- Text Size +

Strangers in the Night


Chapter 5

the conclusion


Justin arrived at Lex's suite a little earlier than the agreed upon time. He was greeted at the door by a damp Lex draped only in a towel.


"Good morning, Justin."


"Uh, good morning. I'm too early aren't I?"


"Just a little but no sweat. Give me five minutes to run a comb through my hair and put on some clothes. Breakfast is here. Help yourself to anything on the cart. I wasn't sure what you'd like so I ordered a little of everything. There's coffee, tea and a variety of juices."


"Okay, thank you."


Justin tried to hide his embarrassment while sneaking a glimpse of Lex's long muscular legs. He could only imagine what lay under the towel. When Lex finally came out of the bedroom, Justin dropped his toast. Lex was dressed in well worn black leather pants that hugged him like a second skin. He was obviously not wearing any underwear and his feet were bare. The shirt Lex was wearing reminded Justin of a pirate, a white linen pullover, barely laced up in the front so that Justin could see the well developed pecs underneath. The cuffs were tight and the hem tucked in just enough into the waistband. All Lex needed was a saber in his hand and a parrot on his shoulder. The look would have been ridiculous on any other man but on Lex it was heart pumping gorgeous. Justin couldn't help but stare and thank whatever gods that had prompted him to wear his loosest pair of painters overalls.


"Do I look alright?"


"Wow. I mean, yeah! You look so good."


Lex laughed and thought to himself, ‘gotcha.' He sauntered across the room to the food cart, deliberately passing close to Justin. Lex heard Justin take a sharp inhale of his cologne. Lex hoped it would turn on the boy without sending him into a sneezing fit or worse a full blown asthma attack. Lex bent slightly at the waist to accentuate his full round ass as he reached for a strawberry; he heard the small moan that escaped Justin's throat. Lex decided to go in for the kill. He turned, took a small bite out of the strawberry and slowly chewed allowing a little juice to stain his lips. He tilted his head downward so that he could look up through his long dark lashes and then licked his lips.


"Where would you like me?"


"What?"


"The pose, where would you like me?"


"Oh, the pose." Justin recovered enough to gesture towards the fireplace. "Why don't you stand near the hearth."


"Too bad it's too warm for a fire. I think I would've liked the fire glowing behind me."


"I can paint a fire if you want, no extra charge."


"Hmm, Justin you can have anything that I have to give."


Shaking his head to clear it, Justin mumbled to himself something about an ass and went to adjust the canvas on the easel.


Several hours later Justin had the preliminary sketch on the canvas. Dropping the pencil into the tray on the easel, he massaged his cramping hand and wished Brian was there to do it for him.


"Are you alright?"


"Yeah. Just a cramp, it'll go away." ‘Soon, I hope,' thought Justin. This first session went very well; with any luck, he could have the portrait done by the end of the week.


"May I see it?"


"There's not that much to see but sure, it is yours." Lex went to stand behind Justin to gaze at the sketch. Unconsciously, Lex encircled Justin into his strong arms and whispered "mine." When Lex felt Justin stiffen, Lex released his embrace and got out of the blond's personal space.


"It's very good Justin. Even at this stage, I can see that the portrait will be exactly what I want. Will you be back tomorrow? I know you are a busy young man, I can work around your schedule."


"Tomorrow morning will be fine. If I'm lucky the painting will be done in a few days."


"Would you like me to have lunch sent up? Or we could go down to the restaurant, they have an excellent menu."


"I'm not really dressed for a restaurant and I have the lunch shift at the diner."


"Would you allow me to make a small down payment on your fee and join me for dinner. I hear there's a very good Italian restaurant nearby. What time to you get off?"


"About seven but I'd need to go home first to shower and change."


"I could come and pick you up."


"No, I know the restaurant you're talking about. How about I meet you there at eight, if that's not too late."


"Not late at all. We'll miss the dinner crowd. We can have a nice quiet dinner and conversation."


"That sounds like fun."


"I take it you don't get that very often."


"Not very often."


"I could change all that." Lex regretted saying those words a soon as they tripped off his tongue. "But I'm sure a good looking young man such as yourself has a boyfriend." Lex hoped he recovered in time.


"I have a partner."


"Why don't you bring him tonight."


"He's away on business but I'll introduce you when he returns. Brian likes to see my paintings; I'd like to show him your portrait if that's okay."


"I'd loved for the three of us to get together. He must be a fascinating man to have won your heart."


"I don't know if he'd agree with you, about the winning part. I gave him little choice."


"Sounds like there's an interesting story in that statement."


"Let's just say I've been known by the nickname ‘tenacious twat.'"


"You must elaborate at dinner. You've done beautiful work here today. I can't wait to see the finished product."


"It's easy when I have an attractive model. It's getting late. I have to go. See you at eight." With that, Justin bolted out of the door.


‘So Brian's out of town. Lucky for me. I can take my time getting Justin in my bed. Now what shall I wear tonight?' Lex spent the rest of the afternoon mulling over his wardrobe.


The next few days were repeats of the first. Justin would arrive at about nine in the morning and work until he had to leave for the diner. He and Lex would have a late supper afterwards. Brian, as it turned out, was still away. Liberty Air was reluctant to let him leave until everything was signed, sealed and delivered. Lex took full advantage of Brian's absence, tonight would be the coup de grace. The portrait, now complete, stood on it's easel. Justin painted the fireplace in full blaze creating a warm glow that seemed to envelope Lex. Lex stood in awe admiring the work.


Tonight Lex intended to create a glow all over Justin's body. As he prepared for the scene, Lex inspected his ‘toys' for the night. An authentic BDSM scene took planning and Lex was an expert on planning. Everything had to be perfect, including the meal. Lex listened to Justin as he babbled away revealing his favorite foods, favorite music and favorite desserts. Lex had a small stash of his own favorite recreational drugs just in case the champagne didn't do the job. Now all he needed to complete his picture was one very beautiful blond.


Justin arrived at Lex's suite at eight dressed in a pair of casual slacks and a soft blue sweater that set off his eyes. Lex opened the door wearing the same leather pants that he used for the portrait and an emerald green shirt that he knew would set off his eyes. The room was aglow with candle light and there was soft jazz playing in the background. The table was set for two and a bottle of Dom was chilling in ice in a silver bucket.


"Dinner will be served soon, would you care for a glass of champagne?"


"Yes, please. I can't believe you did this all for me."


"Why not? I enjoy your company and the portrait turned out even better than I anticipated. Why wouldn't I show my appreciation in some small way."


"Mr. Spender, you're paying me a more than a fair commission for the portrait."


"My name is Lex and the painting is worth every penny." An awkward pause hung in the air as Lex opened the bottle of Dom and the knock on the door announced their dinner. The waiter brought in their dinner as Lex poured the bubbling wine. When the dinner was served Lex handed Justin his glass.


"To a fine artist, I expect this painting to triple in value in a few years."


"To a very cooperative and handsome model, you made it easy for me to paint."


As they enjoyed a leisurely dinner, Justin didn't notice that his glass never ran dry. He became intoxicated on the bubbles, the rich dinner, the exquisite vanilla ice cream dessert, and the sexy man seated across from him. Justin felt as if he was floating on clouds as Lex drew him from his chair and began to dance him around the room. In between songs, Lex held Justin tighter in his arms and began to plunder Justin's mouth with his tongue, leaving none of the recesses of Justin's mouth unexplored. Justin's head began to swim.


Brian threw back the loft door and shouted to no one, "Lucy, I'm home! Justin? Fuck, where is that kid?" Seeing a note taped to his computer screen, Brian hastily read it and ran back out to the street, hoping and praying that Justin did not take the Corvette to Lex's hotel. Brian had a bad feeling. Something kept nagging at him during their nightly phone calls as Justin described the painting he was doing and it's incredible model. Something, but Brian couldn't put his finger on it. He just knew that it wasn't good. Seeing his car in its usual spot, Brian jumped in and sped toward the hotel.


"Mr. Spender, I feel dizzy, I don't think I can do this."


"Relax Justin and call me Lex, just lay back and let Lexi take care of you." Lex snapped the heavy handcuffs onto Justin's fragile wrist and the other end to a bed post. Justin, too drunk to realize what was happening let alone fight back became a compliant doll. In Justin's mind Lex's green eyes became the safe, familiar and comforting hazel ones that he knew would never hurt him.


Brian approached the door to Lex's room and was surprised to find it unlocked. Cautiously opening the door, he was greeting by a shirtless Lex, a glass of champaign thrusted into his hand and a naked Justin handcuffed to the bed.


"Come in Brian and join us."


Trying to keep his cool and not show his panic for Justin's well-being, Brian answered coldly, "Don't mind if I do. You have me at a slight disadvantage. You know my name but we haven't been formally introduced."


"You're right Brian, how rude of me. I'm Lex Spender. Justin honored me by doing my portrait. Aside from his fee, I wanted to express my personal satisfaction with his artistry with a little of my own. Being a worldly man I'm sure you're familiar with certain scenes. You would make an exciting addition to it."


Brian indeed had a very keen grasp on exactly what Lex had in mind and while he knew he wouldn't like it he would survive it better than Justin.


"Do you mind if I looked over your toys?"


"Not at all. You will find them the highest quality, I'm quite fond of the crop. The leather is the finest available, I keep it well oiled and supple."


"I can see that. May I examine Justin?"


Pleased that Brian was accepting a subservient role, Lex nodded his permission. Brian was at Justin's side in a second noting that he appeared drunk or drugged but it was the cuff to Justin's wrist that concerned him. After several days of working on the portrait, Brian knew that Justin's hand would easily cramp and at worse sustain nerve damage. He had to get Justin out of there. Justin, coming down off his drunk was beginning to understand what was happening. At this moment all he could do was watch Brian try to negotiate their asses out of there.


"Mr. Spender, Lex, if I may. Justin is little more than a boy. He doesn't know about these things. You're absolutely right about me, I know what to expect and what my role will be. I give myself freely if you'll let Justin go. He had an accident a few years ago, he wont be able to participate and come out of it without permanent damage."


"Very gallant of you. You do realize that I will have you. You're not used to being a bottom, it's you who may come out of this with permanent damage, as you say."


"I understand that and will live with the consequences. Just let the boy go." At this point Justin fully regained his senses.


"No, Brian! You can't do this. He's right, you don't bottom, you'll get hurt. Please Lex, I'll stay. Let Brian go."


"Shut up Justin, you've never done this."


"Brian, we've played games before."


"Justin this isn't the same. They were just games. He's serious. Look at the cuffs, they're real, no velcro. Look at the stuff on the bed. This is hardcore. If he doesn't know what he's doing this kind of scene could kill you. No, Justin you have to leave."


"Please, Brian. I bottom for you every night, you haven't in months. I can't let you get hurt."


Lex's head began to throb and his dick was as soft as taffy left out in the sun. The pleas between the lovers were coming so fast that they were finishing each others sentences. It looked like a tennis match. He had enough.


"Oh for fuck's sake, will you two shut the fuck up! I can't stand this anymore. Here, take the key, get your boyfriend out of the cuffs."


Brian took the key and quickly extricated Justin from the hand cuffs before Lex had a change of heart. Lex took a seat at the table and took a swig out of the bottle. "Jesus H. Christ! Are you two always this sickeningly protective of each other?"


Brian handed Justin his clothes and the two shared an amused look. "Yes!" The lovers answered the question in unison. "Fuck! Look, all I wanted was some hot sex and a little fun. Justin, here, $5000.00, the agreed upon fee and an extra thousand for the company. I wasn't lying about your work or the purpose for the portrait. When it's dry I will be sending it to my friend. Brian, I really do know what I'm doing. I wouldn't of hurt you, much."


"I'm beginning to realize that. You are a very attractive man, Lex. A year or so ago I wouldn't have hesitated jumping in your bed, I might have been persuaded to bottom for you. But now, my life begins and ends with blue eyes. As pretty as yours are, they just don't do it for me anymore."


"Mr. Spender, I'm sorry."


"What do you have to be sorry about?"


"I can see that the portrait means a lot to you, that your friend means a lot to you. Can't you go home to him?"


"I don't know Justin. I did some unspeakable things. I'm not sure that I'd ever be forgiven."


"A couple of years ago I did something unspeakable and Brian forgave me. Maybe your friend will forgive you too."


Justin and Brian exchanged a look then took each other hand and walked together to where Lex was sitting. Still holding hands, Justin bent down and gave Lex a kiss. The astonished Lex barely opened his eyes when Brian leaned down and also gave Lex a kiss. "We could've had one hell of time." Lex gave the lovers an evil smile, baring his teeth like a wolf and flashing his cat green eyes. Together, the lovers replied, "We know." Brian and Justin strolled out of the suite with their hands laced together.


Lex remained seated at the table and took another swig of the warm champagne. "Aw, hell nothing worse than a soft dick and warm Dom."


"Talking to yourself, not a good sign."


"What the fuck are you doing here?" Lex looked up to see a pair of hazel eyes smiling down on him, the thick brunet hair with just a touch of grey at the temple and the same lanky runners body he fell in love with years ago all intact. Walking through the door, growling out his name was a huge bear of man, with warm chocolate brown eyes, thick muscles and tight firm ass.


"We came as soon as we knew you were back in the states. Can't let our favorite sewer rat roam the fair streets of Pittsburgh frightening the populace."


"Look I haven't done anything illegal. I was about to leave. There's no one left to fuck."


"What about the two who high-tailed it out of here? They looked like they could handle you."


"Yeah, well they were too much in love with each other. I can't handle all that sappy sentimentalism. Way too lovey dovey for my taste."


"Poor...ah, what name are you going by these days?"


"Lex."


"That's original."


"Well, it's still better than Fo..."


"Don't call me that!"


"It's good to know that some things never change."


The big man, who kept silent up until now, was inspecting Lex's portrait. "This is good, Lexi." "Yeah, I know. The little blond did it. I was going to send it to you guys. Kind of an I'm sorry gift. The kid is going to be famous. That painting will be worth something one day."


"Lexi, we'd be happy to have your portrait hanging in our home. But do you want to know what would make us really happy?"


"What, Sergi."


"You, coming home. It's time to stop wandering. It's time for you to come home. We both want you there."


"You're joking, right. What are you going to do with a tired old rat? And by the way, you are still one foxy dude."


"Love you to death, you idiot. And don't all me that."


"Lexi, stop goading him."


"He started it."


"Did not."


"Yes, you did."


The big bear growled loudly which made the fox and the rat immediately shut up. "Thank god I still command some respect. Now, Lexi, start packing. You, help him while I go to the front desk and see if I can arrange for a crate for the painting. And please behave yourselves."

 

‘Behave yourselves.' Bear-speak for I love you both and let's hurry up and go home.

The End.
Sabina is the author of 50 other stories.