- Text Size +
Author's Chapter Notes:

 

Life lessons can be learned in the darnedest places.


Go Where You Want to Go


(Phillips)


You gotta go where you wanna go


Do what you wanna do


With whoever you wanna do it with


You gotta go where you wanna go


Do what you wanna do


With whoever you wanna do it with


You don't understand


That a guy like me can love just one man


Three thousand miles, that's how far you'll go


And you said to me "Please don't follow"


'cause you gotta go where you wanna go


Do what you wanna do


With whoever you wanna do it with



You gotta go where you wanna go


Do what you wanna do


With whoever you wanna do it with


You don't understand


That a guy like me can love just one man


You've been gone a week, and I tried so hard


Not to be the cryin' kind


Not to be the man you left behind


You gotta go where you wanna go


Do what you wanna do


With whoever you wanna do it with


**********************************


"So, where's the big guy?"


"In the alley, getting his dick sucked, the asshole."


"You know what they say..."


"When the partner's away..."


"The asshole will play. His partner hasn't been away that long."


"Well, he's a man with needs."


"You mean, a man who can't keep his dick in his pants. Where's his sense of loyalty?"


"A man like that has no loyalty."


"That's a shame, his partner is a good man, off doing something note worthy. The asshole should have more pride, in his partner and in himself. When my partner was away I didn't jump into the first twink that glanced my way."


"You're different, you have principles."


"I'm not that different. I'm not saying I was a saint but come on; he's been away only a week. He could show some self control."


"Maybe their relationship isn't as strong as yours."


"Maybe."


"They haven't been together for that long. You've been with your partner for what?"


"About ten years now. Since med school."


"They've only really been together for about a year."


"Still."


"I know, but the twink flashed his smile, batted his baby blues and off he went. So you really didn't cheat?"


"I had offers but it didn't seem right. My partner was away in Iraq, I couldn't do that to him. I prayed every day for his safe return. We were both lucky. He didn't get hurt and he came home mentally sound, unlike so many others. Even though he was working in a military hospital, he still had to carry a gun and know how to use a rifle. God, I was so scared for him."


"But he's home now."


"Yeah, thank god. I know some of my friends thought I was an idiot for not going out to relieve the tension, so to speak. But frankly the thought of waking up in a strange bed or kicking someone out of ours held no appeal for me."


"You're a better man than most of us."


"No, I'm not. I strayed a couple of times, let someone suck me off once or twice but I didn't want my dick up anyone's elses ass but my lover."


"I hear ya."


"It's getting late and I have an early shift tomorrow. I want to be home when Joey gets there. You gonna make sure the asshole gets home okay?"


"Yeah. See you at Babylon this weekend?"


"Wouldn't miss it. We'll both be there. Night."


"Night."


***************************


"Mr. Kinney? Been waiting long?"


"No."


"Thank you for meeting me here. Is this too unconventional for you? A business meeting in a gay bar."


"For me? Nah. Besides, you'd be surprised what you can learn by sitting alone in a bar. Now what can Kinnetic do for you Mr. Yates? I get the impression you weren't very satisfied with your last ad firm."


"No, I wasn't. Very poor follow up service. And when their lackluster ad didn't produce the promised response, I got the run around. So I never renewed the contract. Vangard, it seems, has no sense of loyalty to their clients."


"Well, Mr. Yates, if you decide on Kinnetic, we will show you loyalty. Everyone at my agency, right down to my accountant will be at your disposal. I've learned just how important loyalty can be. Let's find a quiet table where we can discuss your needs."


Chapter End Notes:

 

Author's note: Sorry John, for messin' with your lyrics.