- Text Size +

As much as Justin praised his ambidextrous skills, he had failed to cover Brian's dick on his cast. All he had managed to do was color it in nude, making it look even more realistic.

Monday turned out to be a warm day, and the mere thought of a jacket made Justin’s skin crawl.

As promised, Brian had the ‘Vette on idle in front of the building at eight thirty.

The first thing he did when Justin got in the car, he checked the cast. “I see what you meant by almost perfect. Now it looks even better than the real thing.”

Justin scowled. “I’ll have to ask Derek to draw something to cover it. I can’t reach around my arm so well.”

“If you keep Derek from work to doodle on your cast, I’m keeping money from you salary.”

Justin gasped. “You’re joking!”

“Maybe I am.”

“Are we stopping for coffee?” Justin asked, hopefully.

“Evan will get us coffee. I asked him to get you a mocha.” Brian shot him a smile.

“You’re the best.”

When they parked at Kinnetik, Justin squeezed Brian's hand. “See you later.”

He walked slowly to the Art Department, subconsciously covering his cast with his left hand. Justin was surprised to get worried looks from several of his colleagues.

Alice even came to him to check if he was in pain.

“I’m good.” Justin cringed when he noticed Alice inspecting the cast.

“Do you mind if I draw something?”

“I’m first!” Derek seized Justin's arm. “Any color is accepted?”

Justin beamed. “All colors. Make sure you cover that dick.”

“What asshole did that to you?” Susan asked, staring horrified at the dick. “Though, it’s very well drawn.”

“Thank you, Susan,” Brian said loudly, depositing Justin's coffee on his desk.

“You drew that?” Susan gasped.

“And I want it covered because it’s obscene,” Justin mumbled. “Come on, Derek. There’s a crowd ready to make sure Brian’s dick is gone.” He shot Brian an amused look at what he’d said. “You know what I mean.”

“Watch if I ever do nice things for you.”

“Aw, don’t be like that!” Justin called after Brian's retreating form.

“We should make a theme. Let us brainstorm,” Derek said, gathering the others.

Brian poked his head back in the office. “If I don’t have the first look at the ad for Kinnetik by noon, you’re all fired! And I’ll break all your limbs and draw dicks on your casts!”

Justin hung his head, wondering why he was in love with that child of a man. He seemed to be the only one doing actual work. Well, Kyle too, but that was another story. Kyle hadn’t dared to even look at Justin since Brian had ripped them a new one the previous week.

Derek took his spot next to Justin, saying Justin could work and not mind him, he was just going to paint his cast. After Derek, came several others, but Justin didn’t spare them a look.

Only when Alice clapped her hands, saying they were done, did Justin look at his cast.

He could feel his face flaming. They hadn’t covered the dick or Daphne's words. They had made it worse. There were tongues drawn all over the length of the dick, there was the unmistakable shape of an ass rosebud at the tip of the dick, and Daphne's words were surrounded by graphic sketches of men fucking.

“What have you done?”

“Don’t you like it?” Alice pouted.

“This way Mr. Kinney can’t be mad at us,” a young man said quietly. Justin couldn’t be bothered to remember his name.

“Oh, lighten up! Imagine all the guys you’re going to get with this work of art on your arm,” Derek joked.

Justin opened his mouth, ready to retort, when the landline rang. “WHAT?” He shouted, realizing too late, he shouldn’t have answered like that.

“Justin? It’s Evan. We’re ready for the first look at the mock-ups.”

“I’ll be right there.”

He and Kyle took their initial sketches and went into Brian and Evan’s office.

Brian beckoned him with a finger. He inspected the cast, whistling loudly.

“I love my art team!”

“I hate everyone.”

“Don’t be upset. It becomes you.”

“And I hate you the most.”

“You’re just upset because you couldn’t draw this art yourself.”

Justin was ready to strangle Brian, when Evan intervened, guiding everyone into the meeting room.

Kyle had his boards set up and started his presentation when Brian joined Evan at the head of the table. Justin kept his eyes on their body language, glancing at Kyle every now and then.

“That’s interesting, but it’s not what Justin came up with,” Evan said, confused.

“That’s because we worked separately. I had Susan and Derek’s help to create this.” Justin connected the tablet to the WiFi of the room, projecting his creation on the screen. “We couldn’t make boards with it, because I tried my hand at animation.” Justin caught Brian's eye. “Remember, I told you how I want to create a clip? This is the rough version of how it might look like.”

“I’m confused. We make two ads?” Brian asked, at the end.

“No. Justin thought we should do two and you’d decide which one is the best,” Kyle explained.

“Hands down: Justin’s,” Evan declared.

Brian cocked his head to the side, frowning at Evan. Justin thought, for a wild second, that Brian liked Kyle’s idea better. “While I’m a fan of what you did, Justin, I also like Kyle’s idea. I want both of you to integrate Kyle’s slogan. That’s the best part of your presentation. Did you come up with it?”

“It was Alice’s idea.”

Justin stared at the slogan on one of the boards. Kinnetik – Daring. Dynamic. Driven.

“I think I can work with that.” Justin nodded.

“The real question here is: can you work together?” Brian stared at them, seriously.

“Of course,” Kyle declared, offended.

“If you or anyone from the team gives Justin any more shit, you’ll deal with me.”

Kyle looked ready to protest, but thought better of his need for the job probably, and closed his mouth.

“It’s available for you as well,” Brian told Justin. “You don’t have to be friends at work, just get along enough to get the job done.”

Justin nodded. “Sure thing.”

“Now go! Play nice!”

“Wait.” Evan stopped them. “We need to be organized if we want to shoot a clip. Some should work on the editing, others should be there when the clip it’s shot, and others should think of the script.”

“I’ve thought of some lines. I’ll run them by Kyle,” Justin answered.

“Good! Now you can go.”

“Dick Boy, hold it!”

Justin froze in the doorway. He turned to glare at Brian, and caught Evan cuffing Brian. He wanted to shake his hand, but he wasn’t pro violence.

“What, Mr. Kinney?” Justin asked as politely as possible.

“Nothing. It’s funny how you answered to that nickname.” Brian grinned.

“Asshole,” Justin muttered, following Kyle.

#

That evening, Justin stopped by the diner to eat.

Brian had bailed on him, going to a business dinner with Evan, which resulted in Justin having to find a new way to get home.

Justin found Blake at a table, focused on his phone.

“Mind if I sit here?” Justin asked.

Blake glanced up, startled. “Hey, Justin! For a wild second, I thought someone hit on me.”

“Would that be too bad?” Justin joked, sitting across from Blake.

“Aside from the fact that I have a boyfriend? No one ever spared me a second look.” Blake shrugged.

“Ted did, or you wouldn’t be here.”

Blake smiled, his eyes lingering on Justin's cast. “So you broke it, after all?”

“It’s sprained,” Justin said, mournfully.

“And someone signed it.” He leaned closer to inspect the drawing. “Whoa! Did you do this yourself?”

Justin rolled his eyes. “The dick is Brian's handiwork and the words are Daphne’s. The rest of the drawings are from my colleagues.”

“Here I wanted to ask if I could write something, but I might ruin the art.”

“Go ahead and ruin it,” Justin begged.

“Sunshine,” Debbie cried out, joining him in the booth. “Poor dear. Oh, my,” she gasped, noticing the drawings on his cast.

“I’m gonna wrap it in bandage so no one will be able to gawk.”

“That would make a nice tattoo,” Debbie offered.

“Of course, you’d find it funny. It’s all Brian’s fault! He drew that dick, then my colleagues helped me covering it. I was aiming for a different covering when I allowed them to paint my cast.”

“Is that Brian's dick?” Debbie asked, laughing.

“Wouldn’t you like to know?”

“Well, I know you love Brian's dick, but to wear it on your sleeve…”

Justin slid lower in the booth, feeling his cheeks reddening.

“Did you tattoo Brian's dick on your arm? That’s kinda extreme,” Michael quipped up, joining them.

“That’s it! I’m going to murder Brian,” Justin shouted.

 

Debbie explained to her son that Brian had drawn his dick on Justin's cast.