 

"I think that can be arranged.  Why don't you lock the door and pull the blinds?  Wouldn't want an audience."

"You like audiences. Seems to me the backroom..."

"Shut up and come here.  I'm dying to fuck you too."

Justin did as Brian requested and they enjoyed an afternoon delight.  As Brian put his clothing back in place, he looked at his partner trying to judge his mental state.

"To what do I owe this impromptu visit?  Not that I'm complaining, but I didn't expect to see you until this evening." 

Justin finished pulling his hoodie over his head and walked over to the couch, sitting down on the soft brown cushions.

"Daphne came over this afternoon, shared some pizza." Justin patted the seat next to him, indicating he wanted Brian to join him.

"I know.  I hope this means there isn't pizza in the fridge," Brian said tongue in cheek.

"Well, there are a few pieces left," Justin said as he smiled mischievously.

Brian looked at the clock on the wall, seeing he only had about 20 minutes until he needed to get ready for his next appointment.  "I've love to play 20 questions with you Justin, but I really don't have time."

Justin nodded his head in understanding and took a deep breath, trying to put his thoughts into a shorter version of the conversation at lunch.

"Daphne and I talked over lunch.  She helped me realize that I really don't want to move, but that I don't want to be reminded of my inability to do my art right now.  I was really mad at you because you moved us, but then I realized that I'm not mad at you, I'm thankful that you realized how difficult it was for me to face my creative block."

Brian listened and then tried to untangle the ideas.  "So you really don't want to move.  You just don't want to be by your studio right now.  Your studio reminds you of your inability to paint and that hurts."

"Yeah.  Daphne is really smart.  I'm lucky to have her as a friend."

"So, I don't need to call your mom and have her start looking for a new home for us?"

"Nope.  Mom doesn't need to intervene.  Just give me time, Brian.  I know I have a show in a few weeks.  I have enough pieces right now; you said so yourself.  I don't know when I'll be ready to paint again."  Justin rubbed his hands over his face in frustration.  "Knowing doesn't make the problem any easier to accept."

Brian leaned over and kissed him on the forehead and gave him a brief hug.

"Whatever you need, Sunshine.  I'll be here for you."  Brian wanted to lay them both down on the couch, to hold his partner and provide the reassurance he knew he wanted, but the knock on the door brought him back to the present.

"Seems like our time is up.  I've got this meeting and then I will try and wrap it up for the day.  Let's go to the Chinese place on the corner for dinner."

"Sounds like a plan."  Justin leaned forward and gave Brian a kiss on the lips.  Standing up from the couch, he made sure his clothing was back in place.  He knew Sally and Cynthia had a good idea of what they were doing in Brian's office, but he really didn't want to advertise his afternoon activities to all of Kinnetik.

Walking to the door of Brian's office suite, he unlocked the door and turned toward his partner.

"Later."

"Later," Brian said in response and smiled.

Justin left the office and walked to the lobby where he hailed a cab to take him back to the suites.

 


A week later

 

Today was the day.  The day of reckoning.  That sounded too formidable, like some religious text or sermon, but for John Scott, Peter Helio, Michael Strong, Brian Kinney and Justin Taylor it was a day in court.  A day to hopefully sort out the last month of stalking and see an end to everyone's unease.

John, Peter and Michael had arrived the night before and had checked into a local hotel near the court house.  They spent the evening in the hotel, watching tv and talking.

"Do you think the judge will put me in jail?  I know what I did was wrong and I'm in therapy now." John asked Michael as they sat on the two beds in the room.  "I know a part of me still thinks that Justin is my boyfriend, but I realize that isn't the case. Surely the courts will understand that I wasn't thinking right."

Michael took a drink of his Sam Adams beer. They had picked up a 6 pack on their way back from dinner. "I'm not a lawyer, John, but your lawyer, Alan, thinks you won't go to jail.  You do understand there is a restraining order against you.  You can't go see Justin or have any interaction with him."

John nodded his head in understanding.  "It all seemed so real."

Peter came out of the bathroom and sat beside his friend on the bed.  He turned and gave him a hug.  "We know, but I'm glad you realize it isn't.  We're here for you."

"I know."  John yawned.  "I guess speculation isn't going to do anything.  I think I'll try to get some sleep. He stood up and pulled out his key card to his room.  "You guys sleep well.  See you in the morning."  He walked to the door and went to his room where he spent the rest of the evening.

"What do you think will happen tomorrow?" Peter asked Michael as they sat on the bed next to each other.

"I talked to Alan a few days ago.  Seems the court is on John's side.  He has no legal history and no history of Mental Health issues prior to this.   I think the court will make sure he understands about the restraining order, make him pay the court costs and be done.  The courts have so many serious crimes to contend with that they probably won't do anything here.  Not to say that what John did wasn't serious, but he didn't kidnap Justin nor did he hold a gun to his head.  No one was visibly hurt by his actions- just mentally.  I feel sorry for Justin.  He did nothing wrong and is the victim of this invisible crime.  When people read about a robbery or shooting, there is actual tangible evidence.  This is a crime of the mind, much harder for people to wrap their heads around."  Michael clicked off the tv and walked to the sink to gather his toothbrush and toothpaste.  He placed some toothpaste on his brush and put the toothbrush on the sink.  "We don't have a crystal ball and we could speculate for hours what the court will decide tomorrow or we could enjoy this tiny respite from the drama. I vote for the respite."  He picked up his toothbrush and begun brushing his teeth. 

Peter came up from behind, wrapping his arms around Michael's waist and squeezing gently.  He let his hands slide down until they reached his pants and then started unbuttoning and unzipping them.

Michael quickly finished brushing his teeth and turned around.  "I like the way you think."  He kissed his partner and slapped him on the butt.  "I'll turn down the bed while you finish up in here." He pointed to the bed and then to the sink. 

Peter smiled and watched his partner walk toward the bed in the room.  He quickly finished in the bathroom and joined Michael for an evening respite from  all the angst.

 

Justin and Brian finished the last 10 minutes of the movie.  "What did you think? Was it as good as the original?  I mean Spider Man has been made 3 times in the last 20 years," Justin asked Brian as he turned off the tv.

"I'm kind of biased to Toby McGuire."

Justin hit his arm playfully.  "And here I thought you were biased to me."

"I am."  Brian lunged for Justin on the couch and began tickling him.  Justin squirmed from the assault as he laughed.  He reached for Justin's shirt, pulling it quickly over his head.  He lunged for Justin's nipple, attacking it with gusto.  Justin leaned back on the couch and let Brian feast. 

"Mmm.  I guess you are biased toward me." He stroked Brian's head in appreciation.

They stripped off their clothes and made love on the couch.  As their bodies cooled and returned to normal temperature, they reached for their clothing and got dressed.

"Thanks," Justin said as he zipped his pants.

"You make it sound like this was a chore.  You don't need to thank me for something I enjoy." Brian buttoned his jeans and pulled Justin toward him, resting his back between his legs. 

"For the distraction.  Watching the movie..."

"Did it help?"

"A little, but I appreciate the thought." Justin leaned back into Brian and raised his face toward his partner, hoping for a kiss.

Brian did not disappoint.  He kissed him gently on the lips.

"You okay?" Brian asked, knowing the answer to the question was no, but feeling that he had to ask anyway.

"I am actually.  It should be over tomorrow.  We've been in limbo the last few weeks.  I haven't been able to paint and just spend my days finding stuff to do. Thanks for having  me come to Kinnetik to consult on the latest Eyeconic account.  It brings back fond memories."

"I needed your input. There was something wrong and I couldn't figure out what it was," Brian said as he smiled, glad Justin was facing away from him.  He did appreciate the help from Justin and he knew what the problem was with the ad, but having Justin in the office solved many problems, including how to keep his partner busy for a few days.

"Are we going to the court house?  I don't think I could stand waiting to hear the outcome.  I want to be there."

"If you want to go, we'll go.  Are you sure?  I mean it will mean seeing the stalker again."  Brian caressed Justin's arms as he spoke.  The feather light touches soothing as they were loving.

"He can't hurt me in court.  I think I need to hear with my own ears what transpires.  I'll feel more comfortable."

"Okay.  We'll go."

"Do you need to call Cynthia or Ted?  Tell them you won't be in," Justin asked, worried as usual that Brian was neglecting his company for him.

"No.  I told them a few days ago I wouldn't be available."

Justin smiled and turned around and kissed Brian solidly on the mouth.  This time he moved to his knees and wrapped his arms around Brian's neck.  "You so lovveeee me."

"I do indeed."  Brian said and kissed Justin back.  "Let's move this to the bedroom. The couch may be comfortable, but I prefer a nice big bed for you to show your appreciation."

Justin and Brian retired to the bedroom for the night.

 

Court room

The judge called John's lawyer Alan to the bench.

"How does your client plead, counselor?"

"He pleads guilty.  Let the court record show that my client has voluntarily entered into counseling to address his behavior.  We ask the court's leniency in this case.  It is a first offense and my client understands the significance of his actions.  He has agreed to have no further contact with the victim."

The judge picked up the papers on his desk, perusing them as he read the charges and the history in the case.  Nodding his head, he put down the papers.

"Does the defendant understand that if the court hears of any changes in his behavior, he will be brought back to these chambers for further legal action?"

"Yes your honor, he does.  He has promised to have no contact with the victim in the future."

"The defendant is fined $500.00 and the restraining order remains in effect indefinitely.  Case dismissed."  The judge pounded his gavel on the desk.

Justin looked at Brian.  "That's it.  $500 fine and a promise to not bother me again?"

"Yep. You okay with that?"

Justin thought for a few moments and nodded.  "He scared me and he scared you but thankfully he didn't really hurt anyone.  He's in treatment.  That's got to count for something."

Brian nodded but his face held a grimace.

"Brian, it's not like Hobbes.  I don't have permanent brain damage from the incident.  They guy has mental issues.  He's sick.  Those therapist friends of his promised he would get treatment and that is what is happening.  Let's go home."

Brian placed his hand on Justin's lower back, guiding him out of the court house.  On the way out, they passed Peter and Michael.  Brian and Justin both nodded their head in acknowledgement of the two men.

"He won't bother you again," Peter said.  "We'll watch him."

Neither Justin nor Brian said a word.  They walked to their car and drove back to the Suites.

 

TBC

 

 

Chapter End Notes:

Comments always welcome