- Text Size +
Story Notes:

 

Many thanks to Sterling Dragonfly for her great beta work.




Wild Child


Chapter 1


Brian grabbed the blond hair and pulled back as he thrust forward. He was almost there as he leaned over the slim body that he was pounding into. With a bite to the shoulder and a roar of release he shot his load into the condom. He jerked forward a few more times before rolling away and flopping onto his back.


"That was great!"


"Yeah," Brian replied flatly before he looked over into the eager brown eyes that looked back at him.


"For an old guy you ain't half bad."


"For a young idiot, you ain't halfway intelligent. Get out!"


"What? What the fuck?"


"You heard me. Get the fuck out," Brian barked.


"Shit! They all said you were a fucking asshole."


"You should listen to your peers," Brian snarked.


"Fuck you!" the trick reacted as he zipped his jeans and grabbed his shirt.


"Close the door behind you."


"Goddam fucking bastard!"


Brian heard the door slam and wondered if it had come off its track. He should get up and lock it, but he didn't feel like moving. He reached for a cigarette and lit it. Lying on his back and staring at the ceiling, he blew lazy smoke circles watching them rise and swirl and then disappear.


He heaved a sigh and pushed himself off the bed. He made his way naked down to the bar cart and poured himself a hefty glass of Beam. The liquor bit at his throat and then spread heat through his gut. He carried his glass over to the entrance to the loft noting that the battered metal door hadn't fallen off its track. He locked it and carried his drink over to his new white sofa and sat down wearily. Was this the fifth or sixth version of a white sofa he had had at the loft? He shook his head at the thought.


He had picked up tonight's trick at Babylon and had decided he might be a worthy fuck. He should have tried him out in the backroom first. He was mediocre at best. Again Brian shook his head. All of them were mediocre these days. Everything was mediocre.


Brian took another slug of the Beam. He glanced at the clock with a shiver. It was after two. He really should get some sleep but he didn't feel sleepy. In fact he slept very little these days. He stood and went back for a refill on his Beam. He carried it up to the bedroom where he flopped down on the bed and threw the duvet over himself. He propped some pillows behind his back and sipped at his Beam.


It was going to be another long night by the looks of it. Brian finished his Beam, closed his eyes and tried to empty his mind. Suddenly there was Justin's face clearly in front of him. Justin was smiling one of his patented sunshine smiles. Brian grinned back. He could feel himself growing hard. Why couldn't that guy he had just fucked have the same effect on him? Why did they all pale in comparison?


Brian opened his eyes and glanced over at the clock. It was a little after three. He wondered if he had been dreaming, which would have meant that he was asleep or if he had merely conjured the image with his conscious mind. He reached under the duvet and started to stroke himself remembering that look on Justin's face. It didn't take long for him to get off. Justin always had that effect on him.


Grabbing some tissues from the nightstand he cleaned himself up. He flopped back against the pillows and shook his head. It was pretty pathetic to be jerking off when you were forty-two years old. He should never have gotten this old. He should have ended it ages ago. And he would have, except that he was such a coward.


He remembered the scarfing incident, all those years ago. He should have died that night. He would have died with a smile on his face and a boner in his hand. It would have been the perfect ending for Brian fucking Kinney. Except for Mikey. Fucking Mikey had saved him, had told him he would always be young and beautiful. Why couldn't fucking Michael Novotny mind his own fucking business?


And where was Mikey tonight when he fucking needed him? He was at home with his husband in fucking Buffalo playing sweet little Stepford Wives with the other fag couples they had met up there. Ben had been offered head of gay studies at a university in Buffalo about four years ago. So Michael and Ben had packed up and left. Their main reason, aside from the promotion for Ben, was that they would be closer to Toronto and therefore, closer to Jenny Rebecca. Michael had sold the comic book store in Pittsburgh making a nice profit, and had then opened one in Buffalo. It seemed there were enough comic book geeks up there to keep him in business. How the two men endured the fucking winters there was a whole other issue.


Brian picked up the cordless phone that lay beside his bed. His thumb played with the keypad. He could call Michael. He'd like to talk to him, but it was so late. He and Ben would be asleep and Ben certainly wouldn't approve of his timing. Brian could remember the good old days when he could call Michael any time of the day or night, and he always knew for certain that Michael would be there for him. Michael would be available to talk or to come over to do whatever Brian wanted, even if he had to kidnap Michael to do it.


Brian chuckled to himself. He remembered that underwear party where he had kidnapped Michael outside his store. He had led him to believe that they were going to Debbie's when he had actually been taking his best friend to the party. He had even bought new underwear for Michael. Michael had watched as Brian had played with that guy in the skimpy bikini. The lust in his eyes was evident, but Michael had refused to play. Instead he wanted to go home to Ben. That should have been Brian's first clue about how much everything had changed.


Change! He could fucking do without it!


Brian got up and threw on some jeans and a shirt. He grabbed his keys from the counter and headed out of the loft. A few minutes later he pulled up in front of Babylon. It was almost four a.m., the time the place would close. He got out of the car and walked to the entrance.


"Mr. Kinney," the security guy said.


"Ambrose," Brian nodded at the man as he passed by.


Entering the club Brian could hear the thumpa thumpa right away. The place wasn't packed anymore, since a lot of the crowd would have left to go fuck or sleep or eat. Brian made his way up to the office on the second floor. His manager, Dane, was still there counting some money.


"Good take tonight?" Brian asked as he slid into the chair next to the man.


"Yeah," Dane said with a frown. "What are you doing here at this time of night?"


"Don't you mean this time of the morning?" Brian asked tongue in cheek.


Dane chuckled. "I stand corrected, but you didn't answer my question. Checking up on me?"


"You never know," Brian replied ambiguously. Dane gave him a look but said nothing more. Brian knew that Dane was trustworthy. He had gone through a lot of managers before he found Dane. However, it didn't hurt to keep Dane on his toes. "Anybody left in the backroom?"


"I thought I saw you leave with somebody," Dane observed.


"I did. Is there anybody left in the backroom?" Brian repeated.


Dane raised an eyebrow. "There are a few guys, some of the regulars."


Brian made a face. "Is that all?"


"Why don't you go check it out? I can look after this."


"I know you can," Brian said. He squeezed Dane's shoulder as he stood up and made his way back down to the first floor. There were still some guys dancing, a few looking pretty spacey. The drug use at Babylon would never change.


The entry to the backroom was very familiar to Brian. He passed down the narrow hallway feeling the first smells of sex and men assault his senses. He breathed deeply. At the first corner he turned and glanced over seeing a familiar body, face pressed against the wall.


"Hey Todd, how's it going?"


"Good," Todd replied as he continued to get his ass plowed by the guy behind him.


Brian moved on looking at each pairing or group of men. He had had all of them. There was nothing to draw his attention … until…


Up ahead he saw a blond head. It looked familiar. Brian moved in that direction. As he drew closer he could see that the blond head belonged to a guy in his late twenties. He was leaning against the wall watching some of the nearby activities. He perked up when he saw Brian.


Brian leaned against the wall across the room from the blond. He locked eyes with the guy for a minute. The guy smiled back at him. Brian cocked his head and the guy moved towards him.


"Hey," the blond said as he drew near.


"Hey."


"Aren't you the owner of this place?" Brian nodded. "I've heard of you."


"I'm rather well known on Liberty Avenue," Brian smirked.


"I hear you're a great fuck."


Brian smirked some more. "Want to find out?"


The guy nodded and leaned into Brian for a kiss. Brian hesitated for a fraction of a second before capturing the man's lips with his own. They battled with tongues and lips and spit until they were both breathless. Brian had to admit that was one of the better kisses he had had in a long time.


"You're a good kisser, man," the blond declared.


"Yeah, you ready to take it up the ass?"


"So much for foreplay," the blond laughed. "I'm horny as hell and you're the best looking thing I've seen all night."


"Turn around and drop your pants," Brian ordered his eyes going dark with lust.


The blond obeyed as Brian freed his stiff member from the confines of his jeans. The kiss had got him ready for this. Brian hoped this blond would be better than the evening's earlier man of the blond persuasion.


The guy was looking over his shoulder as Brian suited up his dick. He liked what he saw. With a little smile he watched Brian pull out a tube of lube and slather it on his dick. Unceremoniously he squirted some up the trick's ass.


"Hey," the guy objected. "You could warn a guy. You been keeping that stuff in the freezer?"


Brian chuckled. This blond had a sense of humor. He liked that. As a result he shoved one finger up the guy's ass eliciting a grateful grunt. He finger fucked the guy a few times and then added another finger. That produced another grunt of satisfaction.


"Think you're ready for this?" Brian asked as he held his dick ready for insertion.


The blond looked over his shoulder and nodded. Brian rubbed the tip of his cock around the twitching pucker. He found the right spot and pressed in. The blond rose up on his toes and let out a groan. Brian stopped and gave the guy a chance to breathe and get used to his size.


"God, you're big," the blond said.


"Can you take it?"


The blond nodded giving Brian permission to proceed. He thrust forward getting another few inches in. The guy rested his head on the wall and panted, moaning slightly. Brian waited until his breathing normalized and then drove the rest of the way in.


"Fucking shit!" the guy gasped.


Brian began to thrust and after a minute or two he felt the blond bend forward giving him greater access. The guy met each thrust and seemed to want more. Brian smiled to himself. This was more like it, not like that useless piece of shit he had been with earlier.


"Oh God, yes!" the guy called out. "Harder, shit, harder, right there. Oh fuck!"


Brian drove home again and again. He could feel the prickling of impending orgasm and he reached in front of the guy and jacked him off. They both came with very satisfying orgasms.


Brian realized he was leaning against the trick who was pinned to the wall. He withdrew from the guy and shed the condom.


The guy turned around and leaned back against the wall. "That was great."


"Aren't you going to add 'for an old guy'?" Brian asked sarcastically.


"Hell no! I haven't had a fuck like that from anybody of any age in a long time."


"I was just thinking the same thing," Brian smirked. "Nice fucking you." He buttoned his jeans and made to move away.


"Hey," the blond said. "If you ever want to do that again, here's my number."


Brian was about to tell him that he never did repeats when the thought struck him that he had had a helluva time finding anyone one tenth as good as this guy. He reached for the card. He might decide to use it.


"My name's Greg, by the way."


"Brian."


"I know."


Brian smirked and turned to go. "Gentlemen, the club will be closing momentarily, so hurry up and come."


He walked away amidst a chorus of protests.


+++++


By the time Brian left Babylon, the sun was starting to peek over the rooftops. He decided to go to Kinnetik and take a shower there. He always kept a spare suit in the closet of his office in case he needed to change. He knew there was no hope of sleep and he might as well get some work done since he was up.


As he stripped to get in the shower at the office Brian felt the card that he had jammed in his jeans pocket. He pulled it out and read the front of it. It indicated that his most recent trick was one Gregory Fernley, an attorney. Brian smirked as he put the card back in the pocket of his jeans. This one was definitely a cut above the average in every way. He just might give the guy a call.


When the staff of Kinnetik started to arrive some time later, they all noticed that the boss was already behind his desk working away. Ted came in just before nine. He stepped into Brian's office and handed him the financial projections that he had been working on.


"These look good, Theodore."


"Thanks to those three multi-million dollar accounts you brought in last month Kinnetik's future looks rosy."


"Thank you, Mr. Chief Financial Officer," Brian said with his tongue in cheek.


"I appreciate the promotion, Bri," Ted smiled. He had just assumed that position a few weeks ago.


"I'm sure you do. In fact, I have a new idea. What do you think of Kinnetik expanding?"


"Expanding? You mean a new branch?" Brian nodded. "Where? When?"


"I don't know yet. I thought maybe you could look into that for me. See if it's financially feasible."


"Will do."


Brian nodded and went back to what he was working on as Ted left the office. He wondered if Cynthia was in yet. He wanted to run that idea past her. As junior partner in Kinnetik, he valued her input. She would run one of the branches if they decided to go with the expansion.


Brian had some meetings scheduled in the morning and a lunch meeting with a client. By the afternoon he was really starting to drag considering that he had had no sleep the night before.


In the middle of the afternoon his phone rang. With a sigh he picked it up.


"There's some woman on line one who insists on talking to you," his secretary said.


"Did she give her name?"


"No, she sounded kind of frantic and insisted you would take her call."


"Put her on," Brian said rubbing his eyes. He wondered if it was one of his new clients having second thoughts or Debbie or his fucking sister.


When they were connected, Brian said rather impatiently, "Brian Kinney,"


"Brian?" a hesitant female voice responded.


"Who is this?" Brian frowned. The voice sounded slightly familiar.


"It's Lindsay."


"Lindsay? What the fuck? Did something happen to Gus?"


"No, not exactly."


"Then what are you calling for?"


"Something is wrong."


"Will you fucking stop talking in riddles and tell me why you're calling, after … what is it … five years?" Brian said sarcastically. He was pissed.


"Brian, I need you to come to Toronto."


"And why the fuck would I do that after you so kindly shut me out of your lives?" Brian spat at her.


"I need you," Lindsay managed to get out as she tried to stifle a sob.


"Is Melanie dead?" Brian asked thinking that must be why Lindsay was so upset.


"Jesus, Brian! No, she's not. This is about Gus."


"I thought you said he was okay." Brian ran his hand through his hair.


"He's okay physically, but he needs his father."


"After five years he suddenly needs me? You've got to be fucking kidding me."


"Brian, I don't want to do this over the phone. Can you please come here?"


"Why don't you come to Pittsburgh?"


"I … I don't have the money," Lindsay admitted. "Please, Brian, just come as soon as you can. I'm begging you."


Brian could hear the desperation in Lindsay's voice. "Okay, I'll try to get a flight tonight, but this better be important."


"It is. Here's our address," Lindsay said as Brian wrote it on a piece of paper. "Thank you for doing this."


The line went dead before Brian could say anything more. He hung up the phone and leaned back in his chair. He wondered what the fuck was going on and what would prompt Lindsay to call him after all this time. She had sounded … worried and desperate.


With a sigh Brian buzzed his secretary. "Arlene, get me a ticket on a flight to Toronto tonight."


"Yes, sir. Return?"


"One way. I'll make arrangements when I'm ready to come back."


"Yes, sir."


"Oh, and Arlene, see if either Ted or Cynthia are available. If they are I need to see them right away."


"I'll check on that. Anything else?"


"No, that's all."


Brian sighed again. Arlene was extremely efficient and he could never fault her work, but he missed having Cynthia as his assistant. She could always read his mind about what he wanted or needed. They had made a great team, and still did, just in a different way.


A few minutes later Ted and Cynthia stood before him.


"What's up?" Cynthia asked.


"I'm going out of town for a few days."


"Oh?"


Brian remained silent. "Care to tell your lowly staff where you're going and why?" Ted asked.


"You're hardly my lowly staff. I expect you to run things while I'm gone. Make that 'run things … efficiently'," Brian added.


"Is this a business trip?" Cynthia asked. "A new secret client that you're cultivating?"


"It's personal."


Ted gave Cynthia a look.


"No, I am not going to the White Party or on a week long fuckfest. Suffice it to say, that I'll be back as soon as I can."


"Yes, Boss," Cynthia laughed. She had years of experience with this type of thing where Brian was concerned. She knew better than to ask what it was about. If Brian wanted them to know, he'd tell them. "The company will be here when you get back."


"I'm counting on that. Now, get back to work. I'll be leaving in a few minutes."

 

Cynthia and Ted made their way out of his office. Brian knew they would be speculating about where he was going. Maybe he should have told them, but he didn't really know what the fuck he was getting himself into. How could he explain to them? With a sigh and a yawn he cleared his desk. He needed to go home and pack.