- Text Size +
Author's Chapter Notes:

 

Justin tries to explain about Brian and realizes that action do speak louder than words.


Words of Love




(Phillips)


Words of love, so soft and tender


Won't win a boys heart anymore


If you love him then you must send him


Somewhere where he's never been before


Worn out phrases and longing gazes


Won't get you where you want to go, no!


Words of love, soft and tender


Won't win him


You oughta know by now


You oughta know, you oughta know by now


Words of love, soft and tender


Won't win him anymore


You oughta know by now


You oughta know, you oughta know by now


Words of love, soft and tender


Won't win a boys heart anymore


If you love him then you must send him


Somewhere where he's never been before


Worn out phrases and longing gazes


Won't get you where you want to go


Words of love, soft and tender


Won't win him anymore, anymore


******************************


"Come on, Justin. You've been cooped up in this office for months now. You've done your part, live a little. Come on out with us."


"It's okay, Brett. I'm really not in the partying mood."


"You have to eat, don't you? Look, every day since you got out here, you come to the studio bright and early and are one of the last ones to leave. Think I didn't notice? I know some of the crew has asked you out, for dinner I mean and you usually turn them down. It's a beautiful night. A few of us are getting together for dinner then we're going to the clubs. You can at least join us for dinner. If you're still not the partying mood, you can cab it back to the beach house. How's that sound?"


"Okay, you convinced me. Where should we meet up?"


*****************************


"Justin, my man, so glad you could make it! You know Connor, this is Sammy and his partner Jeff, and this is Greg. Guys, this is Justin Taylor, the artistic genius behind Rage. Have a seat, Justin."


"Hey, Justin."


"Hi, Connor."


"So, you created Rage?"


"Actually, Michael Novotny created Rage, I just draw him, Sammy."


"He's sooo hot. Is it true he's based on a real guy?"


"Yes he is, my partner, Brian."


"If he's half as hung as you drew him, I'd never get out of his bed, let alone come to the other side of the country."


"You've seen the comic?"


"Seen it? I have each issue! I love Rage. Zephyr's kinda cute too, and JT, he's a little hottie. He and Rage make one hell of a hot couple. The first issue was a little graphic though, that bashing stuff, made me do double takes every time I walked home late at night for months. But Rage saved the day."


"Yes he did."


"So Justin, what do you do, back home I mean."


"Well, Greg, I'm a student at PIFA and I wait tables at the Liberty diner. Sometimes I'll do mock up ads for Kinnetic, Brian's ad agency."


"Your joking, right? You're a great artist. Why the hell are you working at a diner? Brian a little stingy with the cash?"


"I like to pay my own way. And Brian is never stingy, he's the most generous person I've ever known."


"Sure he is, that's why you're waiting tables while he's wining and dining clients. Sounds real generous."


"He is. He paid my tuition when my father decided that his queer son's education wasn't worth it and got me a computer with the all the latest art graphic programs so I could..."


"Could what?"


"Draw again."


"I don't understand. What do you mean draw again?"


"After the bashing, I couldn't hold a pencil, let alone sketch. The program let me sketch while I got my dexterity back. I still get cramps if I draw or paint for a long time."


"After the bashing? Hold on, Justin Taylor, JT? You're JT?!"


"Yes."


"And the bashing was for real?"


"Yes. The night of my senior prom, Brian saved me."


"Wow."


"Yeah."


"And he lets you go out by yourself?"


"Brian doesn't "LET" me do anything. He supports my art and my decisions, even the stupid ones. And before you ask, I left Brian for a musician and he took me back when I realized what a big mistake I made. He also supported my political views even though it cost him everything, almost everything. A local election, you wouldn't be interested."


"Not interested? Don't play coy, tell us."


"The local police chief was running for mayor and the agency Brian and I worked for was handling the PR. When I found out what a homophobe Stockwell was, I created posters and put them up all over town. Brian was really pissed, that was before we found out that Stockwell squashed any investigations into gays being murdered and his former partner had killed a young hustler. Brian and I got some evidence against him but no one would listen. By that time Stockwell and Vance, the owner of the agency, found out about Brian's and my involvement in the posters. I was suspended from school and Brian got fired. But that didn't stop Brian. He sold everything he owned, created a public awareness ad and bought air time to the tune of $100,000.00. Stockwell lost and eventually got indited for conspiracy. Everything's okay now. Brian started his own agency and I got reinstated."


"You sound like you really admire him."


"Yes, I do. What's not to admire."


"And you love him."


"Yeah."


"He romantic?"


"Brian does not do romance, his actions speak louder than words."


"So you don't need the words?"

 

"No, not from Brian, I don't need the words anymore besides, he sooo loves me....ya know, I'm starving, let's order!"

Chapter End Notes:

Author's note: I apologize, John.