- Text Size +
Author's Chapter Notes:

 

Dreams, under the stars.




DEDICATED TO THE ONE I LOVE


(Pauling-Bass)


While I'm far away from you my baby


I know it's hard for you my baby


Because it's hard for me my baby


And the darkest hour is just before dawn


Each night before you go to bed my baby


Whisper a little prayer for me my baby


And tell all the stars above


This is dedicated to the one I love


(love can never be exactly like we want it to be)


I could be satisfied knowing you love me


(and there's one thing I want you to do especially for me)


And it's something that everybody needs


While I'm far away from you my baby


Whisper a little prayer for me my baby


Because it's hard for me my baby


And the darkest hour is just before dawn


If there's one thing I want you to do especially for me


Then it's something that everybody needs


Each night before you go to bed my baby


Whisper a little prayer for me my baby


And tell all the stars above


This is dedicated to the one I love


*********************************************


Justin's POV:


It's beautiful here. Walking on the beach, the quiet, the smell of the ocean, the waves gently crashing on the shore. Almost perfect, just one thing would make it all perfect. Brian. I wish he could've come with me. Wish we could be walking on this beach together. I've been gone less than a week and I miss him, miss home so much.


I'm settled into the beach condo that Brett arranged for me. I could almost think of myself as a very important person but I know that it's not really true. I'm an employee like everyone else on the set. Well, maybe just a little more important than some. I have to keep them on track. Keep them true to Rage. To the spirit of the Gay Crusader, to Rage, to Brian. Besides, Michael would have a fit if they screwed with Rage.


I thought there'd be more stars in the sky but the beach isn't immune to the smog. Neither am I. Thank God I took all my allergies medication with me. Or rather Brian packed every allergy pill and inhaler he could get his hands on. And then there's that allergy list he snuck into my wallet and the copy in my messenger bag and in my suitcase. Bet he's even contacted the medical office at the studio. My mother hen; yeah, he sooo loves me.


It's warm, too warm sometimes and sometimes not warm enough. It's not warm in my bed, without him, my own personal furnace. I wonder what that furnace is doing now. Hope he's not keeping someone else warm. Don't go there Taylor. Don't even think about that. Out of sight, out of mind. God, I hope not.


Almost time for me to call him. I hate waking him up...not. Yeah, he bitches, moans and groans about the time I call but I think he keeps the phone next to him, on my pillow. He does answer pretty quick. I should go back to the condo. It's almost time.


Maybe he can fly out here for a visit. If he's not too busy. He loves his agency. He loves the work. The wheeling and dealing. Bitching and growling out orders. Big drama queen. The Rage of advertising. Well, he's good at it. More than good. The best ad man in Pittsburgh. He deserves all the success; works too damn hard for it, though. I hope he takes a break every once in a while. I'm not there to make sure he eats or doesn't work all night on his computer. I hope he finds a little time to hang out with the guys. He needs to take care of himself and the stubborn bastard never asks for help. Asshole. Work himself to death if someone isn't there to stop him, make him take a break. Maybe I'll call Cynthia. At least she'll keep an eye on him at the agency. Debbie will make sure he eats and the guys will get him out. He'll be okay. I wonder if he thinks about me.


Yes! It's time.


"Hello?"


"Hey, Bri."

 

"Do you have any idea what the fuck the time is!?!..."