- Text Size +
Author's Chapter Notes:

The final chapter of this story :)

2 Years Later

 

Brian Kinney-Taylor looked around, enjoying the silence of the moment. His mansion was usually filled with his children and husband’s laughter but they were still asleep.

 

The brunette used this quiet moment to reflect on the past. He had found his true love in Justin and Kinnetik was the most successful advertising agency in the world. His children did great in school and had many friends. And Brian knew that he had to let go of his past, his former best friends, to reach this point in his life.

 

The loss of Michael and Lindsay at first didn’t seem to bother Jenny and Gus but after a couple of months the reality of the situation hit the two full force. While Gus had become very quiet and isolated himself from his friends and family, Jenny became aggressive and self destructive. Brian still shuddered thinking about how Jenny would hit herself with her toys until she either was bruised or bleeding or how Gus would hear weird voices telling him he wasn’t loveable. Mel and Brian had soon reached desperation as they wanted nothing but happiness for both children but it took Justin to heal the wounds Lindsay and Michael had left on their children.

 

The birth of Craig Aiden didn’t help in the messy situation with Gus and Jenny. Mel had almost lost her job because she hadn’t been able to concentrate on her clients and Brian had come close to losing one of his biggest clients when he had finally broken down during the presentation. Luckily for him, the client had noticed the dark bags under his eyes and the nervous fiddleting and after Ted had explained the situation, Brian found nothing but respect and understanding in the eyes of his client. Ted had finished the presentation with Cynthia’s help so Brian was able to have a moment of peace. He and Mel had met at the loft at the end of the day to figure out a way to help Gus and Jenny. They had decided to take the kids to a therapist and had driven to Britin to talk to Justin about their plan.

 

They were surprised to find the huge mansion empty. The dogs had been barking out in the garden and when Brian and Mel had followed the noise they had found Justin with the kids, yelling and screaming into the forest. The two parents had decided to stay quiet and watch how Justin helped the two siblings to let out all of their anger and hurt. When both of the kids couldn’t scream anymore, Justin went to a chair that stood nearby and grabbed two ballons that had two small baskets attached to their ropes. Brian and Mel had watched Gus and Jenny letting their ballons fly away. Later in the evening after the kids had gone to sleep, Justin explained that the baskets included photos, paintings and letters from the kids. Since Gus and Jenny couldn’t tell Michael and Lindsay how they felt face to face, Justin figured it was a great way for the two youngsters. 

 

In the following weeks, Brian and Justin had Mel and Ben over a lot, just sitting down with their beautiful children talking about everything that had bothered them. Mel had found a way to explain Michael and Lindsay’s behavior and actions a lot better, with more details without it being too cruel. It was perfect and helped Gus and Jenny to understand why their other parents weren’t around anymore. They collectively decided to have the entire gang over every Sunday for lunch until dinner for a day of joy and games. Justin’s parents and sister were included as well and Craig became Brian’s person to go when he himself needed someone to lean on. The brunette had feared he would hurt Vic’s feelings but the older man understood and was happy to see that Brian had been accepted by Justin’s family. Craig often went out golfing with Vic, Rodney and Carl while Jennifer and Debbie would go shopping or spend hours cooking new recipes. 

 

Justin had also made sure to include Gus and Jenny in the life of Craig Aiden. Their earlier jealousy was over soon and both embraced being the older brother and sister.

 

Hunter’s life had changed as well. After a few weeks at Taylor Electronics, Craig paid for the young man’s education and Hunter aced every test with great grades. Craig had also taught the former street kid about office works such as accounting, stocking and much more. Since neither Justin nor Molly were interested in the store, Craig had planned to leave the store in Hunter’s name once he retired.

 

Molly had decided to study psychology for children after experiencing the trauma that Gus and Jenny had endured. The young, bright woman wanted to help other children to overcome traumatic events. Justin had been immensely proud of his younger sister as were Jennifer and Craig.

 

David and Ben had a rough path to go through about a year after they had gotten together. Hank hit rock bottom after meeting the wrong friends and almost dying of alcohol poisoning. The teenager was haunted by nightmares of the bank robbery and death of his mother. Due to a viral infection at the hospital at the time of Hank’s admission, Ben couldn’t go with his partner to visit the young boy and Hank felt abandoned. Ben and Blake suggested for Hank to go to rehab but Hank outright refused and David thought it wasn’t necessary at that point. When Hank had been arrested a few days after leaving the hospital with alcohol and even drugs, David had him committed to rehab. It had taken the teenager a few weeks to admit his addiction and with the help of a therapist the family managed to grow stronger.

 

Seven months later, David had asked Ben to marry him and again three months later they got married in Vermont. It was a small, intimate ceremony with only Hank and Hunter present. The newlyweds invited the family to a celebratory weekend after their ceremony. Ever since they had been going strong and even took in a friend of Hank who had run away from his abusive parents. Due to David being a very well known and much recommended chiropractor, Ben was able to step down and work only half the time to focus more on his health, which was steadier than ever.

 

Ted and Blake were going through the process of adopting a child and would welcome their 4 year old daughter and son in a few weeks. Although they had wanted to adopt only one child, they couldn’t stomach to separate the twins that had lost their parents in a freak car accident that had left both children disabled. Ted had hired a construction company to build ramps and remodel the house they shared so Tim and Leona could live with them.

 

Emmett and Drew had gotten married as well and were thinking about children themselves. They were still in the process of finding a surrogate as they wanted at least one child on their own before adopting or fostering children in need. Emmett wished for a baby girl while Drew wanted a boy because he was scared of raising girls, especially in the teenage years. 

 

Debbie had a small set back a couple of months after the trials when Michael had opened his mouth to the wrong person and was almost beaten to death. Debbie ran crying to Brian, begging the man for help until she had suddenly slapped herself. Brian hadn’t been mad as the waitress realized what she was doing on her own. After berating herself loudly in Brian’s office, she had apologized and continued to tell herself off while leaving the building. Brian’s employes had watched her coming and going with confusion and some even laughed out loud at Deb. Carl later thanked Brian for not kicking her out and letting her figure it out on her own. Michael would always be her son and nobody hated Deb for still loving him, at least a part of her still loved him.

 

Mel had only just reconnected with her ex girlfriend Leda romantically. After breaking up with Lindsay, she stayed single to focus on the children, her career and herself. Mel had soon lost the bitching attitude that she had developed during her years with Lindsay over their issues with finances, jealousy and more. Even Brian had noticed the change in Mel and was pleased to meet the real Melanie Marcus. It had come as a surprise to everyone that the two of them became very close friends. Well, except for Justin of course.

 

Justin, the man Brian loved more than anyone else. The blonde artist was the rock that Brian had needed and secretly wished for. Gone were the days of insecurity and self destruction. The mask in form of the fuck machine without feelings was left behind and not missed by Brian. The ad ex felt alive and appreciated as a man and husband, father and friend. 

 

He laughed out loud when he remembered how Michael found out about Justin. There really were consequences for snooping around.

 

FIN

 

Chapter End Notes:

Thank you all for your lovely and encouraging reviews. This was the last chapter but I hope I'll soon be having some time to work on my other ideas and stories I've started to write aready.

 

Let me just tell you how much I appreciate you sticking with this story, waiting patiently for updates. I hope you have enjoyed the ride.


Sandy xoxo

The End.
SandyGale is the author of 15 other stories.
This story is a favorite of 9 members. Members who liked Consequences - And so it Begins... also liked 357 other stories.
This story is part of the series, Consequences. The previous story in the series is Consequences - Laughter and Joy.