- Text Size +

Wild Child


Chapter 32


Brian and Gus drove home in silence. Brian was thinking about the words he had had with Dr. Marla after the session was over. Brian had sent Gus down to the car and he had asked to speak with Dr. Marla for a minute. He had broached the topic of drugs with her. She was quite adamant that she didn't think Gus was using. However, she had no doubt that he was having problems at school with some sort of bully. She told Brian her advice to Gus and then cautioned Brian that he would need to stand up for his son if things came to a head. Brian thanked her and arranged an appointment for the following week.


Gus was wondering at the fact that he actually liked the psychologist. He had had every intention of hating her, but she was kind and understanding. He could almost buy into her advice about standing up to Jason. He just wasn't sure that he could actually do it.


When they arrived at Britin, Mrs. Hadley met them at the door. "I have good news," she told them. "Steve called and your car will be ready tomorrow. And Gus, your computer is up in your room all set up and ready to go."


"Wow!" Gus said and tore up the stairs to use his new toy.


"I can pick up the Corvette tomorrow?" Brian asked.


"Yes, Steve said he was polishing her up for you, and she'd be ready any time tomorrow."


Brian smiled. "That's good." He had kind of missed the old car. He wanted to take Justin for a ride in her.


Gus booted up his computer. He quickly discovered that he didn't have internet access. He would have to talk to his father about that. He played some of the lame games that came with the computer, like Spider Solitaire. But he vowed that he would get some cool games as soon as he had some money.


After awhile, his father tapped on the door. "Gus, dinner is ready."


"Dad, how come I don't have internet?"


Brian grimaced. "I thought it would be better if you used the internet on my computer."


"So you can keep an eye on me?" Gus accused.


"Yeah," Brian admitted reluctantly.


"You think I'll be going to porn sites or something?"


"Or something."


"Dad, I'm not a kid. I can use the internet responsibly."


"I'm sure you can, but I think we'll keep it this way for now."


Gus made a face, but he could hardly argue when his father had bought him this great computer. "Can I get some decent computer games?"


"Like Grand Theft Auto?" Brian asked remembering the game he had seen in Gus' room in Toronto.


"Well, at least that wouldn't be as lame as Solitaire."


Brian snorted. "I'm sure we can find a game or two that we both approve of."


"Dad, um…"


"What is it, Gus?" Brian asked. He had a feeling this was something important.


"Could we talk for a minute?"


"Sure, what is it?"


"Dr. Marla asked me if I was ashamed of you," Gus said not quite sure how to get at what he wanted to say.


"And are you?"


"Shit, no! I think you're cool."


Brian smiled. "I think you're pretty cool too." He ruffled Gus' hair and they sat down on the edge of the bed.


"You … you're not going to send me away, are you?" Gus asked his face serious and his heart pounding. He really needed an answer.


"Why would you think I'd send you away"?


"My moms did when I got to be a handful."


Brian shook his head. "They thought that was the best thing to do. They were trying to help you."


"I guess I sort of knew that, but it seemed like they were giving up on me."


"I'm sorry it seemed that way, and I have no intention of giving up on you."


"I thought you might after I wrecked your car, but then you called Justin for me."


"I called Justin for you, and then he came back into my life. I can never thank you enough for that."


Gus smiled. "I like Justin a lot, and I'm glad that Greg is gone."


"Me too."


"But weren't you mad at me for wrecking your car?"


"I was too scared to be angry. I was afraid you were seriously hurt."


"If I hadn't been hurt, would you have been mad?"


"You better believe it," Brian admitted.


"What would you have done to me?"


"I … don't know. I might have grounded you. I might have made you do yard work to pay it off."


"But you have a gardener," Gus reminded Brian.


"He can always use slave labor," Brian said sticking his tongue in his cheek.


"Daaaaaad."


"If you ever do something like that again, count on working it off. I'm serious, Gus. That was not a smart thing you did."


"I know. I'm sorry."


"Good, then let's have some dinner before it's ruined."


"Dad," Gus said. He fingered the little vial that was still in the pocket of his school slacks.


"What?"


"Um … I better change into my home clothes," Gus said. "I'll be down in a couple of minutes."


Brian nodded and went downstairs. Gus let out a sigh. He wanted to tell his father about the drugs, but he was afraid. Even though Brian had said he wouldn't send Gus away, Gus didn't want to take the chance. Things could change in an instant. He knew that only too well. Feeling sad that he was such a coward, he got changed for dinner.


Dinner was over and Gus had gone back up to his room, supposedly to do homework, but Brian suspected that it was to play on his new computer. Brian and Justin were sitting in the library having a brandy.


"This is nice," Justin said. "We never did anything like this when we were together before."


"We were too busy rushing out to Woody's or Babylon. I was so busy with work."


"And I was screwing around with Ethan or the pink posse."


"Screwing the pink posse?" Brian asked raising an eyebrow.


"I could have," Justin admitted. "This one night Cody had a gun and he let me hold it. It was the first time I'd ever held a gun. It was heavy and it made me feel invincible."


"Did it make you hard?"


"Yeah," Justin admitted. "Cody stuck his hand down my jeans and starting jerking me off. I did the same for him."


"Good old Cody," Brian said ruefully. "Fucking asshole!"


"He was a fucking asshole. It just took me a while to figure it out. I did love the feeling of power that the posse gave me, though."


"Absolute power corrupts absolutely."


"I can see how that happens. You feel invincible, and anything you do is right."


"What else did you do?" Brian asked. He had always wondered what Justin got into on those nights he was out with Cody.


"Nothing I want to talk about," Justin said. He wasn't ready to tell Brian about Chris Hobbs. He wasn't sure he could ever admit how stupid he had been that night. How close he had come to shooting the motherfucker.


Brian wondered what Justin was thinking about but decided that it might be best to leave it until Justin was ready to tell him. "I'm gonna go check on Gus. He does have homework, and I don't want him wearing out the computer the first day."


Justin smiled as he watched Brian walk out of the library. Having Gus here had been good for Brian. He wondered if Gus' influence had helped change the man that Brian was becoming. Justin suspected that a lot of the change was the result of some pretty deep soul searching. Justin took another sip of his brandy just as the doorbell rang.


Justin jumped. In all the time he had been at Britin, he had never heard the doorbell before. He got up, knowing Brian was upstairs, and walked into the foyer. Mrs. Hadley was coming from the kitchen to answer it. "I'll get it," Justin called as he neared the door.


He opened the door coming face to face with Greg Fernley.


"What the fuck do you want?" Justin demanded.


"I want to see Brian."


"Well, Brian doesn't want to see you," Justin replied as he tried to close the door.


Greg stuck his foot in the door preventing Justin from closing it. "I want to see Brian," Greg spat out between clenched teeth. "Brian!" he yelled past Justin.


"Let him in, Justin," Brian said as he came down the stairs. "I have a few things to say to him too."


Gus peered around the wall at the top of the stairs. He had followed his father when they heard the disturbance from down below. He winced when he saw Greg Fernley again. He had hoped never to see that man. He waited to hear what his father would say.


Greg marched triumphantly past Justin. "I knew you'd see me. Who is this flunkie?" Greg demanded tipping his head towards Justin.


"Justin is my life partner," Brian stated with a smile towards Justin.


Justin almost choked. He had never heard Brian Kinney say anything like that in his whole life. Gus grinned.


"What kind of shit is that?" Greg demanded. "You invited me to live here with you."


"You mean that you manipulated me into agreeing to let you live here." Gus almost cried out a "Yes!" to his father's statement.


"Brian, how can you say that? I loved you and you loved me."


"I never loved you, Greg. Face facts. We were good in bed and that's all."


"What about him?" Greg asked looking towards Justin.


"I do love him, and he's great in bed," Brian stated proudly.


Greg looked from one to the other. "Well, fuck you both! I came here to give you a chance to take me back," he whined.


"Why the hell would I do that? What part of 'Get the fuck out!' didn't you understand?" Gus wanted to cheer.


"I don't see how you can be so cruel," Greg continued.


"It's not hard when you mean less than nothing to me," Brian stated seemingly unmoved by the reality of his cutting words. "I'll never forget the fact that you did nothing to help my son when he had that accident." Gus smiled.


Greg sucked in a breath. "You want to be like that? You'll be hearing from my lawyer." He turned on his heel and marched out the still open front door.


"Brian, does that mean he's going to sue you?"


Brian snorted. "For what? For giving him the best orgasms of his life? If he thinks he's going to get one red cent from me because he quit his job or thought he was going to live here, he's got another fucking think coming!"


"But he could cause trouble," Justin said with a frown.


"Let him try. He's less than the dirt on the bottom of my boot, and any court will see that in the first five minutes he's around."


"Are you sure?"


"Absolutely."


Justin took hold of the front door and closed it with a slam. He locked it just to be on the safe side. Gus smiled and went back to his room. It was great to see his father stand up for him, stand up for himself too.


"I don't think Greg will be back," Brian grinned at Justin's protective mode.


"He fucking better not be."


"Let's go to bed, Sunshine. I feel the need to lie down … with you."


"Me too," Justin smiled. They started up the stairs. "Did you really mean that life partner thing you said?"


"I always say what I mean," Brian said. Justin gave him an incredulous look. "Well, I meant it this time," Brian grinned.


"You are getting so lucky tonight," Justin said as he leaned over and kissed Brian.


"I'm counting on it. And every night from now on."


+++++


Gus lay on his bed wondering what would happen when he went to school the next day. He had a bad feeling about it. He had sort of helped Ravi, but Jason would likely harass him again. Gus felt like he had to do something. He fingered the little vial that Jason had given him.


Gus knew that he could use what was in the vial. He had seen enough of his "friends" in Toronto get high. They felt great … for a little while, but it never lasted. Gus had learned all about the fallacy of drugs, how they promised one thing and delivered another. That's why when drugs had come into his life, he had become the runner for one of the drug suppliers in his area. They paid him good money for delivering the drugs to the distributors. He was always scrupulously honest in his dealings, and they quickly learned to trust him. He made lots of money from his transactions, and he didn't have to take drugs or be directly responsible for others taking the drugs. He didn't like to think about that part of it. And his "boss" saw that he was protected. He didn't have to worry about bullies or pushers. He was above all that. When he had first worked out that arrangement, he had learned what power was and what it could do for you. He knew he would never have to be afraid again.


Except that he was. He had seen people OD and he had seen them get shot or stabbed when a deal went bad. He had seen them being taken off to juvey or to jail. He didn't want anything to do with jail. But he knew that what he did left him open to that very thing, and it scared him almost more than the bullies had. But once you were in, you were in to stay. The only thing that had saved him was his father bringing him here to Pittsburgh.


Gus stared at the little vial. It was an old trick used by the pushers. The first one is free, and the user likes it. It's gravy from then on, as people sold their souls for the next fix. Gus wondered if it was as great as his friends led him to believe. He had never tried any kind of drug. He knew that his father and probably his mothers did recreational drugs, but Gus wasn't sure that it would be recreational for him. He had this feeling that if he ever started, he would never be able to stop. He didn't like that feeling at all.


With a sigh, he flicked off his light and rolled over. He still clutched the vial in his hand. He wondered if he would be able to sleep. He dreaded the next day. Tomorrow would tell the tale about the rest of his life. He was sure of that.


In the master suite, Justin was riding Brian's cock for all he was worth. Even though they were older and more mature, their passion for each other was as unbridled as always. Each time Justin raised up, he would clench his anal muscles and elicit the most exquisite moan from Brian. Justin loved that sound. It had been far too long since he had done this, and he was going to milk it for all it was worth.


"Like that?" Justin asked as he slammed down on Brian's groin.


"Holy fucking shit! I love it. I love you!" Brian had his fists full of sheet and he was barely holding on. The urge to let his orgasm overtake him was so great, but he didn't want this to be over. He grunted and held on as Justin rose and fell over him.


"Now, Brian," Justin gasped as his own orgasm had him shooting all over Brian's chest.


With a mighty groan, Brian filled the condom and thrust up into Justin three or four times. When they were both finally spent, Justin collapsed on top of Brian. He felt Brian's softening dick slip out and he slid down Brian's chest feeling his own cum, slippery between them.


Justin let out a big sigh as Brian wiped Justin's sweaty forehead and held him close. He felt Brian shift a bit and strip off the condom. Brian pulled the sheet over them and held his lover, his ex-lover, his slutty little boy, his delicious manchild, his partner and his equal against his chest.


"I love you," he whispered against Justin's hair.


"I love you too. Do you think maybe we can get it right this time?"


"I'm going to do my very best to make it work."


"I like the sound of that, and I will too."


"That's my boy," Brian said with a smile.


"I'll always be your boy, won't I?"


"Unless you don't want me to call you that."


"I don't mind. It makes me feel like I did so long ago," Justin said eliciting a kiss from his partner. Justin snuggled down on Brian's chest again. He thought for a minute and then asked, "Why couldn't we have talked like this back then?"


"Neither one of us was ready. We were too…"


"Insecure?"


"Too inexperienced, was what I was going to say. But insecurity played a big part in it too."


"We wasted so much time," Justin sighed.


"Yeah, but look at where we are now."


"Exactly where we want to be," Justin smiled as he played with Brian's nipple.


"Exactly, and this time we both know it."


"Yeah, it feels good."


"Did you work out what you're going to do about Europe?" Brian asked hoping that Justin had cleared up any commitments over there.


"I'm going to have to make a trip back to pick up my belongings and clean out my apartment in Rome. Then it's all done. I cancelled everything else that I was supposed to be part of over there."


"When will you have to go?"


"In the next two weeks."


"Maybe we could make it a … honeymoon," Brian said feeling his cheeks get red. "Shit! I don't believe I just said that."


"I do, and I think that's a great idea. But, what about Gus?"


"Lindsay may be back here by then, or Mrs. Hadley will see that he's well looked after."


"But what about the trouble he's having at school?"


"I'm hoping with Dr. Marla's help, we can get this settled soon."


"And if you don't?" Justin asked.


"Then, we have our … honeymoon another time. I won't leave Gus if he needs me."


"You're such a good dad," Justin said and raised his head to kiss Brian.


"I hope so. I want him to have a better childhood than I had. And so far, that hasn't happened."


"It's not your fault."


"If I had been more insistent about being in his life, things would have been better."


"You can't know that."


"I had a few words with Dr. Marla after our session. She wants me to be there for Gus right now. She said I have to stand up for him. That's what I should have done years ago."


"And you will," Justin stated. "And I'll be right there beside you."


"Can I count on you?"


"You know you can."

 

"I love you," Brian whispered once again. He wondered at saying it so often to the man he loved. He should have said it long ago, and not just when an explosion made him think he was going to lose everything.