- Text Size +

Chapter 15


The flight home was uneventful.  They all took turns holding Paul and at one point when he was fussy Brian was the only one who could get him to calm down.  He took him into the bedroom and laid down with him so he would sleep for a bit.


Molly sat next to Justin and took his hand.  “Too bad both his nephews are taken if they are anything like him.”


“John and Peter are both happily married.  Tony and John had their struggles early in their relationship but once they decided they were meant for each other, they never looked back.  Their son is actually Brinn’s half brother.”


“They hired the same surrogate you did?”


“Not exactly. I was with Brinn’s mom one night.  She was my assistant and one night she brought the wrong guy home.  He tried to rape her and I scared him off and well we ended up together that night.  She knew she wasn’t ready to raise a baby but wasn’t against carrying her for us. Brian was amazing about it all and we have Brinn because of it.  We wouldn’t have it any other way.”


“So then John hired her?”


Justin had to laugh.  “Like I said John and Tony had to work some things out at the beginning.  They both spent some time dating girls. Well, John and Tina ended up together for a while and after they broke up and Tony and John were back together…”


“She realized she was pregnant?”  But it was a happy mistake for them, too.  They were barely married when they became parents.  If they had decided they couldn’t deal with a baby, a new marriage, and a new business all at once, Brian and I would be raising him.”


“I have a feeling Brian is a handful but well worth the trouble.” Molly laughed a bit.


Justin put his arms around his sister.  “He is such a special man. He is brilliant, compassionate, loving man.  His family makes ours look perfect. He was mentally beatdown all the time and his drunken parents beat him at times.  He has had a lot to work through and has been there for me anytime I need him. Not that we haven’t gone through a lot but I can’t live without him anymore. He is my other half.  He owns my heart and I own his. I honestly don’t know if I could live without him.” Justin was silent for a minute as he thought about his husband who was right now loving his nephew so they could talk.  He knew that is why he went in there.


“I can’t wait for you to meet our kids and Shelby.  You have heard quite a bit about Brinn. Gus is such an amazing young man.  He is going to be an amazing architect even if he doesn’t realize it yet. He is building his first house right now for a school project.  He had help designing it from Shelby. I think you two will get along well. She just finished her master’s in education which is why we hired her to be Brinn’s tutor.  Now I love her almost as much as Gus does, just not in the same way.” He laughed. “She is about five years older than Gus, almost six but she knows he is special. You will be in love with him in no time. I’m sorry, I have been talking way too much. It is your turn next time. I am so glad you came home with us.”


“We will have lots of time to talk,” Molly said.  “I will have to get a crib for Paul in the next day or two.  I can make something work until then.”


“I actually asked our foreman if they still had a crib from their three kids so they should have it set up in our guest room with a new mattress for him.  If you decide you want your own space we will move you down to the cottage when you are ready.”


“You really do think of everything, don’t you?”


“Brian and I think well together.  We just started talking and everything fell into place.  Mol, I hate to ask but I don’t even remember what you went to college for.”


“Of course I went into Business to make Dad happy.” She leaned on Justin at the mention of their dad and he pulled her close. “I shouldn’t say it that way.  I enjoyed business classes but what I really hoped to do is start my own business. That was before I fell in love and got married.”


“What kind of business were you planning to open?”


They were interrupted by the pilot letting them know soon they would need to be in their seats with seatbelts.  Brian came out of the bedroom holding a cooing Paul. “We had a great conversation. How about you two?


Molly stood and kissed Brian, taking her son to place him in his safety seat.  “We had a wonderful conversation. Thank you for letting me have him for a while.”


“Anytime, honey. I may make you take him if he decides to get to big for his britches.”


“And I thought you liked it when I was big in my britches.”


“Oh, shut up, or I will embarrass you in front of your sister.” All of them were laughing as they were told to belt in for the landing.


Soon they were on the road in their vehicle which had been left at the airport for them. Both Brian and Justin could barely stand it as they pulled up to the house.  Justin started for the door and then turned to look at Molly. Molly waved him on. She knew how badly he wanted to see his girl.


Justin moved toward Brinn’s room with Brian close behind. Neither of them noticed Gus and Shelby who were very surprised to see them this early.  Justin tapped on Brinn’s bedroom door. “What do you want now, Gus? I told you I only wanted to talk to Daddy!”


Justin opened the door, “So you will talk to me?”


“Oh, Daddy!” Justin opened the door the rest of the way and Brinn flew into his arms. He picked her up and held her tight.  


After a couple moments Brian said, ”Do you have a hug for me, too?”


Justin handed Brinn to Brian and she wrapped her legs around his waist. Tears were running down her cheeks.  “I was afraid both of you were going to stay away.” Her arms were so tight around his neck Brian could barely breathe.


“I am sorry you were scared.  You just have to know we will always come back for you.”


Molly timidly walked in the door of the house with Paul. Gus and Shelby were surprised to see the young mother walk in the door.  Gus looked quizzically, “Molly?”


“Yes, you must be Gus and Shelby.”


“Dad mentioned you might come but I didn’t know for sure and you are hear a lot earlier than we expected.” As Gus talked, Shelby walked over to look at the little boy.   


“May I take him so you can get out of your jacket?” Molly nodded and Shelby took the baby.  Molly took off her jacket as Shelby snuggled with the sleeping little boy. “He is so beautiful.  What is his name?”


“His name is Paul.  I think he really needs a dry diaper.  Could you show me the guest room?”


“Oh sorry, yes this way,” Gus grabbed the bag Molly had dropped at her feet and the three walked down the hall.  There was chatter coming from Brinn’s door and as they walked past Molly saw Brian and Justin sitting on the bed with a beautiful, young girl.


Brian noticed them and said, “Hey, come join the party.”


Gus looked at Molly, “Can he wait a minute?”

“Sure, he is sleeping anyway.” Molly said, looking at her son in Shelby’s arms.


“Brinny, I would like you to meet a couple very special people.  Brinn this is my sister, Molly, and this is your cousin, Paul.”


Brinn looked at Justin and said, “So this is my real cousin?  I mean I know John and Peter are my cousins but they are old. I have a baby cousin?” She was off the bed and at Shelby’s side where she dropped to a knee so Brinn could see better.  She then turned to Molly and hugged her tightly around her waist. “Aunt Molly, are you going to live here? Do you have a husband or a wife? May I hold Paul?”


“It is nice to meet you, Brinn.  I am going to stay here for a while, if that is alright with you.”


“That would be great!”


“And you may hold him but right now, he really needs a dry diaper and a fresh sleeper.  I promise you can hold him tomorrow. I am sure I will need some help then.”


“Of course, Aunt Molly.  I am so glad you are here.”  Molly had to smile. Brinn sounded like she was an adult when she spoke.


Molly bent down and kissed her niece.  “I am so glad to be here, Brinn. You enjoy your dads for a while and I will talk to you tomorrow.”


With that Brinn turned to her dads and started talking again.   As they walked out Molly heard Brinn talking about pottery and ruins. She looked at Shelby, “Is she as smart as I think she is?”


“Probably smarter.  She makes me study all the time.  She is taking high school courses this year.  She is fortunate her dads can afford to keep up with her.”


“And I’m fortunate they hired you.” Gus kissed Shelby as he looked down at her holding the little boy.


“Here, let me take him from you.  You guys don’t have to hang with me.”


“I’m going to go get the bags out of the SUV.  Shelly, why don’t you stay and keep Molly company, unless you want to be alone.”


“I would love the company.”  Molly smiled at the two of them.  Gus kissed Shelby and left to get the bags.


“Gus seems like a great guy.” Molly said once he was gone.


“Gus is beyond great.  I am so in love with him. I have to remember he just turned 20.  I would marry him tomorrow if he asked. And although Brian and Justin have issues between the two of them sometimes, their kids always come first and no matter what, if anyone needs something, they are both their to help.  I still have some work to do to win Brian but your brother has accepted me completely.”


“What’s Brian’s issue?”


“I think there are two.  The first one is that Gus is very young but more than that, Gus is bisexual and Brian would just rather he was in a relationship with a man.  Thankfully, Gus chose me.”


Gus had walked in just as she said that, “You mean I had a choice?  I thought the hold you had on my dick…” She threw him a look, “I love every minute when you hold…”

“Shut up, Gus!”  By now all three of them were laughing.


“Speaking of holding my….I am really tired.  Can we head to the cottage? I will make it well worth your while after sharing rooms with Brinn the last two weeks.” Gus pulled her into his arms and kissed Shelby so completely Molly almost felt she should leave.


Shelby came up almost dizzy.  “Um, Molly, If you don’t mind…”


“Go,” Molly smiled.  “We can talk tomorrow.  I don’t know how long I will be here but it will be plenty of time for us to get to know each other.”  Shelby gave her a hug and a kiss on the cheek.


“I hope you get some sleep.  I know time changes can mess up your sleep and with little Paul… Let me know if I can help.”


Gus gave Molly a big hug.  “It is great to meet you, Molly, Aunt Molly? What do you prefer?’”


“Either is fine, Gus.  Whatever feels right to you.”   


“I know this will help Dad.  He doesn’t say much but I know he has always felt like he was missing something. And I know he didn’t hold it against you. Jennifer was always the go between. I think he felt a little guilty that he left the family even though he didn’t have an option.”


“He is helping me out. I really didn’t know what I was going to do.  Now, you two go. You have had a crazy couple weeks and I am sure, if nothing else, it will feel good to sleep in your own bed.”



It was almost an hour later when Brian stopped by Molly’s room. He had something in his hand but she wasn’t sure what it was first.  “Do you need anything, Molly?”


“No, we’re good. What’s my brother up to?”


“Brinn wanted him to lay with her until she fell asleep. He is the best dad,” he smiled at the thought of them. ”Oh, I thought you might like this.  Maybe you took your own but we bought this when Brinn was injured.” He handed her a baby monitor. I put new batteries in so if you would like to come and join us out by the fire pit you won’t have to worry about not hearing him.”



“Thank you.  I have one packed somewhere but I think I left it at Mom’s.  I would love to join you.”


“Wine or whiskey?”


“I will drink whatever you guys are drinking. I think I will change into something more comfortable and be out in a few minutes.”


“Molly, I’m glad you chose to come with us.  Justin doesn’t know how much he still has to work through but I think just talking with you, catching up, will help a lot.”


“That goes both ways. See you in a few.”



Justin walked out to the patio and found Brian starting a fire in the pit. He walked up behind him and wrapped his arms around him, letting one hand drop lower and he gently rubbed his crotch.  “Molly, seriously, I won’t leave your brother,” Brian was laughing as he turned and pulled Justin to him. “Are you as happy as you look?”


Justin kissed Brian’s willing lips.  “I am so glad to be home and that Molly and Paul are here.” Justin ground her hips against Brian’s.  


Brian sighed, “Soon, Sunshine.  Molly is coming out for a drink. And here she is.”  Brian had poured 3 glasses of aged bourbon and set them on the end table. They sat in silence for a while sipping their drinks.  FInally Molly looked at her brother and Brian sitting across from her.


“I really don’t know how to thank you for inviting me.  I love Mom and I know she was glad we were there but she doesn’t have room for us.”


“I tried getting them a bigger place but I didn’t want to step on Tuck’s toes.  He and mom like where they live and it is a great place.”


“And, I just need a little space I think.  Mom is a mom. She wants to do everything for me which is great but, I need to learn to be my own person.  Paul and I need to find our place in this world.”


“We are here for you as long and as much as you need us.  I am thinking in a couple days you might like the empty cottage.  That way you can come here when you want but you can be your own little family when you want that.” Justin smiled at his sister across the flames.


“I wish I had what you two have.”


“Molly you really don’t have any idea.  We have gotten off track many times. A month ago, Brian was living in New York and we had both been unfaithful.  I had felt ignored because Brian had to deal with the New York office. I was drinking too much. Long story short.  We forgave each other, no questions asked.”


Brian looked at Justin, “I seem to remember being tied up and you asking questions…”

“Tied up?” Molly looked horrified.


“What can I say?  We like to be creative.” Justin said as he kissed Brian.


They talked a little while but all of them were starting to feel the time change even though it was before 10:00 pm.  Just as they were talking about going to bed Paul made a little squawk. “Sounds like I can do his feeding and then get a few hours sleep anyway.  He actually sleeps pretty well. Don’t feel like you have to come in. Enjoy the fire as it burns out.” She walked in the house preparing a bottle before going to Paul.


Brian had both arms wrapped around Justin holding him close. Justin’s hand went to Brian’s fly and after opening it his chilled fingers found Brian’s warm cock. Brian took in a sharp breath at the cold digits enclosed him.  Justin brought it out and lowered his mouth onto it. Within a couple of minutes Brian was having difficulty staying in control.


“Sunshine, let’s go in and finish this in our warm bed.”  


Justin sat up and smiled at him. He gently tucked the erection back in the pants and picked up the water they had beside the pit. They doused the fire completely and went to their room.  After undressing they made love slowly and fell asleep with Justin held tightly against Brian’s chest.



Shelby and Gus arrived back at the cottage and realized they had unpacking to do. They unpacked their suitcases and Shelby started the first load. She started putting the luggage away but Gus walked up behind her, “That will be there in the morning and I will be at school in the morning so I suggest we find something much more productive to do than put away luggage.”

The couple had managed to make love a few times on the trip but Brinn insisted on Shelby sleeping in  her room so if Shelby woke up during the night she would go to Gus but they were very restrained. Gus turned her around and pulled her close.  “It was great going on the trip and spending so much time with you but, god, I missed being able to reach out at night and pull you against me and feel your warmth and taste you and, Gus picked her up and threw her over his shoulder.  He swatted her upturned as and almost as quickly they were at the bed and he flipped her onto it. He undid her jeans and pulled them down. Once they were off he reached for her underwear and dragged them down. He grabbed a pillow and put it under her hips and placed her feet on the mattress.  He got on his knees and lowered his mouth to her warm, wet center and drug his tongue through her. As he spread her legs a bit further, he drove his tongue in over and over.


“You taste so amazing.” He now brought his tongue up to her cliterous. He saw her begin to arch as she orgasmed.


She let out a scream as Gus went down and lapped at the added juices coming from her, making her cry out again.  Gus slid up her body taking her top with him and found her mouth as his hands found her nipples. Her whole body was on edge and she went from wanting him to touch more of her and wanting to move away to regain her senses.  After she had a second orgasm from his skill on her breasts. He finally laid his head on her chest and listened to her heart beating. He started to slide his own jeans down as she pulled desperately at his shirt, needing to feel his skin.  Now naked, Gus positioned himself and she moved her hips to meet him. Gus didn’t have much willpower by now and soon he arched, thrusting deeper into her as he cried out and filled her. He dropped onto her and she held onto him tightly.


“I love you, Gus.  God, I love you!”


Gus rolled off her taking her with him so her head rested on his chest. “Shelly, how could I have ever thought of being without you.”  Gus kissed her head and drifted off to sleep.


When Shelby woke in the morning, Gus was gone.  On his pillow there lay a note. ‘Darling Shelly, I love you to the moon and back.’  Gus. Attached to the note was a heart like a child would cut out. Shelby picked up the heart and pressed it against her own.  “I love you, too, Gussy!” She wiped a tear of happiness run down her cheek.


Brian and Justin gave her the week off after the intense trip they just got back from.  Everyone but Gus were having a relaxing day. Brinn was having fun helping with Paul and just spending time with her dads. Shelby spent most of the day by herself working on lesson plans for Brinn.  She did go up to the house for a little while to check on their guests. She found Molly with Brinn who was talking about the trip she took. “Brinn, I happened to see Chantel get home from school when came up here.  I bet she would like to see you.”


“Aunt Molly, would you mind if I went to play with my friend.”

“You go ahead, Brinny, I’m not going anywhere.” Shelby smiled as Brinn walked away.  “She is quite a young lady.”


“I love her so much,” Shelby said as she looked back at Molly.  “Where is Paul?”


“He just went down for an afternoon nap. I should have a couple hours.”


“How about a cup of coffee and I am sure we can find something sweet to go with it.  Mary, the foreman’s wife keeps the freezer stocked with treats and freezer meals. She really spoils them although Justin is an amazing cook and Gus and Brian can handle themselves, too.  You will never go hungry here.” She made a couple cups of coffee and pulled out some lemon bars. “I love these half frozen, especially in the summer. They thaw quickly.”


The  young women chatted and laughed as they got to know each other. “Molly, I need to run into town tomorrow. How about coming with me. We could do a little shopping and have some lunch somewhere. That way you can see a little bit of the area since it was  dark when you flew in.”


“I would love to but I am not sure how Paul will deal with a shopping trip.”


“If two grown women can’t handle one little baby….”


“He will just stay here with his uncle.” Justin had walked in without them noticing. “I insist.  Molly, you need a day of fun and I can start teaching Paul how to be a real gentleman.”


“I don’t know, Brother. I have spent time with you and Brian and I am not sure…..” Justin’s mock surprised face made Molly start laughing. “Justin, I love you and I trust you but are you sure?  It has been a while since you spent the day taking care of an infant.”


“I am sure we can manage.  You saw how good Brian was with Paul on the plane and Brinn will love helping.  I insist,” Justin saw the look on her face. He hugged her and whispered in her ear, “It’s on me.  I expect you to run up a large credit card bill.” He pulled out his wallet and handed her a black card.  “I doubt you will have any trouble using it, especially if you are with Shelby. Most of the shop owners know she lives up here.


“Justin, I can’t…”


“Mollisk, don’t you dare say no.”  He used the nickname he had for her when she was little.  “Honestly, you could spend a $10,000 and I wouldn’t care.” Molly’s mouth dropped open.


“Money is just money,” he shrugged and walked away. “I will plan on uncle duty starting at let’s say 10:00?”


“Perfect,” Shelby said. “I will be up here at 10:00 tomorrow morning.”


It was an  uneventful night.  Everyone was still a bit worn out from the recent events so it was dinner and a movie night.  Gus and Shelby spent the night watching their own movie and talking about the house which was going to be started before the end of the year.  The land had already been cleared.


“I think I might miss our cozy cottage when that house is ready for us. I mean how can I forget you giving me your heart here.”

“My heart is wherever you are, Shelly.”


“You are definitely your fathers’ son.  I think I am ready for an early night. How about you?”


Gus scooped her off the couch and carried her into the bedroom. “I do like this place but I can’t wait to get a bed as big as my dads’ so there is more room to play.”


They made love and then lay in bed talking. Shelby told Gus about the shopping trip and he thought it was a great idea. “I wish I could join you for lunch but tomorrow is a busy day and I am still making up a little homework from being gone.”


“Now I feel guilty.  I should have shortened the trip. Can I make it up to you?”


“You might be able to.”  He smiled as she slipped down his body.


“Um, Shelby, would you mind?”  He opened the nightstand table and pulled out a vibrator.

“It has been a while and I could use a little…”

Shelby grabbed the tube of lube  and took control. She threw a pillow down and rolled Gus on it making his bare ass pop up a bit.  After preparing him she spent time using the vibrator to get Gus off more than once. When she finished he was as weak as a baby and more happy than he had ever been with a man.



Gus again was gone when she woke up and this time there was a flower on his pillow.  Shelby smiled as she smelled it. Since it was a long stemmed red rose it was not something he picked outside.  He had planned this and then hid it from her. The note this morning said, ‘I give you this rose even though you deserve the whole greenhouse.  All my love, Gus’.


Shelby had to find something for him today while shopping.  She figured she could think of something. As she got ready for her day, she was a little nervous, not about spending time with Molly, that would be great, but she needed to talk to someone and she hoped Molly could help.


When Shelby walked into the house to pick up Molly things were a bit chaotic. Molly was setting out bottles, running back to her room to check diapers and clothes and stopping by to kiss Paul who was laying on Brinn’s lap on the floor. Brian was sitting nearby keeping an eye on the two.  After she told Shelby, one more thing the third time, Justin picked up her jacket and as she walked past on her way to another mission he stopped her. He took her hands, “Molly, you’ve met Gus, right?”


“Of course I have.”


“And my beautiful daughter is holding your son?”


“Come on, Justin.  I am trying to get things ready….”


“I helped raise an amazing man and I think I am doing a pretty good job with Brinn so, Mollusk, go.  We will be fine. Paul will be fine. He kissed her cheek and she hugged him.


“Ok, ok. Thank you!”  Justin helped her put on her jacket.


“Shelby, make her have a good time!” Justin said.


“I will, Justin.  Come on, Molly. He will be fine.”


As they drove through the countryside, Molly chatted a bit nervously. “I’m sorry.  I know Justin and Brian will take good care of Paul but other than Mom, I have never left him.”


“Molly, that is normal, but those two can handle anything if they can handle Brinn.”


As the women started shopping, Molly tentatively bought a couple small things for Paul but she felt guilty for having Justin pay for them.  Finally, Shelby said, “Molly, Justin was serious about spending $10,000. He wouldn’t notice it. Relax and enjoy yourself. Spend some money.  Making you happy will make him happy.” Molly nodded and the two women locked arms as they walked down the sidewalk. By the time they stopped by Shelby’s car to drop off some bags, Molly had picked up several things.


“Are you getting hungry?” Shelby asked.


“I am.”


“There is a wonderful little cafe around the corner.  They have a nice selection and a great wine list.”


“That sounds perfect.”


When they were seated they were offered a wine sample.  After tasting it Shelby smiled, “May I see the label please?”  The server turned it so she could see it. She started laughing, “Look at it, Molly.”  Molly laughed. It was one of Brian and Justin’s. “We will take a bottle of that although it seems silly since we can get it free at home,” she laughed.


“I wish Dad could have admitted to Justin how proud he was of him because he was.  He just couldn’t get past that he was gay. He thought it made Justin and maybe himself, less of a man but Justin has everything I would love to find in a husband. That doesn’t sound weird does it?”


Shelby smiled, “Not at all.  I feel so lucky to have found Gus and he is the best parts of both of his dads.  I’m sorry. I am sure it is obvious how in love I am. I sometimes worry about how young he is.  What if he falls out of love with me? But if that happens our relationship will have run its course.”


The women placed their orders and refilled their glasses and each took another sip.  “Molly, can I ask you something? Well, maybe it isn’t a question. I need some advice.”


“Sure, what is it?”


“I want to bring Gus home to meet my family but..” She took a big breath. “My parents are a lot like your dad.  They are bound to ask Gus about his family and when they hear his parents are all gay, they will say something or do something …..I love them but they are just not accepting.

They only think about the stereotype that was out there in the 80’s and 90’s.  I can’t choose between them. I don’t know if I should tell them ahead of time?  I think they would try to be polite. They aren’t out and out rude. They just don’t ‘associate with those kind of people’. They don’t understand they are just people who happen to have a different lifestyle.”  Shelby stopped talking. She felt tears prickle in the back of her eyes.


Molly reached across the table and took her hand. “I understand. I was so young when Justin left.  And my dad was my dad. He was pretty good to me although we were never super close but I didn’t want to stir up trouble. As years passed Justin and I just grew further apart. I regret missing all that time with him but I don’t know how I could have done it differently when it started.  It was just too hard to face dad if I was in close contact with Justin. I guess I was weak.”


“No you did what you needed to do to feel comfortable with your decisions.  And now that is where I am at. I just can’t imagine life with Gus, but I can’t imagine not being with my family either.”


The server brought their order and they began to eat.  It was quiet for a few minutes and then Molly said, “Since you asked, here’s my opinion.  From what I can tell Gus is a very sweet guy. I think you need to tell him the situation.  Then let him decide if he wants to go along. If he doesn’t want to go, you go and tell your parents about Gus.  Tell them he is part of your life and if they want you to come home for holidays they are going to have to be polite and understanding and maybe waiting a while isn’t a bad idea.  You go home for Christmas or around Christmas and tell them about him. Tell them how wonderful he is. Tell them how good he is to you. ”


“Yes, that is the way I am leaning.  If they can’t control their confused feelings I just will visit once a year and they will have to accept that.  But even being away from Gus one night...what that man does to me.” She giggled. The wine obviously had gone to her head.


“From what I have picked up Brian and Justin still can’t get enough of each other.”


“Well have you looked at them?  Ok, you should just look at Brian, but they are both so hot and Gus got the best of both of them. What was  your husband like?” After Shelby had said it she stopped, “I am sorry, Molly, that is none of my business.”


“I hardly remember.  It has been a while. I mean I loved him and when we made love it was good but it’s not like my world was rocked.  I was lucky if he took the time to make sure I had an orgasm.”


“Oh, you poor girl.  I think if I were you I’d be happy to have a beautiful baby and be rid of him.  The other night I had cum three times before Gus had even started. He is just amazing.   I’m sorry is that weird to tell you since he is your nephew?”


“I know he’s my nephew but I don’t really think of him in those terms.  I hope that’s not wrong. I hope we can be friends.”


“I can understand that and I am sure he will be glad to call you his friend.” They lightened the subject as they finished their lunch and then decided to splurge on Justin and ordered dessert to share.  “So what is it you hope to do eventually. What did you go to college for?”


“I have a business major and interior design minor.  In my dream world I was going to start a business of my own. I just can’t even picture that right now.  I love interior design.”


“Well, maybe as our house gets to that point you can help us make decisions, if you are still here. I know what I like but I’m not good at putting it together.  Gus is really good at being able to visualize.”


“Oh, I would love that.  Right now I don’t know what to plan on.  I can’t live with Mom and Tuck. They don’t have room for us.  Justin said I could live at one of their places. They have plenty of living space but in someway I would just like to start over here.  I don’t have a job waiting for me back there. My husband had me quit my job before Paul was born so I could stay home with him. He just forgot to mention that he wouldn’t be there with me.”


Molly put the meal on Justin’s card and when the server returned Shelby said, “Let’s go do some more shopping.  We need to walk off some of this food, not to mention the wine.”



Brian and Justin together cared for Paul as the day went on. After Brian finished giving him a bottle Justin took him to change his diaper before laying him down for a nap.  Brian followed Justin into the room and as Justin changed the diaper Brian nuzzled Justin’s neck. “Remember when we used to work really hard at getting pregnant?” He pressed tightly against Justin, slipping his hand into the front of Justin’s jeans. Justin turned with Paul in his arms and they kissed deeply.


Neither of them noticed Brinn walk in.  They weren’t sure how long she had been standing there but she soon made her presence known.  The room was suddenly filled with an ear piercing scream. Justin grasped Paul to his chest as an automatic reflex of protection as he wimpered from the noice and Brian spun and ran to Brinn.  He picked her up. “Brinny, what’s wrong? What happened?”


Looking at her, Brian set her down realizing she didn’t look hurt or frightened in any way. “What’s wrong? What happened?”


Brinn went on a rant, “What’s wrong? WHAT’S WRONG? Where is Aunt Molly?  Why do you have to take care of THAT BABY? I don’t want him here. Your my dads not his!”


“Tia Brinn Taylor-Kinney, you go to your room, right now.  I do not want to see your face until I am ready to talk to you and if I hear one peep out of you in there so help me….” Brian had never seen Justin so furious at Brinn.  He was about ready to say nearly the same thing and it was the closest he had ever come to thinking about spanking her. He had never seen their daughter act like such a spoiled brat.


Brinn opened her mouth to strike back but Justin continued. “Young lady, don’t you dare say a word. Get to your room, Go NOW!”  This time Brinn paled a bit and her eyes brimmed with tears as she turned and ran to her room.


“Do you believe her? I can’t believe what she just said.  I can’t believe what she did!” Brian gently took Paul out of Justin’s hand.  After just a little bouncing, Paul was quiet and Brian laid him in his bed. He took the baby monitor and wrapped an arm around a fuming Justin, propelling him toward their  bedroom. Brian had never seen Justin so mad at Brinn. He was fairly sure right now she was sobbing but after the way she acted she deserved to sweat it out for a while. And Justin needed time to calm down.


Once in the room, Brian shut the door. He put his arms around Justin but he broke away. That spoiled little…”


“Justin, be careful you don’t say something about our daughter that you will regret later.”


“Did we really do such a bad job raising her that she is that self-centered?”


“Justin it has been a crazy few months.  First, me being a lunk head and then the trip mixed with the funeral.” Brian guided him toward the bed and sat down pulled Justin onto his lap.  “Sunshine, I should probably spend more time with her. She needs to be sure we are still a family. Having Molly and Paul here, she probably feels like her life is up in the air again.”  Brian kissed Justin.


“Is that really a good enough excuse to scare the hell out of us and just be so selfish,” Brian started kissing Justin’s neck.


“Stop it! This is not the time for this.” Brian’s hand moved down Justin’s arm and into his lap.  Brian began undoing Justin’s fly. “Brian, I ...stop it.” His voice wasn’t as sharp as it was earlier.


“I wish we could continue this but, I think one of us has to go talk to Brinn. It would be best if it came from you,” Brian said softly.


“What do I say to her? You’re a selfish little girl with no manners?”


“Justin, you know that’s not true. I agree she was very inappropriate but she did it because she loves us and we have put her in a little chaos.”


“I know.  I just love her so much and I expect better.”


“I think we both forget she is still a kid.  She isn’t even nine yet.”


“You’re right,” Justin kissed Brian. “I’ll go….”


There was a soft knock, “Daddy,” a shaking voice came through the door.  “I know you told me to stay in my room,” another shuddered breath, “but…..Daddy…..” sobs came from the other side of the door. Justin walked to the door, opened it, and dropped to his knees.  Brinn threw herself into Justin’s arms. She was sobbing so hard Justin couldn’t stop her tremoring. Justin carried her to a chair and sat down with her. Brian slipped out of the room, knowing they needed some private time.


Justin held her close and rocked her while she sobbed, repeating how sorry she was.  “Brinn, Sweetheart, you need to calm down. Take some deep breaths.”


“I’m sorry, I’m sorry.  Please, Paul and Aunt Molly, I’m sorry.”


“Sh, baby, calm down.” Justin held her and stroked her hair until she was calmer.

“Do you think we can talk now, Brinny?


Brinn nodded. “Yes, Daddy.” Her voice was quiet but calm.


“Brinn, what you did….why did you scream like that?”


“No one would pay attention to me.  I just wanted you or Dad to talk to me. I wanted you to pay attention to me. Paul is so cute and so sweet and.” her lower lip started trembling again.  “You looked like a family. I mean Dad was gone for so long and then when we got home you and him were gone and then you came back with more people.”


“So what would have been the way to handle this?”


“I should have talked to you or dad, not screamed. I just, I saw you both holding Paul and I thought maybe you wanted a baby instead  of me. And then when I was in my room, I started thinking maybe I could live with Tina but I don’t want to live with her. I wouldn’t mind visiting but I don’t want to live there all the time.”  She turned and held onto his neck tightly. “Daddy, please, please don’t make me go away.”


“Oh, darling girl, we could never, ever let you go. In fact, even when you are 25 we are not going to let you go.”


They talked softly for another few minutes and when Brinn was calm Justin looked her in the eye. “So, Sweetie, now we have to discuss some punishment.  You understand that there are consequences to bad behavior, right?”


“I do, Daddy.  What is my punishment?”


“Well, first of all, you are going to apologize to Molly. You will have to explain to her that you had a tantrum and scared Paul.”


“Ok, Daddy, I can do that because I really do love Aunt Molly and baby Paul.”  


“Now what are you going to do to apologize to your dad and me?”


“I don’t know, Daddy.  You should pick the punishment.”


“Well, you still have the next two days off from school.  Can you think of some things you could do in those two days?”  


“Daddy, are Aunt Molly and Paul staying?”

“Well, they will be here for a while.”


“Did I hear you say that they wanted to live in the cottage?”


“We talked about that.”


“I would help get the cottage ready for them.  I know I can’t do it alone, I’m just too little, but I will work with Aunt Molly if she wants me to.”


“That is a great idea, Brinn, and if Molly chooses to stay here in the house we will come up with something else, Ok?”


“Ok, Daddy,” Brinn snuggled into him and Justin held her close.


“Daddy?”


“Yes, Sweetie?”


“You scared me today.  I was sure you were going to send me to Tina.”


“Baby, why are you thinking about Tina so much lately.”


“She’s been talking to me on my phone.”


Every nerve in Justin’s body went on alert.  “How is she doing that, Brinn?


“I don’t know for sure.  She just started texting me and I know it is her because she does video chat.”


“Brinny, you aren’t in any trouble, but your dad and I are going to need to look at your phone.  I promise we will get it back to you later.“


“Ok, Daddy.  I don’t need it when everyone is home anyway.”


“What do you say we go find your dad and you apologize to him?”  Brinn nodded and skipped out the door.



Shelby and Molly walked through several little shops.  When they came to a lingerie shop Shelby stopped, “Do you mind if I take a look? I owe Gus something special.”


“Sure, it has been so long since I have had sex, maybe you can remind me what the fuss is all about.”


“Gus knows things that are beyond amazing.  I sometimes wonder if it is because all of his parents talk so openly.  I have only met the moms once when his sister was pregnant and living here.”


“Sister?”


“Yes, he has a sister with his moms.  I’ll tell you the story sometime.” Shelby started going through some of the negligee choices. “I have really never had something like this before. I am more of a T shirt kind of girl.  I pull out one of his shirts and wear it, if I wear anything at all. It saves time if I don’t” She winked at Molly.


Molly saw something that caught her eye.  She walked across the room and reached for a hanger.  It was a beautiful silk robe. It was knee length with lace yoke inserts.  “Hey Molly, what do you think of this? I think it is stunning and it would be so beautiful on you.  I think you would get more use out of something like this. If you get a beautiful bra and panty set you can use those anytime.  Just have those on with this stunning robe. You can use the robe after showers and around your place.”


“Molly, that is perfect.  That color is gorgeous!” She held the rosy peach against her skin, “And it is so soft.”


Molly glanced around the room and found  a deep rose color bra and panty set. They looked stunning together.  


“I’m going to go try on the bra, not that it has to be too comfortable.  Gus isn’t going to leave it on long.” She winked at Molly as she stepped into a changing room.  


While Molly waited a woman walked up to her.  “Excuse me, but you wouldn’t be looking for a job would you? I have been watching you and your friend and you have an amazing eye.  I think you would move my merchandise.”


“Oh, I….I am really not sure.  I would love a job but I have an infant and I am new to the area.”


Shelby joined the other women, “Molly, if you would enjoy it, I am sure we could manage to work something out. I know some daycare places and I also think Mary, the foreman’s wife, might be interested.  Her kids are all in school now and she is such an excellent mother. For her, having a baby around is just natural.”


Molly looked at the woman, “I think I would really enjoy working here but I will need to think it through and see if I can make it work.”


The woman handed her a business card.  “Anytime you are ready, give me a call.  You are just the type of person I would like in here.  I am afraid the pay is outstanding but…”


“Pay isn’t that important to her,” Shelby interjected.


“Shelby, I am going to have to support Paul.  My ex isn’t going to come through.”


“Molly, you know Brian and Justin will help you out and you can live there as long as you want.”


The saleswoman got back in the conversation, “Brian and Justin? Do you mean the two gorgeous men that own the vineyard up the road?”


“Yes, Justin is my brother,” Molly said proudly.


“He is an outstanding artist.  He had a small show in my friend’s gallery. And those two have done a lot for the community. They have helped finance several projects.”


The women spoke for a few more minutes and then Shelby and Molly left with Shelby’s purchase in a bag.  “Shelby, do you mind if we go back home now. I think I should get back to Paul and now I feel like I have some things to think over.


Shelby encouraged Molly all the way home.  They talked about the job, finding daycare, Brian and Justin’s generosity, and how this would be a great way for Molly to feel comfortable in the community, getting to know people.


“Molly, I am not saying you should start tomorrow but in the next month, I think you will want to get out a bit. You are young and beautiful, and can’t lock yourself away on the vineyard.”


“I will think about it and talk to Justin.”  They parked in front of the house. “Why do I have the idea we won’t be seeing you here for dinner tonight?”


“You’re right.  I am cooking for Gus.”


“And I am sure I know what is for dessert,” Molly started laughing.  “Did I really just say that? That is the oldest cliche.”


“Trust me, Molly, I am fairly sure you are totally correct in that,”  Shelby shivered, “Just thinking about him...that man has the most talented mouth and hands.”


“Stop!  It has been way to long for me.”


“I hope you have something to entertain yourself.”  Shelby winked at her.


Molly blushed a bit, “I actually don’t.  I dated plenty but I didn’t sleep around much when I was young.  My husband was only the third man I had been with and, well, he was insulted by toys so I don’t have any.”


“Oh, my dear, I will change that, if not today tomorrow.  This house has a stash, and I mean a large stash of them. I am sure your brother has….”


Now Molly turned crimson, “I am not asking Justin for a vibrator.”


Shelby started laughing.  “I am so glad you’re here Molly.  It has been a long time since I have had a friend like this.  Just someone to shop and hang out with. I hope you decide to make California your home.”


“I feel exactly the same way, Shelby. Well, I better go in and rescue my brother. This is the time of day Paul gets a bit fussy usually.” The women hugged and Molly realized she felt happier than she had in months.  


Molly bounded in to the house afraid she would find a fussy baby and two stressed men.  What she found was Justin and Brinn fixing a puzzle at the table while Brian did a bouncy walk with a sleeping Paul in his arms.  


“Looks like I wasn’t missed at all,” She walked up to Brian and kissed Paul’s cheek.  “Here let me take him.”


“Why don’t I just go lay him down? He has just fallen asleep. Why shuffle him around more than need be.”  Brian turned and walked toward the bedroom. Molly came and wrapped her arms around Justin’s neck, kissing the top of his head.  “I hope the day went well. I had such an amazing time. I didn’t realize I needed a day like that.”


Justin squeezed her hand.  “I’m glad. Shelby is wonderful and I am sure the two of you had a good time.”


Molly started handing Justin’s credit card to him, “Just keep it.  If you need it, use it.”


“Thanks, Justin.”


“Daddy, why don’t you go kiss Dad for a while.  I need to talk to Aunt Molly.”

Molly let go of Justin and sat in his vacated chair when he stood.  She smiled up at her big brother, “Why don’t you and Brian take a little time together.  Brinn and I can fix something for dinner. How does that sound, Brinn?” She smiled and nodded.


“Now I am not going to argue,” Justin smiled.  “There is meat in the fridge and plenty of other food for sides.”  


As Justin went to find Brian, he heard Brinn begin her apology to Molly. He found Brian in the bedroom.  He was just stripping off his shirt. “Now this is what I call timing. Undressing just for me?”


“After laying Paul down I realized he had leaked through so I changed him and now I am changing me.”


Justin walked up to him and put his hands on Brian’s chest, “I really am very fond of who you are now.  Please don’t change.” He brought his mouth up to Brian’s.They kissed and Justin said, “Molly is making dinner so we have a couple hours free.  Can you think of anything that could take up the time?”


Brian pulled him close with one arm while with the other he was already undoing Justin’s fly and then he was yanking at them.  Once the were around his knees, Brian threw him on the bed and yanked the jeans off. He dropped to his knees and pulled Justin’s ass to the edge of the bed and he dove in.  He licked, kissed and nibbled the whole area between from his asshole to his scrotum. It didn’t take long for Justin to start begging for Brian to do more. Brian’s tongue began to slip in and out as his hand slid up and down on Justin’s rock hard cock.


“Baby, please.  Please come up here.  I really..” his back arched as he fought to keep control.   Brian pulled away long enough to drop his pants and then he slid his naked body ever so slowly up Justin’s making sure some part of his body was in contact with the tip of Justin’s cock.  He was sure he felt the first drops of precum on his chest. As his mouth reached Justin’s he reached down and guided his dick into Justin.


“Have I told you how much I love you, lately?” Brian grunted out as he moved,  “and I may love your sister almost as much.” Brian couldn’t control himself any longer.  He drove in over and over and soon both he and Justin exploded. Brian dropped on top of him and then rolled to the side.  They laid there, finger’s linked as their breathing went back to normal.


Justin rolled over so his head rested on Brian’s chest. “Every once in awhile I like to hear my heart beat.  I love you.”


Slowly they made love again, touching and tasting and being.


Shelby decided she was not making anything special for dinner.  She hoped they wouldn’t get to it until much later. She made a picnic lunch.  She made sandwiches and pasta salad. She cut up some fruit and made some dip for it.  Glancing at her watch she quickly took a shower and put on the new attire. She looked at her reflection in the mirror before tying the robe.  She looked at her stomach. She ate far too much lunch to be strutting around like this but she hoped Gus didn’t notice. She blew and styled her hair and put on a minimum of makeup.  Shelby was sure she heard Gus’ Jeep. She quickly tied the robe and fluffed her hair once more. She then stepped out into the living room and waited for the door to open.


Gus had a long day and was hoping to spend a quiet night at the house with Shelly.  He was already picturing her in her sweats and t shirt. How did she make them look so sexy?  He hoped she would just curl up on the sofa with him and maybe eat a pizza.


Gus was looking at some mail as he walked in.  Without looking up he shut the door behind him and began to speak as he looked up, “Shelly, how was your day with…..”  Gus’ gaze moved from her toes, over her shapely legs to the beautiful new robe which added pink to her cheeks naturally.  He dropped the mail on a coffee table as he walked over to her. “You look…..” words failed him so he put a hand on either side of her face and ever so gently brought his mouth down to hers. He was no longer thinking about sweats and a t shirt. Gus moved one hand to the small of her back.  The material was cool and slick but he could feel the heat of her skin underneath. His mouth slid along her jawline and then up to her ear. “You are stunning.” He inhaled deeply and took in the fresh clean scent with just a hint of fragrance.


“Welcome home, “ Shelby said quietly as she led him into the bedroom.  She had a bottle of wine and candles scattered throughout the room. He didn’t see anything but her. She removed his T shirt and then reached for her phone and started some soft music she had programmed.  Reaching for Gus’ neck she pressed herself against him and they swayed to the music as their bodies slid against each other.


“Shelly, I can’t...you are so amazing.” After the second song Gus took half a step back and loosened the belt of her robe. He slid his hands into the opening and found her skin.  She shivered as his hands slid to her back. He left one hand on the small of her back and with the other one he stroked her nipple, first one and then the other. He started kissing the column of her neck and then along her scapula.  He moved his hands to her shoulders and slid the robe off of them. He caught the robe before it fell to the floor and tossed it on a chair and when he turned back to her he noticed what she was still wearing.


“Are you trying to kill me?  How can I take more?” His mouth went between her breasts and then moved back to one of her nipples and teased it through the lace. While he did that his fingers moved under the delicate band at her hips.  He moved it downward and dropped to his knees as it hit the floor. He buried his face deep into spot between her thighs. He inhaled the scent only she had. Shelby shuttered as his tongue grazed her clit.  Moving back up he untied the bra and it fell off.


Shelby untied Gus’ pants and they dropped to the floor.  Gus stepped out of them and gently laid her on the bed. He lay down  and made love to her. He was so gentle and caring. Every nerve of her body was singing as together they soared higher and higher and then slipped into blissful rest.


Everyone got into a rhythm.  Brinn helped Molly clean up the cottage and Molly and Paul moved in there.   Molly also talked to Justin about the job she was offered. After talking with Mary they decided she would start working about 30 hours a week.  Between Mary and Justin, Paul would be well cared for. She would start after Thanksgiving.


Shelby decided she would go home for a couple days at Christmas. She was going home the 22nd and would, thanks to Justin and Brian would spend Christmas morning with her family but would take a private plane home on and would be back with Gus by mid afternoon on Christmas.   Her parents would have to wait to meet Gus but she would tell them about him and his family. They would have to see how well he treated her, wouldn’t they? And she would work on her parents. She wouldn’t call them prejudice really, just naive.


Justin and Brian discussed Brinn’s phone and after changing her number and putting new safeguards on it the phone was returned to her. They also contacted Tina through her lawyer and reminded her she was not to have any contact with her unless it was with the permission.  They also talked to Brinn and let her know it wasn’t her fault but if Tina contacted her again, she should tell them right away.


Of course, Thanksgiving meant Brinn’s birthday.  Brian and Justin had a hard time believing she was nine.  After Brinn and Chantel got settled in the living room with a bowl of popcorn and a movie Brian and Justin relaxed in their room. Sitting up in their bed Brian had his arms around Justin.  As they talked Justin got quiet. Brian, kissed his soft hair, “What’s wrong, Sunshine? You aren’t thinking about having another baby are you?” he asked with some humor in his voice.


Justin smiled at him, “No, I was thinking about you, and how close we came to losing you nine years ago.  When I think about all the living we have done since then….We could have missed out on all of that. I love you so much.  I don’t know if I could even function without you.”


“It just wasn’t my time.”


“Promise me you will get a physical again soon.  I want you around for at least another 49 years.”


“I don’t think I can promise 49 years but I can promise to go to the doctor.  I want to be with you as long as I can, darling. I want to see our kids get married and I want to hear your bones crack as you get off your knees after giving me a blowjob.”


Justin had to laugh.  “You’re such a romantic!”  

 

Brian pulled him close and got very serious for a moment, “You are the only reason I pulled through and the only reason I can think of to live.  My darling, Sunshine,” Brian kissed him deeply, “I can’t do life without you.”

The End.
Simply written is the author of 42 other stories.
This story is a favorite of 2 members. Members who liked CDLWY 7: We All Make Mistakes also liked 283 other stories.
This story is part of the series, Can't Do Life Without You. The previous story in the series is Can't Do Life Without You 6 California. The next story in the series is CDLWY 8:Love is Love .