- Text Size +
Author's Chapter Notes:

The end of a dream.



My Boy


(Robinson-White)


I've got sunshine on a cloudy day


And when it's cold outside I've got the month of May


I guess you'll say


What can make me feel this way?


My boy, I'm talkin' 'bout my boy


I've got so much honey the bees envy me


I've got a sweeter song than the birds in the tree


I guess you'll say


What can make me feel this way?


My boy, I'm talkin' 'bout my boy


Hey, hey, hey


Hey, hey, hey


I don't need money, fortune or fame


I got all the riches, baby, that one man can claim


I guess you'll say


What can make me feel this way?


My boy, talkin' 'bout my boy


I've got so much honey the bees envy me


I got a sweeter song than the birds in the tree


Don't need no fortune, no money or fame


'cause when I got my boy, I got all the riches one man can claim


Talkin' 'bout my boy, yeah my boy


************************


Saturday afternoon at the Liberty Diner. Brian and the boys have squeezed themselves into a booth. Endless chatter, the usual Liberty lunch crowd and Debbie the reigning queen amongst waitresses shouting out her orders. Just another typical Saturday at the diner.


Brian felt distracted, 24 hours to go until Justin comes back. Twenty four hours before Brian would pick Justin up from the airport, bring him to the loft and fuck him into the mattress, the floor, the post in the living room, the sofa, the table, the etc. Brian's leg started to jiggle. A gentle pop to the side of his head brought Brian out of his Sunshine fog.


"Ow, what the fuck was that for, Deb?"


"You think I have all day to wait? Everyone's ordered."


"Deb, sweetie, don't be so hard on Brian. He's got his mind on more important things than food."


"Oh yeah? Like what?"


"You know Ma, Justin's coming back tomorrow. And he's bringing back a rough cut of the movie. I'm gonna watch it all afternoon."


"Oh Brian, honey, how could I forget. You'll need something more substantial than a dry turkey sandwich on whole wheat. Don't worry kiddo, I'll take care of your order. Be right back with your drinks."


"Debbie, don't...shit. If she comes back with hunk of that god awful meatloaf, I'm leaving."


"She means well."


"Ben, if you think so, you eat it."


"No thanks, I'll pass. What time does Justin's flight get in?"


"About one. Jennifer and I will get him."


"How sweet. You and the mother-in-law, picking up our little princess. I think I'm going to cry."


"Emmett, shed one tear on my shirt, you die."


"Spoilsport."


"Now I understand why Cynthia rearranged this weeks meetings. I guess we won’t be seeing much of you for the next few days."


"That's right, Theodore. And fuck up one meeting with a client, I will have your ass."


"Promise?" [A Kinney death glare.] "Okay, okay, I'm joking. We only have renewals on Monday and Tuesday and they're just a formality. There are a few new clients on Thursday. You have enough time to overdose on Sunshine by then. The meetings are all scheduled early. If you play your cards right, you could be back to the loft and back to bed by four."


"Good."


"Hey Brian, I could fill in for your boyfriend. You know, a practice run. Word has it you haven't gotten much lately."


"Cut it out, Hunter. This is Brian fuckin' Kinney. And he doesn't need your help or anyone elses, right Brian?"


"Yeah."


At that moment, Debbie brought lunch. A salad for Ben, burgers for Hunter and Michael, a tuna sandwich for Ted and the pink plate special for Emmett, which turned out to be the meatloaf. Brian was the last to be served. He closed his eyes expecting the worst. A hush descended on the table as Debbie served up a quartered roasted chicken, without skin, garnished with sprigs of Rosemary, baked potato, sauteed baby asparagus and a small salad with vinaigrette dressing on the side. Brian opened one eye then the other. The aroma was amazing and the sight, magnificent, even Ben was drooling. Brian gaped at his meal then stared up at Debbie in disbelief.


"Kiddo, with all the fucking and sucking that's gonna happen tomorrow, a turkey sandwich is not enough to keep your furnace stoked. We gotta keep your strength up, not to mention your dick. If I know you and my Sunshine, we won’t see you two for days."


Brian beamed with just a touch of blush to his tanned cheeks. Emmett, Ted and Ben giggled till they cried. Hunter looked crushed and Michael huffed into his burger. Another pop to Brian's head broke the spell. With a collective, "thank you, Debbie," the boys ate their respective meals.


*********************************


With full bellies, the gang leaned back into the booth to revel with satisfaction. Sipping their drinks, Ted and Emmett discussed the latest gossip of who was doing whom, Mikey rambled on about his daughter and Hunter continued to sulk about him NOT doing Brian. The munchers were mentioned in passing. Brian's leg began to jiggle, again. Twenty-two hours to go. Brian wanted to pace. He wanted to...


"Oh my god, Sunshine!"


Brian looked up and there, walking through the door was Justin. His hair longer and sun bleached. His skin slightly tanned, flushed from rushing into the diner. A hush descended upon the diner. Brian arose out of the booth to meet Justin in the middle of the diner. Brian gave Justin a look that said, ‘you're early.' Justin answered with a shrug of his shoulders that could only mean, ‘I couldn't wait.'


The lovers gazed at each, Justin's sunshine smile at full blaze, tears shining in his blue eyes. Brian glowed with happiness and pride. Tentative fingers reached out to caress each other's face, almost not believing they were standing a breath apart. Brian cupped Justin's face and placed a gentle kiss to his lips, not wanting to share his reunion with the rest of Liberty.


As in a dream, time felt like it stood still, the diner watched the king and consort reunite after months of separation. Then as if a switch was pulled, Justin leapt into Brian's arms, laughing with delight. Brian held on tight and swung Justin around the diner, laughing with Justin.


For Michael, Justin placed the Rage video on the table.


For Justin, Brian whispered into his ear, "my boy's home."


For the diner, Brian bellowed, "well boys, gotta go, something's come up!"

 

Awakened from their long dream, Brian and Justin raced for the loft!

Chapter End Notes:

Author's note: This is the last time I take liberties with someone's lyrics. Thank you to all who have given me feedback during my fluffy songfic phase. Much sweet fluffy love to my Tribe.


The End.
Sabina is the author of 50 other stories.
This story is a favorite of 1 members. Members who liked L.A. Dreams also liked 55 other stories.