- Text Size +

“This is exactly what I needed.” Brian punctuated his every word with a thrust into Justin.

“When you asked me to come with you for lunch, I didn’t expect to become the dessert.”

They were in the bathroom at the diner, and it was dangerous, but Brian couldn’t keep his hands off Justin.

It was one o’clock on Thursday afternoon, and Brian’s problems weren’t even close to being solved.

He and Evan had come to an agreement about their marriage and the way they would navigate it. At least, Evan had accepted Brian's proposal to be able to trick as discreetly as possible so no one would catch on to it. They would always act in love and as couple-y as possible in public. As for the part where they fucked each other, it was still murky gray, because Brian wasn’t sure how he felt about topping Evan. That had been his dream in his twenties, but that ship had sailed.

His lawyer kept telling him to hang in there, because it was a difficult case, and he might have a chance to win, but only once the ad for Kinnetik was done, to show people that his usual work wasn’t gay propaganda. Brian’s ads had always been daring and ‘in your face’, and the gay marriage campaign was no exception. The only problem had been a huge misunderstanding and miscommunication that resulted in some billboards being displayed in places where there hadn’t been any authorization cleared.

On top of everything, Brian hadn’t gotten five minutes alone with Justin.

Anchoring himself with one hand on the stall door and the other on Justin's hip, Brian plowed into him at a restless pace.

Justin whimpered, pushing back into Brian's dick.

When they were close, Brian's phone rang loudly.

So won't you, please, be my, be my baby
Be my little baby, my one and only baby
Say you'll be my darlin', be my, be my baby
Be my baby now, my one and only baby
Wha oh oh oh oh

Justin started laughing at the ringtone.

“Fuck!” Brian extracted his phone from his suit jacket. “What Evan?”

It had always amazed Justin how Brian could talk on the phone while fucking him and not lose momentum. Justin had learned to ignore the fact that Brian was on the phone while he was in his ass. Though, at the moment it was odd, considering the person on the other end was Brian's husband.

Brian kept a firm grip on Justin, pushing two more times before spilling into the condom. Justin pulled away, stroking his erection, but soon his hand was battled away, being replaced by Brian's.

“Yes, I heard you,” Brian answered to Evan. He was slightly out of breath. “I’ll be there in ten minutes. Fifteen, tops,” he added, stroking Justin's dick hurriedly.

Justin leaned into the metal door, feeling his toes curling in his sneakers. His hands grabbed Brian's shoulders, as he breathed harshly at the impeding orgasm.

Brian covered his mouth with his own, after hanging up. It was enough to drown out Justin's cries of pleasure when he came.

“Nice ringtone,” Justin said amused when he could breathe right again.

“It’s part of the charade,” Brian explained. He turned to the toilet, pissing, like he didn’t have company.

Justin shook his head. He had managed to forget the little things about Brian, and how he had no scruples.

“So you have to be back,” Justin mumbled.

“Yeah, one of the old accounts decided to pay us a visit when Gardner fucked up his ad.”

“Gardner? The same…” Justin frowned, arranging his clothes.

“The very same. There are limited options in Pittsburgh regarding good ad agencies.”

“You plan on taking this account back or teaching them a lesson?”

“I’m all for the latter, but we need all the accounts we can get in order to survive this month.” Brian tucked his dick in his pants. “Go right ahead. Tell Debbie to pack our lunch.”

“She’ll know where we’ve disappeared to,” Justin whispered.

“She’ll get over it.”

Justin washed his hands and splashed some water on his flushed face before heading into the diner. He choked on his spit when he ran into Debbie right at the bathroom door. She had her hands on her hips.

“I was just looking for you,” he said. “Can you pack our lunch to go?”

“Should I double your servings? Did you work up an appetite in there?”

“Deb…”

She huffed, heading to their table to get their plates.

Justin sat on an empty stool at the counter, trying to explain the situation in a way that wouldn’t make her go ballistic.

Brian came to Justin's side, leaning into him. “I’ll go ahead, Evan called again saying that these idiots want a meeting now.”

“I’ll bring your food.”

“Thanks. See you, Deb!” Brian waved to her.

“Hold the remarks,” Justin muttered when Debbie placed two Styrofoam boxes in front of him. “Can I get a couple of lemon bars, too?”

“Sunshine, I hope you’re being careful.”

“We are,” he mumbled, accepting the dessert. “See you Saturday?”

“We’re having dinner at Michael’s.”

“Okay. I’ll let Brian know.” He smiled, taking the food and making his way to Kinnetik.

Justin left Brian's pasta carbonara on his desk, taking his burger and fries and the lemon bars to the kitchen area.

He found Ted eating by himself, so he joined him. Ted shot him an amused look.

“Didn’t you leave with Brian to get lunch?”

“He had to come back. Some old account decided Kinnetik was better.”

“I can’t believe this is happening just because of an ad.” Ted shook his head.

“Oh, I can believe it. People are such homophobes, they’d do anything to catch us at our weakest and hurt us.”

“I know you’ve been at the end of the hatred from the homophobes…”

“Several times,” Justin agreed. “And if you haven’t, you’re lucky.”

“Must be tough.”

Justin shrugs. “You know that saying? What doesn’t kill you, makes you stronger? It applies to me so well.”

“It’s sad that so many bad things happened to you. And you’re so young.”

“It opened my eyes about the cruel world we live in.”

“Justin!”

Justin turned to the door where Evan was standing, looking at him. “Get Kyle and Garrett and come to the meeting room. Uh, I’m sorry to disturb your lunch, but it’s urgent.”

“Sure thing.”

“I’ll put your food away in the fridge,” Ted offered.

“Thanks.”

#

Saturday brought dark clouds. Justin stayed with Daphne, who helped him pack up his stuff, until it was time to head to Michael’s, though he wasn’t ready to be around Brian and Evan.

Brian had told him about his agreement with Evan, and even though it made sense, it would hurt Justin.

When he was getting dressed, his phone rang from the bed.

“Michael?” he answered, surprised at the caller.

“Huh. You still have my number.”

“I didn’t delete any numbers. What’s up?”

“Dinner at our place. That’s what I wanted to tell you.”

“I know. Your mom made sure to tell me. Should I bring anything?”

“Just yourself,” Michael answered, amused.

“Okay. See you.”

His cargo pants paired with a blue sleeveless shirt, along with his brown leather jacket, would do for the weather outside. Despite it almost being June and gloomy, the breeze was slightly cool. Besides, he planned to head to Babylon after dinner.

#

Brian and Evan were the last to arrive, and despite the happy act they had to show, they were both in a bad mood.

Brian greeted Ben curtly, heading straight for the kitchen. He found Justin and Michael in there, all cheerful about something or another.

He placed three bottles of wine on the counter, startling them.

“Brian,” Michael exclaimed. “You shouldn’t have.”

“These are for research purposes. If they’re shitty, I’m going to strangle Billy.”

“Uh?” Michael inspected one bottle. “This looks like expensive wine.”

“With all the things happening in my life, restocking the bar at Babylon had been the lowest of my priorities. I allowed Billy to deal with that. Then Ted gave me all the bills I had to pay for Kinnetik and Babylon. I didn’t look at work, but Evan checked them this morning. Billy should probably erect a monument to Evan for keeping me from going after his ass.”

“But it’s good stuff,” Justin protested, checking on bottle.

“It’s a fucking dance club, Justin! We don’t sell expensive wine. We make sure the strong booze is good quality, but not the wine. If you want good wine, go to a fucking winery.”

“Would you drop it?” Evan groaned, joining them. “Are you going to whine about Bill’s mistake to everyone?”

“We’re going to Babylon after we leave, and I’m going to make him drink every last drop of it.!”

“Brian, he’s never done anything like this. He didn’t know what to get, and he figured good wine was the correct choice.”

“He’s the goddamn bartender. He doesn’t know what he gives the patrons? Is this a joke?”

“Relax. You’re going to talk to him tonight.” Evan touched Brian's back.

“Take this outside.” Michael handed Brian a bowl of salad.

Evan picked up the wine opener and two bottles, then followed Brian outside.

Brian deposited the bowl on the table, greeting the others before heading back inside. He crossed paths with Justin in the kitchen doorway. They did a little dance, left then right then left again, before Brian backed him into the wall.

“When are you moving in?”

“I’ve packed most of my stuff. I might do it tomorrow.” Justin shrugged. “Seriously, you need to chill. Evan’s right. So Billy made a mistake, it will be okay.”

“Yeah right.”

“See you in the Backroom,” Justin whispered against Brian's ear, before disappearing outside.

“Need help with anything?” Brian offered, joining Michael in the kitchen.

“No. It’s all ready.”

Brian noticed the last issue of Rage on the counter. He smiled wistfully at the image of Rage and JT married. He traced the cover, turning to his best friend.

“Planning a comeback?”

“Justin asked if I still had the comic book. This is the only one I found. The others must be in the attic.”

“I still remember that dinner where I acted like an ass.”

“Good to know you admit it.”

“Let’s just say I grew up enough to understand what a horrible person I used to be,” Brian said diplomatically. “I’ve treated everyone badly, especially you and Justin – the only two people I ever loved.”

“And we knew you were capable of love, and we stuck around.” Michael patted his arm. “Come on.”

Brian wrapped an arm around Michael, hugging him tightly. “I’m sorry, Mikey.”

“Hey, stop it. Everything will work out.”

“I hope so.” Brian pressed his lips to the top of Michael’s head, before they joined the others outside.

Justin and Emmett were bickering over who would make the drinks as Ted and Blake looked on, while Ben and Evan were discussing Ben’s latest book. Debbie tried to act as the mediator between the fighting boys, but she had little luck.

Brian pushed Justin and Emmett away from the drinks. “Allow me, boys.”

That turned into louder protests, until Debbie whistled loudly. “Quit it! I declare Sunshine as the bartender.”

Emmett sulked, slumping into his seat. “If Drewsy was here, he’d tell you what an amazing drink mixer I am.”

“We’re not all into the fruity shit you drink,” Brian muttered, accepting the whiskey on rocks Justin handed him.

“Okay, I’m all ears. What do you guys want to drink?” Justin beamed, pouring vodka and cranberry juice in a glass for Emmett.

When everyone had a drink in front of them, they settled in, catching up and having fun like in the old days.

It wasn’t until dessert, when Emmett jumped, startled. He was seated next to Justin. He shot a look across the table at Brian.

“You missed,” he joked in a strangled voice.

Brian's eyes widened, glancing at Justin to see if he was paying attention. He found him deep in conversation with Michael.

Brian poked his tongue out to Emmett, acting like nothing had happened. He hadn’t expected to touch Emmett under the table when he decided to tease Justin.

“Feeling better?” Evan asked, leaning closer.

“Thanks for reminding me,” Brian muttered.

“I just noticed you’ve relaxed. Good.” Evan touched Brian's thigh under the table.

Brian stiffened under the palm dangerously close to his dick. He had expected to have some fun with Justin under the table, but he was apparently going to get some from his husband.

Evan rubbed Brian’s hardening dick, and as much as Brian tried to squirm out of his grasp, he couldn’t escape.

“Want to check the bathroom?” Evan breathed into his ear.

Brian shook his head, biting his cheek. He became aware of Justin's eyes on him, and when he looked his way, Justin smiled. Then he turned to Michael, and they giggled like two school girls who had been caught by their crush.

Brian gasped when Evan ran his thumb over the head of his dick through the denim covering it. He tried to mask it with a sip from the wine he had confiscated from Babylon. But several pair of eyes turned to him, including Justin, who had a knowing look in his eyes.

Brian tore his eyes off Justin’s inquisitive blue ones, glaring at the raspberries left on his plate. He couldn’t allow Evan all the control, and he definitely wasn’t going to let Evan make him come in his pants like a teen.

Brian shoved Evan’s hand away, getting up and storming inside the house. He locked himself in the downstairs bathroom. He refused to stroke his dick until he came, because it made him feel dirty somehow. Instead he thought of Lindsay and Mel going down on each other. His boner went down so fast, he hoped he hadn’t scared it forever.

When he left the bathroom, there was a flurry of activity. Everyone was bringing plates and chairs inside. He looked out the window, and saw that a downpour had started.

He wasn’t going to get his clothes wet by helping them, so he jumped on top of the counter, picking at the berries from the cake Emmett had baked.

Brian watched his friends, amused, as they left a trail of water on their way in and out. It was only a matter of time before someone slipped. He expected Justin to be the clumsy one, knowing the twat was a master at stumbling, but Brian doubled over in laughter when Evan slid on the wet tiles before he fell on his ass.

“Instead of laughing, you could lend me a hand,” Evan grunted, still not moving an inch from where he was sprawled on the floor.

Before Brian could reply, Ted rushed into the house, not seeing Evan and stumbling over him, dropping a bowl of whipped cream on Evan’s head. Brian grabbed a tissue to wipe his tears of laughter.

“You’re so fucking entertaining!”

Blake appeared in the doorway, helping Ted and asking if he was hurt.

The others soon gathered in the kitchen doorway, and Evan finally got up. Ben offered to lend him a clean t-shirt, guiding him upstairs.

“You’re the worst,” Evan snapped at Brian.

“I’m doing my best, honey,” he called out, still laughing.

“Did you trip him? There are other ways to get rid of your husband,” Debbie announced.

“He slipped on that puddle over ther…” He barely got the words out, before Justin slipped on the same puddle, breaking free from the crowd.

Brian chucked out the berry in his hand, jumping off the counter and kneeling at Justin's side. The twat had broken his fall with his wrist, and now he was cradling it to his chest, whimpering.

“Did you break it?”

“I don’t think so.”

Brian helped Justin up, leading him to the couch in the living room. Debbie checked Justin's wrist, which was swelling by the second.

“It’s broken,” she declared.

“I just have to ice it,” Justin hissed, but Brian noticed tears in his eyes.

“I think you should listen to Ma. She knows what a broken bone looks like having to deal with me and Brian growing up,” Michael quipped up.

“I’ll take you to the hospital.” Brian grabbed their jackets, then ushered Justin to the front door. “Tell Evan where I am, will you? And he should go talk to Billy.” He fished Justin's car keys from his jacket and led him to the passenger seat of the Taurus.

Emmett rushed out of the house with a pack of frozen peas. “Keep this on your wrist until you get to the hospital.”

“Thanks, Em,” Justin mumbled.

“Fuck, Justin,” Brian muttered, getting behind the wheel.

“Just drive. It hurts like a motherfucker. I never had anything broken.”

“Well, now you do. And it’s your right hand,” Brian said, worried. “I hope there’s not any permanent damage.”

“Well, instead of laughing, you could have wiped that water after Evan fell.”

“He’s fine, but I didn’t think anyone would get seriously hurt. I half expected it to be you falling, because I know how prone you are to getting hurt. But I never thought you’d seriously injure yourself.”

Justin curled on the seat, pressing the frozen peas to his swollen wrist. “I’d kill for some of the good drugs we used to take back in the day.”

“If you’re a good boy at the doctor’s, I might indulge you, Sonny Boy.”

Justin chuckled. “If I was good when they drew blood, Mom would buy me ice cream. Times have changed, I guess.”

 

Brian laughed along with him, reaching out to stroke Justin's hair. “You’ll be fine.”