- Text Size +
Author's Chapter Notes:

Updates about the trials :)

MICHAEL’S TRIAL

 

Michael had cried and explained but not once did he apologize to anyone. Neither the judge nor the jury had any sympathetic feelings to spare for him. Debbie was the only one to actually cry during the three days trial and when the verdict had been announced. Michael had been sure that his mother’s resolve would weaken and break but it never did. She was crying for the boy she raised and loved, not the man who was facing jail time.

 

Brian had been quiet most of the time, listening to Michael’s ramblings and never letting go of Justin’s hand. Every now and then he could feel his husband squeezing his hand gently. A gesture so simple brought a small smile to his face and made him feel loved.

 

Most of the family enjoyed Michael’s shocked expression when David Cameron was called in to give his testimony. It got worse when the doctor joined Ben, Hunter and Hank when he was finished. Michael watched the family with rage in his eyes. Why the man was so upset was a guess for everyone since he, and he alone, was responsible for his marriage failing. 

 

The family had appeared united. Brian, Ted and Emmett as well as Debbie were key witnesses. Carl, Drew and Blake had been questioned about their personal view and experiences with Michael, too. Mel used her questioning to give a detailed report about Michael’s father qualities. Justin’s had been the shortest and quickest out of every questioning. Cody’s had been rather quick as well since the prosecutors had used the recordings and there hadn’t been anything Michael could have said to use as an excuse. The judge took his time to talk to Jenny Rebecca in a different and private chamber with Mel, her lawyers and the prosecution present. When the judge went back to the courtroom, he had to wipe away some tears that he couldn’t stop from falling. Jenny’s innocent charme and wonder had taken him by surprise and left him in awe of the little child. 

 

It had only taken the jury close to an hour to come to the verdict: guilty on all charges!

 

Michael had appeared devastated at first, then he became angry and frustrated. Pretty soon everyone in the courtroom had become irritated by Michael’s yelling, begging and swearing. When two officers had failed in removing him from court, three more officers were called to help so it took five men to get the comic geek out of the courtroom. But Michael wouldn’t go out silently. He yelled proclamations of love to Brian mixed with threats to Justin and his former friends and family. 

 

When the trial was over, the family went to Brian and Justin’s home where Craig, Jennifer and Molly had prepared a big lunch while taking care of the children. Around ten in the evening, Brian had declared a sleepover and the family celebrated until the early morning light.

 

Daphne would be finally joining the family after Lindsay’s trial. Brian had hoped for the blonde’s trial to be finished as quick as Michael’s. He wanted Daphne to be with them in the last phase of her pregnancy. 

 


LINDSAY’S TRIAL

 

The trial for the blonde took a day longer than Michael’s. Her parents and sister were called to testify against her along with the gang and the artist Sam Auerbach. Ron and Nancy Peterson had described in detail how Lindsay had always behaved possessively. Linette, Lindsay’s sister, added that she had issues with jealousy, greed and selfishness early on. Sam explained his affair with the blonde and how she was laughing about her wife’s lack of knowledge. The judge even left the courtroom to talk to Gus for almost thirty minutes. Brian and Mel as well as their lawyers and prosecution were within the room and made sure that Gus was able to speak freely.

 

Once again, everyone was met with excuses and explanations but no guilt or regret. Lindsay had more than once implied that Justin was trying to replace her in Brian and Gus’s lives. When asked how a man was supposed to replace a mother, she stayed quiet. During his testimony, Justin addressed Lindsay directly about Gus and made it clear that to him, it seemed that the adorable little boy has lost his birth mother the moment she found out about Brian’s marriage. Justin explained how he had tried to befriend both her and Michael at the Liberty Diner with the help of Emmett but was met with jealousy and hatred. 

 

Brian’s testimony had been disturbed on more than one occasion by none other than Lindsay herself. But the blonde wanna-be artist failed in her attempts to manipulate not only Brian but also the judge and the jury. She was met by contempt and angry glares from everyone except from her court appointed lawyer. The poor guy didn’t really have the time to recovery from representing Michael a couple of days before. After the trial was over and Lindsay sentenced, Ben and Drew actually found the man at the bar in Woody’s, trying and succeeding to drown their voices and his dislike of the gruesome duo in alcohol. Although the two only came to have a drink while waiting for the chinese restaurant across the street to finish the order for the entire gang that Craig had ordered earlier that day for a big dinner, they had decided to join the poor lawyer and help him to exorcise his demons.

 

An hour later, the two were on the way back to Britin with the food and a taxi bill. Jennifer couldn’t stop laughing when she had found Ben and Drew drunkenly trying to make their way from the taxi to the door. The two were put to bed in their respective guest rooms. 

 

Jennifer, Debbie and Emmett had prepared some salads for the family while Brian and Justin went to pick up Daphne from the airport. Cody had stayed at Britin for the time of the trials and was invited to stay a little longer. Because of his job he hardly had the time to visit his relatives in Pittsburgh and therefore accepted the invitation happily.

 

The family, minus Ben and Drew, was enjoying the delicious dinner with champagne and wine. Hunter developed a little crush on Daphne and couldn’t stop staring at the dark haired beauty. The horny teenager also inserted Daphne’s pretty mouth and lips into most conversations, much to the amusement of the adults. He was heartbroken when Daphne told him he was too young for her. David and Hank had a great time with the family, too.

 

Craig and Jennifer offered them their guest house for as long as they needed. Ben and Hunter were welcome to move in with them as well. David thanked them but wanted to talk to Ben first. The four of them would make a decision as a family after talking and thinking about it. 

 

In the end, the family celebrated that Michael and Lindsay were found guitly on all charges and were sentenced to life imprisonment for attempted murder, kidnapping and child neglect.

 

TBC

 

 

Chapter End Notes:

So sorry for the long break! Life's been a real rollercoaster lately. So many surgeries for family members, so many appointments, so much stress and hardly any time for my online life. The good thing is that the final chapter is done and ready to be posted, too so it won't take forever until you folks get the happy ending :)

Thank you for sticking with me and Loahisi.