- Text Size +

Wild Child


Chapter 10


Gus worked on the pages that Brian had brought home from Bramley Hall. He was sitting at the kitchen table and Mrs. Hadley was in the process of making them lunch.


"You should ask your father for a proper desk where you can do your work," she said thoughtfully while she buttered bread for sandwiches.


Gus chuckled ruefully. 'Like he was going to be there long enough to need one,' he thought to himself. "Yeah, I'll be sure to ask," he said aloud.


Gus had debated refusing to do the assignments his father had given him, but then he decided that he really didn't want to antagonize Brian. He hadn't been sent away yet, and it looked like his father was prepared to keep him there if he could get into this school. So, instead of sabotaging his chances of getting into Bramley Hall, Gus was actually working very hard to do the assignments carefully and correctly. He figured he owed his father, and himself, that much.


"Lunch is almost ready," Mrs. Hadley said. "Clear off your papers and go find your father."


"He's in the library," Gus said as he gathered up his work. "Do you know he sleeps in there some nights?"


"Yes, I know. A few times I've found him sleeping there in the morning."


"At least he gets some sleep then."


Gus went to find his father. He heard him on the phone in the library.


"Greg, please reconsider. I need to be here for Gus. Just think about coming out here tonight … or I could come and get you … You'd like Gus, I know you would … Call me back when you decide."


Then all was silence. Brian must have hung up the phone. Gus stepped through the doorway. "Why don't you go to Pittsburgh if he's that important to you?" Gus demanded. "Lunch is ready, but I'm not hungry."


Gus turned around and ran up to his room.


"Fuck!" Brian reacted. He got up and followed his son upstairs. When he opened the door to Gus' room he saw Gus lying on the bed with his face buried in his pillow. He hadn't meant for Gus to hear that phone call. It was just that he hadn't seen Greg for a couple of days and he really needed the man. Brian hesitated not sure what to say to his son.


"Gus?"


"Go away!"


Brian looked around trying to find inspiration about what to say to his son. He noticed the pile of papers that had been thrown against the wall apparently when Gus had entered his room. Brian knew these were the assignments for Bramley Hall. He started picking up the papers realizing that Gus had already made a good start on getting them completed. He started to read one page. It was an essay about why he wanted to go to Bramley Hall.


"I want to make my father proud of me," was the first sentence. Brian blinked hard. He didn't want to cry, but those words really hit his heart.


"Gus, please talk to me," Brian said softly.


"No!" Gus' face remained hidden in his pillow.


"Gus, tell me what's wrong."


"No."


"Please!"


Gus raised his head and looked at his father. He couldn't remember ever hearing his father beg like that. Brian's face was full of pain. "I heard you talking to him. He's more important to you than I am, so go away. Be with him." Gus stuck his face back in his pillow to hide his tears.


"Gus, nobody is more important to me than you," Brian stated.


"Liar! You never come home anymore. You're always in Pittsburgh and I know you're with him."


Brian felt like he had been kicked in the gut. Gus was telling him exactly what he didn't want to hear, but it was also the truth. "I have been spending a lot of time with Greg," Brian admitted, "but that doesn't mean I don't love you."


"That's why I haven't seen you for days, right?" Gus asked sarcastically his words muffled by the pillow.


"Gus, let me explain. I … haven't found anybody since… I haven't been able… I just found Greg and I really like him. He likes me too." Brian stopped not knowing how to explain this any better to a twelve almost thirteen year old.


"What about Justin?" Gus' voice asked from the depths of the pillow.


"What about him?"


"I … I thought you loved Justin. You still have all those pictures of him … and the paintings."


"Justin is gone. I … I'm trying to make something with Greg."


"But what if Justin came back?"


"Enough about Justin! He's not coming back."


"But…"


"Gus, I love you. I truly do. I want you to get a good education and have a good life. I can see how much you've already done on these assignments. I'm … proud of you."


"No, you're not!" Gus said tears returning to his eyes. "I'm a screw-up. I ruin everything and this won't be any different."


"It can be different if we work together," Brian said venturing the few steps to Gus' bed and sitting on the edge next to his son. "I'm willing to give it a shot if you are."


"But what about Greg?"


"I'd like you to meet him. He's come to mean … something to me."


"I heard you on the phone. He doesn't want to meet me, does he?"


"He doesn't know you, Gus. The whole family thing is a little overwhelming for him."


"How young is he?"


"Younger than me."


"As young as Justin?"


"Um … probably. Why?"


"No reason."


"If I can get him to come here, will you give him a chance?"


Gus hesitated. Everything he had heard about this guy didn't make him want to meet him. However, Gus knew his father was giving him a chance so maybe he should do the same thing for this Greg. "Okay."


Brian smiled. "Thank you, Gus. Let's go get some lunch, and maybe I can talk Greg into coming out for a swim later today."


Gus was about to say something rude, but he bit his tongue. "Okay."


Brian put his arm around Gus' shoulders and pulled him into a hug. He felt the rigidity of Gus' body but he held on anyway. Gus finally relaxed into the hug.


"It's you and me against the world," Brian whispered.


'And Greg,' Gus thought to himself.


Lunch was pretty silent but they managed to get through it. Gus went up to his room afterwards to work on his assignments. Brian was waiting for Greg to arrive. The man had promised to come as soon as he could get away. Brian wanted him to like the house and most of all to like Gus.


Late in the afternoon a Mazda Miata pulled into the drive at Britin. Brian was out the door immediately to meet Greg. He pulled the man into a long, burning kiss.


Gus watched from one of the bedrooms upstairs. He had been sitting in there working on his assignments. He would have preferred to be in the study off the master bedroom with its comfortable window seat. But Gus wanted to get a look at this Greg before he had to meet him. He figured if he stayed in the bedroom next to his father's he could work on the floor and he would hear any car that pulled in.


Gus watched the kiss and saw the smile on Brian's face when he finally released this man. The kiss didn't bother Gus as much as the look on Greg's face. He seemed to be very impressed with the mansion. He was looking around and taking it all in while he pretended to listen to Brian. Gus frowned. He had seen kids at school do the same thing. It usually meant they wanted whatever they were looking at. Sometimes they beat up the person who had what they wanted, and then they took the treasure. Gus shuddered as he wondered what Greg would do to get what he wanted.


Suddenly Gus heard his father calling his name. He gathered up his papers and called out, "Coming." He dropped his work off in his room before heading downstairs.


"Gus, I want you to meet Greg Fernley," Brian said as Gus came down the stairs.


"Hello, Gus," Greg said, but he didn't hold out his hand for Gus to shake.


"Hi," Gus replied as he watched Greg carefully.


Greg seemed to understand what Gus was doing and he raised an eyebrow. Gus had no doubt that they understood each other. Greg didn't seem to like that fact very much.


"I thought we could go for a swim before dinner," Brian said not seeming to pick up on the tense vibes passing between his son and his lover. "Did you bring your suit?"


"I was hoping I might not need one, but I brought it anyway," Greg laughed.


Brian frowned. That was hardly an appropriate thing to say in front of Gus. "But you do have one?" Brian asked again. Greg nodded.


"I don't have to swim," Gus said. "I could work on my assignments."


"I want you two to get to know each other," Brian said. "Let's all get changed." He gave Gus a look saying that he didn't want any argument.


Gus walked back upstairs and went into his room. As he closed his door, he saw his father push Greg into the bedroom across the hall. Gus wondered how long he'd have to wait for them to come out. He shook his head not wanting to think about what they might be doing. He changed into his swimsuit and ran downstairs diving into the pool as quickly as he could. Maybe he could tire himself out and be able to go back upstairs when the two men came down. He swam laps back and forth, back and forth, for a long time before Brian and Greg put in an appearance.


They both looked very satisfied with themselves as they walked out onto the deck of the pool with their skimpy bathing suits. Gus noticed that his father had a hand on Greg's back in a very familiar manner. His dislike for Greg grew even larger. He didn't think this guy really appreciated his father.


"Hey, Gus, wasn't it?" Greg asked as he sat down on the side of the pool.


Gus looked up and nodded. How dense was this guy! Gus had heard his name used at least five times. Greg had heard the same. Couldn't the guy even remember it for a few minutes? It only told Gus that Greg didn't want to know his name, didn't want anything to do with him, wished he wasn't there.


Brian dove into the pool. He swam up behind Gus and dunked him under the water.


"Hey," Gus sputtered as he came up for air. He skimmed his hand across the water and drenched his father.


"You're going to pay for that, Sonny Boy," Brian laughed as he made a grab for Gus.


Gus backed away and grabbed for the side of the pool. As he did, he caught Greg's foot and pulled it down with him. Greg tumbled unceremoniously into the water. He came up coughing and cursing.


"Fuck!" was the first word out of Greg's mouth. "I didn't come here to be drowned. I'm really not much of a swimmer," he said as he hauled himself out of the water. He wasn't even actually in the deep end.


"Are you all right?" Brian asked getting out and following Greg away from the pool.


"I could have hit my head and been knocked unconscious," Greg griped as he grabbed a towel and wiped himself off.


Gus snorted to himself from the deep end of the pool where he was treading water and watching what was happening between his father and this man.


"I'm sorry, Greg," Brian was saying. "It was an accident."


"I don't think your kid likes me. He deliberately pulled me in."


"I'm sure that's not the case. Gus, apologize," Brian said, turning back to Gus.


"I didn't mean to do it," Gus said grudgingly. He almost wished he had thrown Greg in deliberately.


"That's not a very good apology," Brian stated.


"I … I'm sorry." Gus could see Greg's smirk behind his father's back. At that moment Gus truly hated this new man in his father's life.


"That's better," Brian said as he turned back to Greg to console him some more.


Gus watched the smirk disappear and a look of hurt take its place. The guy was playing his father.


Dinner was rather silent. Gus, Brian and Greg ate barbecue out by the pool. Mrs. Hadley had made them a humungous salad to go with the steaks Brian barbecued. Gus had gone upstairs after the 'Greg in the pool' incident. He couldn't stand seeing his father being so solicitous of someone who obviously didn't deserve it. When he came down for dinner the two men were dressed and had that same satisfied look they'd had before they started swimming. Gus wrinkled his nose at the thought. He wished that was all Greg wanted with his father, but he knew the man wanted more, and Gus didn't like what he was sure Greg wanted.


"Did you get some of your assignments finished?" Brian asked his son.


"A few. I'm getting there."


"If you can finish them by next weekend, we can take them to the principal for the Monday before school starts. Then he can make the decision about you going there."


"I'll try to get them done," Gus said.


"That would make life a lot simpler if you did. I'd like to read them before you give them to Mr. Jennings."


"Um, what are you two talking about?" Greg asked. "Sounds like you have to do schoolwork over the summer."


"I do."


"That sucks," Greg smirked.


"It doesn't suck," Brian corrected his lover. "Gus has some catching up to do."


"Not so great in the brains department, eh kid?" Greg continued with a satisfied smirk on his face.


"Greg," Brian interrupted trying to stop Greg from saying something that would totally turn Gus off doing his assignments.


"Oh, I'm a real dumbass, but I have enough brains to know about you," Gus retorted. He stood up, flung down his napkin and ran up to his room.


"He really seems to have taken a shine to me," Greg grinned. "Don't ya think?"


"That was uncalled for," Brian said standing up.


"Don't go after him," Greg said. "Kids just want everything their own way. He's jealous that I have some of your time now."


"You think that's it?" Brian asked. He hoped that was all there was to Gus' tantrum, but he suspected there was more to it than that.


"I'm sure, like I know anything about kids," Greg laughed. "If I was Gus, I'd be jealous of me," Greg said with some kind of convoluted logic.


Brian sat back down. "Maybe I'll let him cool off a bit before I speak to him," Brian said with a sigh.


"Good idea, and meanwhile I'll keep you entertained," Greg whispered as he leaned across the table for a kiss.


Mrs. Hadley watched from the kitchen. She had always known Mr. Kinney was gay, but she had never seen him with another man. She wondered what was so special about this Greg person. She didn't find him anywhere near in Mr. Kinney's class. She supposed the sex had to be very good, because the man didn't have much of a brain in his head. Although he had had enough smarts to start driving a wedge between Gus and his father. She wondered if there was anything she could do about that.


Gus sat on the bed in his bedroom. He was trying to read "Harry Potter", but he was also trying to block out Greg Fernley and everything he represented. He wondered why he could remember Greg's name so easily when Greg couldn't remember his. He wondered if there was anything he could do to help his father. The problem was his father didn't want help getting rid of Greg. He would be much happier to be rid of Gus.


Brian cleaned off the table and carried the dishes into the kitchen to Mrs. Hadley. He wished Greg would get off his ass and help out a bit, but the man was a guest so that couldn't really be expected. He wondered if there was any way he could make Greg and Gus get along. They seemed to dislike each other right from the first meeting. There probably wasn't anything that could be done.


Greg lounged back in his chair. He had asked Brian for some brandy to finish off dinner. Brian had brought the bottle along with two snifters. It was quality booze and Greg was enjoying it. He could really get used to living in this place especially if Brian decided that Greg didn't need to work. He would be perfectly happy to be Brian's boy toy. He didn't really like the law very much anyway, and he wasn't really very good at it. He wondered if there was anything he could do about that kid of Kinney's. He was a brat, and Greg would like this place a whole lot more if whatsisname wasn't there.


"Mr. Kinney," Mrs. Hadley began. "Will your friend be staying the night?"


"I … I don't know yet," Brian replied. He knew he wanted Greg to stay but things had not quite gone the way he had hoped. "Why?" Brian wondered if Mrs. Hadley was going to get all uptight now that he had brought someone to the house.


"I wondered how many to expect for breakfast."


"Plan on three of us."


"Certainly."


"Thank you."


"I … I don't want to intrude but perhaps you should have a word with Gus."


"Why?"


"He seemed upset."


"I thought I'd let him calm down."


"He may interpret that as you not caring."


"I suppose," Brian said with a sigh. It was so much easier when he didn't have to worry about anybody but himself. He looked out at the patio where Greg lounged in the setting sun. He felt his dick grow bigger at the sight. He still wanted the man in spite of all the problems. "I'll talk to Gus in the morning," Brian said as he went out to Greg.


Mrs. Hadley watched him go and shook her head. Mr. Kinney seemed besotted with this man, and there was nothing she could do about it.


"Greg," Brian said, "let's go upstairs."


"I thought you'd never ask," Greg smiled. He grabbed the brandy bottle and stood somewhat unsteadily on his feet. "I could use a strong shoulder to lean against," he laughed suggestively.


Brian moved to him and put his arm around Greg's waist. They started to walk into the house. Mrs. Hadley went quickly to her quarters. She didn't enjoy seeing her boss make a fool of himself, and potentially be making the biggest mistake of his life.


Brian helped Greg up the stairs and they were kissing by the time they reached the top. They were both hard as Brian opened the door to his bedroom.


"I thought you'd have a bigger bedroom," Greg muttered before the door closed.


Across the hall Gus heard them and frowned. He hated this Greg more and more. He knew what Greg was getting at. He wanted the master bedroom and he would probably get it. He wanted his father and he would probably get him too if the noises emanating from Brian's bedroom meant anything. Greg wanted Gus gone, and he would probably get that too.


Greg shoved his ass up in the air and Brian drove into him. "Ah, that's what I've been waiting for," Greg purred.


Brian smiled. "Happy to oblige."


"Too bad we had to waste all that time with dinner and swimming and your kid."


Brian thrust hard and frowned. "I didn't think we were wasting time," he gasped as his orgasm built.


"You know what I mean," Greg panted. He was almost there. "Oh yeah, right there. Harder."

 

Brian rammed in again and again, and then he was cumming. As he rolled away, he had a fleeting thought that he did know what Greg had meant and he wasn't sure he liked it.