- Text Size +

Friday Pittsburgh

~ John's POV ~

During lunch he had listened carefully to Justin and his friend Daphne's conversation.  The waitress had conveniently placed him near their table and there were so many patrons in the restaurant, neither of them paid him any attention.  They mentioned several times the name of the man who was with Justin, Brian Kinney. 

He didn't think there were too many Brian Kinney's in the area and did a little research on the Internet on him back at his hotel.  Much to his dismay, he found that Brian was none other than the owner of Kinnetik, a premier boutique advertising agency in Pittsburgh.  He had heard about Brian Kinney and Kinnetik, he hadn't even thought to connect Justin to him.  As a graphic designer, he'd seen a few campaigns that Kinnetik had created; he'd even thought about applying for work there if he ever lost his job in New York.  While living in Pittsburgh was not ideal, the chance to work in an agency like Kinnetik would be fantastic.  He would miss New York, but moving to Pittsburgh to be closer to Justin would make sense.  After all, a long distance relationship is difficult to sustain.

Deciding that it wouldn't hurt to see if they were hiring, he found Kinnetik's web site and clicked on the Career tab.  The information stated that they were always looking for talent and anyone was welcome to send a short resume and a link to their online portfolio.  As an artist, John always kept his portfolio up to date and quickly applied for any future openings.  Satisfied that this was a logical step in his reunion with Justin, he went to bed.

Saturday was his last day in Pittsburgh.  As much as he hated to do so, he decided he should do a little sightseeing in case his colleagues and Peter asked him about his trip.  He'd told his boss he had some family business to attend to but he told Peter he had a business trip to Pittsburgh.  Peter didn't question the last minute trip as this frequently happened in his job.  He just urged John to do a little site-seeing and enjoy himself.  As Peter was John's best friend, he wanted him to think he had done just as Peter had suggested. 

He dutifully took his camera and took a tour of the city hitting all the key sites.  He took a ride on the incline and then spent a few hours at the <i> Andy Warhol</i> museum.  He walked around downtown and looked at the buildings and spent the remainder of the afternoon at the Strip district.  Since it was his last night in Pittsburgh, he decided to go to a bar and enjoy the thumpa thumpa of the music and maybe pick up a trick.

He showered and dressed carefully in a tight fitting pair of jeans and a low V-cut deep blue shirt.  Checking out his attire in the mirror, he felt good and was glad that he hit the gym at least four times every week, but usually five. He was still hot and often turned heads in New York.  He knew he could pick up anyone he wanted.  He grabbed his phone, wallet and key card, walked to the curb and grabbed a cab to Liberty Avenue. 

He felt like he stepped into Soho West except a little quieter.  While the streets were cordoned off, the traffic was lighter here and for the first time on his trip, he felt at home.  Couples walked the street holding hands and showing PDA's without hesitation.  There were the requisite trannies and Drag Queens and a few outright solicitations, but for the most part, it was like a giant block party with people spilling out from multiple bars along the street.  He tried Meathook first but didn't like the leather scene too much so he only stayed for a drink.  After leaving and walking away down the street, he sat down at an outdoor table since it was unseasonably warm for November. 

He noticed a street light across from a busy club and watched as couples met there and went on for their evening.  It appeared to have a strange magnetism.  A guy would stop at the street light, lean against it and search the streets, but within moments another man would come by, smile and the two people would go off in a new direction.  He watched this play out several times and wondered about the street lamp. 

The streets were filled with couples everywhere and he allowed his mind to drift picturing him and Justin walking along these same streets holding hands and greeting their friends in the neighborhood.  The blare of music from a club down the street caught his ear and saw that many of the men were headed in that direction.  Motioning for his check, he paid for his drink and followed the other men as they walked toward Babylon.  He almost felt like the club was the Pied Piper, the men appeared mesmerized by the music and the familiar thumpa thumpa, as if the music drew them to the door.  There was a long line in front of the club, but the bouncers moved it quickly and he was soon inside. 

Ordering a drink, he turned toward the dance floor and watched the Go-Go dancers as they gyrated to the music and the patrons stuffed dollar bills in their almost non-existent jock straps. He looked at the men, they ranged from young fit men who danced with their shirts off and their muscles rippling to older men who still appeared fit but chose to keep more to the imagination.  He was young and fit and could easily pull off the shirtless look, but decided he enjoyed watching and maybe would take off his shirt if he went to the back room, thus providing a show for one rather than a show for all.

He thought about Justin and his dancing.  He didn't think he would like Justin dancing, showing other men his beautiful body.  <i> That Brian Kinney is not really right for Justin.  He must not care much for him if he allowed him to dance; all those men, touching him and soliciting him.  Justin made the right decision to stop dancing, but I don't understand why he is with Brian.  I remember Justin and his friend Daphne talking about an accident and his memory.  He must not remember us. I'm so glad I found him so that I can help him recover his true memory.</i> 

He was drinking his beer and a young man came up to him, offering to dance.  He looked at the young man, dressed a little too nelly for his taste in tangerine pants and a cut off top, but he had a great body and accepted.  The man was a unique dancer and often danced with his hand in the air as he twirled, but John didn't care.  He allowed himself to forget about Justin and his quest to reunite with his true love and immersed himself in the evening's entertainment.  After several dances and a few beers, John extended an invitation to the man to the back room.  Never one to say no to a trick, Emmett readily agreed and followed John back to the curtained and dark area.

John kissed Emmett for a bit and then unzipped the offending tangerine pants, sticking his hands down the front.  Finding Emmett's hard cock there, he stroked it until he felt the familiar wetness on his fingers.  He pulled down the pants till they dropped to the ground and found the lube in his own pocket.  He turned Emmett around, prepared him swiftly, put on a condom, and then plunged into the Nelly bottom.   

"Oh yeah, right there," Emmett said enthusiastically.  Emmett pushed back on John's cock driving it further into the tight channel.

John pushed into Emmett and grabbed Emmett's cock, stroking it in time with the thrusting of his hips.

Both men were lost in the moment rushing to the finish of a race as old as time.  The only question was who would get to the finish line first or would they arrive at the same moment.  John sped up as he heard Emmett's short breathy moans and soon he felt the spasming channel around his cock and Emmett's pulsing cock in his hand.  He shot his load into the condom and pulled out soon after catching his breath. 

"Lordy, that was... wow..."  Emmett said as he pulled up his pants and tucked himself back in.  "Anytime you want a repeat, you just let me know, sugar."  He smiled his toothy grin at John and hoped he made a good impression as he hadn't had a good bang like that it a while.  "What's your name?  I don't think I caught it."

"John.  John Scott."

"John Scott, I'm Emmett Honeycutt.  May I buy you a drink?" He held out his hand to shake John's.  "You from around here?"

"Thanks for the offer, but I have to get going.  I'm actually from New York but hope to be back in the area soon." Emmett nodded at John's information. 

"Well.  Sorry to hear that you're leaving, but if you're in town again, look me up.  I'm here most nights.  Most people know me so if you just ask, they can point you my way."  Emmett felt in his pocket for his phone, hoping to exchange numbers but when he fished it out, John was gone.

Emmett shrugged and made his way out of the back room and went searching for his friends.  He couldn't wait to share with them his latest adventure. 

John took a cab back to his hotel and went to his room.  Taking out the pictures of Justin he smiled and calm came over his body.  Tonight was fun, but he belonged with Justin.  They were meant to be together and soon they would be.  He'd set the wheels in motion by his actions this week.  He was hoping that he'd be given an opportunity to work for Kinnetik and to convince Kinney that he was wrong for Justin.  If that didn't work, he had other ideas of how to get to Justin and help him remember their partnership.  It was only a matter of time until they were together.  He showered, packed his clothes and then went to sleep, dreaming of Justin Taylor by his side.

In the morning he checked out and drove back to New York. He returned the rental car and took a cab back home, he was anxious to see all the pictures he'd taken while in Pittsburgh, thrilled that he had taken so many of Justin. He uploaded all of them to his computer. He stared at the home Justin lived in and again his mind wandered to a fantasy world where he shared said home with him.  His phone rang about 9:00 p.m. 

"Hello," John said as he looked at the caller I.D. 

"How was your trip?" Peter asked.

"Good.  I went on the incline and to the Andy Warhol Museum.  He was such a talented artist."

"Glad you had a good time.  Let's get together for drinks tomorrow.  I missed you."

"Sure.  I'm sure I'll be busy at work, got to catch the boss up on the trip, but I should be able to meet around 8:00." The words came so easily to John, not even stumbling over the lies and deception he'd told people about the trip.

"Sounds good.  See you then," Peter said.

Peter put down his phone and walked into the bedroom where his partner of almost six years was reading the paper.  Sitting on the bed, he leaned in and gave him a kiss.

"What is that for?"

"Can't I just kiss you?"

 "Of course, but I know that look. What's up?"

"There's something going on with John.  I got a call from his sister, Kelly, the other day.  She was trying to reach him to tell him about the surprise party for his dad in a few weeks.  When she couldn't reach him, she tried his work."  Peter twisted his hands like Lady Macbeth and then picked at the sheet, trying to pick off invisible lint.  "Kelly went to school with his boss and they're good friends.  I think they even dated in college."  Peter grabbed for a glass of water that Michael had on the nightstand and took a drink to wet his parched mouth.  "Darren told her he took off because he had family business to take care of.  Kelly thanked him and called me.  She told me there is nothing going on with anyone in the family and she was concerned."  He absently brought his hands to his face and rubbed his forehead and then pushed back on his face as his hands framed it.   "He told me he was out of town for work and even now told me he had to catch Darren up on the trip.  Why would he lie?"

"Maybe he had a job interview.  He wouldn't want to tell his boss he was interviewing and he wouldn't want to tell Kelly until he had a firm offer."

Peter smiled widely at Michael and took a huge deep breath as he let out the tension in his body, but then quickly frowned.

"That would make sense if he told Darren that he had family business to take care of but it wouldn't explain why he told me he was going out of town for work.  Why wouldn't he tell me he was going for an interview?"

Michael put down the paper and looked at his partner.  "Doesn't sound right to me either.  Has John been acting strange?"

"No.  I talk to him almost every day.  He said he was going to Pittsburgh for work.  I didn't think anything of it until Kelly called me.  I'll talk to him tomorrow.  I'm sure there is a logical explanation."

"I'm sure there is, but if his explanation doesn't make sense, you could always invite him over and I'll talk to him for you.  After all, I'm a trained counselor.  I can see things that others don't."

"Thanks.  I love you."  Peter leaned over and kissed Michael again.

He kissed him back and then broke the kiss for a moment.  "Maybe I should offer my services more often if this is the payment I get."

Peter laughed and play hit his arm.  "You get this kind of treatment without your services, but I'm more than willing to pay for them.  Come here and I'll give you payment in full."

Michael pushed the paper to the floor and proceeded to take off his shirt.  As promised Peter delivered payment in full for the next hour.

 

TBC