- Text Size +
Author's Chapter Notes:

The arrest and having family and true friends.

THURSDAY - LIBERTY BANK

 


“Do you have the money?” Michael whispered, for once not wanting to bring attention to himself and Lindsay.

 

“Yes, do you?” Lindsay whispered back.

 

“Perfect! Let’s get out of here. Won’t Mel notice so much money is missing?” He wondered.

 

“It’s my own money, Michael. Mel surely would ask too many questions. I always put a little aside for myself from Gus’ support money. Brian used to be so generous but that changed when that blonde upstart came into his life.” The blonde woman muttered angrily, full of jealousy and hatred towards Brian’s one true love.

 

“So true. Brian would have never treated us so badly before him. I can’t wait to get rid of the intruder. Brian will be back to OUR Brian in no time and things will be normal again.” Michael said with a dreamy expression.

 

“That bastard isn’t the only one we need to get rid off, Michael. Remember the baby? Gus is Brian’s only child and has to remain that.” Lindsay explained to him. “It really isn’t fair for my lambskin to share his father with the blonde’s bastard.” She continued.

 

“And how do we do that, Linds? We can’t have a child killed, that’s too crass even for us. Maybe we could send it to another country, you know have it kidnapped or something like that.” He mused and Lindsay nodded in agreement.

 

“Something like that, yes. We’ll talk to Cody and see if he can recommend someone. We can’t hire the same guy twice, it’s not done.” She said.

 

The two continued to plan on the way back to their hotel. Neither noticed the disgusted looks from bypassers.

 

 


 

 

SAME DAY - PITTSBURGH COURT HOUSE

 

Melanie was nervously checking her papers again. She had done it six times already but she didn’t care. Everything had to be perfect for Friday. Cody was ready, as were the police officers and FBI agents. Soon the family would be free of Lindsay and Michael.

 

It was still hard for her to understand Lindsay’s part in that mess. Michael wasn’t a problem for her because she always saw him as a tantrum throwing, childish and selfish asshole. Yes, she used to call Brian a selfish asshole, too but he was different. Brian had always been independent and he had worked hard for the money and success he had. Brian was self-made. Michael wasn’t like that at all. Selfish yes but not in the same way as Brian. Michael wanted everything and everyone to be there for him, to only pay attention to him. He was as entitled as Lindsay, neither wanted to work for the things they wanted.

 

Mel knew all of that about Michael when she asked him to father her child. But she had hoped that Michael would grow up the same way Brian did. It didn’t happen over night. It was a rather slow progress that allowed Brian and Mel herself to accept Gus and love him.

 

Deep down Mel always knew that Brian wasn’t really her problem. She did hate his arrogance, self confidence and she was jealous of his success but she also realized early on that none of these things really defined Brian. He used those characteristics to hide his insecurities and hurt, his true emotions. The biggest problem was Lindsay’s love for the brunette. Mel knew that if Brian were to offer Lindsay marriage she would leave her in a heartbeat without hesitating and it killed her. But instead of laying the blame at Lindsay’s feet, where it belonged, she blamed Brian. She also knew that Lindsay enjoyed the fights between her wife and best friend. It made her feel important and loved.

 

She would never admitted it to anyone but she didn’t hate Brian. She was actually proud of him for not bullshitting around like most members of the gang. He never saw the need to have meaningful relationships with the men he fucked because they didn’t interest him. But when he met Justin he allowed himself to fall in love and be loved in return. Freely, without strings attached. Brian and Justin had that kind of love that made a person stronger and better. The respect and admiration had been so easy to see as well as the sexual attraction. She wanted that for herself one day. For her life after Lindsay.

 

She was aware that thinking of her future without Lindsay should hurt but it didn’t. All that Mel cared about at this point were Gus and Jenny. It was her biggest worry, how would her two children cope with the loss of their mother? They would still have Mel, their fathers and the family but there was a time when Lindsay was a good mom to both of them. Before she realized that Brian had a life in which she wasn’t his biggest priority.

 

It was Justin who had reassured the lawyer that they were doing the right thing. Lindsay could’nt go back to being the mother she once was after wanting to kill someone. It was impossible and Mel knew she wouldn’t be able to ever trust her again around the children. So when Justin had suggested to explain the situation to their children after Lindsay and Michael were arrested she had to agree. They had worked out a way to make sure Gus and Jenny would understand it without traumatising the two of them. She only hoped it would all end tomorrow so Lindsay and Michael could never hurt anyone again. Especially the children.

 

 


 

 

FRIDAY MORNING - TED & BLAKE’S HOUSE


The lovers were restless through the night. Too much was going to happen today. Gus and Jenny would lose Lindsay and Michael, their parents. Brian was going to lose his two oldest friends, Mel would lose her wife and Ben his husband. Debbie would lose her only son. The rest of the gang would lose friends.

 

 

Ted and Cynthia had promised Brian to handle everything at Kinnetik so he could be with his family. The uneasy feeling in their stomachs wouldn’t leave for many hours tho. It was a game of waiting… waiting for the meeting, for the arrest, the call that it was over. And then, Ted was sure of it, waiting for the excuses Michael and Lindsay would come up with. Ted was disgusted by their plan to have Justin killed only because Brian loved the young man.

 

He still couldn’t stop the chuckle that escaped his lips when he thought back to when Brian and Justin had explained to Craig and Jennifer what Lindsay and Michael were up to. Jennifer had started crying and cursing at the same time but Craig had stood up, walked towards his son and Brian and sat down between them. Ted wasn’t able to hear what the business owner had said but he had seen Brian’s expressions. It had changed from being scared to relieved and grateful. Ted knew that Brian was blaming himself already. And the ad ex was so sure that his parents in law would blame him, too for bringing insane people in their son’s life. That both Craig and Jennifer had reacted the way they did - angry, sad and hurt for Justin AND Brian - was exactly what Brian needed to finally see that he wasn’t to blame for the actions of his former friends.

 

Blake was worried about Deb’s reaction the most. He knew that Deb loved all of her lost boys but Michael was her son first and foremost. The waitress had surprised everyone by exploding with rage and fear for Justin’s safety and Brian’s peace of mind. She had questioned her own mother qualities and admitted that she had messed up a lot in raising Michael but she would have never imagined for Michael to become so spiteful and hate-driven to plan a murder. She had begged Carl to arrest Michael right away, before anyone could get hurt. When she had finally realized that Michael would be arrested and going to jail, she had cried for the son she had raised but rightfully put the blame on the man he had become. And Deb had promised that she wouldn’t  support or help her son. Everyone in the gang was relieved to know they’d still have her love and support.

 

 


 

LIBERTY PARK

 

“You got the money?” Cody asked the two idiots in front of him. He had hoped they’d change their minds.

 

“Yes, we do. Here it is along with the information and photos of Justin Taylor.” Michael said while handing the bag with the money to Cody.

 

“We still have a question tho. Can you recommend anyone who’s specialised in kidnapping children and babies?” Lindsay asked.

 

“Huh?” Cody stuttered. They couldn’t be talking about Gus and Jenny… or Brian and Justin’s baby, right?

 

“You see, the bastard managed to manipulate Brian into having a child with him. The child needs to go away.” Lindsay explained while Michael nodded in agreement.

 

“Okay you know what? Fuck off.” Cody said and winked for his collegues. Michael and Lindsay were shocked to see agents from the FBI approaching them with their guns raised.

 

“Lindsay Peterson and Michael Novotny, you’re under arrest.” Was yelled by one of the agents.


“FUCK!” Was all Lindsay and Michael could say, at the same time.

 

TBC

 

 

 

 

Chapter End Notes:

All the awards go to my awesome beta Loahisi!